Start by marking “This Is Baby” as Want to Read:
This Is Baby

This Is Baby

Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC's The Tonight Show and #1 New York Times bestselling author of Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA and Everything Is Mama, returns with a book that teaches new babies the words for the various parts of their body--This is Baby.

Let’s meet…

Baby!

From Baby’s HEAD to Baby’s TOES,
there are so many parts of Baby you should know.
But what’s the most
Published October 8th 2019 by Feiwel Friends

To ask other readers questions about This Is Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is Baby

Start your review of This Is Baby
Jon Nakapalau
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Jimmy Fallon!
Amy
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A book for babies that isn’t a board book? Well, maybe it will be eventually. A cute addition to the series.
Becky
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
First sentence: This is BABY. Let’s laugh and play and sing! What are the parts of BABY? Well, I’ll tell you EVERYTHING.

Premise/plot: This is Baby is a picture book—not a board book. This “concept” book “teaches” the parts of baby: eyes, ears, nose, lips, hips, toes, knees, etc. It sometimes rhymes, but not always. It rhymes just often enough that you come to expect it, enough that when it doesn’t it’s weird.

My thoughts: I think this is a great example of an almost for me. I think it would make
Ettak
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, rhyming "parts of the body" picture book. It has brilliant, simple illustrations showing babies of varying skin tones along with their animal friend as the body parts are highlighted. This will hopefully be available in board book format too.
Baby Bookworm
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Our book today is This Is Baby, written by Jimmy Fallon and illustrated by Miguel Ordóñez, third in the pair’s trilogy of toddler-friendly books.

This is baby! This is baby’s eyes, this is baby’s nose. To say nothing of baby’s toes, and hair, and elbows! A practical guide to baby’s bodies, this sweet and simple book walks little ones through the words for their parts, and of course, the most important part of all: the love they have to share

This is perhaps an unpopular opinion,
Barbara
I like Jimmy Fallon and his quirkiness as well as his support of literacy. While there are plenty of folks who will also love these picture books, I don't find them particularly charming. Perhaps new parents will since the earlier titles in a similar vein--Your Baby's First Word Will be Dada and Everything Is Mama--are wildly popular. Rhyming text and simple drawings introduce Baby and all of the little one's parts. Caregivers could use the book to teach their offspring the names of these ...more
Ciera
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book, whose primary focus was labeling parts of a baby, wasn’t actually very helpful in doing that? It was vaguely confusing sometimes, mostly because the illustrations show on a page didn’t always make it clear which part was an elbow, for instance, or a knee. It was just a kind cute, strangely wide-eyed baby with a (presumably baby) animal.
Michelle
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
"While visually following the anatomical directives may be a bit difficult considering the babies' amorphous cartoon features, parents can provide helpful clarity. Imbalanced enjambment across spreads ("This is Baby's tummy./ And if tickling is a problem... / just turn baby over and this is Baby's/ bottom!") may cause rhythmic disruptions, but the spare text, with its earnest final sentence, provides ample room for improvisation. Ages 1-3." (Publisher's Weekly)

Publisher's Weekly provides a
Erin Buhr
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
This is cute. The rhyming text is pleasant. The illustrations are cheerful. The book runs through different baby parts and would be a great book to read with a little one on your lap. It's not particularly inventive or novel, but it's playful and sweet. It would definitely make a great gift for a new mom or dad.
Atlanta
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel bad for shoving in some children's books to reach higher numbers, but I definitely still wanted to pick up this Jimmy Fallon bestseller! Super cute. Not really my age range, but definitely a good book to own in the future.
Meredith
A cast of babies, accompanied by animals, teach young readers the names of various body parts.

The illustrations are great with diverse ethnic and gender representation. But the text is so-so. There are a few awkward word choices for the sake of the rhyme scheme.
Fran Hernandez
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Jimmy Fallon wrote a book and it was actually good for the targeted audience.
Sasha
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Agreed. This is a miss for a picture book. As a board book with a little more thought to rhyme structure it could have been lovely.
Amanda Walz
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Margaret Gerberding
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute new book by Jimmy Fallon that teaches baby the parts of their bodies.
Jacqueline
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, picture-books
Simple, but cute.
Mary
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute story with cute illustrations. it is too long for the intended audience (babies) but you could easily not read the whole thing. Lends itself to interactive reading during storytime.
Mallory Hargett
Could be used a learning tool for students to know their body parts, but I found it to be confusing at times.
emyrose8
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
A rhyming book of baby body parts
Syntha Green
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This would be great for storytime
Molly
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ehh. I expected more.
Renee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy
Very cute third book to teach little ones the name of body parts.
Heaven Shaffer
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The art in this book is very cute.
Tiziana
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A cute and colourfully illustrated picture book that helps to teach words for various body parts.
Anthony
A book about all the parts that make up a baby on the outside, but the most important part is what is shared with baby and me.
Earl
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Jimmy Fallon's books are cute enough and lots of people seem to enjoy them. I am just waiting on the day when they'll put Miguel Ordóñez's (the illustrator) name on the cover as well on this picture book. Maybe in the eventual board book version?
Rebecca Anne
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh. Nothing that original about this book and the different body parts. I was hoping for some Fallon humor!
Kristi
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Pretty cute book with pretty cute rhyming
Katy
Dec 28, 2019
Katie
Feb 05, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Serious Goose
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • Hair Love
  • Just Because
  • The Thank You Letter
  • I Am Perfectly Designed
James Thomas Fallon, Jr. is an American comedian, actor, and musician known for his work on Saturday Night Live. He is also scheduled to become the host of Late Night in 2009.