Start by marking “Bryant & May – England’s Finest (Bryant & May, #16.5)” as Want to Read:
Bryant & May – England’s Finest (Bryant & May, #16.5)

Bryant & May – England’s Finest

(Bryant & May: Peculiar Crimes Unit #16.5)

Twelve more missing cases from the archive of the Peculiar Crimes Unit. And they nearly were missing too, as unit chief Raymond Land explains in his foreword, 'because Arthur Bryant left the files on the floor where the Two Daves had decided to stand their mini-cement mixer, and it was only my quick thinking that saved the day...'.

The cases here include the festive gem 'Bryant &day...'.

The

Published October 31st 2019 by Transworld Digital

To ask other readers questions about Bryant & May – England’s Finest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bryant & May – England’s Finest

Start your review of Bryant & May – England’s Finest (Bryant & May, #16.5)
Julia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being a long-time Christopher Fowler fan, and following my spot on the tour for Bryant & May - Hall of Mirrors, I was thrilled to be able to join the tour for England's Finest.

First of all, look at the stunning cover! It's got beautiful colours, it's got snow, it's Christmassy, there's the Underground, it's got Bryant mucking about!

I love Christopher Fowler’s writing style: it’s intelligent and pacy, with plenty of witty asides, nuggets of trivia and lots of Arthur’s
Shalini
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a simple reviewer who reads a book, enjoys those hours of reading, then I promptly forget about the book. So I can't compare this book and say it was as good as.... Huhh what was I saying? 😂😂

The short end of my story was this book was brilliant. I loved Detective Bryant. He caused a zing in my heart. I was quite intrigued by the idea of his trifocals. He was quirky, he was annoying, a sexist, politically incorrect. Yet he had the X factor which attracted me toward the book and k
Julie
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book of “Lost Cases from the Peculiar Crimes Unit” - short stories that deal with the strange crimes investigated by the unique group of Police officers and support staff that work independently of the ordinary police. Such a force works with eccentric methods on cases that no one else understands, let alone can solve. There is a Chief, known as Land, who has little understanding of what is actually going on. Arthur Bryant is the Detective Chief Inspector whose eccentricities, ideas an ...more
J Fearnley
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-4.5*

I have to say that I think this – England’s Finest – is an excellent place to start. A collection of short stories, lost cases put aside or lost for a while but now collected together for the pleasure of not only Bryant and May fans but for those of us who are new to this author.

Bryant is old school, old fashioned and not very ‘politically correct’ but fascinating in the way in which his mind works, not necessarily good with people but caring and determined to seek
Rachael Stray
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although part of a series this was my first encounter with the detectives Bryant and May and the Peculiar Crimes Unit. The book is a collection of cases which the PCU have investigated over the years. I liked that we saw cases not just in London (hello Transylvania) and from different times in history too. I liked the little mysteries of the weird and wacky cases that actually turned out to be not so mysterious afterall. There’s a lot of humour within the book. I found the foreword really helpfu ...more
Nov 06, 2019
Nov 05, 2019
Adam Siviter
Nov 06, 2019
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name

Christopher Fowler is an English novelist living in London, his books contain elements of black comedy, anxiety and social satire. As well as novels, he writes short stories, scripts, press articles and reviews.

He lives in King's Cross, on the Battlebridge Basin, and chooses London as the ba

Bryant & May: Peculiar Crimes Unit (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Full Dark House (Bryant & May, #1)
  • The Water Room (Bryant & May #2)
  • Seventy-Seven Clocks (Bryant & May #3)
  • Ten Second Staircase (Bryant & May #4)
  • White Corridor (Bryant & May #5)
  • Bryant & May Investigate the Victoria Vanishes (Bryant & May #6)
  • On the Loose (Bryant & May #7)
  • Off the Rails (Bryant & May, #8)
  • Bryant & May and the Memory of Blood (Bryant & May #9)
  • The Invisible Code (Bryant & May #10)