Start by marking “One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)” as Want to Read:
One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)

One of Us Is Next

(One of Us is Lying #2)

The highly anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestselling thriller everyone is talking about, One of Us Is Lying! There's a new mystery to solve at Bayview High, and there's a whole new set of rules.

Come on, Bayview, you know you've missed this.

A ton of copycat gossip apps have popped up since Simon died, but in the year since the Bayview four were cleared of his
Published January 7th 2020 by Delacorte Press for Young Readers

Start your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Karen McManus
Aug 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ETA: I hope you all enjoy going back to Bayview!

***

We'll get a title and description up here eventually :)
MischaS_
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
EDIT: So, I went on a little investigation. Based on the author's Twitter we already know:

- The main character will be Maeve, Bronwyn’s sister. Plus two new MCs.

- Bronwyn, Cooper, Addy & Nate aren't POV characters, but they're very much present.

- The author also dropped a list of five things we will see in the sequel:
(view spoiler)
Sabaa Tahir
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys, I've gotten pretty old and grumpy in my reading. There's just a point at which you've read so much you feel like nothing is surprising anymore. I had just put down a very blah book when I picked up this one, and thank goodness I did pick it up because it was a balm on my wounded, grouchy soul.

My absolute FAVORITE thing about Karen's books is that I know, going in, that I will be in excellent hands. I will be shocked. I will gasp. I will laugh. I will cringe and yell at the characters. I
jessica
to me, the thing that make thrillers thrilling is that they give the reader a sense of ‘holy crap. this could happen to anyone.’ thats why they are so exciting to read, because of the realistic vibes that get your adrenaline pumping.

but this novel is so outside any realm of possibility, that it took me completely out of the story. its just too farfetched for me to even become invested. its just a massive eye-roll.

i mean, this has it moments (mainly in the form of nate and knox). and the
Chaima ✨ شيماء
A deadly game of Truth or Dare? [slams fist on table] THAT'S THE KIND OF SHIT I LIKE TO SEE
✨ A ✨
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as future-stars
I don't know about the rest of you... but I'm so excited for this book I could cry.
________

[1/15/2020] - HOLY MOTHER FORKING SHIRTBALLS

[1/7/2020] - i'm so f**king excited

[9/10/2019] - JANUARY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH

*************

i honestly can't wait for more Nick Nate... I knew NIck sounded off and Bronwyn! also Cooper and his bf, whose name i don't remember

*************

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SYNOPSIS????????????
Come on, Bayview, you know you’ve missed this. A ton of copycat gossip apps have popped up since Simon died, but in the year since the Bayview four were
megs_bookrack
((squeals))

TRUTH OR DARE!?!?!

Y'all KNOW I am here for this!

((continues squeal))
claire
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The twist was good. It's just that you could already figured it all out halfway through the book. There's also a lot of unnecessary infos that stopped me from caring with all the characters. I also had a hard time reading with the multiple POVs.
Blake
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you book gods for answering my prayers
Amy Imogene Reads

So this had some killer punches...including one VERY memorable one at the end. But that doesn’t quite make up for the dead weight.

Concept:
Pacing: 1/2
Villain(s)/Reveal(s):

One of Us is Next is the sequel to McManus' explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying. While technically you could read this one by itself, the amount of references to the first book are numerous enough that I would encourage readers to pick up the first one, well, first.

I was EXTREMELY excited for this sequel. I
Patty
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as 2020
IM SORRY. WHAT?!?!?!
Theres’s a sequel to One of Us Is Lying. MY HEART.

FUCK YEAAAAHHHHH!!
description

I would love if this was Maeve’s book!! Which would mean we’d get more Bronwyn and Nate, right ?!? IM HERE FOR THIS EITHER WAY!
Larry H
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
In One of Us is Next , a game of truth or dare causes massive chaos.

We return to Bayview High, the scene of Karen McManus’ explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying . Time has passed since scandal and murder rocked the school, and everyone has (mostly) been able to put their lives back in order, except for those who still seek to cause chaos, either to avenge the last troublemaker or to one-up him.

And then one day an anonymous text appears on students’ phones, initiating a game of truth or
arini ★彡
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 One of Us Is Lying — 3 Stars
#2 One of Us Is Next — 3.75 Stars

I came here looking for some Nate Macauley breadcrumbs but, ultimately, I stayed for all the juicy teenage deceit, malicious revenge plot, and thrilling murder mystery. While this book is not without its drawbacks, One of Us Is Next is actually pretty genius in its own right.

“Here’s a little advice for the next time we play: Always take the Dare.”

Plot Summary :

The story picks up eighteen months or so later since the
Ashley Nuckles
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a great sequel! I loved the characters just as much as in the first book, and the plot gave me literal goosebumps at certain times. While I will say I actually liked the first one more, this one is still def a must read if you enjoyed book 1!
SHIRLEY ♡
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I’m so ready for this book.
Sophia Triad
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-mafia, school
Back to Bayview!
This was excellent
Ishmeen
Dec 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
WTF HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Pssst, I'm probably a bit too excited for this considering it won't be out till Jan. 2020! ...more
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
I was hoping Penguin NZ would give me to chance to read this novel as an arc - and they did! Just as good as a Christmas present! Thanks so much!

Love the Arc cover!

In spite of a few lulls (mostly near the start) I'm going with my overall feeling that this is a 5 book. Once the story got going I was really engaged and as much as I loved One of Us Is Lying I preferred the character development for previous characters like Maeve and Bronwen in this sequel. I also found the main new characters
Gavin
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I was going to give this 3 stars until a final twist in the last few pages and my faith was restored. Out of all of Karen M. McManus’s books, this is probably my favourite one so far, but believe me this was a rollercoaster for me and there were many times when I didn’t know what to think or rate this book, but we got there in the end.
Zoë ☆
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
NDIDFHDKSKSMPS THAT ENDING?! WHAT
---------------------------------------
This book is the sequel to One of Us is Lying, but the story takes place a year or so later and it follows another group of teens. However, everything that happened in the first book and those main characters also play a pretty significant role in this story. I don’t recommend reading this book before One of Us is Lying, just FYI

So! In One of Us is Next there is a game of Truth or Dare being played via text message with
Cillian
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: magicless-stuff, ya

12/15/2018

Look at this adorable group of imbeciles: the book doesn't even have a title or description; the estimated publication date if set for spring 2020. And it already has 20 ratings.

PS. Don't feel the need to enlighten me about ARCs, as of today--see date at the top--there are no ARCs.
Bridget
Sep 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Tijana
Sep 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Did anybody already receive an ARC?
And if yes, kindly provide me with the information about who I am supposed to sell my kidney to, so I can get one, too.

Thank you in advance.
R.F. Gammon
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
*rubs hands together* A mystery about Maeve? YES PLEASE.
Alexa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SUCH a satisfying sequel. And I might even like this MORE? But, that might be because I read OoUIL spoiled for half of it, so this one I had the pure joy of a no spoiler reading experience. Fans of OoUIL who loved those characters and wants to see what they're up to will be happy/satisfied. Nate, Bronwyn, Addy, and Cooper make appearances. Plus, Ashton and Eli. There's more Nate/Bronwyn than anyone else from book 1, which is all I'll say :)

The POV characters are Maeve (Bronwyn's sister), Phoebe,
Sierra Elmore
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ugh this is what the gays DESERVE

UPDATE AFTER READING: still what the gays deserve
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
There are spoilers for book one in my review (and the synopsis). Do not read if you haven't read One Of Us Is Lying yet.

This was one of my most anticipated books for 2020 and I knew I had to pick it up right after it arrived. While I loved the first book a bit more, this was still great. I read it all in one day.

We return to Bayview High with some of our old favorite characters and a lot of new ones. This book is told in the perspectives of Maeve who is Bronwyn's sister, Knox, and Phoebe.

Right
Amber (Books of Amber)
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed that. The twist at the end was wonderfully done, even if I was putting the pieces together from the start. McManus is getting to be such a good thriller writer!

• Reputation
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Frostheart
  • Are You Watching?
  • All Your Twisted Secrets
  • Heartstream
  • Not Hungry
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Mr. Nobody
  • I Am Not a Number
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Better Liar
  • I Know You Remember
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 40 languages worldwide.

One of Us is Lying (2 books)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
“How do you make that choice?" I ask almost to myself. "Between what you need and what you want?" I feel like my sister's going through her own version of that. Kris's eyes are on Cooper, too. "You hope they become the same thing, I guess.” 0 likes