Start by marking “Toy: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Toy: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 3)

Toy: A Dark Captive Romance

(Original Sin #3)

The Original Sin trilogy continues – step into the sadistic world of America’s most depraved cult to reveal their sinister secrets, wicked games, ruthless desires, and the darkest deception of all…

It started as a twisted game of revenge. Jolie was nothing but my captive toy, bound for punishment and death.
Now I know how wrong I was. She’s everything I ever wanted. Everyt
Published June 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Toy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toy

Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Toy was the perfect finish to Jolie and Mason’s story. It’s action packed, suspenseful, and there’s even a bit of morbid humor. I think a good way to read this series is going in blind, so I don’t want to say too much. Just know that it’s well written, and wraps up so many of the questions that were left in this story.

Coming June 24th!
ARC*
Soscha
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
First thing: if the author doesn't already state this explicitly, there should be a major CW/trigger warning on this book for sexual assault. I'm pretty liberal about this given the context--Yes, it's a DARK romance, but in this case it involves non-eroticized sexual content with the non-hero, so be aware.

Okay, that out of the way: Yeah, this is dark, and one heck of a trip. Jolie and Mason finally get their HEA, finally, but they have to go through the equivalent of a screamer roller coaster th
Magali
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
End of the story full of action, twists and turns
Caution spoiler part 2
I found this last part excellent, which is always well written, with excellent characters and is full of action, twists. On the other hand, some parts are always difficult to read.
Mason was shot, but he does not die. Now that Jolie is certain that the men of her father's sect are still active, Mason and her, decide to find out who denounced them before, and to find the sect. But its ramifications are extensive, and it's hard
Kim Whitehead
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable series! Twisted and different! Exciting and intense!
Tammy
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the dark series and I do recommend reading them in order. Jolie and Mason’s story continues and it is not an easy one. Now that Mason knows how he really feels can he save her in time? This is a fast-paced read with lots of twists and turns, plenty of drama, suspense and emotion. This entire read has so much depth to it I was hooked from beginning to end. I loved it!
Amy
Trilogy ends with love, retribution and a manhunt

The third and final book in this dark romance trilogy changes things up, with Jolie and Mason on the same side (at last) and growing closer together. She’s forgiven Mason, but that doesn't mean that everything's OK. Her father and an unknown number of cult members are alive and targeting Jolie. Their enemies are closing in.

All this gives Mason a definite redemption arc—as far as his relationship with Jolie is concerned. When her life is at stake,
Misty Schott
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolute fantastic ending to this dark twisted trilogy.

Quick note: This is the third book in the Original Sin series and you must read the following books prior to reading this one. Torn (The Prequel for this series), Taken (Book One) and Torment (Book Two); once you've read these then you will be able to fully comprehend and enjoy this book.

Jolie and Mason have been through a lot and it doesn't seem like they are going to be getting a reprieve any time soon if the members of Path of th
HilZie
Shelves: arcs, 2019
Explosive, hard-won HEA (or as much as one can get in their situation. Let's just say it's perfect for them) for this darkly, twisted romance. Jolie and Mason's intense, chaotic journey has been full of suspense, intrigue, tantalizing passion, and uncontrolled chemistry. It's been a whirlwind that has left my emotions reeling often times days after reading one of the books in the series and this book is included. It will haunt your thoughts after you read it, like a flash in the dark. So glad I ...more
Rhonda Hicks
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jolie and Mason have literally been through hell together but their story isn't finished until you read the "Toy." Stella Hart has taken us through every step of this journey and, if you've been following along - waiting on this one, you won't be disappointed. This one turns into a mystery of sorts and previously unknown stories and explanations come from unlikely and astonishing sources. My heart hasn't slowed down yet but it will, eventually, when it catches up with my brain that this story h ...more
Treasa
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Darn INTENSE!
This series started off strong and dominating always shocking me from one explosive twist to the next and the Toy continues to bring an impacting punch with danger, fear and more violence making it incredibly hard to put down. A whirlwind of emotions with tantalizing dark chemistry and some forced brutal interactions that was hard to read but made this story all the better for it. A perfect HEA ending to this horror riddled read that finally lifted the dark cloud that hovered thr
Stephanie Ditmore
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing end to this series. Jolie and Mason have been through the ringer. Their story is intense, dark and twisted. We get the answers we are looking for and can these two survive the cult as they come back for one of their own? No spoilers from me. Loved this book, I recommend this book and series to everyone. This series was a little out of my realm, but I am so glad I took a chance on it and pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy these two. I reviewed an advanced reader copy of this ...more
Sharon
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third part to this story, and it was absolutely brilliant! The author has done it again and released an amazingly dark mesmerizing and deliciously addictive plot. The writing is perfect and drew me in from the first paragraph. The characters are not perfect, even the ones I was rooting for had their flaws and darkness. You have to read this from the beginning of the series as you do not want to miss a single word of this wonderfully written story.

I received a free copy of this book v
Gladys
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jolie and Mason's dark and twited story reaches its epic conclusion in this the third book of this series. You must read books one and two first to get the complete story and have full understanding of the characters and events of the story. Wow, what a gripping, raw, intense and suspenseful journey this has been. Please be aware that there is a lot of possible trigger content included. So if that is a concern for you, I suggest you forgo these books. The tension, drama, brutality and nerve rack ...more
Andrea
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great ending to the Original Sin series— this book continued on with the dark and twisted tale of Jolie and Mason as they again took on the evil of the remaining men of the New Eden cult. Enlisting the help of Detective Beck and several seemingly unlikely allies, the couple is faced with their ultimate test of strength and perseverance as individuals and as a couple. This final chapter of Ms. Hart’s Original Sin series is packed with drama, suspense and a love tested over and over by years of ...more
R.K. Tejaswi
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect ending for the most loved series

Stella Hart has given a prefect ending for the love story of Mason and Jolie in the last book of Original Sin Trilogy. I was spellbound when I read the book, the way Mason loves Jolie and how he finds and kills everyone who had taken her, has proved his love for her. Also whatever struggles she comes across Jolie, the way she believed he will come to save her, proves her trust on him. Wonderful story amazing finish. I loved it.

I received a free copy of th
Maria
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Perfect in all it's dark glory

This is a perfect conclusion to Jolie's and Mason’s story. It was less dark than the other two parts but extremely suspenseful and action packed. Truly perfect writing and thought through plot. One hell of page turner. I don't want to spoil or give anything away but if you read previous parts this is a no brainer that you would want to know how the story goes. And if you didn't and you love dark romance don't think twice and just dive deep into this cruel, dark, dep
RoseyLovesBooks
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mason Ashwood is in love with Jolie Chastain and the feeling's mutual but life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. As long as the rest of the cult is still out there, they will keep sending guys to kidnap Jolie. And the cult has the money and connections to take Jolie away from Mason. Will Mason and Jolie get their HEA?

Toy is the action-packed, suspenseful and brutal ending to the Original Sin series that you won't be able to put down
Cheryl
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down, it kept me on the edge of my seat.
Although it's not for everyone, some of the scenes were violent and difficult to read, if you've got this far in the series you should be aware of that already.
It had a gripping storyline which I did not predict. Mason and Jolie have many more challenges to face.
I had to suspend disbelief a little at the end, but for me that is what reading is about in the first place, to escape into a different world.
Lisa Hill
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nobody writes dark romance quite like this author. The conclusion to this trilogy proves just that.

Mason and Jolie set out to put an end to the cult’s hold on them once and for all. Persuading a local cop to help them makes all the difference as they realise the cult’s influence is still a force to be reckoned with.

As usual, the twists, the turns, the sheer inventiveness of this story had me in its thrall; it’s a real page turner. It’s a difficult subject, dealing with a cult and all the abuse o
T
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought it couldn't get any more intense...Holy Spitballs! Again DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE TRIGGERS!! And this contains a ton of them!!
This was a perfect ending to the story. The snitch shocked me and it didn't shock me. The final showdown was perfect...and Beck's involvement was great!
This was definitely a very hard won HEA, but oh so worth it!

Mawgan Dipple
Shelves: arc-reads
As the final part to this twisted dark story continues, Mason and Jolie are thrown into my turmoil as the cult revival sets the couple on a dark and dangerous road to their worst fears.
Mason will do what he has to, to save and protect the woman he loves. While Jolie survives on faith alone that her man will somehow find her again. A brilliant ending to this epic tale.
Kim Wijnja
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow .. this last part was really a blast .. I just have no words for it .. so intense and dark .. all in all a very good series .. although it is not for everyone, you really have to love the dark. from me 5 stars .. a very good ending.

Linda
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phew. Is the cult still thriving? Are Mason and Jolie's lives going to be threatened once again? If you want an amazing, non-stop action, suspense romance, Original Sin will take you on an intense journey. Love is so strong!!! Jolie is so darn brave! Mason, an amazing man! I'm so darn thankful for Beck! I absolutely loved this book! It was very hard to put down!
Gaynor Jones
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hold on!

Jolene and Mason's story continues on it's dark path. The twists and turns are mind boggling and there are lots of triggers so be warned. This is a gripping, dark read that will pull you into their story deeper than ever and take you on a intruiging ride. What would you do for love?
Debbie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this trilogy although I like dark reads this was probably pushing a little too dark in the abuse for me, the conclusion to the cult storyline was a bit too over the top BUT this was still a very enjoyable trilogy 😁
Belinda Hayes
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great conclusion to Mason and Jolie's story! In this book we get so many questions answered but they still have one more obstacle to overcome. So much suspense, absolutely loved it!

Guy's Girl
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Story
The final installment is a page turner. This book, along with the entire series is one epic scary adventure after another. It is so riveting it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Original Sin is a must read!
Ri
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

While this story answered all my questions and then some, it lost a little oomph in the storytelling. At times it lacked the cohesiveness and the dialogue seemed immature and stilted. However, I still enjoyed the fact that it gave me the closure of a great trilogy.
Nate
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't get enough of Mason & Jolie's story. This is part 3... Wow!!! Kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more. Wonderful series. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book via booksprout.
Michelle
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Toy is a well written, intense, dark romance filled with suspense, action and unexpected dark twists that pulled me into the story. After everything Mason and Jolie go through that ending was the perfect way to conclude their story. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Stella Hart is the dark romance pen name of Alessandra Hart. She loves animals, red wine, and rainy days where she can curl up inside and plot new books instead of having to go out.

Original Sin (3 books)
  • Taken: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 1)
  • Torment: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 2)