Start by marking “Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Professor (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #1)

Beauty and the Professor

(A Modern Fairy Tale Duet)

"I love this Beauty and the Beast story that Skye Warren has crafted. She puts a twist to this classic tale that makes it different and deliciously erotic." - Nina's Literary Escape

Once upon a time there was a beautiful college student…

Erin cleans Mr. Morris’s house twice a week to pay her tuition. The reclusive ex-soldier intimidates her, but she can’t help but feel sym
Expected publication: April 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Professor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Professor

Tammi
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hot sexy spin on Beauty and the Beast! My favorite fairy tale.
But it was more... A forbidden romance! Forbidden on multiple levels he was her boss, then her professor. Oh and an age difference! It was fascinating to watch it play out.
Blake **sigh** Broken men always grab my heart, hoping love will heal them, fix them. This one well I thought it would until a meddling ex-bi#@h comes into the picture.
Erin Oh I really liked this sweet independent girl but she has her insecurities and that ex pla
Babel
A poignant tale of love and self-worth. Beautiful writing, soft as a caress.

I couldn't help myself when I heard this story had been revised to be republished. I had read it years ago, loved it so much it still lingered on my mind. After all, it was my first book by this author and I never looked back, hooked on her mesmerising words ever since.

This modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast delves deeper than skin into ugliness and beyond to what the heart hides. Al the fears, the sense of not be
MissPetiteBrunette
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-fairytale
Blake Morris used to be a Professor until he was disfigured when he went to the Middle East & was hit by an IED. Since then he has stayed a recluse in his home. The only person that he sees is his housekeeper, Erin Rodriquez. He likes her a lot but doesn’t think he is worthy of affection anymore. Erin might be the one to show Blake just how beautiful he really is inside and out! Get him to work and live again but when people from his past try to interfere can they overcome it all? This is a ...more
Paula D
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this sexy twist on Beauty and the Beast and couldn’t stop reading till the end! It’s erotic and intense but so much more. Erin cleans Blake’s house but one day finds him in a embarrassing position that makes her ache for him. Erin is a strong woman in college trying to pay her bills and live. Blake is damaged in his eyes and feels like he will always be by himself forever. It’s a great romance that has you hoping for a happy ending! 5/5 stars I can’t wait till the next book!
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTY AND SEXY STARS!! What a sweet and tasty read!!! Erin and Blake definitely gives us readers a sexy and heartfelt story to fall in love with. I need the second book now....I am dying to see how this duet ends. Skye Warren is magnificent with her storytelling, her words are like candy you can't get enough of them. This book should definitely be a 1-Click for you.
Little Steamy Reads
RTC
Alexandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
PP's Bookshelf
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren has given the ancient fairytale a sensual, seductive and sinful twist in Beauty and the Professor. The thrill of forbidden love and intensity of overpowering love make this story extraordinary. Skye Warren's beautiful words gripped my heart and claimed it wholly from beginning to the end.

Erin and Blake belongs to two opposite ends of social spectrum. Erin is a poor student who works as house cleaner to pay for her studies. Blake was once a proud military man with a bright political
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: celeste
Taboo, naughty, scandalous, sexy and heartwarming, just to name a few things that Beauty and the Professor will make you think.  Skye Warren is an expert when it comes to writing stories about forbidden love and heartbreak.  I could not put this book down and read it in a day!  With great characters and some sexy salacious scenes Beauty and the Professor will have you ready to fill out your local college’s application.  I loved this book and the exploration of the sacrifice of our soldiers and t ...more
Lisa
Shelves: arcs
Beauty and the Professor by Skye Warren is the first book in her Modern Fairy Tale Duet. A sexy, steamy modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.

Erin is a grad student on scholarship and loans and working her way through the expenses by cleaning in her free time. Her favorite job, by far, is her twice a week visit to the reclusive Blake Morris. A wounded vet and one-time professor, he was badly burned in his last tour and has made himself a recluse as a result. But when Erin sees Blake she s
Courtenay Bennett
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was among the first of Skye’s that I ever read, so many years ago now, when I first discovered her. So, while these characters were not completely new to me, I had managed to forget most of the feelings in the years between readings.
I love age gaps. I don’t know why, but I really do. Something about the promise of delicious lessons from someone much older just does it for me. And when you add the employer-turned-professor component of Blake and Erin’s relationship, it takes that alre
Verna Loves Books
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Professor by Skye Warren is a unique and different spin on a classic fairy tale. I was intrigued when I began reading and craved the last page to see how everything would turn out for the characters, but be prepared to be stunned and thrown for a complete loop. The ending is brutal.

Erin's character is a kind soul and I loved that no matter what Blake looked like, she treated him the same way she would any other human being. She's a very strong young lady and I loved her drive. She
Clare Harrison
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He used to be a professor at Tanglewood University before war ravaged his body, and left him virtually a recluse who rarely ventured out.

She answered his ad and became his maid twice a week, in order to remain a student and stay afloat financially.

Strictly employer, and employee until something once seen, never forgotten changes their whole relationship.

What a fantastically intense and sensual read!

Page after page of lust, and devotion. Desire and hunger. Sizzling sexual encounters. Oh so delic
Rahmayanti
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sexy taboo romance from the first page with thick angst, Beuty and The Professor brings you a modern story fairy tale of Beuty and The Beast.

A wounded veteran and a poor young college girl, you will think the normal taboo romance between the older man and younger woman. But if you know Skye Warren's writing, you know you in it to get more.

Heavy on the angst part.
Lots of steamy scenes... Which I don't mind one bit😂
A girl with heart so strong, you can't help falling in love with her.
A wounde
Melissa Schaub
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Professor is Book 1 in Skye Warren’s Modern Fairy Tale duet and I can not wait to find out what happens next. This author continually writes a story that I can get lost in and this book is no exception...I mean who doesn’t love a forbidden romance?

What’s starts out as an age gap turns into a professor/student romance with plenty of rugs at your heartstrings. By the end you will be filled with hope and then we get left with the cliffy...

I need more of Blake and Erin in my life and
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Beauty and the Professor is book one in this modern fairy tale duet. It's a modern day forbidden romance. The story is trope filled, forbidden love, professor/student, billionaire, maid, significant age difference scars from the past and fairy tale. The tropes are blended well throughout the story. However, I have two contentions, there was a lot of sex and the cliffhanger threw me for a loop. It created a disjointed transition to the next book. I'm not sure if was for shock value but it left me ...more
Shannon Mcfarland
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Beauty and The Professor and I just about threw my kindle across the room. I think it took a full minute to get my brain to fully function again after the last chapter.

I enjoy Skye Warren’s books. This one is no exception. Without giving any spoilers, I will say, I want to throat punch Blake Morris. Now, after that declaration, I must also say that I loved Blake and Erin’s characters. This story was very HOT and also gets you in the feels.

I am looking forward to reading the secon
Renee
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin cleans Blake’s house for him. She has a crush on him. He is a scarred, yet sexy older man. When she walks in on him in a compromising position they are both horrified yet intrigued.

A sexy, dark romance. Blake is recovering from his time in the service. With visible and the not so visible scars he feels unlovable. Erin sees the strength of his character. The book is part one and ends at the perfect stopping point. Wonderfully written and beautifully dark.
Mary
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A steamy and modern tale of The Beauty and the Beast. Blake is an ex-soldier trying to get his life back together after being injured in the war. Erin is the college student who cleans his house to pay for her expenses. They faced many obstacles in trying to be together. This older man/younger woman, professor/student story was fast paced. It was good reading and I really enjoyed it. The book does end in a cliffhanger.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
Stephanie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, I need the rest of Blake & Erin’s story! Second, Skye Warren did an amazing job on this modern retelling of Beauty & The Beast!

I was consumed by Blake & Erin and their journey! I loved that there were some twists & turns that kept me flipping the pages for more!

I’m really glad that the second book is coming out soon!

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
 Tania
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Professor is a modern Re-telling of Beauty and the Beast. This book is sexy, steamy will make you all gooey, but is also sweet.
Erin and Blake are so different yet so perfect for eachother.
I cant wait to see what Skye delivers in the second book of this duet.
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come..
Di Covey
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Student/Teacher Forbidden Romance!
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
RTC: I have a feeling after I read Falling For the Beast this will become a 5⭐ but this book just ended! 🥺 ...more
Celeste
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Kristina
Apr 07, 2019
Kelly - Words We Love By
Apr 17, 2019
Toni DeCamp
Apr 08, 2019
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Erin could not help but crush on Professor Blake Morris. In order to support herself while going to university, she cleans his house for him. Yes, it is true that he was injured in the war and half of his face is burned pretty badly. But the other half of him is so gorgeous! His personality is also pretty outstanding. She could not help herself as she longs to be with him and to discuss her courses and more with him. He is such an intelligent man!

Surprisingly to her, she finds out he is also att
Amy [The Little Bookworm]
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A modern tale of Beauty and the Beast wrapped up as a hot forbidden romance. This story had everything you could want when it comes to a forbidden romance. Of course, it had the age gape but Erin and Blake met while she cleaned his house, he was her employer and he eventually became her professor.

Blake was injured in Iraq by an IED and his life changed. His fiancé left him, he stopped teaching and spent all his time in his home, away from the public eye. Erin is a student, who has worked hard i
Dar
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a deep, dark, take on the classic story. Blake’s beast is shackled by scars, inside and out, and he is living, no existing, in pain, when Erin comes along. From the first scene, the attraction, the heat, between them is palpable. But it exists in the darkness that is his world. She is sunshine and light, and as much as the world has tried to keep her in the dark, she refuses to give in. Blake isn’t dark to her, he is everything she has wanted. But the world is against them, but they both ...more
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
WOW!!!

This is one of the best teacher/student romances I have read. It’s packed with emotion, genuine connection and heat that might just scorch your kindle. Beautiful tie in with Beauty and the Beast. LOVED it!

That cliffhanger ending had me shouting NOOOOOO so loud I woke my hubs. Damn you Skye Warren. Damn you!! Ggggrrrr

I received an arc of this book.
C
Aninhas
Angela
Iulia Sima
Apr 04, 2019

A Modern Fairy Tale Duet (2 books)
  • Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)