Start by marking “Skipped a Beat (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skipped a Beat (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #2)

Skipped a Beat

(Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll #2)

Ryder Kyle is a spoiled, self-righteous jerk.

He doesn’t understand suffering. Entitled guy like him wouldn’t recognize desperation if it smacked him in his perfect face. I don’t need him, but I do need a ride west. I won’t let the guy who reminds me of the mess I left behind interfere with my plan to get to Los Angeles.

This woman is nuts!

People don’t sneak on a tour
Expected publication: April 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Skipped a Beat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skipped a Beat

AJ
5 massive stars!

OMG, this book! It’s everything! It’s funny, sexy, dramatic, emotional, sweet, heartfelt and exciting with a chemistry-filled rockstar romance that completely swept me off my feet. I laughed and cried, and I felt so much for these characters and their story. An amazing read, I freaking loved it!

This book follows on from Playing by Heart which you should absolutely read if you haven’t yet, because it’s a great book! However this book can easily be read as a standalone.

After a ser
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
Skipped a Beat is an enemies-to-lovers trope that is a little light on the enemies - which makes it perfect for me. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of antagonistic banter, and fiery shows of temper in the beginning. But it was easy to see that all that fire was masking a deeper burn and I loved the chemistry that sparked relentlessly between Ryder and Jade.

And...ohmygosh y'all. There are not enough stars (or giant heart eyeballs) to convey the awesomeness that is Ryder Kyle. This swoony rock
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
JB has done it again. She has stolen my heart with yet another phenomenal book. Skipped a Beat is every bit as juicy and breathtaking as Playing by heart. It is filled with witty remarks, jealousy, possessiveness, tender moments and an insanely hot couple that can’t help but love to hate each other.

We first met Ryder Kyle in Playing by heart. He became the new drummer for Jesse Lee. They are currently on tour when they happen upon a stowaway in their tour bus. Jade is currently homeless and in d
Karja26
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD! RYDER IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We first saw Ryder in Fighting The Fall. And boy did we see the potential for his story.

To the outside world he had it all: famous parents, money, social standing, good looks etc but what really goes on behind doors he kept close to his chest.

Fast forward to Playing By Heart (Book1) and Boom we see Ryder again. He's Jesse's new drummer **grin** no complaints from meeeeee cause that could only mean one thing.....OWN BOOK hehehe

Jade is a strong woman
Stephanie
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skipped a Beat is an enemies-to-lovers rock star romance. It is full of hot rockers and sassy women. But there are also a few unexpected twists written seamlessly into the story.

Ryder Kyle is the newest drummer in Jesse Lee’s band. Jesse Lee is the singer from Playing By Heart, book #1. Ryder comes from an unusual family. He may appear rich and cocky but his heart is so good! His defenses are high and he likes his privacy. He also has a secret or two. He is incredibly swoony, sexy and charming!

J
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Skipping Hearts Stars ~

J.B. Salsbury has given us another rockstar romance that is a MUST READ!!

Skipped A Beat is just as great as the first book in this series…Playing By Heart. What I have enjoyed the most about these books is that they are different from most of the rockstar romances out there.

What happens when a stowaway is given the chance to ride with the group across country? Can a simple good deed go along w
Piper Reagan
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My love for Ryder Kyle started way back in his teen years where he made his debut in JB Salsbury's FIGHTING THE FALL. He was a teenager at the time, but his love for music and crazy skill set had you already seeing his future. Fast forward to Playing by Heart, where we meet full grown, and full of sex appeal Ryder, and it took about two seconds to know that this man needed his own book. ;)

Ryder, born and raised with everything we refer to as the "American Dream" aka, money, looks, talent, oppor
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Oh my word! Oh my Heart!! This book is EVERYTHING! And I mean everything! I love Jesse, don’t get me wrong... he will always be my number 1 guy, but Ryder came in and almost stole his throne. Ryder is completely swoon worthy, he is everything you want in a book boyfriend. He is so sweet, so caring, and put his foot in his mouth more often than not. Bless him!
Jade is a force! She is strong, determined, and she broke my heart into a tiny million pieces. Oh my goodness, her story made me cry!

This
MissPetiteBrunette
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryder Kyle’s Book is here! I Repeat, Ryder Kyle is HERE and he is swoon worthy! If I could give this more 10 stars I would!!! Ryder is the newest drummer in Jesse Lee’s band (the singer from Playing By Heart Book 1) While on tour a surprise stowaway ends up on their tour bus. Jade is homeless and just needs a break. When she stumbles upon a warm bus she sneaks onto it just wanting a ride. Can Ryder and the band give this girl a lift or will she make Ryder want to throw her off at the next stop? ...more
Rose
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this book!!! OMG!!! Ryder is my new BBF!!! I fell in love with him in Playing By Heart and he does NOT disappoint in his own book! How could he considering his background. His family is from one of my very favorite series, the Fighting series! If you haven't read it, you are SO missing out!!!

Ryder and Jade rub each other wrong right from the very beginning and it is hilarious! Ryder just keeps stepping in it no matter what he does. He is such a jackhole in the beginning of t
Maya
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.)
4.7 Stars!! (I rounded up)

I plowed through this book in just a few hours. I just couldn’t put it down.

It’s a slow burn romance which allows for rich character development. J.B. Salsbury is a master at creating well developed characters who are flawed, lovable, hysterical, and for lack of a better word… REAL. This book had me laughing, crying, anxious, angry... It had it all.

This book can be read as a stand-alone; However, I’d recommend r
Corinne
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooooohhhh Ryder!! The wait for him does not disappoint. He may not be the front man of the group, but he’s taken lead in my heart. The sexy drummer with his secrets. The stowaway and her secrets. Together the chemistry is off the charts. Their banter is so sexually charged. But their feelings for each other are deep.
Following the band on the last leg of their tour provides the unexpected. There are OMG moments you don’t want to miss.
These are two of my favourite characters. I think I love him mo
Michelle
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing this book, I felt as if I owed the author money. I couldn't put it down. It had me at the 1st chapter. Holy cow - what a great story.

The characters are so well written - you will think you know them and you're a part of the band. She nailed it! I really couldn't read it fast enough but at the same time, I didn't want it to end. Talk about personal dilemmas!!

Buy a ticket to THIS show - it won't let you down.
Shannon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did not see that coming! But oh how I loved it! Ryder Kyle is not your typical rockstar but he is what swoony rockstar dreams are made of. Jade is an amazing chick. This book was a perfect mix of funny, sweet, sexy and emotional.
Heather Carver
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!!! I loved Ryder!!! This book will definitely leave you wanting to know more about Ryder’s band mates. You will fall in love with them all and want to know their stories.

This book isn’t your typical rockstar book, but for that I was happy!!!! You have the single rockstar, the married rockstar and the rockstar with a girlfriend! It was great to see how they all worked together.

Ryder is an alpha male! I loved his values and that he didn’t budge. He did things right! He was a p
Lisa Stinson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single moment of this book. Ryder and Jade were absolutely amazing. I just loved how Jade was around Ryder in the beginning. She didn’t take crap from him and gave him so much attitude. He couldn’t understand why he was so drawn to her when it seemed like she couldn’t stand him. I loved that she didn’t let the bands fame overwhelm her. She just became one of them and wanted to do whatever she could to help pay her way across the country.

I felt so bad for Jade for everything she ha
Cortney Thompson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skipped a beat is true to the title. This is my first book by J.B. Salsbury that I have read and I have to say I have a lot of catching up to do Starting with the first book in this series!

Ryder and Jade are a perfect combination of a hot mess and beautiful disaster. The characters were well developed. Jade was on a mission to get to LA and Ryder's bus was the perfect way to get there.

Attraction hits and they cant help but egg each other on. Jade is full of secrets and Ryder is taken by anothe
Andrea Morgan
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"There are moments in life that feel so unreal they could be cinematic"

This is the first book I've read by this author an oh boy it's not going to be the last, I really floved this book so hard ,I was pulled into the story from the very first line and kept glued to the pages till the very end!! I loved the slow burn of attraction to heartbreak of actions taken.i cried hard and laughed harder ,this book has everything, damn fine specimen of swoon worthy hot men, fantastic storyline that's brillia
Vanessa
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As with pretty much every single book from this author, this story captivated me from beginning to end. Not only were the main characters the focal point in the story, but the secondary characters played such important roles as well. And characters from her other books that I LOVE made special appearances, which made me so happy!!! The story took turns in directions I was not expecting at all. I laughed, gasped, yelled, cried, got teary eyed and in the end I was totally uplifted. What an amazing ...more
Tammy Cole
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously am in love with this series! This is one of the best rocker romances I've read. I'm instantly drawn into their world and I can't stop reading. This book was really different than what I thought it was going to be. I love how different these two characters are and I loved how near the end there was a few things that surprised me. I didn't see that coming was a thought I had a few times. Also, getting to see glimpses of past characters of JB MMA series was a great welcome. The secondar ...more
Stacie Stroup
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Your Heart will literally skip a beat!!
I devoured this book. Once you start reading you won’t want to stop. This is the perfect Rock Star book. I absolutely loved everything about this book. The instant attraction between Jade and Ryder is off the charts. They may act like they hate each other but that couldn’t be further from the truth. This book has moved to the top of my list for favorite book so far in 2019. Pick up this book and read it...you won’t be disappointed!!
Vicky Macdonald
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved Ryder. He was even more perfect than Jesse. Something I never thought I'd say. Loved the connection between Ryder and jade right from the beginning. Really hope some other characters get their own books especially Ethan
Tamara
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooooo much more then I expected! I loved it! I was a little confused at first but when I got into the story it all came together. This really is a love story that surpassed my imagination. The struggle in Jade was really great to read into. Ryder was not at all who I would have expected him to be. True love wins out in the end. I want more!
Jacqui Norris
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again we are taken on a romantic adventure courtesy of JB Salsbury. Skipped a Beat is the second book in the Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll series following Playing by Heart. When I say romantic adventure, I mean an adventure.
Jade DeLeon gave up everything to get away from her past. Deceived in the worst way possible, she is trying to find her way across the country to California. Creepy truck drivers have left her stranded at a diner with nothing. While sitting there, she sees an opportunity in t
Diane plourde
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

oh my god!!!!! I read this story in one day. I devoured it with a passion. I was moved by this storyline with amazing characters. A solid 6 star masterpiece.

Jade finds herself battling very difficult times. Which will bring her on Ryder’s tour bus. He’s a musician who finds the beautiful Jade hiding under the table. He wants her gone. But circumstances will bring closer to each other.

I don’t think what I have to say about this story will give it justice. It was a well thought out story and writ
J.B. Salsbury
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jian Pajara
Shelly
Apr 14, 2019
Hazel Leonard
Apr 14, 2019
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh

Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll (2 books)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
“You can trust me with your heart, Jade. From now until I breathe my last breath.” 0 likes
“This wasn’t supposed to happen.” I don’t recognize my own voice once the words rake up my chest and from my throat in a low grumble. “You were not supposed to happen.” … “Do you have any fucking idea what you’ve done to my head?” I don’t give her a chance to answer. “You’re all I can think about.” 0 likes