Start by marking “Lessons for His Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lessons for His Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #3)

Lessons for His Bride

(Regency Matchmaker #3)

Despite not having a great start in life, Seraphina never gave up hope that good fortune would smile upon her. Just when things are looking most dire for her, she is whisked off to a new life at Primrose Park, home of Lady Tempest Knox and her husband, James.

When it is time for Seraphina to be married, Lady Tempest knows there is only one person up to the task – Lady Amb
Published March 28th 2019 by Blushing Books Publications

To ask other readers questions about Lessons for His Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons for His Bride

Kathy Heare Watts
JUST BE YOURSELF

The third story in the Regency Matchmaker series will once again, having a lady—and a gentleman seeking the matchmaking skills of Lady Ambrosia. She will pair Dr. Lucas Spencer and Miss Seraphina Moon—and this is their story. I will admit that I was laughing out loud many times at the antics and behavior of Seraphina.

The plot will have Seraphina rescued from the greedy clutches of Mrs. Hartpence at her brothel, where she has entered into a contract to sell Seraphina and her virg
Cheryl
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were two very likeable characters in Seraphina and Lucas. Seraphina hadn’t experience a loving upbringing and was more than willing to marry Dr. Lucas Spencer. Seraphina was quite an innocent, despite previously living in a brothel, and depends on Lucas to instruct her in the ways of married life. They have a mutual attraction to each other and seem perfectly suited. Just as things are moving smoothly along, there comes along a previous acquaintance who has his own agenda. This was an ente ...more
Sue
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seraphiana had been raised in a brothel, her guardian the owner…
Seraphina never gave up hope, she always believed that there might be a silver lining at the end of the nightmare she had been raised in however it appeared as though time was running out and she was going to have her innocence sold off by her guardian Mrs Harkness to an odious man Lord Alfred Ross.
Imagine her surprise when an officer visits the brothel and states that her fathers dying wish was that he be her guardian who would en
Jessica
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lessons for His Bride is the third book in the Regency Matchmaker series, but reads well as a stand-alone. Seraphina has always dreamed of a loving husband, but with a less than desirable parentage and upbringing, she doesn’t expect much. Surprised by a change in fortune, she’s taken to a matchmaker and is matched with Lucas, a doctor in a small village, and a man she feels safe around. Is she willing to tell him all of her secrets and can he keep her safe from her past?

This book is so sweet wit
Jane
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lady Ambrosia, Matchmaker to the Discerning once again matches another couple. This time it is Seraphina, an orphan and under the 'wing' of Lady Tempest Knox (Book 1) and her husband James, who is the prospective bride. Lady Tempest and James decide that Seraphina requires to be settled and Lady Tempest along with her mother-in-law Lady Calliope (Book 2) decide that a visit to Lady Ambrosia is essential.
Doctor Lucas Spencer is under siege by the ladies in his locality and decides that he requir
Marcella
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story about Seraphina and the man she is made to marry, Lucas, through a matchmaker. Although she grew up in a brothel, she is not a worldly woman, and she is a virgin. The couple that brings her to live with them, does so as a duty to her dying father. And they are the ones that engage the services of a matchmaker to find her a proper groom. When the prospective groom informs her that their marriage will contain domestic discipline, that idea of a stern husband thrills the ...more
Rjr
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lessons for His Bride Is book 3 in the Regency matchmaker series and it's another gem! This time we explore the story of Serphina, a young woman who has had a tough early life, and her "match" Dr. Lucas Spencer. Dr. Spencer has his own reasons for wanting to marry and Serphina, who is guardian to Colonel St, Clair, is a handful who everyone believes needs the guiding hand of a husband. We met Colonel St. Clair in book 2 in the series. Although this book is a standalone, we get updates on Lady Te ...more
Barbara
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book three in the Regency Matchmaker series a well written story that had me smiling. Seraphina is a headstrong young woman that gets herself into so much trouble. Lady Tempest her guardian contacts Lady Ambrosia, Matchmaker to the Discerning to find a husband for Seraphina. Dr. Lucas Spencer, the most eligible bachelor in the village of Briar Glen is sought after by the mother 's of all the single young ladies he decides to find a wife after he fibs that he is getting married. These two are ver ...more
HEATHER
The doctor's new bride!
by sewsummore

Seraphina is rescued from life of servitude by Colonel St. Clair. Her father had asked him to care for her before his death. Daughter of a harlot she never expected to marry and have a home of her own. The Colonel's wife arranged for a marriage broker, and soon Seraphina was married Dr Lucas Spencer. Their's was a happy marriage however it was not without drama as a spectre from her past abducted her. I enjoyed this regency romance with its stern discipline an
Pico1
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really enjoyable story about two people, Lucas and Seraphina, who meet the day of their wedding but fall deeply in love with each other. She is a naïve girl who has grown up as an orphan; he is a country doctor with a lovely home who wants to get married. The story of how they meet, and how they adjust to marriage when she has no knowledge of what happens in a marriage is really fun to read. Both Lucas and Seraphina are warm and intelligent characters and the problems they encounter as they de ...more
Nancy Nicholson hughes
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like Melinda Barron’s books, you’ll love this series by Celeste Jones. Each book in this series, is read as a stand-alone. I did read the first two, and it was nice revisiting those characters, but this is fine reading by itself.
Seraphina has a good heart, aims to please, but is coarse around the edges, with her potty mouth.
Dr Spencer gets himself in a pickle, and had to find a wife in 2 weeks. He believes in domestic discipline, and hopes to find a woman, agreeable to that condition.
Hi
Kristen Lewendon
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This just might be my favorite in the series. The connection between Seraphina and Lucas sparks from the page in their every encounter. And the intrigue that closes out the book is compelling. This story is a bit of a slower build, and that worked for the book, however I was extremely frustrated with the apparent naiveté of Seraphina. I mean, she grew up in a brothel. I find it extremely difficult to believe that she has no knowledge whatsoever of what goes on between a man and a woman. But othe ...more
Marybeth
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Regency Matchmaker series. It is not necessary to have read the first two to enjoy this book. Seraphina is an orphan that is living in a brothel. The madame wants to sell the virginal girl to the highest bidder. But Colonel St. Clair rescues her and brings her to his home. Eventually she meets the matchmaker Lady Ambrosia to marry. Meanwhile Lucas is a rural doctor and he is tired of the single ladies and mamas of his town trying to get him to marry. He decides to l ...more
Joanie M
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, arc
This book was extremely entertaining. If you read the first two books in the series, then you know that Lady Tempest is a delightfully energetic character and the eccentric Lady Ambrosia is full of surprises. Seraphina is a new, but no less developed character, who is desperate for a chance at a happy life. Despite her dire circumstances she maintains an inspiring hopeful attitude and dares to dream. Her hero is the hard working Dr. Lucas Spencer, who is charmed by her innocence and candor. He i ...more
Anna
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read the other Regency Matchmaker books, you know the general set up and some of the characters. I happen to love that we get to peek in on the past characters (like I generally do), but you could start with this book and not be lost. As for the main characters in this book, I LOVE Seraphina (and adore her name too). She came from very poor circumstances but is so sweet and has spirit. Dr. Spencer was also very likeable and they have a loving, fun relationship. This story is sweet, but ...more
Rosemary
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first book I read by Celeste Jones, it is written a little different then I am use to. I am not sure if this book is her normal writing style or not. The story was a little unrealistic to me - an arrange marriage that happens immediately upon meeting and the couple falls in love by the end of the day. There was not really a lot of romance. I did not really warm up to Lucas, but Seraphina was a sweet lovable character.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntari
D. Archbold
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an enjoyable read. I loved the characters and would have enjoyed learning more about the mysterious matchmaker Lady Ambrosia. She uses her legendary skills to suit Miss Seraphina and Dr. Spencer. There is a lot of steamy scenes as Seraphina and Dr.Spencer explore their new relationship as husband and wife. Hot on their heels is the jilted evil Lord Ross. Well, you just have to read it to find out what happens. I wished the story longer..sigh.

I received a free copy of this book via
ajjmb
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seraphina a is an orphan that has been rescued from a pretty horrible life and quickly finds herself in a new type of atmosphere and married to Dr. Thorpe. I found their beginnings quite charming and adorable. Seraphs a is a wonderful young woman and Dr. Thorpe is a daddy Dom kind of guy. Evil lurks from Seraphina’s past that could destroy her new found happiness though. I really enjoyed this book even though it needs a little too quickly for me. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this b ...more
Eva M
So Good!

I absolutely loved this book. Seraphina is so naively adorable yet she swears like a sailor! I love that she read all the romance novels and then was trying to swoon by putting the back of her hand against her forehead, but couldn’t produce a “worthwhile swoon”.
She made me laughed and yet I felt sad for her as well, as she truly felt she was unworthy to be Lucas wife. Lucas was the perfect man for Seraphina.
Nice to see past characters and loved the chattering between Lady Tempest and La
Che Flaviano
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great match

A good historical, romantic and steamy read. Great character development as well as great chemistry between the main characters. I'm not much into corporal punishments though, but this was just mild compared to some that I read. This is the third book in the series and I am going to read the first two, since I kinda liked the plot with this one, and we'll see what is in store with the previous two.

Sandy
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored the name Seraphina Moon and the character an innocent with a naughty mouth was the best. In true regency romance fashion, this story has your love interest and your nasty villain. Dr. Lucas Spencer was a great hero strict and lovable all in one package. When Seraphina first meets Lady Ambrosia was priceless and that is just the first scene that will catch your eye. It was a fun read. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Margaret Corcoran
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this author and this is a well written intersting story. The characters are believable and well rounded. The scenes are realistic. I liked Seraphina, she is honest and sweet. Lucas is a real good match for her. Lady Ambrosia still surprises. It's a shame that there is not someone like her in todays world! I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book and I highly recommend it. Well worth the read.
Lori
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.  The third installment in the Regency Matchmaker series,  Seraphina and Lucas' story.  A small town doctor and an innocent girl raised in a brothel.   He is tired of single daughters being thrown in his face and she is headed for her mother's life.  Romance with sensual love, discipline and a few wrenches thrown in.
Tammy
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seraphina did not have it easy growing up but never gave up hope her life would get better. She ends up being married to a handsome Doctor. However, he plans to discipline her as he sees fit. Sparks fly between the two but Seraphina has a secret, will it tear them apart? Fast-paced read with plenty of drama, suspense and steamy chemistry. I was hooked from beginning to end.
Renee
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now this is a sweet story. I have enjoyed all the matchmaker books but this is now my favorite. Seraphina is such a character and wow, can I have someone like Lucas? Please? He goes from not being sure he wants a wife to Seraphina... the poor man. The ladies were a hoot as usual and somehow Seraphina just fits right in with them, in spite of her beginnings.
Debra
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love her books never a dull moment and always a pager turner for me please read you will enjoy the fast pace of this book I read it in a day now I off to her library I believe I miss one book. Happy reading wishing you much success in all you do. D.H from New York City 4/9/2019
Tami
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lessons for His Bride is book three of the Regency Matchmaker series. Each book can be enjoyed as a standalone read. I liked following Lucas and Seraphina's life. The story was interesting with great characters and wickedly steamy scenes. I loved the book.
Toni L
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read all of the books in the Regency Matchmaker series I have to say that this is my favourite. The characters were great, the story moved along at a nice pace, & provided a nice bit of drama as well. This was an easy, enjoyable read that delivered on the emotion. Loved it
Gaynor Jones
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Right there Dr.

A sensual regency romp involving a girl with a questionable background and a Dr on the run from a bevy of determined women. A good story with a little spanking.
E&A Book
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and beautiful romance. I loved every word and it ledt me wanting more.
USA Today bestselling author Celeste Jones is known for writing highly entertaining erotic romance featuring headstrong heroines and stern yet loving heroes who aren't afraid to take a naughty woman over their knees. When she's not writing, she enjoys travel, reading and dancing like no one is watching.

Regency Matchmaker (4 books)
  • His Tempestuous Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #1)
  • His Mischievous Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #2)
  • His Bargained For Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #4)