Start by marking “Love and the Laws of Motion (The Romano Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love and the Laws of Motion (The Romano Sisters, #2)

Love and the Laws of Motion

(The Romano Sisters)

Together they’ll unravel the secrets of the universe

Astrophysicist Olivia Romano has always preferred to stay close to her family in Brooklyn—even at the expense of her academic career. But with her advisor missing in action and an unscrupulous professor undermining her work, she’s forced to rely on the reformed-hacker-turned-elite-computer-genius whose sexy smile she ca
ebook
Published September 9th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Love and the Laws of Motion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and the Laws of Motion

Aug 18, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

DNF @ 16%

Content notes up to 16%:
(view spoiler)
Skye Kilaen
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as no-thank-you
No thank you due to concerns expressed in this review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 3.5 stars
Content warnings: past loss of parent, stroke, cheating, all about that thin waist, bullying, misogyny

Reformed hacker and astrophysicist pair up to make discoveries in space? YES PLEASE. I love nerdy, smart heroes and heroines, so having the two of them in one book had me raring to go as soon as I read the blurb. Never mind that I knew, going in, that some of the computer-related stuff might be a bit off. I willingly ignored inaccuracies for the chance to read glorious geekery.

L
Jolanda Gelissen
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Livie is the middle Romano sister and actually quite relatable to me. She’s a bit of a geek – well, a lot – focused on her academic achievements, and delightfully socially awkward. She is steadily working toward her PhD with her mentor and idol, comfortably living at home and not interacting much with people outside of her family. When she and her dissertation advisor receive a prestigious grant, she sets out to obtain the services of a reportedly brilliant computer programmer. One little issue: ...more
Gwen
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from Netgalley and I am happy to give my honest review.

This is a new to me author and I requested this book because of the gorgeous cover and blurb. It took me a while to get into the book and the first third was fairly slow going. Once I was invested, I couldn't put the book down.

Livie is a graduate student under a brilliant researcher. They are awarded a substantial research grant but before they can begin her mentor suffers a stroke. Livie meets Nick serendipitously and sig
Tithi
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly a huge thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for this wonderful book. I read the first book in this series and quickly became a fan of Amanda Weaver's writing. There's no other way to express how much I loved this book than to say that I could not put it down once I started reading it. The mystry behind the hero's elusive status or the dorkiness of the heroine simply made me smile. I loved the hacker twist that is made in the plot. And absolute loved the evident chemistry between the pr ...more
Kate (kate_reads_)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love and the Laws of Motion is the second book in the Romano Sisters series. The first book - The One I Love to Hate - is one of my favorite books of 2019 so I had to drop everything to read this as soon as I got it!

Livie is working on her PhD in astrophysics and hasn’t put any effort into her social life or dating. When she meets Nick - a computer genius who can help develop the coding she needs for her research - the sparks are there from the start.

I really enjoyed this book - I love a heroine
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Disappointed in this novel. I love geeky romances but this read like a YA. Lizzie needs a computer guy to help her create a computer program for her disertation and she finds Nick, cocky computer hacker who works only jobs he finds interesting. Wow! He introduced Lizzie to his fiance and treats her like a naive little girl while she crushes on him lamenting her lack of game. So frustrating to read. Immature and both char
Dana
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pretty skeptical when I first started this book. I cringe at the "very smart and very attractive" main character trope, but Livie was great! She wasn't the most naive and over-the-top clumsy nerd. She actually was a good character with a great family! Nick was a fun character to play the love interest. This was a fun read and I'd read more by the author!
Steph
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Weaver delivers another amazing contemporary romance in The Romano Sisters series with Love and the Laws of Motion! Many thanks to NetGalley, Carina Press and Amanda Weaver for the advance review copy.

Full review closer to the September release. :)
Harlequin Books
Categories
Carina Press Romance Promise, Contemporary Romance, Romance

Miniseries
The Romano Sisters (Book #2)
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Livie and Nick’s story is such a cool one. It’s like a match made in geek heaven.

Olivia Romano, the middle sister, a PhD student in astronomy, researching the phenomena occurring right when a black hole is created, is working alongside a brilliant mind. Her doctorate professor is what drew her to choose the college she is now at. Generally, not the best out there for her.

Nick DeSantis is a freelance hacker, estranged from his family, and apparently – gorgeous looking. He’s joining Livie and
Zainab Sandhu
 Lori (Ficwishes)
Aug 26, 2019
Regina
Aug 27, 2019
Amanda has loved romance since she read that very first Kathleen E. Woodiwiss novel at fifteen. After a long detour into a career as a costume designer in theatre, she’s found her way back to romance, this time as a writer.

A native Floridian, Amanda transplanted to New York City many years ago and now considers Brooklyn home, along with her husband, daughter, two cats, and nowhere near enough spa

The Romano Sisters (2 books)
  • The One I Love to Hate (The Romano Sisters, #1)