Start by marking “Torment: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Torment: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 2)

Torment: A Dark Captive Romance

(Original Sin #2)

The Original Sin trilogy continues – step into the sadistic world of America’s most depraved cult to reveal their sinister secrets, wicked games, ruthless desires, and the darkest deception of all…

MASON
Jolie Chastain should’ve known better than to betray a man like me.
She thought she was safe. She thought no one else knew her darkest secret. But I’ve been here all along
Published May 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Torment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torment

Melanie (mells_view)
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens after the cult.

This is essentially what happens for Jolie and Mason after the cult is broken up. It’s where the whole captive romance really takes off. Mason has gone from good guy to the bad guy we met at the end of the prologue. Jolie has answers that he needs and he knows exactly how to get them from her. This book isn’t pretty, but we do find some things out and we learn that everything isn’t as it seems.

All in all a good addition to this series and one I enjoyed more than the p
Stephanie Ditmore
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are back with Mason and Jolie and she has done the unspeakable and has betrayed him. He will never forgive her, he will inflict his pain on her and she will take it. Jolie will never be free of Mason, he wants to rule every aspect of her life, she should be very afraid but the pain he gives her ignites a fire in her belly and her body betrays her every time. Mason will stop at nothing until he’s broken Jolie and shattered her life. Will these two survive the feelings that are bubbling to the ...more
Tammy
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I do recommend reading them in order. Mason and Jolie’s story continues. This is a dark and intense read with loads of drama and suspense. A roller coaster ride of emotions as you are drawn into the characters pain. I was hooked from beginning to end. I loved it!
Renee
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Booksprout to review.

Mason: Jolie Chastain should've known better than to betray a man like me. She thought she was safe. She thought no one else knew her darkest secret. But I've been here all along, lurking in the sadows, and I know exactly what she did. She'll pay for her sins when I take her and make her confess. I'll be her night mare. I'll control her every move. Her every word. I'll own her pleasure and her pain, and by the time i'm done with her, she
R.K. Tejaswi
More Pain and Torment

The story starts in present after 8 years from where Taken has ended with Jolie leading a free life with PTSD from the New Eden and Mason stalking her after surviving the bomb plant by Jacob (Jolie's Dad). First two chapters go by what happened in the lives of Jolie, Mason and New Eden Sadistic, after the exposure of New Eden.

In Taken's prologue there was glimpse of Jolie being Mason's captive and how he claiming her killed his family and she was shocked to know what she di
Magali
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, but very, very hard to read
Attention spoiler of the book 1
Once again Stella Hart has managed to make me read his story as we watch a horror movie: we hide our eyes, but we want to know more.
It is extremely hard, violent 3/4 of the book, but also surprising, unpredictable by the turn of events that make it remains a very dark romance, with hints of sectarian conditioning, while still remaining a romance.
8 years after being released by the FBI from the sect of her father who ran away, J
Misty Schott
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is more intense and twisted than the first one!!!!

Just a note: This book is book two in the Original Sin series. Please be sure to read the prequel, Torn and book one, Taken before reading this book or you will be lost. Also this book does end on a heart stopping cliffhanger and I can't wait for book three, Toy.

Eight years ago Jolie Chastain and all the other innocent members of the Path of the Covenant cult were rescued by the FBI. All thanks to the effort of Jolie and Mason, but Joli
Maria
Shelves: reviewed
Cruel, ferocious and utterly heartbreaking - fantastic read!

He thought getting revenge by inflicting pain was all he wanted. That getting his hands on Jolie will give him peace of mind and allow him to reconcile his past and get rid of pain and relief heartbreak. He couldn't be more wrong.
In the second part of trilogy Jolie and Mason are dealing with aftermath of exposing the cult to the public. They are trying to work through trauma they suffered. And now it is even darker, crueller more painfu
Zelda
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the Original Sins trilogy & they must be read in order. Torment starts eight years after the dramatic final events of Taken. I can't say much about Jolie & Mason because there is no way I want to spoil this dark goodness for anyone. Trigger warnings-some parts of this story are brutal. There is some major change in the characters, and the story reveals what they have gone through in the past, both in terms of events and emotions. I was so ambivalent about sections of ...more
Soscha
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was on the fence with the first book in the "Original Sin" series, because the darkness level was a bit past my personal comfort level but I'm glad I took a chance on the next entry.

It's still plenty dark, but the actual things that would personally be a no-go for me are mostly handled "off page"---you know they've happened, but you're not personally witness to them in the narrative.

There is very little of actual sex here---this is more deeply emotion erotica, and in that it offers quite the
Treasa
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Crap! SPEECHLESS...not!👍👍👍👍👍
My husband thought for sure I had finally lost it. I was screaming profanities and throwing my kindle and slamming my fists into the mattress while he was sleeping. Too damnn bad. I was ticked off in shock and needed to vent from the brutality this fantastic well written read kept putting me through. Dark and dripping in non-stop brutal twisted revenge plagued the entirety of the storyline. A vacation infused with cruel torture taking you straight into the hands
Lisa Hill
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better. Torment starts in the present day, some eight years after the cliffhanger ending of Taken, the first book in the series.

Jolie is trying to make her way through life, some times more successfully than others. She’s been receiving strange notes, which she assumes are from her cranky neighbour.

When Mason Attwood reappears in her life, she’s shocked. She thought he’d died years ago. She realises all the weird things happening to her are because of him. He th
Amy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mason's payback isn't going exactly as planned

Mason’s been waiting for years to get his hands on Jolie again. He’s put A LOT of time, money and thought into abducting her and holding her captive. He wants to make her pay for her role in the worst day of his life. He wants to hurt her. Ruin her. Make her do all the dirty, dirty things he’s been fantasizing about, whether she wants to or not.

But it’s not going exactly as planned. She’s not reacting the way he expected. Something is off, but he is
RoseyLovesBooks
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mason Ashwood survives a revenge hit for taking down a cult but his family weren't so lucky. Mason will never forgive those responsible for hurting his family and doesn't believe the story about the cult leaders dying in a plane crash. Mason has no idea where the cult leaders are but he's going to get them back if it's the last thing he does and he starts the ball rolling by kidnapping the prophet's beautiful daughter Jolie Chastain, the woman who betrayed him. Note: this story ends in a cliffha ...more
Andrea
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, this series keeps getting better with each book! Torment picks up several years after the fall of New Eden cult and the cliffhanger ending of the first book. Again, we get insight into where life has taken both Mason and Jolie from dual points of view. Be warned that the darkness of this story is as dark, if not darker, than what occurred while they were living underground as members of New Eden. This book is intense and fast-paced and truly nothing is quite what it seems, further adding ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the next book in the series and Mason has Jolie right where he wants her or do he? He is determined to break her until she doesn't know where she begins or ends. His cruel and sadist punishments only incites Jolie who now hungers for him. In the end who is in control Mason or Jolie? This story of cults and their on goings will have you drawn into the story and hold you captivated until the last page.

Tiffany
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was even better and more intense than the prequel or book one. It had me on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to put it down, even when I had to. Beware, the storyline is dark and definitely won't be for everyone. However, if you like dark and twisted stories, i would recommend this series. Just make sure you read them in order. I can't wait to see where Jolie and Mason end up in book three.
*I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a revi
Rhonda Hicks
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Stella Hart has left me with a pile of tissues in the trash can next to me, my heart pounding and my hands shaking by the time I finished this book. I'm not sure I can convey the amount of emotion this book will wring from it's reader. It's dark, powerful, gritty, sad, heartbreaking, and awe inspiring all at the same time. And once more it ends on a HUGE cliffhanger that I can't wait to see what she does with, because it broke my heart, truthfully.

I received a free copy of this book
Sharon
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant story with wonderful characters. I advise readers to read Taken before reading this book, so you understand the history of what is happening. It does end on a cliffhanger and there are possible triggers in this as it’s a dark romance. I can’t wait for the next book to find out what happens to these characters. This is a book that you shall want to start reading when you are sitting comfortably as you won’t want to get up and move till you have finished reading the book! I rec ...more
Cheryl Frias
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg he’s so pissed off at Jolie he thinks she is responsible for the killing of his complete family. What a sick twisted story very tragic. The cult is really evoke and sick and demented. He will get his revenge on all the men of the cult whom was suppose to be milked in a plan crash. Wow what a surprise there not dead 💀. Mason is going to punish Jolie for her part in there deaths a very cruel punishment. Only to find out later she had nothing to do with it. It all was a set up. Very good read k ...more
Mawgan Dipple
Shelves: arc-reads

This was the next instalment of this series bringing everything up to present date, filling in all the details I craved from the previous two books. Mason was dark and sadistic in his revenge, as Jolie believed he was just in his torment. This was a great read where you hoped things would turn around but they just cant. Each was missing the other all those years apart but just not knowing the truths blinded them in to guilt and hatred. Can't wait for book 3 now.
Debbie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all I can’t believe I missed the release of this book, I loved part one and then when book 3 arrived in the arc files, I realised I had missed book 2! Of course I HAD to read it straight away 😉 great storyline, got to admit to being a bit not sure how I feel about all the abuse but of course moving straight onto book 3 😁
Michelle
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torment is book two of the Original Sin trilogy and Mason and Jolie's dark, twisted romance continues captivating me. This book starts eight years after the collapse of the cult and took me on a dark and sometimes disturbing ride but I loved every crazy twist along the way. I can't wait to read the rest of this deliciously gritty story. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Kim Wijnja
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
wow .. the first part was already intense .. but this part is certainly also known. I really enjoyed this story again.
the second part is more emotional than the first. the main characters are again well described and a good continuation of the first part of the series. from me therefore 4 stars

Gladys
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in Mason and Jolie's story and things are getting hotter and even more intense. This book is one that just pulls you in, keeps you on edge and has you desperate to keep reading. The emotional turmoil is thick as Mason and Jolie continue their complex dance of anger, desire, pain and pleasure. This book will not be for everyone, but if you enjoy dark romances, I highly recommend you check out this incredible series. Of my own choice I am posting a sincere review.
T
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy...just holy...at a loss for words. That was evil, dark, nasty, and horrible! I can't wait for the next one!!
There are a TON of triggers in this book...don't read it if you are sensitive to very dark reads.

Ri
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell

This story is not only insane but is getting so good. I wasn't expecting all these twists and turns. I'm so glad I stuck it out with the first part of book 1 because had I not I'd be missing a great second part.

Ends on a whopper of a cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what happens with Jolie and Mason next.
Guy's Girl
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting And Heart-Wrenching
What an amazing story! The way Stella weaves a story with such complex twists and turns is completely enthralling. I will be waiting with bated breath for the finale.

Tiffany
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation to this dark series. This book picks up right where the other left off. You will get some questions answered and have more unanswered questions. You will be guessing with everything since sometimes things are different from how they look.
Jwink
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

Story picked up right after book one and it gripped me back to the cult world! I loved how these two characters played off each other! I can’t say more without spoiling it but you need to read this after you read the first one
Stella Hart is the dark romance pen name of Alessandra Hart. She loves animals, red wine, and rainy days where she can curl up inside and plot new books instead of having to go out.

Original Sin (3 books)
  • Taken: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 1)
  • Toy: A Dark Captive Romance (Original Sin Book 3)