Start by marking “The Nerd Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Nerd Next Door

The Nerd Next Door

(Carolina Kisses #1)

New town, new job, new neighbor… new crush.

I’ve got a serious problem and it goes by the name of Ted Jones. Even his name is nerdy! Combine that with his glasses, lean runner’s frame, crazy smarts, and superhero addiction and he’s got my lady engine revving hard.

What can I say? I’ve got a thing for hot nerds.

But our shy glances and awkward exchanges in the elevator are
Published March 8th 2019 by Rolling Hearts Press

To ask other readers questions about The Nerd Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nerd Next Door

Start your review of The Nerd Next Door
Heroesinbooks
4 Ted and Haley Stars

This is such a cute story. Ted is a hot nerd. Haley is his new neighbour. They are both very likeable characters and their story builds nicely with a well paced plot.

Although there is insta lust with these two it takes a while for anything physical to happen. There is a very entertaining miscommunication that keeps them apart.

This is a really entertaining book which was a gorgeous light read. Great for the beach or when you need a break from the darker side of romance. I
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
121822382-211813206962568-6368072689316748060-o

3.5*
this is such a cute book. Came to me just in the right time when I needed a laugh and an escape from reality
it was funny and sweet and it is well written rom-com
it is such entertaining book and I learned so much about super heroes and Marvel comics
and I loved them both – loved the way they appreciated the other without reaising it is also the other was around… loved all those accidents they had because of it and I loved the things developed slowly' giving them time to get to know each ot
JoyTheLazyCatLady
Light and Fun

This is the fourth book I have read from this author, and again, she has created a novel that flows well and is easy to read. Unfortunately, I don't think it's quite as good as the first three books I have read. It is humorous but not as funny as my previous reads. That does not, in any way, mean this is a bad book. It's not. The author kept me engaged in the story and did a nice job introducing the characters. The interaction between Haley and Ted is pretty entertaining. This was a
Caroline F
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the few times I've listened to an audiobook before reading it first.

I absolutely adored this funny, cute and sexy story. I found myself giggling constantly at the happenings in the book.

Ted is absolutely adorable with his bumbling ways, shyness and complete misunderstanding of the situation. I loved Haley and her massive awkward crush on Ted, and her attempts to engage him in conversation.

Such a delightful listening experience that was delivered adeptly by the narrators!
Andrea B
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a super sweet and funny nerd luv. The characters are so charming that u cannot help but fall in luv
Melissa
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haley has been crushing on her next door neighbor Ted since she moved in to the apartment next door to his, but despite her best efforts it appears he just isn't into her. Ted has been secretly lusting after the beauty next door since their first run in but unfortunately he thinks he doesn't stand a chance with her. After Ted hears Haley with her best friend Liv he misconstrues their conversation and believes she is off limits which as a double edged sword make him more comfortable around her, b ...more
(Energy)
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haley is a veterinarian with a crush on the next door neighbor Ted. With the help of her best friend Liv, she wants to get to know him beyond the occasional "hi" in the elevator. Ted is sexy cute in a nerdy sort of way. As Haley says it "Now, here's a man who knows how to rock an elbow patch." (I burst out laughing at that). Ted has a major crush on Haley but he stumbles every time he tries to talk to her. So his crush is going nowhere.
Just when they've managed to start talking a big misunderst
Anita
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sylvie Stewart always leaves me feeling good after I finish her books!!
I picked up this book yesterday afternoon and immediately started right into it and then stayed up the majority of the night reading. To me, that is always the sign of a really good book.

I just loved Haley and Ted. Haley was so cute and quirky, while Ted was absolutely swoon-worthy. The interactions were cute, the dialogue was snappy and the characters were well developed. A wonderful start to the Carolina Kisses Series. Defi
Pelusa Rivera
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a cute story.. We meet Haley who has had a crush on her neighbor Ted since she moved it, but these two did not know how to speak to each other, honestly they acted more like high schoolers, but the story was still cute not life changing but cute. So a misunderstanding occurs which allows Ted to finally be able to speak to Haley without mumbling like an imbecile so it did take them a little longer to act out on their attraction than I would have liked but it is what it is..Loved her friend ...more
Georgia
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Nerd Next Door is the first book of the Carolina Kisses series and I love it. The storyline was engaging and kept my interest as well as the drama, twists, mistakes and emotional turmoil created tension for the couple. Haley and Ted are both strong characters and that made for a well balanced couple. The attraction between the couple simmered along nice as they engaged in a chemistry that was steamy and hot. I can not wait to read the next book in the series.

I received a free copy of this bo
Lisa H
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His name is Ted, he’s into comics, and he’s a nerd. Oh, and he wears glasses. Color me in love.

Ted gets tongue tied when ever Miss 3-B is around. He’s smart and teaches Classical Studies. I love that he’s comparing superheroes to gods and Greek mythology (I wrote my dissertation on the same thing).

Haley is a new veterinarian and is jones on her neighbor. Who just stepped in her dogs poo.

Fun, sassy, spicy.
Just about perfect.
Recommend.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volu
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me series and what a great read!! I loved this story. It made me laugh. I was highly entertained. This is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone.

Loved Haley and Ted. Their missteps were so funny and goofy. I could not help but fall in love with these two.

Strong story line, entertaining dialogue, fun characters, and easy to visualize descriptions to details.

Written as 1st person, multi pov with a HFN ending.

All in all, a great read. Can not wait for the next one! I
Regina
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Go on, dazzle me, Professor Jones."

The Nerd Next Door is a funny, sexy rom-com with my favorite kind of hero, Professor Ted Jones, nerd and comic book aficionado par excellence.
And Haley made it really easy for me to root for her pretty much from page 1.

I had so much fun following those two through all the awkwardness, misunderstandings, and mishaps on their way to their HEA. And I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know their friends and (furry) family, too. :)

This is the first story I've read b
J. Ockenhouse
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind. Having only read the title, I knew I'd love it and I love it alot!!!

Ted and Haley will have a smile on your face, occasionally you'll chuckle out loud and just swoon over them.

They are not farfetched characters. You feel like you live in that apartment complex on the other side of them and get to see them blossom their romance right where you can nosey on them.

My first Sylvie story and I'm impressed. Simple writing that has a way to sweep you in and definitely help m
Susan Anderson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haley moves into an apartment next to a "nerd", Ted Jones. She finds him sexy with his glasses and physical appearance, but they both have trouble talking with each other. When Ted overhears something, he changes his mind about Haley and realizes they can only be friends. He is then able to carry on a conversation with her. This really confuses Haley and she doesn't understand his sudden change. They become very comfortable with each other, and Haley decides she wants more, which confuses Ted. I ...more
Charmaine Nouwen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Nerd Next Door by Sylvie Stewart is a great read. fun,sweet,sexy and enjoyable story. great storyline,great characters with great chemistry; easy to read and entertaining; well done!

Closet Romance Reader
The Nerd Next Door is a super cute, fast paced read. Haley and Ted both really like each other but can’t seem to figure out a way to admit it! Through laugh out loud mis-haps the two eventually find their way to each other. I ❤️ Ted and Haley!!
J.J. Grice
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is absolutely adorable! Two awkward people who don't know how to show their feelings. Then a hilarious misunderstanding is what brings this to life! Ted is the cutest nerd and Haley is an adorably quirky vet who build a strong friendship while both secretly wanting more but neither thinks it's an option. Sylvie delivers yet another adorable rom-vom with the perfect HEA! ...more
Urszula
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The two neighbours. Lots of assumptions and misunderstandings. He wanta, she wants but they arę not communicating. Well written, easy to read. Pleasurable.

Christy B
Shelves: 2019-reads
OMG I loved Ted and Haley. I don't even know where to start - these two were a crack-up. Haley is an outgoing vet who is captivated by her hot, nerdy neighbor. What she doesn't know is that the attraction is mutual - but the professor isn't sure what to do about it! Ted was hilarious (not intentionally of course). The misunderstanding between the two of them had me in stitches and it made it more fabulous when things got straightened out. These two were a great pair and I enjoyed their story. ...more
Elizabeth McDaniel
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Haley and Ted’ story! It was so funny and so much fun to read. I was beginning to think they would never get together! Great read

H.B. Jasick
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is witty and chuck full of sexual tension. It nerdy and nothing short of absolutely amaze-balls!! A fantastically adorable romcom the everyone must read!!
Lisa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was gripping, well written & the chemistry between the characters sizzled throughout this wonderful read.

Well done Sylvie. I look forward to more!
Colleen
Cute story, a laugh from the beginning to the end.

Cheers
Lori
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC through Booksprout in return for my honest review. This is a great book. It is highly entertaining and you will become very engrossed in the story. I am so glad to have discovered this author and will definitely be checking out more of her books. I highly recommend this read.

Heather Nobbs
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Haley and Ted’s story. I had a smile on my face the whole time and this book had me chuckling too. I enjoyed how Ted misunderstood Haley and Liv’s relationship and tried to control his attraction to Haley because of it. Haley who is unaware of what Ted is thinking is trying to figure out what she has to do to get this guy to notice her. I liked that I had already gotten to meet Haley and Ted in Liv’s story (The Way You Are). I really enjoyed this story and rooted for Haley and Ted to fin ...more
Jacki
4.5☆
I liked it!
Sylvie Stewart is one of my go-to authors.

What I liked:
Part of a series: Carolina Kisses
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from Booksprout.
Anna Caron
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book absolutely awesome I love when the authors let you read it before it comes out I will definitely be getting this book. The characters were realistic and what can I say haven’t had one of her books disappoint me yet
AmyB
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! Haley and Ted’s story has all the makings of what I call a “beach read”. Lighthearted, sexy and funny, not too deep and angst-y. Perfect for chilling with your toes in the sand and enjoying a salty breeze. Several parts had me laughing out loud and I love a good “misunderstanding”. 😁
Kim Gauger
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
had me laughing hard

Omg this book was amazing! I laughed so hard throughout this entire book.It was exactly the style of book I was looking for today. super cu. Y, with misunderstandings and chemistry. I loved it!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Pink Bits (Awkward #1)
  • Mom-Com (Reality of Love, #2)
  • Master Baker
  • America's Geekheart (Bro Code, #2)
  • Dream Lover (Lover Boys, #1)
  • Scoring a Prince (Mr. Match #3)
  • 10 Dates (The Power of Ten, #1)
  • Mr. Justice (Small Town Protectors, #4)
  • Boss I Love to Hate
  • The Theory of Attraction (Science of Temptation, #1)
  • Royally Pucked (The Copper Valley Thrusters, #2)
  • Fake It for Me (Bad Boy Greeks, #1)
  • Gruff Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever, #3)
  • Merried (Misfit Brides, #5)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
  • Billionaire Bossman (Bedding the Billionaire)
  • The Chocolatier (Man Card #1)
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door (Billionaire Collection, #1)
Sylvie Stewart is a USA Today bestselling author of romantic comedy and contemporary romance. She loves all things North Carolina, wants a baby goat for a pet, and lives to make her readers laugh and swoon. Sylvie's newest release is The Runaround .

Amazon: http://bit.ly/sylviestewartamazon
Facebook: http://bit.ly/sstewartfb
Instagram: http://bit.ly/sstewartig
Twitter: http://bit.ly/sstewar

Carolina Kisses (3 books)
  • New Jerk in Town (Carolina Kisses, #2)
  • The Last Good Liar (Carolina Kisses #3)

News & Interviews

For those of us north of the equator, it's time for chilly days, long nights, and plenty of time to cozy up with a new book–or book...
“I’m sure you’ve made significant strides to incorporate the cultural significance without straying too far into teenage popular culture.” 1 likes
“Because that’s exactly the topic that’s gonna make your crush confess his undying love for you. Oh, Haley, there’s nothing I find sexier than the mental image of you stuffing your panties with cotton personal products before binge drinking and shoving raw cookie dough in your face. Come to daddy!” 0 likes