Start by marking “The Write Escape” as Want to Read:
The Write Escape

The Write Escape

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  31 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Take one heartbroken Chicago girl

Literary editor Antonia Harper had it all—the career, the man, the future. That was then. Now Antonia is jobless, alone and at a crossroads. What better time to travel the world? A solo honeymoon on the Emerald Isle will be like hitting the reset button. No distractions, no drama.

Add some luck o’ the Irish

Aiden Byrnes may be a literature pr
ebook
Expected publication: September 30th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Write Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Write Escape

really liked it 4.00  ·

Toya
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that was exactly what you needed in a certain moment? That’s exactly how I felt about reading The Write Escape.

Antonia is in the midst of planning her dream wedding (with a frustrating mother in law) to her fiancé Derek while dealing with the high stress of her publishing job, which is in serious threat of going under. Four days before her wedding, Antonia’s mother makes it known that she doesn’t approve of this union since she doesn’t quite trust Derek, and she didn’t
Jazmen
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I need to read more mature romances. I hate to classify it as such but the truth is the truth, let it settle where it may.

Antonia and Aiden are the type of couple that I aspire to be with my loved one, one day—making mistakes, figuring things out messily, but coming together at the end.

Antonia is engaged to be married, and she’s kind of unhappy; she just doesn’t know it. She works for a publisher while daydreaming of being a writer. A broken engagement, a broken heart, and a pre-planned honeym
romancejunkie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Antonia discovers that her fiancee has been cheating on her for months just days before their wedding, so she decides that enough was enough and she woudn't put up with the way he treated her anymore and decides to still go to the planned honeymoon alone. There she meets Aiden and the two are drawn to each other and start a romance. All is good until Aiden father reappears and the fears he had of being abandoned again by someone he cares about makes him move away from her and the relationship t ...more
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally had time to finish this great book and it was exactly what I needed.

I loved the scenery of the great landscape, Charish Reid definitely nailed it with the picturesque description and lovely quirky characters in the small town in Ireland where an Irish man isn't just making Antonia going crazy. ✨

Loved the academic part of the book as well as the background about writing and publishing. It gave the book different layers and believable issues to overcome for the MCs.

Right at the end the rea
Natalie
My rating is more 3.5

I liked this debut and am looking forward to the next book. I always enjoy the whole MC going off to a different place to get away from it all. Especially when they come into their own and we see them learning somethings about themselves.

It also doesnt hurt to have a cute Irish dude next door while doing so. I have to say my fave scene was when Antonia is greeted by the door by a shirtless Aiden. Classic. Also anger cake loool.

Now there were some things I was a bit iffy on.
Really Into This
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

Special thanks to Charish Reid & Harlequin for providing our copy in exchange for an honest & fair review.

If you're looking for a romantic tale that centers around a strong, hard-working female protagonist, look no further. The Write Escape by Charish Reid is a wonderful story about love, perseverance & following one's heart. Also, love the fact that it
Cortney
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A charming little romance about how everything goes wrong until it finally goes right. Antonia and Aiden are two souls dealing with serious baggage.

The novel does a good job of showcasing the vulnerabilities of people just coming out of toxic relationships. The constant questioning of whether or not it’s healthy to start a new relationship if you’re still trying to process the previous one.

I found myself smiling while reading their meet cute. I’m a sucker for the serendipitous meeting and their
Timitra
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanceopoly
The Write Escape is a journey of self discovery, healing and love. The main characters Antonia and Aiden are each carrying emotional baggage and aren't looking but still find each other. I enjoyed their journey. It was cute, sweet and sensual. I'm looking forward to reading more of this author's work.

Copy provided by publisher through Net Galley
b.andherbooks
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
**I received a free copy in exchange for a fair review**

Literary editor catches her fiancee cheating just days from their wedding and decides to take the Ireland honeymoon she booked as a writing retreat, a chance to finally give herself the time and space to explore her passion project. The cottage she ends up staying in on the wild sea coast puts her in close proximity with a sexy Irish professor who is also striving to complete his work while struggling with his personal issues. Two lonely so
Emmalita
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twitter has been talking about Charish Reid’s forthcoming debut novel, The Write Escape. I was happy to receive it as an arc from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Antonia is about to get married, she has a good job in publishing and she is kind of working on her novel. The problem is, her mother doesn’t like her fiance, she doesn’t like her soon to be in laws, and now their are rumors of trouble at her publishing house. In a few short hours, she loses her fiance and her job.

Dr. Aiden B
Morgan
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Once again, I find myself reading a romance novel (what has happened to me?? Who am I?? Did grad school do this to me?) but it’s still NOT WHAT I WANT

Here for the Irish guy in the countryside, here for an interracial romance, not here for the poor writing (I’m sorry, I really do hate being so critical!)

Why, oh why, can’t my poor aggrieved grad school brain get itself a romance novel that shuts it off without being overly critical whilst reading? When, oh when, will my brain be appeased with a we
Nadine
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Antonia is an editor and romance writer who escapes Chicago to find herself in the West of Ireland while also writing her 1st book. Aiden is a literature professor who lives in the West of Ireland and struggles with his identity, longing for his own family.

Both end up at a chance meeting in "the middle of nowhere", and find themselves drawn to each other's wit, beauty, and common literary interests.

This is a low angst 1st ever romance of Charish Reid who beautifully describes the Irish West in
Anitajt
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

Every now and again a story comes along that hits the spot. A pleasant and entertaining read about two people who come together and then have to work through various issues and conflicts to ensure they are doing the right thing.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Essie M
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This debut!!!! I want an Aiden of my very own. Honestly all I can say is get this book and keep an eye out for future books from this author because she's one to watch. This interracial romance is so well done and there isn't an over emphasis because they're of different races. I'll probably come back later with better words, sentences etc to describe how much I enjoyed this book!

Get it!!
Rachel
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful feel good romance story about second chances and starting over. Learning to trust your instincts when it comes to matters of the heart and realising that you are good enough and you do deserve your very own HEA.
Bin Blogs Books
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this international, interracial love story. The theme of having the confidence to live your best life was inspirational and the story itself romantic.

Thank you to NetGalley for a copy in exchange for my honest review
Sharonda Isadora
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
*Full review to be posted closer to release date of 9/30/19

The Write Escape is a charming story of what folks go through after leaving bad relationships and attempting to find their footing in a new one. I liked the story for the most part but feel like the story arc dragged a bit.
Nicole Pinto
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
So, try as I might to get into this, because who doesn’t love a book based in Ireland, it just didn’t grab me. Thank you to netgalley for the Arc.
Judy
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, romantic
Cute story. The writing was engaging and the plot was fun. Was perfect to read on a busy weekend. I'm excited to see what the author does next.
Kimberly
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is coming soon but please know I am throughly in love with this book. All the feels everything just ahhhh 😆😆😆
Harlequin Books