Start by marking “Survive and Conquer” as Want to Read:
Survive and Conquer

Survive and Conquer

Newton DeSantis was on the ground when the towers collapsed on 9/11. Though he still carries the scars on his body and his heart, he’s determined to ease some of the world’s suffering. Now a social worker and father to two children with special needs, he’s doing his best. But when one of his cases needs a good lawyer, Newton turns to Chase for help.

Family law attorney Chas
Published July 9th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Survive and Conquer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survive and Conquer

Becca
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, I don't know where to start. I guess I need to start with triggers. This deals with a hell of a lot, but it's worth it. There is sexual child abuse, although not described in detail, bigotry, homophobia, special needs children, 9/11 survivor and all the health and bueracracy that entails, family law cases, and social work dealing with children. There are flashbacks and nightmares and if any of this triggers you, please be careful.
I do have to say this is one hell of a book. I am truly
Jenny Wood
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Siiiiiigh, how I love this author and his way of writing the sweetest dads.

In this one, we meet Newton, who was on the ground when the towers were hit on 9/11, and he did his part to help in the way that he could and was injured from it, not only physically, but mentally as well. Having flashbacks is almost as bad as his scarred foot and constant pain, causing him to limp with a cane. He’s forty-two and has adopted two of the cutest, well-behaved kids, a boy and a girl that also has physical han
Kirstin
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Andrew Grey writes, you know you are going to get a well planned, well executed romance with an HEA and this story provides it all.

Newton is in his 40's, has two adopted children, a bum foot and a social worker job he loves. When he needs an attorney for a client, his persistence pays off when Chase agrees to meet his client for dinner.

Chase, a family law attorney, has no time for dating. He's on the fast track to partner at his firm and he needs to get to where he can pick his own cases i
Natosha Wilson
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear with each and every book that I read of Andrew Grey’s, I am always amazed at how good the books are. Then I read this book, and I have to be honest I was completely blown away. This book is one of those books that will pull on every emotion you have for pretty much the each and everyone of of the main characters, not only the two main characters but also the two kiddos that are involved as well. This book was definitely adequately named for everyone involved that is for sure!!

Newton is a
Jenn
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one of my very favorite books by Andrew Grey, I absolutely loved it! Survive and Conquer hit every mark for me, it made me laugh, it made me cry, it broke my heart and then it made my heart absolutely soar!

Newton is a 9/11 survivor, a social worker and a father to two special needs kids, it’s not an easy life but he loves it. He puts everything he is into Rosie and Eric and his job, sure he lives in pain from injuries sustained on 9/11, but that’s not what is important in life
Amy Dufera
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andrew Grey's Survive and Conquer is a compelling and riveting romance. Classic Andrew Grey, it's wonderfully written, with a great storyline and fantastic characters.

This is a story of priorities and goals. It's a story of two men on opposite sides of the fight for people's rights. Chase, a lawyer, who can't always fight for what he wants, and who can't always fight the way he wants. And Newton, a social worker for families, who's only interest is helping people.

Together they're a fantastic cou
MariF
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought that Andrew Grey got too predictable, he comes up with this book.
It hit too close to home, I used to work a couple of blocks off WTC and was an eyewitness to collapse of both towers and the work of first responders.
Most of them did not wear masks and got sick with all types of cancers and health issues. it's painful that bureaucracy tries to cut off on healthcare funding and victim programs.

Hooray to author who tackled all these issues, along with child abuse and molestation,
Aerielle
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great story by Andrew Grey. Newton and Chase are both dealing with demons from their past. Newton is struggling with PTSD, while dealing with the stress of working as a social worker and being a father to two special needs children. While Newton seems a bit meek he starts of the story almost bullying Chase, a well respected attorney into helping him with one of his cases. Chase is so understanding and sweet with the children. Like most of Andrew’s stories there is some drama stirred up b ...more
Cathy Brockman
As Usual Andrew Grey knocks another out of the ballpark. I loved everything about this story. I was drawn in since it was an age gap story and that is one of my favorite themes. Both Chase and Newton were so well developed. So unique and so easy to love that I was captivated. Then we had two special needs children and that made the story more adorable!
All I can say is if you like MM Romance, May/December and children and a great romance you gotta read this!
Serena Yates