Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 3 (Imbalance, #3)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 3 (Imbalance, #3)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 3

(Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance #3)

Team Avatar faces their most dangerous foe yet as the bender vs. non-bender conflict turns into an all-out war in this action-packed conclusion to the Imbalance arc!

While Aang grapples with a life-changing decision that only he can make as the Avatar, Toph and Katara implore him--from opposite sides--to choose a path. Meanwhile, Ru and Yaling concoct a fiery ploy to get
Published October 1st 2019 by Dark Horse Books (first published September 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 3 (Imbalance, #3)
Manisha
This comic series had everything: action, humour, friendship, teamwork, and most of all an in depth discussion about bigotry as well as the birth of extremism. I’m glad that these comics are used as a medium to conquer real world issues, as the animated series did exactly that. Prejudice and elitism go hand in hand, and this story really shines the light on that through the Benders vs. Non-Benders conflict.

And I couldn’t help but notice… I spy with my little eye what I believe is the beginning
jessica ☾
I really love the art style for this comic trilogy, but this was just a very unsatisfying end to a lacking story. I feel like if more time was put into developing the storyline, it would’ve measured up more closely to the other Avatar comics.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
These little pieces of history that fill the year gap between Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra are so cool.

I'll admit that to this point I'm more used to this art style, though I'm still no fan, and can even find it pretty. Though, I wouldn't read the comic just because of it.

Obviously the characters themselves are a great part of why I read these comics.

This particular story-line is cool. Seeing the development of this little city that will become something so much more
Amanda Koger
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this feels so important!!!! this has to be the start of republic city!!! ahhhh. i loved the themes that avatar explores!
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
Good! But not great. The story came to its logical conclusion. There were some great character moments, especially for Sokka, a little less so for Toph. Oh, how well I can hear their voices when I read their dialogue. The art is as sharp as usual, except there seemed to be a lot of panels of head shots with absent background environment, leaving them rather blank-looking.

But now, can we not continue this story any further? There are now quite enough details painfully laid out connecting the
milou  ☕️
“This city needs you."

“I think it needs us."

I've never had any trouble with getting back into this world, maybe because it's one of my favorites to go to, but it's easy for me to continue reading with this serie as if I've never stopped at all. I still remembered everything that was going on vividly even though I finished book 2 in May. I was sucked right back into the drama between the benders and the non-benders.

If we weren't rewarded with images of badass women kicking ass, bending or
Hayley
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nicely wrapped up this little trilogy.
Paprika
evet... bunun bir nevi republic city origin hikayesi olduğunu hepimiz anladık herhalde.

liling’in bükücülüğünün elinden alınmamasına çok sevindim. (ona sevgi beslediğim için değil elbette. ba sing se’nin işgalinde bile suçu non-bender toprak kralına atan, ve ateş lordu için “her güçlü bükücü liderin yapacağını yapıyordu, zayıflıklardan yararlanıyordu” diyen korkunç bir insan.) aang tanrıyı oynamaya kalkmadığı için, hakkaniyetli olmaya çok önem verdiği için memnunum.

(toph’un dövüşürken metal
Alan
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a slow, by my standards, day at work I decided to read. I mean if I'm stealthy enough I won't get caught, and hey I've been waiting for the third part of this series to come out.

Except, I confused Avatar the Last Air Bender with Korra, and oops. I'm reading part three without reading parts one and two (as an aside I am still looking forward to the third part of Korra's Ruins of the Empire).

More so than the Korra books I feel these are aimed at a younger reader. There is nothing wrong with
Mahlon
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
3.5-3.75?

I was excited to see the conclusion of this chapter, *especially* because it explores bender supremacy, non-bender industrialization, extremism, and the struggle for balance. This series did a great job setting up the story in volumes 1 and 2, but this volume felt rushed.

The writers for the Avatar comics LOVE Avatar; it's evident in every page. It's clear through the mature themes, real-world parallels, and respect they pay to the characters. They're excited to create for this
Vicki
When I bought this comic today, the cashier at Barnes and Noble got all excited to see Avatar. I asked if she's ever read the comics, and when she said no, I gave them my highest recommendations.

The final part of Imbalance did not make me feel like a liar, at all.

Probably one of the most painful parts about reading Part Three is how topical it is to what we're dealing with today, and a healthy reminder that someone's privilege isn't the problem, it's their bigotry. That it's not one person who's
Nikki
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, comics
Los cambios en ocasiones no son fáciles y cambiar ciertos prejuicios en las personas será todo un reto para Aang.

Nosotros ya conocemos a que llegó convertirse el pueblo Pez Grulla y está historia demuestra que no fue nada facil, pero incluso así, ya en el primer libro de Korra la búsqueda de Poder absoluto siempre será un continuo problema para el Avatar.

También se observa que Aang marcó un hito en la historia con el apoyo que le dio a ese pueblo y lo que logró convertirla a futuro con ayuda de
Chris Lemmerman
The moral quandary of whether or not he should remove someone's bending serves as Aang's main drive here, as the situation in Cranefish Town escalates, and the non-bender/bender conflict heats up to uncomfortable levels. This feels more like a beginning than an ending, and when you look at it in context, I guess it functions as both. Good fun though - Hicks has picked up the baton of the Avatar books almost without a hitch (the middle volume was a bit shaky), and Waterman's art is more grounded ...more
Jenna
Guadalupe Vazquez
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Es interesante cómo se abarca el tema de la tecnología para "reemplazar" a las personas. Es lo que siempre se creyó y lo que se sigue pensando, mientras más máquinas existan menos personas van a tener trabajo y posiciones. Pero como Sokka dice, la tecnología es algo necesario para la vida diaria y no podemos retener el progreso. Solo tenemos que buscar formas de estar en armonía con ella.
Abigail Jose
This comic was a great conclusion to the Imbalance trilogy. I loved the topic focus of the conflict between the benders and non-benders. Despite this being a comic, this series deals with themes such as prejudice, war, and the struggle morality. Highly recommend!
Heather
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved how Avatar mirrors real life issues. This story was no exception; well done again.
Kendra
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an ending! But is this the end?!?! ...more
Connie
Con todo lo que está pasando en Chile, leer es un alivio y una distracción.
Ariel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know if he took her bending away it would have just made her a martyr. But I was still hoping that it would happen because I was over it lol
Salimbol
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courtney
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good comic

I love the weaving of the two series together. These comics are what I live for. They are so good. I always enjoy returning to this universe.
K
rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 3 (Smoke and Shadow, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 1 (The Rift, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 3 (North and South, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 3 (The Rift, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 (The Rift, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 2 (North and South, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 2 (Smoke and Shadow, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South, Part 1 (North and South, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (The Search, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
Born in the wilds of British Columbia, the young Faith frolicked among the Sasquatch native to the province before moving to Ontario at age five. There she was homeschooled with her three brothers, and developed an unnatural passion for galloping around on horseback, though never without a proper helmet (because you only get one skull). After twenty years of suffering through Ontario’s obscenely ...more

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance (3 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Two (Imbalance, #2)