Start by marking “Beaconfield” as Want to Read:
Beaconfield

Beaconfield

Old towns have old secrets

After living in the shadow of her parents for as long as she can remember, it’s time for Marigold Wilder to make her own choices.

When her grandfather passes away, Mari is adamant about attending his funeral even with her parents dead set against it. She packs a bag and heads for Beaconfield, but the old maritime town isn’t the summer home she reme
Published October 22nd 2019 by Mast Pine Press

To ask other readers questions about Beaconfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beaconfield

Start your review of Beaconfield
Bethany Atazadeh
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for mystery, hauntings, and a dash of sweet romance in the midst of panic, you have to read this book. I couldn’t put it down!
Mandi Lynn
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A debut novel with the perfect amount of suspense and mystery that will leave you guessing until the last moment.
Stephanie Mirro
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh man, I haven't read a ghost story in way too long, and this book was the perfect reintroduction! Bri R. Leclerc's debut novel will keep me jumping and looking at every shadow for weeks to come. The haunted setting, lovable characters, and spooky plot is PERFECT for this time of year.

I'm really looking forward to whatever Ms. Leclerc writes next!
Rachael
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Creative, intriguing story. My heart sped up at times and broke at others. Bri did a wonderful job of describing emotions. I'd love to read more by her.

My only critique would be that at the beginning a lot of the sentences back to back started with "I" and the repetition took me out of the story momentarily.
Mikayla
This debut novel is spooky and action packed! It was fun to watch Mari learn about herself and her roots in the midst of such chaos. And, of course, there's a healthy dose of romance to balance it all out.
Emma
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend

This was the first book I have read for pleasure in a long time and I am so glad this is what I chose. Perfect combination of suspense and action sprinkled with endearing moments of teenage romance. Can’t wait to read more from this author!
E.C. Woodham
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book literally gave me chills at several points. I've never read a paranormal fiction book before, but this may have converted me! I loved the story, and I was on the edge of my seat while I read it. It's definitely a page-turner. Mari was a relatable character, and I loved her storyline! Such a good book!
Dorothy Taylor
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a good, scary read, try this one. Yeah, it is written for young adults but there is something reallllllllly scary about the descriptions and the non-stop action. I'm not really a horror fan, but this one kept me up reading late and then gave me nightmares. First time author, so look out!
Bri R. Leclerc
Oct 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I hope you love this book as much as I loved to write it!
Kristina
Cameron Applegate
is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: No page count on kindle edition 2 13 Dec 03, 2019 01:47PM

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Crimson Chaos (The Warriors #1)
  • Full Disclosure
  • Unfriended
  • A Stolen Life
  • A Thousand Years to Wait (The Tarrowburn Prophecies, #1)
  • The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • The Inner Tradition of Yoga: A Guide to Yoga Philosophy for the Contemporary Practitioner
  • Why Fonts Matter
  • Wild Embers: Poems of Rebellion, Fire and Beauty
  • Twisted Desire (Twisted, #3)
  • Guts
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Suggested Reading
  • Dark Radiance
  • Fury of the Gods (Immortal Relics #2)
  • Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1  2
Bri R. Leclerc is the author of the young adult novel Beaconfield. She graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a degree in Marketing and Entrepreneurial Studies with a Minor in English. She currently lives in Boston, Massachusetts but grew up in Southern Maine and spends most weekends there with her family. She works full-time in software marketing and writes in her spare time. She doe ...more