Start by marking “One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)” as Want to Read:
One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)

One of Us Is Next

(One of Us is Lying #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  8,051 ratings  ·  1,497 reviews
The highly anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestselling thriller everyone is talking about, One of Us Is Lying! There's a new mystery to solve at Bayview High, and there's a whole new set of rules.

Come on, Bayview, you know you've missed this.

A ton of copycat gossip apps have popped up since Simon died, but in the year since the Bayview four were cleared of his
Published January 7th 2020 by Delacorte Press for Young Readers

·  8,051 ratings  ·  1,497 reviews

Start your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Karen McManus
Aug 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ETA: I hope you all enjoy going back to Bayview!

***

We'll get a title and description up here eventually :)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This was a solid sequel! I really appreciate the work Karen M. McManus does in fleshing out each of her characters. She makes sure we get to know every single one of them & understand them. On top of that, she does a great job of providing a surprising plot. I like the fact that it doesn't just end with the explosive point the story reaches and that we get a bit of cushion at the end to see the aftermath of everything. All in all, I really enjoyed this book.
Chaima ✨ شيماء
A deadly game of Truth or Dare? [slams fist on table] THAT'S THE KIND OF SHIT I LIKE TO SEE
Sabaa Tahir
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys, I've gotten pretty old and grumpy in my reading. There's just a point at which you've read so much you feel like nothing is surprising anymore. I had just put down a very blah book when I picked up this one, and thank goodness I did pick it up because it was a balm on my wounded, grouchy soul.

My absolute FAVORITE thing about Karen's books is that I know, going in, that I will be in excellent hands. I will be shocked. I will gasp. I will laugh. I will cringe and yell at the characters. I
MischaS_
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
EDIT: So, I went on a little investigation. Based on the author's Twitter we already know:

- The main character will be Maeve, Bronwyn’s sister. Plus two new MCs.

- Bronwyn, Cooper, Addy & Nate aren't POV characters, but they're very much present.

- The author also dropped a list of five things we will see in the sequel:
(view spoiler)
jessica
to me, the thing that make thrillers thrilling is that they give the reader a sense of ‘holy crap. this could happen to anyone.’ thats why they are so exciting to read, because of the realistic vibes that get your adrenaline pumping.

but this novel is so outside any realm of possibility, that it took me completely out of the story. its just too farfetched for me to even become invested. its just a massive eye-roll.

i mean, this has it moments (mainly in the form of nate and knox). and the
Tucker
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tucker by: Penguin Teen
Come on, Bayview, you know you’ve missed this.

Holy sh*t. I completely forgot how talented at writing Karen M. McManus is. I mean… It’s been a few days since I finished this book and my mind is still reeling.

So, what’s this book about?

It’s been a year and a half since Simon died and in spite of the many copycat gossip apps, the Bayview four have moved on with their lives.
Cooper is openly gay and happily in love with his boyfriend, Chris.
Bronwyn and Nick are together (most of the time).
megs_bookrack
**4.5-stars rounded up**

There's no denying I love a Karen M. McManus story!!

There is just something so damn nostalgic about her stereotypical high school characters solving murders. I love it!

Full review to come...stay tuned!!!

Original:

TRUTH OR DARE!?!?!

Y'all KNOW I am here for this!

((continues squeal))
Larry H
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
In One of Us is Next , a game of truth or dare causes massive chaos.

We return to Bayview High, the scene of Karen McManus’ explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying . Time has passed since scandal and murder rocked the school, and everyone has (mostly) been able to put their lives back in order, except for those who still seek to cause chaos, either to avenge the last troublemaker or to one-up him.

And then one day an anonymous text appears on students’ phones, initiating a game of truth or
✨ A ✨
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as future-stars
I don't know about the rest of you... but I'm so excited for this book I could cry.
________
My review for:
Book 1 - One of us is lying

C.G. Drews
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am utterly basking in the feels of having just finished a good book. BASKING. I tell you! The twists in this were so clever, so intricately woven, and getting to the end and discovering how many people's lives were tangled up together -- not to mention that circular finale!!! -- just had me in full appreciation of the story. This is just [clenches fist] a very good book.

(I admit that I didn't reread book 1 first, and I should have oops. But I didn't love it? Whilst I really loved this!? And I
Chelsea Humphrey
An easy, breezy, enjoyable listen. Binged this in a single day!
arini ☆彡
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 One of Us Is Lying — 3 Stars
#2 One of Us Is Next — 3.75 Stars

I came here looking for some Nate Macauley breadcrumbs but, ultimately, I stayed for all the juicy teenage deceit, malicious revenge plot, and thrilling murder mystery. While this book is not without its drawbacks, One of Us Is Next is actually pretty genius in its own right.

“Here’s a little advice for the next time we play: Always take the Dare.”

Plot Summary :

The story picks up eighteen months or so later since the
claire
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The twist was good. It's just that you could already figured it all out halfway through the book. There's also a lot of unnecessary infos that stopped me from caring with all the characters. I also had a hard time reading with the multiple POVs.
Amy Imogene Reads

So this had some killer punches...including one VERY memorable one at the end. But that doesn’t quite make up for the dead weight.

Concept:
Pacing: 1/2
Villain(s)/Reveal(s):

One of Us is Next is the sequel to McManus' explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying. While technically you could read this one by itself, the amount of references to the first book are numerous enough that I would encourage readers to pick up the first one, well, first.

I was EXTREMELY excited for this sequel. I
Blake
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you book gods for answering my prayers
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
YES! Our favorite Bayview teens are back & this time it’s 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞 time. By now you should know what to do - 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦!

Just when Bayview High was getting back to normal following Simon's death, an app appears on everyone’s phones initiating a game of 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞. Don’t even think about not playing - ignore your turn and a truth about you will come out, whether you like it or not. You know everyone at Bayview has something to hide and this new game master is more than ready
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
So we went from "Liar Liar Pants On Fire" right to "Truth Or Dare"?
Lovely!
I'm all in! ;-P
Ashley Nuckles
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a great sequel! I loved the characters just as much as in the first book, and the plot gave me literal goosebumps at certain times. While I will say I actually liked the first one more, this one is still def a must read if you enjoyed book 1!
Sophia Triad
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-mafia, school
Back to Bayview!
This was excellent

Back to Bayview for a game of Truth or Dare.

With new main players:

Maeve: Bronwyn’s sister from One of Us is Lying. She used to date Knox, but now they are just good friends. Something happened between them and they decided that they don’t fit.

Knox: He has four older sister all with K names: Kiersten, Katie, Kelsey, and Kara.
We’re like the Kardashians, except without any money.

Phoebe: Sister of Emma and little Owen. She has lost her dad from an accident at
Susanne  Strong
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.85 Stars

It’s Game Time, Friends! How do you feel about Truth or Dare?

It’s been 18 months since what happened at Bayview High. Yet no one has forgotten Simon.

Things have been relatively quiet - till an anonymous text appears on every student’s phones alerting them to a new game of Truth or Dare - which simply can’t be ignored. Once a student is chosen to play the game, they have a few hours to decide.

Once the texts start rolling out, Maeve (Bronwyn’s sister) starts investigating.

No one is
Patty
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as 2020
IM SORRY. WHAT?!?!?!
Theres’s a sequel to One of Us Is Lying. MY HEART.

FUCK YEAAAAHHHHH!!
description

I would love if this was Maeve’s book!! Which would mean we’d get more Bronwyn and Nate, right ?!? IM HERE FOR THIS EITHER WAY!
SHIRLEY ♡
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I’m so ready for this book.
Charlotte May
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as library-loans  ·  review of another edition
Ready to pick up from the library.
I loved One Of Us is Lying so much - I’m not sure how well a sequel will go down....
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
I was hoping Penguin NZ would give me to chance to read this novel as an arc - and they did! Just as good as a Christmas present! Thanks so much!

Love the Arc cover!

In spite of a few lulls (mostly near the start) I'm going with my overall feeling that this is a 5 book. Once the story got going I was really engaged and as much as I loved One of Us Is Lying I preferred the character development for previous characters like Maeve and Bronwen in this sequel. I also found the main new characters
Kat | Rustic Pages
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ll be back to review!!
Mary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
what the FUCK
oh my goOOOOD
i briefly, VERY briefly suspected the ending and went "naaaaah, this is too far fetched", yet heRE WE ARE
Gavin
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I was going to give this 3 stars until a final twist in the last few pages and my faith was restored. Out of all of Karen M. McManus’s books, this is probably my favourite one so far, but believe me this was a rollercoaster for me and there were many times when I didn’t know what to think or rate this book, but we got there in the end.
Suzanne
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of Us is Next was very entertaining and once again highlights the negative ways social media can be used in our society today. I noticed a lot of reviewers talking about how this one is not as good as One of Us is Lying but I found it just as entertaining. It moves at a great place and the characters are fascinating. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
I have a lot of feelings and thoughts. And a question or two. Full RTC.

5/21/19: I just got a notification: "MischaS_ liked your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)" I screamed and went to this instantly - I'm so pumped for a sequel! Following new characters sounds like a great move here. January 2020 tho? Ugh. (Also, I don't really love the color scheme. It's very different from McManus's other two books.) But I'll probably have to reread One of Us Is Lying first. Looking

• The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart #1)
  • Heartstream
  • Not Hungry
  • Reputation
  • I, Cosmo
  • Monuments
  • I Am Not a Number
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Three Hours
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Song of the Crimson Flower
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 40 languages worldwide.

One of Us is Lying (2 books)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
“How do you make that choice?" I ask almost to myself. "Between what you need and what you want?" I feel like my sister's going through her own version of that. Kris's eyes are on Cooper, too. "You hope they become the same thing, I guess.” 3 likes
“Who do you want to be? The guy who goes along or the guy who stands up? This is the time to decide.” 1 likes