Start by marking “Raven (Xian Warriors, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raven (Xian Warriors, #3)

(Xian Warriors #3)

Her beautiful mind was her own prison.

After betrayal and abuse destroyed Liena’s dreams of becoming a Psychic Operator, she warily accepts a temporary position on Khepri, the homeworld of the bioengineered Xian Warriors. With entire Warrior units getting mysteriously wiped out, she must help devise a critical antidote. But when a buck naked, sexy as sin, Xian W

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 204 pages
Published April 16th 2019 by Regine Abel (first published April 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Start your review of Raven (Xian Warriors, #3)
Amy~My Book Obsession~
Even the small need to be counted

Ok wow so much to unload. Let’s see Liena is great and just what Raven needs. The plot has thicken again and I know the next book is going to be just as good as this one. Be ready to meet some new and old friends. Also this series can not be read out of order.
#MyBookObsessionApproved!
Bubbles The Book Pimp
In true sci fi superstar fashion Regine Abel offers up another thrilling instalment in this wonderful series.
If you have not read Legion: Xian Warriors Book 1.. STOP what you are doing, to enjoy this book to its fullest capacity you need to read book 1. Otherwise you are missing out on masses of world developing, back story and the pure unadulterated sci fi romance rollercoaster ride that is the Xian Warriors world.
So back to Raven... now you know me... I am a spoiler free book blogger... there
Kelly
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MAN, I like these warriors. They're dedicated to stopping the hive-like aliens from conquering other worlds. When they find their special someone, they're ALL IN. And they can shapeshift into some pretty badass creatures.

Considering the mental and psychic abuse Liena was put through, the fact she is the match for an alien who can touch her mind and soul seems like a pretty big hurdle. Raven is careful with her, though, and they make strides in helping her overcome her trauma. But alien invaders
Deanne Taylor
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This world, I never could have imagined it. I mean I read a lot of scifi, shifter books and the like but this was different and exceptionally good!
Raven got my attention in book one, so was excited he was getting his own story. As the First Natural Born of the Xian warriors he's been kind of well, not babied but everyone thinks of him as kind of a kid, a younger person they need to protect.
Liena, she was so strong......after her trauma in the past who knew she'd be falling for a sexy warrior?
C
Dreamer's Books
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liena is working a temporary position on the homeworld of the Xian Warriors. She is a psychic but is afraid of another's touch due to abuse. Raven meets Liena when he walks in stark naked to the room she's inside. He immediately knows she's his mate. Liena realizes that the fear she has with others doesn't happen when she's in contact with Raven. This is a beautiful story of love, past abuse and the hunky Xian warriors.
Charlotte
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
*WARNING* contains explicit adult/alien situations
This was very different. I like the psychic part of it, but this author takes psychic to past the norm. Raven is all sci-fi with fierce aliens (well described), and mind speaking across distances, not really anything in this story could be reality as we know it. I very much enjoyed the creative beings or the story. I think one is pretty unique.
dreamerinexile
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Protecting the mate 5 stars

Wowza! Regine Abel does it once again. Her imagination and writing ability leaves me speechless. Her mind is a wonderful place to be in. I love how she created a whole new planet with humans on it, including alien species. Reading her description of the Xian warriors and Kryptid horrors, I could clearly visualize what she wanted her readers to see.

Raven and Liena's story is chock full of swoony moments as well as heartbreaking ones. Though both are very different, inhe
Mary S.
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a read I love reading Raven and Liena story. Although it's the second story to the Xian Warriors and it can be read as a standalone but I will recommend reading Legion first so you can get the experience and enjoy more of the story. Liena had difficulties sharing her abilities for what she went through but she's still is this strong wonderful woman that gave her all of what she had and wanted in her life. And Raven that man he was the soulmate I definitely would have love to have as real as ...more
Kelly Crow
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Awesome!

It's getting harder and harder to find good believable science fiction romance. This book was SO good. You really need to read the first book to understand what's going on here. But please read past the first few chapters. It's not about race, it's about DNA and genetics. Racism is about hate and there's no hate in either of these books. I just love how imaginative this author was in realizing that an anomaly introduced to humans to change them to create psychics would manifest
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 3.5 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5

Raven is the second book in the Xian Warriors series written by author Regine Abel. It can be read as a standalone romance although I do recommend that you read Legion, the first book in the series, before beginning this one. I believe it will help you gain a better foundation to fully understand and appreciate the backstories.  Just know that it’s just a suggestion.

In this story, Liena has accepted a positi
Raina Collins
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An alien romance that will sweep you away. I love the dynamic the human women have with the Xians. The males are protective as if any female is their sister. But when they meet that one female that is meant to be their soulmate they become way more protective. But they keep things slow and always ask or allow the woman to make the first move. They will give her their hearts (yes two) and soul to her. The story gets very interesting as they talk about psychic abilities and how each race of humans ...more
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
Wow! So nice to revisit this cool world. Liena and Raven had sparks flying right from their first glance. Really nice that Raven found his one. Poor Liena was having PTSD from some prior trauma in her past. They had such a huge challenge with her aversion to mindspeak. This Xian world is fascinatingly built by this author. There is something shady going on in the Rings of Januar. They have to protect their people from the evil Kryptid General. I spent two days engrossed in this book. I highly re ...more
Jutta
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt so sorry for Raven and his unrequited love in the first book so I'm so glad he got a book of his own. I love the way this story builds on the one before and carries on from the slightly different angle of Raven's perspective. Again this world and these characters pulled me in and didn't let me go right till the end...I need to know what happens next...
Jackie
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely intrigued with this story. Followed perfectly after the first one. The characters are superb and strong. Loved it.
Jannie Cv
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book!
I love this series! “Raven” reveals even more extraordinary abilities than we saw before. The battles with the Kryptids and those they’ve enslaved had me glued to my seat. Nothing is as they anticipated; they had to innovate in the fly to reach their goals.
Although this can be read as a stand alone, the reader’s enjoyment will be enhanced by reading “Legion” (book one in the series) first.
If you haven’t started the series yet, please do. You’re in for a real treat!
Amazon Customer
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My aura is deep pink

I love this series. The Warriors are fiercely loyal and good. The female humans are caring and loving.

This book could be read as a standalone but you would enjoy connecting moments / people to the first one.

We get to meet the friendemies once again and help them in return.

I wonder what couple will be next. I can't wait!
LuDena
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raven

I finished the book to quickly . I wasn't ready to leave the universe and characters that Regine Abel had woven .
Serena Buffaloe
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*SIGH * This is a GREAT READ !!!!

I LOVED this story !!! I loved the seeing old friends , and meeting new ones . I loved how the story moves forward. I loved how this story delves deeper into the characters and how they love ! Why they love 💘💘
I loved the action ( more of that please ! ) , and the sexy times !!!
I WANT one !! ( a Warrior )
In this story the great grand daughter of Dr Xi , the "Father " of the Xian Warriors so to speak , has been sent.to Khepri the seat of the Xian Warriors pla
Tina
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Raven

Wonderful second story in this series. Raven and Liena were a great couple. So loving and understanding with each other. The world building was very well constructed and fascinating. I highly recommend this book and this series. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Blue Rose
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard but good.

There were some difficult issues that the heroine had to deal with and this might be a trigger for some people with abuse trauma, But she worked through it and overcame her past with the help and love of her mate. A wonderful story with a happy ending and just enough left to make you want the next book.
Joyffree
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
"Like a moth to a flame, my soul drifted towards the irresistible pull of him.
His soul mingled with mine, then wrapped around me in a gentle, protective hold."
- Liena

This is the second book in the series it can be read as a standalone
-but to get the full effect of the storyline and a better connection with the characters
I suggest starting with Legion. (Which is still my favorite of the series.)
The Xian warriors are at an impasse, the enemy seeming to be one step ahead of them
In a desperate a
JML
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another stellar chapter in a fantastic series. 5🌟

This is Raven's story he is the son of Doom and Victoria from the first book in the series. This book picks up a little over 30 years from his parents story and about 2 years since Legion 's . The great granddaughter of the human doctor that created the Xian warriors has come to their home world and help them find a way to stop the Kryptids from using some new weapon to kill the warriors and kidnap their soul catchers. Liena is a geneticist just l
Nessa
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I WASN'T TOO INVESTED IN RAVEN AND LEINA'S STORY....BUT I DID PICK THIS UP TO READ THE ONGOING WAR BETWEEN THE VANGUARD-KRYPTIDS.

RAVEN is the first TRUEBORN son between Doom and Victoria. I'm only happy to finally see DOOM again here and see his interaction with his son. RAVEN's also finally met his own soulmate after a heartbreaking set-down when Legion mated with Ayana, the woman he thought he might have had a chance with. After meeting Leina, the great granddaughter of the Dr. who helped engi
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Leina is a scientist who's come to Khepri to help the Xian warriors find an antidote to the psychic drug that the enemy has created. She's a rank five psychic, but cannot tolerate other minds touching hers due to years of abuse by her mentor. When Raven, a Xian warrior, meets Liena he is mesmerized by her and knows she's the one. Liena eventually lets Raven in and he helps her to heal her mind. In addition, Liena discovers her hidden powers and is the key to unlocking them in others of her Asian ...more
Lucy Saturn
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suz
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, scifi

I enjoyed the story well enough but I flipped through a lot of sex, more than usual for this author. Admittedly it's possible that I just wasn't in the mood for it in my story as this is the third or fourth erotic romance in a row, which is a serious stretch of my tolerance level for that sort of thing.

That said, Abel makes interesting worlds and engaging stories. I am hoping her next book in this series will be Bane as that will provide so much opportunity to learn more about the "enemy" and
Vixen
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Better

The 1st book annoyed me about how the males would use the women sexually with no commitment & that the women would allow it made it worse. But it seems a lesson was learned & fraternization has more rules. Anyhow the story was good, further the plot & extremely curious about the hybrids!! Can’t wait for their stories. Liked the main characters especially the female that wouldn’t let her tormentor, now dead, keep her a victim. Badass woman! So yes enjoyed it.
Carol
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soul melding

Liena and Raven story has been one I eagerly awaited and was not disappointed by at all.
The characters and their flaws and strengths were well written and drew me in from the start. Loved how “human” they were. With mistakes and not being perfect, but perfect for each other.
Awesome final scenes. Can not wait for Banes and I hope his brothers stories. How about a spin off of the hybrids?
Lisa Hills
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It keeps getting better!

Raven and Liena's story is as ever sweet and touching. Obvious insta love from our hero and slightly jaded on heroines part. But as ever the danger, action and thriller is all there in this story. Interaction between both lead characters is lovely with great insight into side characters, and the storyline develops even more. Yeah Doom made a show, and Bane is an ever interesting character, cant wait to read his story. Enjoyed this one.
K Lee
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was pretty good. I liked the world building. It is frustrating to me that the aliens all thing things in relation to human worlds., Turns of phrases, foods....
And the heroine worries she won't find the food she likes as an Asian person and she does and so much description is given to the human food available.

I mean, it's an alien planet and I don't think we get to hear anything about animals or food or things from other plants including the one they are on.

• Kiran: An Alien Warrior Romance (Ka'atari Warriors, #1)
  • Trauhn (Rakui Warriors #1)
  • Andar (Sky Warriors #1)
  • Randar (Intergalactic Soulmates, #1)
  • Rekker: Warlord Brides (Vaznik Warriors, #1)
  • Garrant (Intergalactic Soulmates, #3)
  • Savage Desire (The Infinite City #4)
  • Caged with the Alien (An Alien Breeder Romance)
  • Daughter of the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #3)
  • Arobi's Queen (The Mate Index #7)
  • Kyre: Warlord Brides (Vaznik Warriors, #2)
  • Kyris (Captured by Aliens # 4)
  • Abducted by the Warrior Prince (Lunarian Warriors, #1)
  • Cedroc: Warlord Brides (Vaznik Warriors, #3)
  • Alien Creep (Alien Abductors, #1)
  • To Tame a Dragon (Venys Needs Men)
  • Alien Savage's Stolen Bride (Draconian Warriors, #7)
  • Rescued by the Warrior Lord (Lunarian Warriors, #2)
Regine Abel is a fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi junky. Anything with a bit of magic, a touch of the unusual and definitely a lot of romance, will have her jumping for joy. Hot alien warriors meeting no-nonsense, kick-ass heroine give her warm fuzzies. Through her Veredian Chronicles series, Regine will take you to an exciting alien world full of mystery, action, passion and new beginnings. Follow ...more

Xian Warriors (6 books)
  • Doom (Xian Warriors #1)
  • Legion (Xian Warriors, #2)
  • Bane (Xian Warriors #4)
  • Chaos (Xian Warriors #5)
  • Varnog (Xian Warriors, #6)

News & Interviews

“You have no idea what you’ve just brought upon yourself,” I said, giving her a look of mock sympathy. “It will be my pleasure,” Father said, bowing his head slightly. Stran semi-rudely pushed my father out of the way to park himself in front of my woman. His dark scales shone under the overhead lights while he lifted his flat, lizard face towards Liena. She grinned, reaching to scratch the leathery skin beneath his chin. He purred, the sound closer to a growl, his widening pupils swallowing the dark blue of his large eyes. The long, scaly tail of the Crekel—underneath which vicious spikes protruded—wagged left and right with a slight scraping sound. “Hello, beautiful,” Liena said. “His name is Stran,” I said, happy that the Crekel had instinctively recognized Liena as my mate, just like he had with my mother when he first found and rescued her during the battle for Earth. “Hello, Stran,” she repeated, caressing the sharp horns on top of his head, careful not to cut herself. Stran licked her hand with his long, lizard tongue. Turning into a ball again, the Crekel rolled around Liena and me, the same way he had with my parents. Although he couldn’t speak, the intelligent creature had thus given us his blessing and acknowledged us as mates. Thanks to his thick scales, this form all but made him invincible to almost any type of damage and even allowed him to break through walls when he launched himself on them at high speed. With a final nod towards us, Father rejoined Legion and the other Warriors who patiently waited their turn to greet him. Stran, his” 0 likes