Start by marking “Imprint Legacy” as Want to Read:
Imprint Legacy

Imprint Legacy

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Detective Robert Miers is in trouble. His partner is missing, he’s suspended from work, and he’s got a gap in his memory that he can’t explain. Uncovering the truth means plunging into a bizarre new reality far beyond his comfort zone, an inescapable reality where memories can transfer from body to body, secret factions fight for control, and human life extends far beyond ...more
Published March 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Imprint Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imprint Legacy

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Imprint Legacy
Literary
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imprint Legacy by Dorian Keys is a science fiction short story. Detective Robert Miers and his partner Steven Enry are part of New City’s Interstate Operations Unit, working with the FBI to solve unusual cases. While investigating a missing persons case, a tip leads Robert and Steven to a house in Ohio. But nothing there is as they expected. Ten days later, Robert is missing chunks of his memories and his actions are under investigation by the New City Police Department because Steven ...more
Kirstin
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! I literally could not put it down.

Detective Robert Miers is having a rough go when he turns up seeing himself in a hospital gown at the site of an investigation. Before he can process the events of the day, he wakes up somewhere else with his partner missing, questions coming from all angles. From that day on, his life is forever changed, as is his family.

I hate reviewing a story and giving any information, so I'll just say YOU WANT TO READ THIS. It was high-paced, fast
Patrick
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Different

This was a surprise. It was sort of MIB crossed with an inside out X-Files. I'm not sure where the story is going but I certainly plan to find out.

The characters are hard to pin down because the story is bizarre in a good way. The book might be interesting for any reader who liked the X-Files.
Tjpayne
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I haven't read anything in the science fiction genre in quite a while. Though once I started reading this story, it was quite easy to remember why I used to loved Sci Fi books so much.

Nothing is as it seems and absolutely anything is possible.

The story started off incredibly fast paced and for the most part, continued like this for the majority of the book. I quickly became fascinated with the plot and couldn't seem to turn the pages fast enough.

Detective Robert Miers, the main
Tamara
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The story follows Robert, an investigator who’s been working on an odd case. Following a confrontation with suspected kidnappers Robert is the only one who didn’t disappear without a trace.
After finding out about a connection to one of the suspects Robert finds himself unsure whether to trust the informant that sent him and his partner the tip or the main suspect who has an inexplicable family resemblance.
Robert wants to be on the search team looking for his missing partner, instead he is
Todd Gutschow
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too simple...to implausible

The writing is too simple...it lacks depth. The story as it started was intriguing...but it slowly steered away and into an unlikely plot line.

<<<<< Spoilers Below >>>>>

I find it completely implausible that the “alien humans” in this story are embarking on a new stage of their planetary seeding process...they are now going to start seeding a new galaxy. REALLY??? With almost 9 billion earth-like planets in the Milky
Way...they are going
Diarmuid O'Sullivan
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An explosive debut novel by a fantastic new author. This book has everything you could want from a thriller - a tantalizing mystery that keeps you guessing as it rockets through the plot's twists and turns, intense visceral action with a realism that adds incredible tension, a first person everyman character who pulls you into his world immediately and gets you to willingly stay and a sci-fi twist on the typical masquerade that plausibly introduces a grey-on-grey morality that leaves you ...more
Wayne Davids
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good reading! I loved the premise, found it very intriguing. In fact I wish it had been fleshed out a little more because of the innovative story line. I did think it could have used an edit for a few typos etc but overall a fast paced and engaging story line thst is an enjoyable read.

I would love to see a sequel. This is an idea that could turn into a great series.
Martin
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Interesting premise. Well written. Good pacing. The main character was intriguing. I wanted it to be longer as I was enjoying it so much. Keep an eye on this author. He has a bright future.
Tim Trent
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and breathless, this is a great escapist read. All is not as it seems! Suspend disbelief all ye who enter here!
Chris
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Detective Robert Miers and his partner follow the clues left by the stiff they found in the old apartment, it quickly leads them to their own deaths. But Robert wakes up to find he's not dead, just confused, with a gap in his memory and a missing partner. After being suspended pending an internal investigation, Robert follows clues on his own regarding the mysterious men in black, clues that cause him to question whether his entire life has been a lie.

Content:

S.J. Lomas
Nov 17, 2019
Hannah Herrera
Dec 05, 2019

• Sojourner: Life will never be the same. Nor will death.
  • The Secrets of Lost Stones
  • The Rhine (Harmony Book 1)
  • Ender in Exile (Ender's Saga, #1.2)
  • All Gifts, Bestowed: An Artificial Intelligence Thriller
  • Darwin's Cipher
  • Teddy
  • The Psychic Son
  • The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • Sons of the Cavern
  • Shadow (Jaegers of the Consortium, #1)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • My Name Is Bacci Bogie: Frequent Flyer Extraordinaire
  • Traveller - Inceptio
  • Heart of a Warrior Angel
  • Artifact (The Artifact Series Book 1)
  • Sacrifice (Experiment X #1)
  • Still Falling (Solstice 31 Saga, #1)
One day, a while back, Dorian handed his father a handwritten story. Five sentences telling of an unknown object landing on the backyard. He was seven.

At the time, he was praised for it, he thought nothing of it: everyone can do what i do. And everyone can.

Years later, Dorian self published his debut novel Imprint Legacy on Amazon. It was well recieved. Earning a four star rating from Literary