Start by marking “Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)” as Want to Read:
Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)

Reaper

(Demonica Underworld #9)

THE DEMONICA SERIES RETURNS...

He is the Keeper of Souls. Judge, jury, and executioner. He is death personified.

He is the Grim Reaper.

A fallen angel who commands the respect of both Heaven and Hell, Azagoth has presided over his own underworld realm for thousands of years. As the overlord of evil souls, he maintains balance crucial to the existence of life on Earth an
Published October 15th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Reaper, please sign up.
Malissa You could start with Azagoth, a novella, it is what really starts the story of Lilliana and Azagoth. But, really going all the way back to the beginni…moreYou could start with Azagoth, a novella, it is what really starts the story of Lilliana and Azagoth. But, really going all the way back to the beginning would give you the best experience.(less)

Start your review of Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
Sophia Triad
Screaming fangirl on the loose!!!!

Such a great great GREAT book. I am not sure from where to start!

First of all if you are a fan of this series, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS BOOK. Although it is mainly a story about Azagoth and his heavily pregnant wife Lilliana, you will soon realise that it is also a reunion of your favourite characters. Everybody is there.

And I have to say here that once more I have realised that if I needed to marry a paranormal guy, this should have been a tough decision be
Kat Valentine
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don't fear the reaper,fear the monster inside!

“I just want you to know that you’re my life,” he said. “Without you, I’m a monster.” “And what are you with me?” He gave her a rare, boyish grin, made even more playful by his mop of bedhead. “A happy monster.”

Holy shit!!!! Larissa went deep for this wrap up book from the demonica series!!! For the first time in along time I wanted to skip ahead to the end because I was so worried about how Azagoth's story would end. I have loved this character from
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
For love, he’ll watch the world burn.
For revenge, he’ll light the match.

Holy christ on a cracker, that was intense!!! Wowza!

Admittedly I'm not a fan of additional books for characters that have already received their HEA, no matter how much I loved them. But that rule of mine goes out the window when Larissa Ione writes one. See, her and I have an understanding. If she writes it, I read it. Period. No exceptions. So when I saw that Azagoth will be getting another book, I don'
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
44657734._SY475_-1.jpg

So the end is nigh or a least the closing curtain on this part of this fantastic saga, ready for future story-arcs to develop and my god this was amped right up to the maximum.
This was action-packed edge of your seat momentum all the way.
So this was multiples POV's Focusing on many individuals we have come to know and love throughout this roller-coaster of a series.
It's the ultimate pinnacle of all we have been working towards and been gradually building up to and things will definitely get wors
AJ
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 heart-stopping stars!

OMGOMGOMG!! What a fantastic read! Azagoth's story had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. And I'm sure my heart stopped a few times along the way. Wow, what an adventure! Full of action, excitement, romance, suspense, heartbreaking lows and dizzying highs, set within an incredible paranormal world. It was everything I was hoping it would be, and I freaking loved it!

This book is the culmination of the Demonica series so far – finishing off the story arc that w
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Holy cow! This was an incredible wrap up of the on-going plots in the Demonica world. As the head man in charge of Sheoul-Gra, Azagoth, aka the Grim Reaper, and his mate Lilliana ae up against an unknown enemy out to destroy them and their unborn child. There were so many feelings in this story that I don’t know where to begin. Anger, immense sadness, shock, disbelief are all present and accounted for in this page turner. Azagoth is a charming jerk in the best possible way, while Lilliana is fun ...more
Kate R.
Aug 22, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019-releases
I was elated to see that this author was finally coming out with a new full sized novel. However, when I saw the title, and read the synopsis I couldn’t help but be disappointed. I have been a fan of this series for a LONG time, but I feel it is stagnating. Larissa hasn’t come out with anything actually new in so long, I have lost interest in both this author and this series. The 1001 Dark Nights novellas are just not cutting it for me any more. This novel has literally already been written! I a ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
WOW! Larissa Ione has surpassed herself with this book. It was explosive and everything has changed in the world(again:D) This time, there was no turning back and I loved it! I want to reread all the books in the Demonica world now.
Zeek
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I actually read this almost immediately upon release. It's just taken a bit for me to work up the passion for a review. Because I'm a bit on the fence.

Once again with this author's books I read it pretty much in one sitting.

Azagoth's love story began in a novella and it was a good one. I remembered it well and that's saying something. But I had a problem with the further telling in that the use of his loved ones as leverage against him- felt kinda worn. Every superhero has had the same battle w
Siobhan
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Larissa Ione’s Demonica series is one of my favourite paranormal romance series. It’s such a vast world, with so much to love and enjoy, and I was excited when I saw there was another full-length novel coming out. For a while, it has been short stories. As I’m not a lover of short stories, I have not been keeping up to date with the series.

I believe my three-star rating reflects this. To understand Reaper, you really need to have read everything in the Demonica world. Sure, you get enough inform
Tanya Davis
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I've been teased by the many novellas taking us into the Demonica world the last few years and was ecstatic when I saw that we were getting a full length book in this world. I was even more excited when I saw that it was going to center around Azagoth. What I wasn't prepared for was the emotional roller coaster this book would take me on. There w

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
description

description

‘There, on the edge of Lilliana’s pond, he lost it, knowing that nothing would ever be the same.’

Larissa Ione has been one of my favourite paranormal authors since I first picked up one of her books back in 2009. It seems only fitting that ten years later I’m finishing with Reaper. Whilst it’s been a long time since my last Demonica read, I didn’t find that it hampered my enjoyment, rather I felt like I was coming home to a world that is forever embedded in my heart and soul.

“All I ask is tha
Ann Lorz
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

OMG...OMG...OMG!!!!

Have you read a book that as you are reading it it's so exciting that you keep putting it down and then picking it back up and continue reading it?

You know those books that get you all worked up and you feel like you are part of the story so much that you both can't stop looking (reading) and must walk away at the same time. That's how this book was for me. I don't often give five stars for a book
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I liked this book. There was a lot going on that kept my interest. I will note it almost felt like an end to the series and maybe it was, but I was left with some questions about the one guy that died (I’ll say no more for spoilers). We got some answers but not all. So was this the end of the series????
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
When I heard that Reaper is the final book of the Demonica World, I knew I had to read it, so I jumped at the chance to review the audiobook (I’ve only read the books before this). Reaper is the culmination of the Demonica Underworld story arc featuring the various players of, well… the Underworld. And while Azagoth had a novella with HEA/FN earlier in the series, his roll as the Grim Reaper is central to the upheaval that is occurring in the Underworld. This story is much more than a romance - ...more
Ren Puspita
4,5 stars

Wew..talk about an INTENSE book. Larissa Ione didn't hold back. At all.

But first, I want to address that despite its blurb, REAPER is NOT a rewrite version of AZAGOTH novella. Both have different story. AZAGOTH tell how Azagoth and Lilliana's relationship start, a novella that introduced both characters even Azagoth already play some integral part in Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series. REAPER is a culmination of what happen when Lilliana agreed to become Azagoth mate and live
Sonia Cristina
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I just finished REAPER and - wow, oh wow - my God, so good!

It's the end of August and I give 5 stars for the first time this year to 2 books in the same week; "Reaper" definetely deserves all the stars. It was dark and so touching, all of it. All that angst because of Lilliana's disappearance, what Moloch did, what Azagoth must do, and everything else. Jeez, what a book! It had me crying every day it took me to read it.

(view spoiler)
Sue's Romance Reviews
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so eager and distressed going into this novel knowing it’s also the end of the Demonica series.

I was also excited to have cameos from Eidolon, Shade and Wraith! I’ve missed them so much and it only fits. This series started with them and it makes sense that they would be there as it all comes to its end.

The action starts from the very beginning and it had me electrified and giddy throughout the book! Words like “holy shit”, “WTH?!” and “OMG!!!” ran rampant through my mind.

The intrigue and
THall
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
*I received an Advanced Readers Copy in exchange for an honest review*

Just wow.

I have to be honest here.

I loved it.

LOVED it.

Firstly, you absolutely MUST read the author's note at the beginning of the book or you are going to be mad at first and possibly not finish the book.

It's THAT important.

You really, really need to read that author's note where our beloved author asks us to trust her while reading Reaper.

It wasn't long before I figured out why.

I cannot tell you why without spoiling most of
Steph
“Let me get this straight,” Asrael said quietly. “You want me to fuck an entire race of beings into existence, create another race to collect souls, and torture evil demons?” Gabriel sighed. “That’s an accurate—if crude—summary.”

“With this, you’ll have the power to destroy and create. And your name,”
Gabriel called out, “is an angelic word that hearkens back to the negotiations with Satan over the great harvest of souls in the prophesized End of Days.”

“When we’re done, you shall, forevermore
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been a fan of the Demonica series for years now and it's always exciting when I get a new book in my hands. After a few years of shorter novellas I was really looking forward to reading a full length novel again and Larissa Ione didn't disappoint, let's just say that Reaper is a game changer in SO many ways. This is the first time we've had a whole extra book about a couple who are already living their HEA but considering Azagoth and Liliana have had so much going on as side characters in t ...more
Mary Kirkland
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Azagoth, the Grim Reaper is about to be a father, again. But his mate, Lilliana is the love of his life and their baby is one of a kind. When something goes wrong with Lilliana's pregnancy because someone poisoned her and tried to kill their baby, Azagoth will stop at nothing to make sure the person responsible pays for what they tried to do.

Lilliana is rushed to a demon hospital where Azagoth cannot go but after the doctors figure out what's wrong and contain the poison, she decides not to go
Kaci
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic “conclusion”! I loved being back in this world and Azagoth is one of the best characters. Very emotional and stressful read (get that glass of wine like Larissa suggests) but full of action and the vivid world Larissa has created. I missed Demonica and I was happy to be back. I also waited on the last few novellas so I had those to read and then Reaper. I liked that since all those characters and storylines linked into Reaper - especially Cipher. So I recommend at least reading ...more
Shari
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Book Tour Provided in exchange for an honest review.This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Delight
It's the end. Yeah, my favorite series has come to an end. Why is that a delight? Because Larissa Ione does it such flair that left me satisfied, tired, happy, sad, and so many emotions that I call this an awesome book!

A little before the review...

It's sad that we have reached the end of one series with three spin-offs or thre
Cali
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a stressful read omg! But so so so good, I love this world so much!
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)

Hmm. What can I say? I felt the tension was lacking. The pacing felt so slow without some credible the tension. “Reaper” was also a grim story that can’t stand alone. I’ve read most of the Demonic books, but Azagoth’s romance happened in his novella. I skipped Cipher’s novella and felt like I missed some major background information. This book was too easy to put down. Meh.
Scholar inArmor
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
AFTER READING:

A very good ending to the Demonica/Lords of Deliverance/Demonica Underworld series.

There was a battle of epic proportions and I liked every moment of it. Almost every character we know and love had an appearance. The book was full of twists, suspense and I dreaded that someone was going to die.

Judging by the end, we are going to get a new series featuring children being all grown up.

BEFORE RELEASE:

Azagoth & Lilliana are getting their story told in a full novel. I just can't...

Dem
Malissa
Where do I even start? Can I just tell you that this is a must read, trust that you will just listen and leave it at that? I wish in a way that that could be the entirety of my review, JUST READ THIS BOOK, because to try and tell you all the reasons that I loved this book could last way longer than you would be willing to listen, I am certain.

Alas, I can not leave you hanging with just a READ IT, so let me just tell you a few things that are my favorite points.

1. The world building. I think th
Terri Wino
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2020
It's been a while since I had delved back into this world of characters and drama, and this book had mention of pretty much everyone in the series to date. I was happy to revisit the characters I had enjoyed in past books. I struggled some with Azagoth and Lilliana because I haven't read their origin story.

And this is the part where I complain a little. This is my own issue, but I am someone who typically does not enjoy reading short stories and/or novellas. I just don't. Never have. Honestly,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Blow up the 'verse 1 2 Jan 03, 2020 05:59PM

• The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #15)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Fever (Dark Kings #16)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18.5)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • Sacrifice of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15.5)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1)
  • Shades of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #16)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
Air Force veteran Larissa Ione traded in a career in meteorology to pursue her passion of writing. She has since published dozens of books, hit several bestseller lists, including the New York Times and USA Today, and has been nominated for a RITA award. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would n ...more

Demonica Underworld (9 books)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11)
  • Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13)
  • Z (Demonica Underworld #3; Demonica #14)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #17.5)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)

News & Interviews

“The world was going to burn, and he was holding the match.” 0 likes
“Who am I?” he asked, his voice dragging the very pits of Hell. “I’m death, and I’ve come for you, asshole.” 0 likes