Start by marking “One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)” as Want to Read:
One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)

One of Us Is Next

(One of Us is Lying #2)

The highly anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestselling thriller everyone is talking about, One of Us Is Lying! There's a new mystery to solve at Bayview High, and there's a whole new set of rules.

Come on, Bayview, you know you've missed this.

Expected publication: January 7th 2020 by Delacorte Press for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about One of Us Is Next, please sign up.
Alexa The Bayview Four all appear in the sequel, to varying degrees. Nate and Addy appear the most, followed by Bronwyn and Cooper. Because one of the POV…moreThe Bayview Four all appear in the sequel, to varying degrees. Nate and Addy appear the most, followed by Bronwyn and Cooper. Because one of the POV character's is Bronwyn's sister Maeve, it helps to weave the original characters through the book quite a lot. The other two new characters are classmates of Maeve's.(less)

Start your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Karen McManus
Aug 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ETA: I hope you all enjoy going back to Bayview!

***

We'll get a title and description up here eventually :)
MischaS_
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
EDIT: So, I went on a little investigation. Based on the author's Twitter we already know:

- The main character will be Maeve, Bronwyn’s sister. Plus two new MCs.

- Bronwyn, Cooper, Addy & Nate aren't POV characters, but they're very much present.

- The author also dropped a list of five things we will see in the sequel:
(view spoiler)
Sabaa Tahir
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys, I've gotten pretty old and grumpy in my reading. There's just a point at which you've read so much you feel like nothing is surprising anymore. I had just put down a very blah book when I picked up this one, and thank goodness I did pick it up because it was a balm on my wounded, grouchy soul.

My absolute FAVORITE thing about Karen's books is that I know, going in, that I will be in excellent hands. I will be shocked. I will gasp. I will laugh. I will cringe and yell at the characters. I
✨ A ✨
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as future-stars
I don't know about the rest of you... but I'm so excited for this book I could cry.
________
My review for:
Book 1 - One of us is lying

Tucker
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Recommended to Tucker by: Penguin Teen
[9/10/2019] - JANUARY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH
*************
i honestly can't wait for more Nick Nate... I knew NIck sounded off and Bronwyn! also Cooper and his bf, whose name i don't remember
*************
HAVE YOU SEEN THE SYNOPSIS????????????
Come on, Bayview, you know you’ve missed this. A ton of copycat gossip apps have popped up since Simon died, but in the year since the Bayview four were cleared of his shocking death, no one’s been able to fill the gossip void quite like he could. The
Blake
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you book gods for answering my prayers
megs_bookrack
((squeals))

TRUTH OR DARE!?!?!

Y'all KNOW I am here for this!

((continues squeal))
claire
Sep 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
OMYGODDDDD!!!! Hoping for more Bronwyn and Nate's story plsplspls
Patty
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as 2020
IM SORRY. WHAT?!?!?!
Theres’s a sequel to One of Us Is Lying. MY HEART.

FUCK YEAAAAHHHHH!!
description

I would love if this was Maeve’s book!! Which would mean we’d get more Bronwyn and Nate, right ?!? IM HERE FOR THIS EITHER WAY!
SHIRLEY ♡
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I’m so ready for this book.
Amy Imogene Reads
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
TRUTH OR DARE
Truth: I am definitely too excited for this, especially as I didn't love her last one.
Dare: I dare myself not go mad waiting for this (and other fantastic books) to come out in January 2020.

BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Pssst, I'm probably a bit too excited for this considering it won't be out till Jan. 2020! ...more
Ishmeen
Dec 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
WTF HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS
Gavin
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I was going to give this 3 stars until a final twist in the last few pages and my faith was restored. Out of all of Karen M. McManus’s books, this is probably my favourite one so far, but believe me this was a rollercoaster for me and there were many times when I didn’t know what to think or rate this book, but we got there in the end.
Cillian
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: magicless-stuff, ya

12/15/2018

Look at this adorable group of imbeciles: the book doesn't even have a title or description; the estimated publication date if set for spring 2020. And it already has 20 ratings.

PS. Don't feel the need to enlighten me about ARCs, as of today--see date at the top--there are no ARCs.
Tijana
Sep 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Did anybody already receive an ARC?
And if yes, kindly provide me with the information about who I am supposed to sell my kidney to, so I can get one, too.

Thank you in advance.
Bridget
Sep 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Sophia Triad
May 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
I am so excited! This will be so good ...more
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
*rubs hands together* A mystery about Maeve? YES PLEASE.
Alexa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SUCH a satisfying sequel. And I might even like this MORE? But, that might be because I read OoUIL spoiled for half of it, so this one I had the pure joy of a no spoiler reading experience. Fans of OoUIL who loved those characters and wants to see what they're up to will be happy/satisfied. Nate, Bronwyn, Addy, and Cooper make appearances. Plus, Ashton and Eli. There's more Nate/Bronwyn than anyone else from book 1, which is all I'll say :)

The POV characters are Maeve (Bronwyn's sister), Phoebe,
TheYALibrarian
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating 5 Stars

** Thank you so much Penguin Random House for so graciously sending me an ARC! **

To my complete surprise (not) McManus once again threw me for a loop and once again the big reveal and ending had me floored. How does she do that?? It's baffling but a the same time so impressive.

More review to come!
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
5/21/19: I just got a notification: "MischaS_ liked your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)" I screamed and went to this instantly - I'm so pumped for a sequel! Following new characters sounds like a great move here. January 2020 tho? Ugh. (Also, I don't really love the color scheme. It's very different from McManus's other two books.) But I'll probably have to reread One of Us Is Lying first. Looking forward to this!
Sierra Elmore
Aug 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
ugh this is what the gays DESERVE
arini
Sep 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
#1 one of us is lying — 3 stars
#2 one of us is next (tbr)

there's no clear indication that there'll be nate in this, but i'll take my chances. im not going to be the one who says no to this just because the first book kinda sucked.

(to be read)
Sam
Aug 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS REAL!!! HERE FOR IT!
Nekesa
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Karen truly is That Bitch ...more
Shruti Ramanujam
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won an ARC of this book in a giveaway Karen conducted on Twitter and I’ve been screaming ever since. I’ve always been salty about the fact that NetGalley wouldn’t allow me to request One of Us Is Lying when it first released (international problems!), so winning the sequel felt amazing!

One of Us Is Next is a thrilling, suspenseful novel about teenagers dealing with chilling problems. It has just as much intrigue and drama as the first book in the series, and is a fast-paced, don’
Hannah
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the ARC of this book - it was AMAZING! Loved spending time with the Bayview Four again, but truly loved getting to know Maeve so much better. As a person who survived childhood cancer twice, her storyline and characteristics felt very familiar and accurate. Karen McManus does a great job of writing teenagers as they are - not glamorizing them or making them into unattainable “goals”. Love love loooooove this book, and will definitely be buying an official copy when it comes out.
Emily Gilbow
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did I just stay up until 1:30 in the morning to read this book all in one sitting? Yes, yes I did. As always Karen McManus has managed to leave me on the edge of my seat (or bed rather, as it is 1:00 in the morning) whispering ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod until the last page. Ending had me floored.
Gwen
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD WHAT
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Turning Pages by ...: REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE: One of Us is Next 6 19 17 hours, 44 min ago

• A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Frostheart
  • Scars Like Wings
  • Jackpot
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • The List of Things That Will Not Change
  • I, Cosmo
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • The Best Lies
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Are You Watching?
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • Swipe Right for Murder
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 40 languages worldwide.

One of Us is Lying (2 books)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)