Start by marking “The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100” as Want to Read:
The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100

The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100

Best-selling author Dan Buettner debuts his first cookbook, filled with 100 longevity recipes inspired by the Blue Zones locations around the world, where people live the longest.

Building on decades of research, longevity expert Dan Buettner has gathered 100 recipes inspired by the Blue Zones, home to the healthiest and happiest communities in the world. Each dish--for
Published December 3rd 2019 by National Geographic

To ask other readers questions about The Blue Zones Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Zones Kitchen

Start your review of The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100
Sharon Gilpin
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made a list of all the ingredients that are used by the various areas of Blue Zone. And I have started making several of the recipes. All are so good--so far.
They are all high in protein and NO meat. One of my favorite cookbooks for sure.
Kathleen
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really great cookbook. Simple recipes with very few and very simple ingredients. The book is divided, very interestingly, into the blue zone areas with the corresponding recipes (instead of by meal type). Some ingredients might be harder to find depending on where you live.
Briana
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blue Zones Kitchen includes recipes from the so-called “blue zones,” areas where the residents (particularly older ones who adhere to the more traditional diets) live longer than anywhere else on Earth, largely because of what they eat.

I’ve tried three of the recipes—roasted vegetables, sweet potato tarts, and a ratatouille—and all were approachable and included ingredients I was easily able to find at my local grocery store (some ingredients might be a little tougher). The sweet potato tart
Antonette
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Thought I'd enjoy it since I'd read Blue Zones and loved it...not the case. Very disappointed in the recipes. They were full of ingredients that should not be included in whole food plant based eating, i.e. white sugar, white flour and white rice. In addition, they seemed to include items regular grocery stores in smaller cities would not have. It was a Christmas gift that will now be returned.
Cindy
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book , great recipes!!
Crystal
The Blue Zones Kitchen is a lovely cookbook, with recipes that sound delicious, and is a worthy addition to the Blue Zones library. The cover is striking. The recipes manage to be both healthful and delicious (sounding, haven't tried any of them yet). And the sections on each Blue Zone region, complete with lovely food, people, and scenery photography, interviews, regional history and culture, and versions of local recipes are all fascinating. There ARE a lot of recipes that contain gluten, many ...more
Di Richardson
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
This books is getting a lot of hype right now. The narrative is compelling, and the the photos are gorgeous! It is bright, and glossy, and really a beautiful book. So why only three stars? Well, almost every recipe in this book seemed to be centered around chickpeas or sweet potatoes, and those just happen to be two veggies I really do not like. I am willing to include them once in a while, but I am just never going to center my diet around those two foods, so for me, this just isn’t going to be ...more
Karista Bennett
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been intrigued by the subject of The Blue Zones, so when this book released, I had to have it. Beautifully written with lovely photos and loaded with information and inspiration. Not only is it filled with recipes but also the most delightful stories. A great read!
CJ Katz
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some great stuff here, especially if you're looking to improve your health and introduce more plant foods into your diet. Beans are the cornerstone of Blue Zone eating and a majority of recipes in the book include legumes of some sort. I love the overview of each zone and how the book is divided into the Zones. Look for additional bits of info scattered throughout the recipes sections, including the pictoral overview of the foods defining each Zone at the end of the book. Now I'm off to make ...more
Jean Wiseman
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This beautifully illustrated cookbook features plant-based recipes from the Blue Zones. Some of the recipes featured ingredients that would be difficult to acquire in my small town. The recipes I tried were easy, delicious, and healthy. This book has to go back to the library tomorrow, but I am considering purchasing my own copy.
Kim
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books
Beautiful book! Lovely photos on most every page, just enough introduction to each Blue Zone region, wonderful recipes. Great addition to my Blue Zones library shelf!
Jillybb
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I don’t know what I expected but this blend of cooking and tourism didn’t work for me.
Carrie Weber
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cannot wait to research more about the Blue Zones and get involved.
Sherry
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Interesting, many recipes used ingredients common in that region but not so much in my area. I did not feel excited to try any of recipes which is a hallmark of a good cookbook in my opinion.
carol moellentin

• The Library of Lost and Found
  • Merry and Bright
  • Milk Street: The New Rules: Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • A Time to Die (One Last Wish, #1)
  • One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9)
  • 61 Hours (Jack Reacher, #14)
  • One Hundred Wisdom Stories
  • The Redeemer (Harry Hole, #6)
  • A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived: The Stories in Our Genes
  • Managing Budgets (DK Essential Managers)
  • Stay
  • Labyrinths:  Selected Stories and Other Writings
  • The Tumor
National Geographic Explorer Dan Buettner has traveled the globe to uncover the best strategies for longevity.