Start by marking “Skipped a Beat (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skipped a Beat (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #2)

Skipped a Beat

(Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll #2)

Ryder Kyle is a spoiled, self-righteous jerk.

He doesn’t understand suffering. Entitled guy like him wouldn’t recognize desperation if it smacked him in his perfect face. I don’t need him, but I do need a ride west. I won’t let the guy who reminds me of the mess I left behind interfere with my plan to get to Los Angeles.

This woman is nuts!

People don’t sneak on a tour
Published April 29th 2019

Betül
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

Skipped a Beat was a fun enemies to lovers rock star romance. We already met Jesse Lee and his bandmates in Playing by Heart, and this book focuses on Ryder, who is the drummer, and the son of Cameron Kyle from Fighting the Fall. I loved the connection to the Fighting series, and that the characters from that series made appearances in this book as well. Don't worry though, this book can still be read as a stand-alone. I really loved how the two m
Tracy  C
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED LOVED LOVED IT. Ryder and Jade's chemistry was fantastic. They start out at odds because he is thrown for such a loop that he is constantly putting his foot in his mouth. Jade's background was so sad, but her strength was admirable. And Ryder...was just yummy. His moral compass served him well. Ethan was so funny (looking forward to his book) and Ryders weird dreams peppered through the book were hysterical. The moment when the book title made sense I literally AWWWW'ed out loud. We see th ...more
AJ
5 massive stars!

OMG, this book! It’s everything! It’s funny, sexy, dramatic, emotional, sweet, heartfelt and exciting with a chemistry-filled rockstar romance that completely swept me off my feet. I laughed and cried, and I felt so much for these characters and their story. An amazing read, I freaking loved it!

This book follows on from Playing by Heart which you should absolutely read if you haven’t yet, because it’s a great book! However this book can easily be read as a standalone.

After a ser
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Skipped a Beat is an enemies-to-lovers trope that is a little light on the enemies - which makes it perfect for me. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of antagonistic banter, and fiery shows of temper in the beginning. But it was easy to see that all that fire was masking a deeper burn and I loved the chemistry that sparked relentlessly between Ryder and Jade.

And...ohmygosh y'all. There are not enough stars (or giant heart eyeballs) to convey the awesomeness that is Ryder Kyle. This swoony rock
Stephanie
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-author
Ryder is a great rock star hero!! I would say he definitely falls more into the good-guy category, but the book still has plenty of grit and drama. I enjoyed this book overall. The couple had great chemistry from the beginning but definitely didn't like each other at first, or at least they tried to convince themselves that was the case, so the relationship develops over a little bit of time. For those that have read this author's Fighting series, the quick cameos from the Vegas/MMA crew are a g ...more
Kahea
***5 Stars***

In Playing by Heart, Ryder was one of the two characters I really, really wanted more of, so the grabby hands came out when it was announced that Skipped a Beat was going to be his HEA and I loved every moment of his and Jade’s journey. The eye rolling was real ~ Oh. So. Real. ~ with these two, but so were the swoons and smexyness as well as those moments that had my heart skipping a beat or two!

I adored Ryder and Jade. Ryder has integrity, honor and loyalty branded into every cell
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
JB has done it again. She has stolen my heart with yet another phenomenal book. Skipped a Beat is every bit as juicy and breathtaking as Playing by heart. It is filled with witty remarks, jealousy, possessiveness, tender moments and an insanely hot couple that can’t help but love to hate each other.

We first met Ryder Kyle in Playing by heart. He became the new drummer for Jesse Lee. They are currently on tour when they happen upon a stowaway in their tour bus. Jade is currently homeless and in d
Karja26
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! RYDER IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We first saw Ryder in Fighting The Fall. And boy did we see the potential for his story.

To the outside world he had it all: famous parents, money, social standing, good looks etc but what really goes on behind doors he kept close to his chest.

Fast forward to Playing By Heart (Book1) and Boom we see Ryder again. He's Jesse's new drummer **grin** no complaints from meeeeee cause that could only mean one thing.....OWN BOOK hehehe

Jade is a strong woman
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Skipping Hearts Stars ~

J.B. Salsbury has given us another rockstar romance that is a MUST READ!!

Skipped A Beat is just as great as the first book in this series…Playing By Heart. What I have enjoyed the most about these books is that they are different from most of the rockstar romances out there.

What happens when a stowaway is given the chance to ride with the group across country? Can a simple good deed go along w
Stephanie
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skipped a Beat is an enemies-to-lovers rock star romance. It is full of hot rockers and sassy women. But there are also a few unexpected twists written seamlessly into the story.

Ryder Kyle is the newest drummer in Jesse Lee’s band. Jesse Lee is the singer from Playing By Heart, book #1. Ryder comes from an unusual family. He may appear rich and cocky but his heart is so good! His defenses are high and he likes his privacy. He also has a secret or two. He is incredibly swoony, sexy and charming!

J
Piper Reagan
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My love for Ryder Kyle started way back in his teen years where he made his debut in JB Salsbury's FIGHTING THE FALL. He was a teenager at the time, but his love for music and crazy skill set had you already seeing his future. Fast forward to Playing by Heart, where we meet full grown, and full of sex appeal Ryder, and it took about two seconds to know that this man needed his own book. ;)

Ryder, born and raised with everything we refer to as the "American Dream" aka, money, looks, talent, oppor
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Oh my word! Oh my Heart!! This book is EVERYTHING! And I mean everything! I love Jesse, don’t get me wrong... he will always be my number 1 guy, but Ryder came in and almost stole his throne. Ryder is completely swoon worthy, he is everything you want in a book boyfriend. He is so sweet, so caring, and put his foot in his mouth more often than not. Bless him!
Jade is a force! She is strong, determined, and she broke my heart into a tiny million pieces. Oh my goodness, her story made me cry!

This
Millie Bedat
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone and their mother
Ok, let me just say this book is totally " balls to the wall" amazing!!! I loved, loved, loved this book. The dynamic between Ryder and Jade is soooo goood. The " I hate you but secretly love you" push and pull between these two head strong characters was out of this world. This storyline was so fresh, new and original and unlike any rockstar romance book I have ever read. The word " REFRESHING" keeps repeating in my mind. So unexpectedly refreshing and interesting. This book caught and held my ...more
Lien
I really didn't like the heroine, Jade. Even though she was at the mercy of Ryder and his bandmates, she was plain rude to the hero. She didn't feel any shame going off on him even though she was in the wrong by sneaking into their tour bus. And her attitude didn't get better. She was judgemental, confrontational and very bad-tempered. So the sudden change from prickly to docile and vulnerable girlfriend was very unbelievable to me.
Still, the book kept me going, I didn't have the urge to DNF it
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Ryder Kyle’s Book is here! I Repeat, Ryder Kyle is HERE and he is swoon worthy! If I could give this more 10 stars I would!!! Ryder is the newest drummer in Jesse Lee’s band (the singer from Playing By Heart Book 1) While on tour a surprise stowaway ends up on their tour bus. Jade is homeless and just needs a break. When she stumbles upon a warm bus she sneaks onto it just wanting a ride. Can Ryder and the band give this girl a lift or will she make Ryder want to throw her off at the next stop? ...more
Rose
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this book!!! OMG!!! Ryder is my new BBF!!! I fell in love with him in Playing By Heart and he does NOT disappoint in his own book! How could he considering his background. His family is from one of my very favorite series, the Fighting series! If you haven't read it, you are SO missing out!!!

Ryder and Jade rub each other wrong right from the very beginning and it is hilarious! Ryder just keeps stepping in it no matter what he does. He is such a jackhole in the beginning of t
Shelley
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Beating heart drum rolls 🥁

Skipped a beat is book two in this series and follows the story of Ryder and Jade💕 Jade has been living a homeless lifestyle after leaving the city where she lives in an attempt to reach her mom in L.A. However, because of this and lack of money she ends up on a bus with no idea where it’s going but hoping for warmth and a good night sleep 😴 When she awakes in the morning, she finds out whose bus she’s hitched a ride with😀

Ryder and Jade don’t get off to a very goo
Maya
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.)
4.7 Stars!! (I rounded up)

I plowed through this book in just a few hours. I just couldn’t put it down.

It’s a slow burn romance which allows for rich character development. J.B. Salsbury is a master at creating well developed characters who are flawed, lovable, hysterical, and for lack of a better word… REAL. This book had me laughing, crying, anxious, angry... It had it all.

This book can be read as a stand-alone; However, I’d recommend r
Corinne
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooooohhhh Ryder!! The wait for him does not disappoint. He may not be the front man of the group, but he’s taken lead in my heart. The sexy drummer with his secrets. The stowaway and her secrets. Together the chemistry is off the charts. Their banter is so sexually charged. But their feelings for each other are deep.
Following the band on the last leg of their tour provides the unexpected. There are OMG moments you don’t want to miss.
These are two of my favourite characters. I think I love him mo
Michelle
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing this book, I felt as if I owed the author money. I couldn't put it down. It had me at the 1st chapter. Holy cow - what a great story.

The characters are so well written - you will think you know them and you're a part of the band. She nailed it! I really couldn't read it fast enough but at the same time, I didn't want it to end. Talk about personal dilemmas!!

Buy a ticket to THIS show - it won't let you down.
Heather Cicio
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly did not think I could love this book more than Playing by Heart. I definitely could not have expected to fall for a musician other that Jesse but I stand corrected. I fell for Ryder a long time ago but have just now discovered exactly how much. This story brings him up close and personal with Jade. They don't make it easy but what would be the fun of that?? I loved the banter, the sass and especially the chemistry. I did not want it to end! Another blazing hit for JB Salsbury. I am gr ...more
Shannon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did not see that coming! But oh how I loved it! Ryder Kyle is not your typical rockstar but he is what swoony rockstar dreams are made of. Jade is an amazing chick. This book was a perfect mix of funny, sweet, sexy and emotional.
Jessica Marecle
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
5+ Stars!!!! This girl is now a RydeRDie chick!!!! I started this book without reading too many of the blurbs and didn’t know what I was in for! Couldn’t put it down! Then needed a couple days to process before I could write this. I loved how deeply broken that Jade thought she was and there was no way that Ryder Kyle would understand any of her heartbreak. But boy was she wrong! Loved the chemistry, all the characters and laugh out loud moments mixed with those angsty moments!
Franci Neill
5 Rhythm Is Kind Of His Thing Stars!!!

This book is literally the best of two worlds for me… we’re even more deeply immersed in the world of Jesse Lee and his bandmates as they’re on a US Tour AND we’re on the peripheries of the Fighting Series because Ryder Kyle…for those of you who don’t know who Ryder is, which I can’t fathom, is the son the Cameron Kyle owner of the UFL in Ms. Salsbury’s Fighting Series!!!

Ryder is this sexy as all get out drummer for the band and our heroine Jade is a young
Jacqui Norris
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again we are taken on a romantic adventure courtesy of JB Salsbury. Skipped a Beat is the second book in the Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll series following Playing by Heart. When I say romantic adventure, I mean an adventure.
Jade DeLeon gave up everything to get away from her past. Deceived in the worst way possible, she is trying to find her way across the country to California. Creepy truck drivers have left her stranded at a diner with nothing. While sitting there, she sees an opportunity in t
Romance Ever After Book Blog
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryder Kyle. Son of the one and only Cameron Kyle. The man I fell head over heals for.
Ryder, you have VERY TOUGH SHOES TO FILL.
Rockstar Ryder, I see a lot of your dad in you. That rough and tough exterior.
That wall you keep up. Some would say Ryder Kylie is a jerk. Lucky for him Jade and I
stuck things out and got to experience what was behind that wall. The heart of a sweet,
sensitive, caring and loving guy who would do absolutely anything for the woman he
loves. And sometimes the woman he thi
Terry
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars! Another GREAT Rockstar Romance!

Jade is homeless and on the run from a secret that could get her in a lot of trouble. After being accosted by a truck driver, she hides on a bus while the driver is getting coffee. When she wakes in the morning, she finds there are 3 other guys on the bus ... 3 very hot guys! They end up letting her hitch a ride with them to LA. Ryder is the new drummer for Jesse Lee’s band and is excited to be on his first tour. Even though he has a girlfriend, he can’t s
Heather Carver
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!!! I loved Ryder!!! This book will definitely leave you wanting to know more about Ryder’s band mates. You will fall in love with them all and want to know their stories.

This book isn’t your typical rockstar book, but for that I was happy!!!! You have the single rockstar, the married rockstar and the rockstar with a girlfriend! It was great to see how they all worked together.

Ryder is an alpha male! I loved his values and that he didn’t budge. He did things right! He was a p
Lisa Stinson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single moment of this book. Ryder and Jade were absolutely amazing. I just loved how Jade was around Ryder in the beginning. She didn’t take crap from him and gave him so much attitude. He couldn’t understand why he was so drawn to her when it seemed like she couldn’t stand him. I loved that she didn’t let the bands fame overwhelm her. She just became one of them and wanted to do whatever she could to help pay her way across the country.

I felt so bad for Jade for everything she ha
« previous 1 3 next »
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh

Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll (2 books)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
“You can trust me with your heart, Jade. From now until I breathe my last breath.” 1 likes
“This wasn’t supposed to happen.” I don’t recognize my own voice once the words rake up my chest and from my throat in a low grumble. “You were not supposed to happen.” … “Do you have any fucking idea what you’ve done to my head?” I don’t give her a chance to answer. “You’re all I can think about.” 1 likes