Start by marking “Willow of Ashes (NecroSeam, #1)” as Want to Read:
Willow of Ashes (NecroSeam, #1)

Willow of Ashes

(NecroSeam Chronicles #1)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B07BN9XMQQ

*An ancient prophecy looms in the shadows of Grim. Twin Reapers have been chosen to protect the world's future. Yet their souls now share one body. Have the Gods made a mistake?*

Just as a necromancer named Xavier began his Reaper Knight training, he was flung off a cliff by an assassin sent to kill the Princess of Death. Xavier van
Kindle Edition, Second Edition
Published by ScyntheFy Press (first published November 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Willow of Ashes, please sign up.
Ellie Raine It features detailed world-building, complex magic systems that have consistent rules in this world, has very involved cultures for the different real…moreIt features detailed world-building, complex magic systems that have consistent rules in this world, has very involved cultures for the different realms including written languages/songs/prayers, gives particular details on how the Reapers handle their duties when reaping souls, has logistics involved with guiding those souls to their afterlife down in Grim's caverns, and gives detailed methods and tactics within this world's structured rules when fighting against the demons that form if a soul isn't reaped... in short, it gives details and reasons behind why/how certain things are done the way they are for the world these characters live in.(less)
Lag I would place it at 14-years and up. There's no sex, but some gory scenes.…moreI would place it at 14-years and up. There's no sex, but some gory scenes.(less)

Start your review of Willow of Ashes (NecroSeam, #1)
Vincent Thorn
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story considerably! Raine's characters were engaging, and her world inviting. The intrigue over the course of the story kept its hooks in me from start to finish, and I am looking forward to continuing the series. The magic of the setting is straightforward and easy to follow, but is kept fresh with a strong execution in the high-octane action. The setting is unapologetically fantastical, which makes the humanizing moments (positive and negative) all the more familiar.

I would reco
April
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is such a fun and unique book. I’ve never read anything quite like it. It has it shapeshifters, necromancy, friendship, and adventure. I can’t wait to continue with the series!
Y.I. Washington
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent 2nd Edition

I've never experienced epic fantasy based on the idea of the Grim Reaper before. Until this series I honestly wasn't interested in the concept. Ellie Raine has changed that for me.

I think by now I've read this first novel about three times. This 2nd Edition improved on an already intriguing and entertaining story.

I am continually impressed by Ms. Raine's creativity, world building, plotting and characterizations. The amalgam of cultures, the pacing and moments of hilarity we
D.M. Dore
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It takes a lot of imagination and creativity to create an entire world, not just in characters but in language and new creatures as well. Ellie Raine does an amazing job of pulling readers into a word of magic, where twin sorcerers must work together while chaos and enemies constantly get in their way. Because the world is entirely new to the reader, there were a few moments of confusion, but it never took away from story itself. I became invested in the characters, wanted to see them succeed, a ...more
William Ritch
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a very good fantasy book - with an unusual world. Good writing and good characters.

One of the most surprising things is that it has the style of medieval fantasy - but the world's technology is similar to our own - with some different names for the alternative origin of the devices.

The segmentation of the people into animal clans (all the magic people seem to be shape-shifters) did not seem necessary in this volume. I expect the author to tie this closer into the magic system that she ha
Kaye Lynne Booth
Ellie Raine has skillfully created a fresh and original fantasy universe, with a diverse array of captivating and unique characters. It is easy to see why this was an award winning novel, as the characters draw you in and each individual storyline comes together to form the intricate weaving of the bigger story, as a whole.

You can read my full review here: https://kayelynnebooth.wordpress.com/...
India
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline

I gave it a 3 because it had a great concept. I loved the storyline and how it explain the different areas and Reapers and dream Chasers. All of that was great it was so creative. But the slow parts were very slow, I almost wanted to skip some pages to get to the action because the non action Parts dragged on for so long. If you can ignore the long scenes from point A to point B it's a great story to read.
Karen
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting read. I won this book here on Goodreads, and appreciate these contests immensely as I find alot of new authors to read. I am not good at reviews and apologize in advance I really am one of those that say I liked it read it. There was great world building and imagination.

Thanks again
Silverbirch
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, indie
Cs Jones
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An amazing introduction to a rich and unique new world.
the characters were well developed and interesting and I was drawn into the plot.
I can't wait to read more of this series and more from Ellie Raine in general.
Holly L'Heureux
This book was pretty good. There were some slow moments but I did enjoy learning about the Shifters and Grim cultures. I won this book on a Goodreads giveaway and I am glad I did. It was a good read.
June
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting tale of two brothers. A bit confusing at times.
Dennis Medbury
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. The characters are engaging, the world is incredibly unique and amazingly developed. Few books I've read can match the creativity presented in this novel. The characters develop and have a distinct personality. I highly recommend this fantasy story if you're looking for complete emerson into a totally new world that leaves behind the classic fantasy tropes, and gives you a new realm to delve into. The lore, history, customs and traditions are unlike any other story. The wri ...more
Jaime
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing world! However, I was very confused until about halfway through the book. With that said, I'm not used to multiple first person POV's, so that had a lot to do with it. I love all the characters. Very interesting fantasy! ...more
Corey
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this one down. I finished in two days and I'm on to the next! ...more
Sam
Nov 26, 2017
Mike O' Sullivan
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2019
Jul 05, 2020
Fellinara
Nov 29, 2019

• No Secret Too Small: A Novel of Old New Mexico
  • The Click of a Pebble: Where Historical Fiction and Fantasy Collide (Trilogy, The Children of Zeus)
  • A Ghost and His Gold
  • Shattering Dreams (The Being Of Dreams, #1)
  • Upright Women Wanted
  • Storm (Salt, #2)
  • Beginnings: five heroic fantasy adventure novels
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth, #1-3)
  • The Girl with the Louding Voice
  • Black Infinity: Discovery's End (Discovery Series Book 3)
  • Girls Can't Be Knights (Spirit Knights, Book 1)
  • Sword of Kings (The Saxon Stories, #12)
  • A Transcontinental Affair
  • Christmas Eve
  • Seven Days
  • A Wind from the Wilderness (Watchers of Outremer, #1)
  • The Land: Catacombs (Chaos Seeds, #4)
Award-winning author Ellie Raine is a die-hard lover of epic adventures and thrilling battles. Since it’s what she loves to read (Douglas Hulick, Rachel Aaron, and Brandon Sanderson especially!) obviously it’s what she loves to write.

She grew up in a family of book lovers, comic readers, and video gamers in the suburbs of Georgia where she always dreamed of making the next explosive game series th

NecroSeam Chronicles (5 books)
  • Orbs of Azure (NecroSeam, #2)
  • Pearl of Emerald: NecroSeam Chronicles | Book Three
  • Phoenix of Scarlet (NecroSeam, #4)
  • Blossom of Gold (NecroSeam, #5)