Start by marking “The Quest for Carbonek (Pendragon's Heir #2)” as Want to Read:
The Quest for Carbonek (Pendragon's Heir #2)

The Quest for Carbonek

(Pendragon's Heir #2)

A lost princess. A daredevil knight. A quest like no other.

They say that Blanche is King Arthur’s daughter. But only Queen Guinevere knows that for sure—and she’s not telling.

To prove herself as the king’s rightful heir, Blanche must travel to the lost castle of Carbonek as the guardian of the mysterious Holy Grail. But Carbonek houses many secrets—some of which could
Published April 15th 2019 by Bocfodder Press

To ask other readers questions about The Quest for Carbonek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quest for Carbonek

Start your review of The Quest for Carbonek (Pendragon's Heir #2)
Becca
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars

Well, that was a weird ending. My solution is to immediately start reading the next book.

Once I start a Pendragon's Heir book, it's very difficult for me to lay it down and do something else -- let alone think about something else. Obviously, this series has a pretty good plot. But the characters seem flat. This is probably just a personal preference, but I like knowing what the characters are thinking and feeling. I have trouble taking them seriously when I only find out what
English
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Quest for Carbonek is the second in a three book series by Suzannah Rowntree. Its a retelling of the Arthurian Legends from the perspective of the King's daughter, Blanche. In the last novel, Blanche was a young woman in 19th century England, who discovered she was the daughter of the legendary monarch who was set through time and space to save her from the evil sorceress, and enemy of Camelot, Morgana la Fay.

In this second installment, Blanche has returned to the mythical ancient Britain k
Robyn Fellows
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
King Arthur retelling?

We’ve all read fairy-tale retellings, but this is the retelling of the beloved legend of King Arthur and his knights! I was really amazed at how much I love these books. She stays close to the story and even the sweet beauty of the devotion of the old stories. I’ll admit that I was moved to tears and inspired to greater faith by this series. Thank you, Suzannah Rowntree for a wonderful read!
Meg
I felt like this had potential (I mean dragons, Knights, Giants, an evil queen - sounds great doesn't it) but honestly instead I felt disconnected from the characters & story. I felt confused as to what was happening at times. Overall it wasn't bad though. ...more
Rachel
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than the first

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. There's something odd about the writing that I can't put my finger on. Sometimes passages just don't make sense, and it doesn't flow well. Blanche is still not a solid character to me, but I did enjoy it.
D.L. Boyles
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Book two was not my favorite book in the series, but I still enjoyed the story and the snippets of information gained about Morgan and King Arthur.
Rebecca Garrett
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Boring

It's a bit boring and hard to get into. So many times I had to reread a paragraph because it changed scenes so quickly I felt like I missed a chunk of the story.
Julia
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh! Yes!

Oh, la, sir, shouldst thee have me tarry when more of this wondrous tale awaits? My eyes shine with the stars this telling put there, and I canst wait no longer!
Sarah Jayyn
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, trilogies, 2020
Honestly, how DARE!? What are you trying to do to me by ending the book like that!! Now I have up stay up all night reading the next one!🙈
Winter
Ehaha.....why??? My emotions......*cries into pillow*
Lisa Whitehead
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I found this such a hard read.
The story is interesting, the characters too, but much of the writing just seemed non-sensical, and the plot less of a line and more like pick up sticks!
Dion
Micki
Aug 04, 2020
Marti Switzler
May 16, 2019

• The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Soot and Slipper
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • The Queen's Crown (Court of Midnight and Deception #3)
  • Crown of Moonlight (Court of Midnight and Deception #2)
  • Dawn of Darkness (The Riven Kingdoms #3)
  • Between Walls (The City Between #6)
  • Brine and Bone
  • Sea of Starlight (The Riven Kingdoms #2)
  • Forest of Firelight (The Riven Kingdoms, #1)
  • A Goose Girl (Entwined Tales, #1)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa, #3)
  • The Land of the Undying Lord (The Infinite World, #1)
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
  • Between Cases (The City Between, #7)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
Hi! I live in a big house in rural Australia with my awesome parents and siblings, writing historical fantasy fiction. You can visit me online at https://suzannahrowntree.site

​If you like the mythic fantasy of Stephen Lawhead, S. A. Chakraborty or Naomi Novik, you'll probably like my stories too!

GOODREADS FRIEND POLICY: I'm afraid I don't accept every single friend request I receive, unless we alr

Pendragon's Heir (4 books)
  • The Door to Camelot (Pendragon's Heir #1)
  • The Heir of Logres (Pendragon's Heir #3)
  • Pendragon's Heir