Start by marking “The Psychotic Dr. Schreber” as Want to Read:
The Psychotic Dr. Schreber

The Psychotic Dr. Schreber

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Daniel Paul Schreber (1842-1911) came to prominence as one of history’s most famous madmen in the wake of Sigmund Freud’s “Psychoanalytic Notes Upon an Autobiographical Account of a Case of Paranoia.” Published in 1911, Freud’s case study psychoanalyzes Schreber’s Memoirs of My Nervous Illness, a detailed account of the German Judge’s psychotic breakdowns in which he battl ...more
Expected publication: September 2019 by Stalking Horse Press

To ask other readers questions about The Psychotic Dr. Schreber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychotic Dr. Schreber

really liked it 4.00  ·

Alex Khlopenko
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detailed review coming to Three Crows Magazine when I process this book properly.
David Agranoff
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In 2007 I was living in Port Angeles Washington. I was super excited to see The new Darren Aronofsky movie at the time called The Fountain. The nearest theater it was playing at was in Victoria B.C. It is the only time I went to another country just to see a movie. When the movie ended I felt a stunned silence fall over the theater. The guy behind me said, "I have no idea what I just saw but I like it."

I have read Wilson before, in 2007 I reviewed his Science Fiction send-up Dr. Identity and sai
Donald Armfield
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
D. Harlan Wilson pens the case files of Schreber in this satire, science fiction of sorts. Transgressions, delusions, mishaps or a narrative battle of words that puts a semi psychosis memoir, autobiographical together.
You’ll finish this psychotic imaginative account and still not have the answers to New in the Never, but...
You’ll have a conclusion with memories that stain your hippocampus passage ways for eternity.
Lofton Gitt
Marina
rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2019
Grant Akerman
KnNaRfF
Apr 07, 2019
D. Harlan
May 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
John Ratcliff
Jul 24, 2019
DJ Napoleon
Jul 31, 2019
I'm a novelist, short story writer, literary critic, editor, playwright, publisher, and English professor. I serve as reviews editor for Extrapolation, a journal of SF criticism, and managing editor of Guide Dog Books, the nonfiction syndicate of Raw Dog Screaming Press. I'm also the editor-in-chief of Anti-Oedipus Press.

Here are some of my published books: Natural Complexions (2018), J.G. Ball