Start by marking “The Assignment (Massey Security Duet, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Assignment (Massey Security Duet, Book 1)

The Assignment (Massey Security Duet, Book 1)

Wallowing in grief for too long can be hazardous. It’s why I allowed my brother to talk me into accepting a new client.
Our security firm needed the money, and the endorsement from a famous director could steer our company to new heights.
Then his daughter walked in, the woman I’d be assigned to, and I knew I’d made a huge mistake.
She was a spoiled socialite who only cared
1, 320 pages
Published May 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assignment

Start your review of The Assignment (Massey Security Duet, Book 1)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Assignment by S. Nelson is the First book in the Massey Security Duet.
Owen and Ford Massey are Ex-Marines who have went forward to open a Security Company. The brother's have agreed to take on Walter Dessoye as a client. Mr. Dessoye is a famous director who has received threats on his family. So Owen and Ford are to be security detail for his daughters Emily and Cara. Owen who is more the easy going brother of the two is assigned Emily who is a quiet, by the book girl who like to help out a
Jypsy
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Assignment by S. Nelson is the first part of a duology. The author is new to me, and, fortunately, her work did not disappoint.
Owen and Ford are brothers who own and operate a security firm. They are hired by a wealthy movie producer as protection detail for his two daughters because he has received threats against his family.
Owen, the sober of the two, is basically in charge of the security firm. He keeps it afloat. Ford is grief stricken due to a recent death, and he drowns his sorrows i
Micheala
I received this ARC from the author.

I haven’t read anything else by this author, though I want to, so I was going in blind and taking a chance on someone new to me with a book that sounded amazing. All expectations and more were met!!

Ford and Owen Massey are hired to do high-profile security for the fraternal twin daughters of a rich man who has been receiving threats. Until all is fixed, he wants his daughters protected all the time.

The best part of this book is the characters. Ford and Owen
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, ☆☆☆☆

What’s better than a man forced to do a job he doesn’t want with a girl who feels the same way! Ford and Cara start off hating each other which of course makes for a great read. The back and forth makes a great page turner!
Brittany
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

Let me start with this ends in a cliffhanger, BUT the second book will be out July 8th so you won't have to wait long to get the answers you will desperately want.
The beginning of the book really pulled me in, I was into the direction that it was going, but it started to get a little long winded. Just as I was thinking that I needed to get to the suspense the book takes off. The sexual tension is through the roof and
Nikki  Malan
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Assignment by S.Nelson
Ford and Owen run their own security firm. They have been hired to look after fraternal twin daughters. Their father is a wealthy film director who has been receiving on-going threats about his family. The daughters, Cara and Emily are extremely different, just like the two brothers. Ford is not happy he has landed up babysitting Cara and she is equally not happy about her lifestyle being monitored. After all, she is the wild and crazy party girl. Will she push Fords bu
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
S. Nelson has seriously surprised me with this book. It was addictive and intriguing. I did not expect this. What I did expect was a stand-offish hero forced to be a bodyguard to a spoilt rich girl and later after getting to know her, falling madly in love. Okay, so the character summarizations were basically correct but that was not where the story went.

Ford Massey has just recently lost someone he dearly loved and is buried six feet under grief and guilt. He rather spend his time locked up in
Amy Stephens
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. Nelson never disappoints when it comes to a suspenseful read!

If you're looking for an angst-filled read, then go ahead and one-click this one! The Assignment has that slow-burn feel to it, but that's only because of the buildup that S. Nelson has carefully put together as brothers, Owen and Ford, set out to protect their latest clients' twin daughters, Cara and Emily. The two of them couldn't be more opposite and Owen and Ford are in for a bumpy ride, especially where Cara is concerned.

Cara,
Sassy Southern
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow!!!!! This book was AMAZING!!!! From start to finish I was hooked and dying to know what was going to happen next. I absolutely loved these characters and was drawn right into the story line.

This book starts out intense and heartbreaking. Right away we are thrown into a tragic moment in Ford's life and this really helps to understand why he is the way he is when dealing with Cara.

This book really does have it all. There is great chemistry between the characters and the banter between t
Nancy VanSpunky Reads
Ford Massey is still trying to deal with the death of his sister when his brother, Owen, rips him from the clutches of depression to work a security detail. If Ford had known it was for a big producer's daughters he would've turned it down. Emily is sweet and volunteers for charities. Her twin sister Cara is a bitchy socialite who has made more than her fair share of drama on social media. Ford is protecting the conceited socialite. She likes to push his buttons. A third threat and a trip to Cal ...more
Kate Bailey
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buy this book right now! S Nelson has created a delicious, forbidden, enemies to lovers romance that grabbed ahold of me from the first few pages and I'm still thinking about it! At first, I wasn't sure I would like Cara's character, but as the story progressed we get glimpses that Cara has secrets that no one knows and reasons for the way she behaves. I can't wait to find out what those reasons are! And Ford, he was absolutely sex on a stick! The tension between Ford and Cara had my whole body ...more
Latifa Morrisette
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Assignment is book one in the Massey Security duet. Wallowing in grief, Ford gets talk into taking on a new client. Taking on a famous director's high profile and reckless daughter is a challenge within itself. This book is a wild, steamy ride that will leave you hanging and wanting more. I'm definitely interested to see what happens next with Ford and Cara.
Wendy Livingstone
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a duet. Brother’s Ford and Owen are hired security for a high profile case as there are threats issued. Emily and Cora are twin sisters, and as opposites as can be just like the two brothers. Ford is a strict rule abider, and Cara drives him to distraction with her rule breaking. This is a well written flawless story which is intense and with twists. This story does end with a cliff-hanger, and I for one cannot wait to read the second part. I highly recommend this talen ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read this book I was wondering why I don’t read this author more because her writing is fantastic! There are so many twists and turns in this book it kept my head on a swivel. The chemistry between Ford and Cara is explosive but Ford is kept on his toes dealing with Cara’s partying. I can’t wait to see what happens next between Cara and Ford!
April Symes
The Assignment by S. Nelson is the 1st book in the Massey Security Duet. Ford and Owen Massey run their own security firm and have been hired to handle high profile security for a famous movie producer's 24 year old twin daughters, Emily and Cara.
In book 1, we get Ford and Cara's story. Ford is assigned to Cara who was considered the spoiled brat while Emily was considered the good twin. Ford has to constantly be on watch, protecting Cara from her bad habits which gets him to thinking what made
TheHauteBookworm
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another entertaining read by S. Nelson.
Ford Massey is still reeling from the tragic loss of his sister when he is sent on a new assignment. Along with his brother, he’s the security for two sisters who are under threat. It is unfortunate that the sister Ford is assigned is a famous socialite, A.K.A. spoiled rich diva. So much for the low profile job he was hoping for!

Protecting Cara requires controlling Cara. Something in which even her parents haven’t found success. Cara lives life as she wants
Karen
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story of a spoiled rich girl who does what she wants without considering anyone else’s feelings or the consequences of her actions, and a man who has lost someone dear to him and is dealing with that loss in his own way. Is there more to Cara than what is seen on the outside? Has something happened to make her the way she is?

Cara Dessoye is a spoiled rich girl who is need of protection because she is the daughter of a well-known and highly sought-after producer. She has a twin Emily who is her
Jennifer Pierson
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First let me say, OH MY HELL! Yeah, I'm wrecked by that ending that I won't get into whatsoever, but am still messed up over! S. Nelson is so EVIL for that, as she definitely went out of her way to TRY AND KILL ME DEAD, so yeah, she's on the list of authors TRYING TO KILL ME DEAD, and hash tagged FOREVER, #EW (can't use the actual word anymore for lady of the night because it won't be published, so use your imaginations as I mean it with all of my heart!) Basic rundown, brothers Ford & Owen have ...more
lowkeyreader
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from the author, so I was going in blind, don't know what to expect. But this sounded amazing and it does exceed my expectation.

The Massey brothers were hired to do high-profile security for the fraternal twin daughters of a rich man who has been receiving threats. Until all is fixed, he wants his daughters protected all the time. They were each appointed to each daughter. And Ford was to protect the spoiled brat, Cara, instead of the good daughter, Emily.

Ford and Cara, as
Renee
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wallowing in grief for too long can be hazardous. It is why I allowed my brother to talk me inot accepting a new client. Our security firm needed the money, and the endorsement from a famous director could stter our company to new heights. Then his daughter walked in, the woman I'd be assigned to, and I knew I'd made a huge mistake. She was a spoiled socialite who only cared about herself. She pushed
Lozzie
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Assignment by S. Nelson did not disappoint in the slightest! It was a thrilling read full of sexual tension, and a tension of another kind.

This book was all focus on the story. Thre was nudity and sexual tension in the book, but didn't go beyond that. I loved that because I got to know the characters more, but somehow without giving anything away. The author was very clever with how she wrote the book. It was incredibly smart.

The book also deals with sensitive issues such as addiction. It l
She's a Lip Biter
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warning: This is a definite cliffhanger? How could you do this to us? I need to know what happens now!

Ford and Owen Massey owned their own security services firm, Massey Security Inc., while not a big firm they had a stellar reputation. After experiencing a personal trauma Ford literally fell apart but was pulled back into the job by Owen to help protect some high profile clients, one with a very big attitude too!

Cara and Emily Dessoye, twin sisters, are the new clients but both extremely differ
Beach Bums Romance
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah!!! I have to say I was so pissed when I got to the end of this book, but then I said to myself, that is one of the best books I’ve read this year! Cara is a snotty brat on the outside coming across as a carefree, selfish, socialite but she’s simmering inside from her past, just waiting to break. Ford has hit rock bottom and he’s a complete mess until he gets himself together to take an assignment with his brother for a very wealthy family as security for two sisters. He doesn’t want to take ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Reviewed for She’s A Lip Biter Blog

Warning:This is a definite cliffhanger! How could you do this to us? I need to know what happens now!

Cara and Emily Dessoye, twin sisters, are the new
Lissanne Jones
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is one of those books that grips you from the start and doesn't let up. Ford and Owen Massey are hired to protect the twin daughters of a famous Hollywood producer who's been receiving threats. Ford is assigned to Cara, while Owen will protect Emily. While Emily is a good girl who works with charities and doesn't give her parents any grief, Cara is the exact opposite - throwing tantrums, drinking and doing drugs, and doing everything she can to ditch her bodyguard.

The last thing Ford w
Kara (Rotella Reads)
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4/5 stars! What a seductive, infuriating, stoic read about socialite twin sisters who need security detail due to threats to their family and the sexy brothers who are hired for the job.

The sexual tension between Ford and Cara in this read could be cut with a knife! I didn’t know whether I wanted them to give into each other and get it over with or battle to the death! They were so wrong for each other, but something between them was so palpable and right!

This book was a relatively easy “romance
A. Aubry
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rosanna
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This being my first read from this author I was pleasantly surprised. The story was good the characters were realistic. The situation was believable.

Cara played the part of the snooty rich know it all daughter of a well known movie director. If the author was trying to get me to hate her well she did a great job. She was so obnoxious and self centred I wanted to yell at her for being so immature.
I don’t know how Ford put up with her. I would have shot her myself lol.

Ford the brooding gorgeous
Ellie Jean
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. Nelson never disappoints and The Assignment is no different. It has twists and turns, a great storyline and characters that pull you in. Ford and Cara are relentless and explosive. The ending was a cliffhanger leaving me on the edge and I am cursing you S. Nelson! But in a good way! We won't have to wait long for the next instalment and I can't wait! Thanks for another amazing read.
Shelley
Wow, just wow 😮

S Nelson is by far one of my favourite authors as her books always keep you on the edge of your seat and in massive anticipation❣️This book definitely fulfilled those criteria that I’ve come to expect from her.

Ford and his brother are hired by a renowned wealthy director to look after his two daughters when threats are made against him. However, both daughters are like night and day that is to say Emily is less trouble and her sister, Cara seems to be the one pushing ALL boundari

• Van (Vested Interest, #5)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
  • Keeping Her (Savage Brothers 2nd Generation, #2)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Bash (Kings of Carnage MC, #2)
  • Taking Her Down (Savage Brothers 2nd Generation, #1)
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • Unholy Intent (Unholy Union Duet #2)
  • Into the Storm
  • Cash (Ride: Second Generation, #3)
  • Gunner (Ride: Second Generation, #4)
  • Ties That Bind (Ruthless Sinners MC, #1)
  • Changing Roles
  • Taming Coyote (Devil's Riot MC: Originals #4)
  • Chaos (Kings of Carnage MC, #1)
  • The War (Bratva Blood #2)
S. Nelson grew up with a love of reading and a very active imagination, never putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard until 2013.

Her passion to create was overwhelming, and within a few months she’d written her first novel, Stolen Fate. When she isn’t engrossed in creating one of the many stories rattling around inside her head, she loves to read and travel as much as she can.

She lives in th