Start by marking “Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)

Falling for the Beast

(A Modern Fairy Tale Duet)

He can never turn back into a prince...

A troubling revelation puts Blake's newfound career in jeopardy--and even worse, puts Erin's impending graduation at risk. He can't risk her future no matter how much he wants her.

She will never have a happily ever after...

Published April 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for the Beast

Start your review of Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Audiobook review. After listening to book one, I was expecting this book to provide more insight into who the main characters are at the core. Unfortunately, I don’t feel that was achieved. There were a lot of hot moments, and while I appreciate intimacy as much as the next girl, it seemed to be the primary focus of the relationship.

I didn’t find that the plot offered something I haven’t heard before and the reveals didn’t really change the overall tone of the story. The writing itself was soli
Antonella
I expected more.....plot...
I don't mind but I just couldn't get into it I don't care about any of it.
But if you are into some smutty read...have at it...
Sissy's Romance Book Review
FALLING FOR THE BEAST by Skye Warren is book Two in : A Modern Fairy Tale Duet Series. This continues the story of Blake Morris and Erin Rodriquez, so you should read the previous book 'Beauty and the Professor'.
Blake goal is to keep Erin safe even at his own expense. Erin is torn with what has happened with her and Blake, but knows she must support her mother in addition to working toward her Master's Degree. Each have their own personal doubts if they are good enough for the other but neither
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
It was the perfect conclusion to the first part of this incredible duet! Skye Warren not only led Blake and Erin to a happy ending, but she also added new obstacles to their path, what boosted the plot. Falling for the Beast only confirmed my belief that this duet is the best-written re-telling of the world-famous fairytale, what under Warren’s pen has gained spice and leaves the reader completely breathless.

New reality left Erin and Blake’s relantionship in question. When her graduation and his
Fiona Fog
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full circle

The follow up to Erin and Blake’s story was phenomenal. I loved this scarred and broken man. That Erin saw beyond the image and saw the man beneath.

With college nearly over it’s been a struggle for them to stay apart. But Blake’s reputation in the line (not that he gives a shit) he’ll do it for her.

Erin doesn’t care, it’s all him that she needs. These two and the connection they have is beautiful, strong and emotional. She calms the beast in him.

With one more hurdle to go I was su
✦agustina✦
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, age-gap
I liked the first one a lot more but this was a nice addition to their story, strongly recomend!
Alexandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books* on 30/4

The final story on this duet finds Erin and Blake trying to overcome their obstacles both on a personal and professional level. Also, there was a revelation I didn't see coming and the final scenes showed that truly there are people who can be despicable even to their own children. The ending was a happy one with both Erin and Blake finding each other and loving themselves for t
Babel
A deliciously sensual and emotional romance. And a fitting, unmissable conclusion to the duet. I am falling too for this beast of a man whose strength and honour soar to protect, cherish, worship and claim the only woman he's loved.

A really beautiful story. Erin and Blake may be opposites in social status, age and upbringing, but they connect like perfect notes on a music scale. They have to fight ugly inner demons such as the vast differences of their origins and experiences, secrets surroundi
Avidez Literaria
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Maybe that was what love was really about. Feeling fear but knowing it would be all right."

Getting out of the safety of your castle can be far more dangerous than it seems. Especially when you have to face the wounds of the past.

Blake Morris, despite his scars does not hide anymore: his career as a teacher is solidifying every day. And to don't jeopardize his and Erin's future careers, he decides they must stay away. At least until the end of the classes until Erin graduates. A mission almost i
April Symes
"FALLING FOR THE BEAST " by Skye Warren is book 2 in Modern Fairy Tale Duet series. This book continues the story of Blake Morris and Erin Rodriquez; it's recommended you read the previous book 'Beauty and the Professor' before reading book 2 so you can fully appreciate and understand what's going on in book 2 .
We pick up where book 1 left off and the repercussions are grave. Blake is left feeling horrible about what he did but felt he had no choice, especially since he felt he had nothing to of
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Breaking up is always hard to do!

Melinda! She is a vicious, manipulative human being! Now Blake is forced to protect Erin and so they break up!

For Erin, this is quite a blow to her. She had been so close to her full happiness with Blake. Now she must just dedicate herself to achieve her initial goal of graduating with her Master's degree. After all, her mother desperately needs for Erin to move on and gain a job that will relieve them of the poverty they live in. Love does not pay the bills and
Melena Torretta
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, arcs

The second book in the Modern Fairy Tale Duet picks up right after the ending of the first.

Blake and Erin are working through the mine field of his being the professor for the last class she needs to graduate.

While there is quite a bit of emotional growth both individually and as a couple, this book felt like a retread of the first one. Also, it felt like too many things happened coincidentally to Erin that her mother experienced and some of their conflicts were solved too easily while
Monica
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
We left Blake breaking up with Erin, a tragic turn towards the conclusion of the Modern Fairy Tale duet.

Blake feels too old, tortured, damaged with no hope, afraid Erin won’t come back to him. Erin feels not worthy ...

A bit of the same that happened before. But their connection is strong despite outside interference.

They still manage to break through their insecurities. Even knowing the worst and best kind of beasts.

Emotional, angsty, a little rushed for my liking but with a satisfying endin
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Book 2 - You must read Beauty and the Professor first..

Perfect ending to this duet!!! Blake and Erin are what's great about romance. I binged this one in a 2am session. After the ending of the first book I had to know what was going to happen!!

You get some angst. You get some feels. You get beautiful dialogue and imagery and you get LOADS of HEAT - kindle exploding kind of heat. Plus you get a HEA that made my reader heart happy...

I received an arc of this book
Tanya Tate
So I read the first four parts a while back but never got a chance to read the epilogue . So I was going to start reading the epilogue ( since it's short) but it's been minute since I read the whole series. So I see that Skye revised the series and put all five parts in two books. So I guess I reread( well I got the audiobook so I listen) the series. It was one of my fave BATB retellings anyway so it's going to be fun to revisit and refresh.
Paula D
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second half to Erin and Blake’s story. This part is more emotional and even sexier! Erin & Blake are torn. Can Blake tare down his walls and show Erin his real self or keep it hidden. Erin just wants to be happy but someone is out to destroy it all. I loved this two book series and wish it didn’t end. Perfect twist to Beauty and the Beast! Oh and Blake will make you swoon hard! 5/5 stars ...more
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
FALLING FOR THE BEAST by Skye Warren is the second book in The Modern Fairy Tale Duet Series. This continues the story of Blake Morris and Erin Rodriquez

This was a great ending to this duet. As Erin and Blake have issues to overcome in their personal/ professional lives the plot gets darker/ hotter/ sexier.
I really enjoyed this duet and the modern twist on a loved classic fairy-tale
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 FANTASTIC ENDING STARS!! Wow, what a fantastic ending to this duet. Blake and Erin story has all the feels and I could not get enough of these two. Blake is beautiful inside and out just like Erin, these two are perfect. I highly recommend this duet, you must read book 1 first.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Oh, sweet torture. My heart was bashed and hammered with these two but in the most delightful way. I HAD to know what happened to Blake and Erin after Book#1, I was in such a spin afterwards .... and Skye didn't disappoint. Full of feels and heart and heat, this was a delicious conclusion to their story. I was left with such a smile on my face. ABSOLUTELY LOVED the ride, and one not to be missed for lovers of this genre.
4.5 Stars

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so
Carissa
I have to say I liked book 1 more than this one. This is continuing Blake and Erin's story and in terms of the pace of the story this one fell flat for me that it was just ok. Narrators were great.

#AudiobookObsessionReviewer
Amanda
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to this after the first book but it didn't pack the same punch. It was just ok, I actually found myself rolling my eyes at the characters a lot more in this one.

The narration is as fantastic as the first book.
Madeleine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by the talented Skye. An adult themed fairytale that’s dark, hot, wonderful storyline and a hea. Lia and Stephen did an amazing job narrating.

#AudiobookObsessionReviewer
Lauren Luman
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

Not as good as the first part with all the distance they put between each other, but did they really... He was also a lot kinker in this part.
Nicky
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The love between Blake and Erin is unshakeable and beautiful. I hated to see this duet end. Beautifully written!
Caffeinated Fae
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
**I Received this book in exchange for an honest review**

Falling for the Beast is the second novella in the “A Modern Fairy Tale Duet.” I rated the first book, Beauty and the Professor, 3 1/2 Caffeinated Stars, and though there were some faults, I was excited to continue on in the series. I love Skye Warren as an author & I’m a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast, so I really thought this duet would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, I really did struggle with this series.

Going into part two, I was
Heather C
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Falling for the Beast is the second and final installment in A Modern Fairy Tale Duet and cannot be read as a standalone. If you haven't not read Beauty and the Professor then stop and read that first. This story picks up not long after the end of the previous book and we are all rooting for Blake and Erin. However, there are obstacles that they both have to face in order to find each other again.

I've enjoyed this spin on Beauty and the Beast and Falling for the Beast gives us that villain that
PP's Bookshelf
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Falling for the Beast is sensational and erotic. It is intense and captivating . It is full of nerve wrecking and heartbreaking emotions.. It is another perfect Skye Warren creation.

Seriously I am searching for new words to review stories by Skye Warren. I feel like she is reaching new heights of writing in each book. We left Blake and Erin with a tragic turn in the first book. And it won't get easier in the second book. Blake still feels he is too old, too tainted and too damaging for Erin. An
2OCC Reviews
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
Falling for the Beast I found the characters really grew and their relationship really developed more within this story. It became apparent how strong these characters are together and how better they were together than apart. I enjoyed the way that the story focused on both the characters as individuals and as a couple. I really felt the emotions that both characters were expierancign in this story because of the amazing writing of this author. The way the author writes these characters and the ...more
Heather Miller
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

A dark legacy threatens everything they've worked to build. When old debt comes between them, both Blake and Erin must fight to protect each other--and their love.

Since their forbidden beginning, Erin and Blake's relationship has been marked by deep sensuality and intense emotion. The couple is tested at every turn. Th
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Single Touch (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • Obsessed (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Fourth a Lie (Goddess Isles, #4)
  • Fifth a Fury (Goddess Isles, #5)
  • Sweet (Chicago Underground, #7)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • The Skull Ruler (Skull #3)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Beautiful Ever After (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #2)
  • Sully's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.1)
  • A Single Kiss (Irresistible Attraction, #2)
  • Jinx's Fantasy (Goddess Isles, #5.2)
  • Eighty-One Nights (Beautiful Illusions Duet, #1)
  • SOLD: Highest Bidder
  • Tempted to Kiss (Hard to Love #3)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • Queen of the Underworld (Tales of Olympus, #3)

A Modern Fairy Tale Duet (2 books)
  • Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)