Start by marking “Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)” as Want to Read:
Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)

Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)

Listening Length: 6 hours and 21 minutes

Delve into the history of the sinister Count Dooku in this audio original set in a galaxy far, far away….

Darth Tyranus. Count of Serenno. Leader of the Separatists. A red saber, unsheathed in the dark. But who was he, before he became the right hand of the Sith? As Dooku courts a new apprentice, the hidden truth of the Sith Lord’s
Audiobook, 7 pages
Published April 30th 2019 by Penguin Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about Dooku, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dooku

Start your review of Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
Alejandro
The Dark Side of the Force is strong in this book!

THE COUNT OF SERENNO

This book is the written script for this story that it was initially presented as audiobook. I am quite glad that they decided to print a readable version of it.

Count Dooku is one of the most complex characters made, but sometimes people don't appreciate or understand his relevance in the Star Wars universe since his time on screen on the movie episodes was limited, but if you have watched the animated Clone Wars series,
Khurram
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book. I was a little worried as it is re screenplay version of an audio book. However with all the "narration" scenes. It gave just as much insight into what the characters were thinking.

This is the prequel to the Master & Apprentice some of the passages on this book fit in perfectly with the Qui Gon and Dooku, or the parts with Real.

I am not a fan of the watered down more politically motivated Jedi of the Disney era of Star Wars. So this made me empathise with Dooku's
Grace
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
First of all, this is not a book, so let's get that out of the way immediately.

This is an "audio drama," six hours long, performed by a full cast. I have to state upfront that I loathe this medium, and so you should take my review and rating with a HUGE grain of salt if you're someone who likes audiobooks or audio shows. I am no judge of voice acting, so I will say only one single thing on that score: the Ventress voice was nearly perfect.

Aside from the inherent grating, campy weirdness of
Kristian Shreiner
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
The dialog is empty, the plot consists of an unfocused collection of minor/ unremarkable events that involve Dooku without explaining his transformation; the book’s basic promise and goal delivers abject failure, provided the fact that the author gives you no window into dooku’s thoughts, emotions, motives, and argued reasons for abandoning the order and becoming a dark lord of the sith. Furthermore, the story omits any interaction with sith/dark side philosophy, artifacts or figures; delving ...more
Ben Brown
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars-canon
Well, this was certainly interesting: a script for an audio drama that details the rise and ultimate fall of one Count Dooku. Conceptually alone, I couldn’t resist giving this one at least a peek, and I’m so glad I did: “Dooku: Jedi Lost” rocks.

There’s two things that writer Cavan Scott does that makes “Dooku: Jedi Lost” work as well as it does. The first might seem obvious, but it’s crucial: he tells a really, really good story. Jumping across all periods of time and interlinking various
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/05/13/...

Star Wars audiobooks are always a treat to listen to, but audio dramas are on a whole other level. Performed by a full cast and available only as an audiobook, Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost is an immersive experience that puts your right in the middle of the action and makes you feel like you are in a Star Wars movie, watching all the events and action play out around you.

Since the release of the prequels and the character
Neil R. Coulter
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, star-wars
Dooku: Jedi Lost is an audio drama script by Scott Cavan that follows Count Dooku from childhood through his leaving the Jedi Order and taking up the mantle (or cape) of leadership on his home world of Serenno. My preference would have been to listen to the audio version, as it was intended to be experienced; but I’m at the mercy of the public library, and what they added to the collection is the hardcover script, not the audio.

Having read the book, however, I think it might be the clearer
Holly (The Grimdragon)
"I sense the Dark Side!"

Dooku: Jedi Lost is unlike anything else that has been released with regards to Star Wars. Among the slew of new canon books, comics, art books.. Del Rey and Penguin Random House Audio created this audio-only release written by Cavan Scott. It's a combination of an audiobook and an audio dramatization that features a full cast. As Scott has said on Twitter, it's like a movie for your ears!

Admittedly, I am not the biggest fan of audiobooks. I find it difficult to
Jim C
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Actual rating is 2.5 stars.

This is an audiobook set in a galaxy far, far away. In this one, we explore Dooku as a member of the Jedi Academy. This book covers his whole time being a padawan to Jedi Knight and on this journey we see how Dooku loses his faith in the Jedi way.

There were aspects I absolutely loved about this book and some I did not. First off the production is excellent as we get different actors for each role. We also get sound affects and throughout the production snippets of John
Patricia
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Jedi Lost is the first canon Star Wars audioplay performed by a full cast. The (at the moment) audio-only story has an interesting approach but lacks clarity. While the story itself is intriguing, exciting even, I wish there was more focus. We get a skip through Dooku's life and his background while the subtleties of his very unique character were what interested me more.
Characters like Yoda, Rael and Qui-Gon came a little too short in my opinion. However, Syfo-Dias and Lene Kostana (is that
Steven Shinder
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Since 2002, Count Dooku has been somewhat of an enigma, with very little backstory revealed. We know that Yoda was his master and that he trained Qui-Gon Jinn. And some of his motives and how he fell to the dark side have not always been as clear as they could have been. So when this audio drama Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost was announced, I got pretty excited that we would get more backstory for him in canon. Clocking in at 6 hours and 21 minutes, Cavan Scott's story provides glimpses at various ...more
Lois
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I didn't like all the voices that went will the roles, it was definitely an interesting look at some of the backstory to Count Dooku, and how he left the Jedi Order. At first, I didn't think I was going to like that it was from Ventress's point of view, but I ended up doing so. This doesn't go into how he turned to the dark side beyond brief flashes here and there (a future one of these or a book, perhaps?) but that was fine - the title is Jedi Lost after all, and it's how he became one of ...more
Christina
"Light-dark and balance true. One is no greater than the others. Together they unite restore recenter and renew. I walk into the light and acknowledge the dark and find balance within ourselves"

First off, what an experience for one of my favourite villains: Count Dooku. I’ve always been intrigued by his character due to his regal sense of style, how strong he is in the force, still showing compassion about Qui-Gon Jinn and the truth of what he was saying about the Jedi/Republic.
Without Count
Anime Mage
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
idiomatic
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
happy new decade suckers i'm back on my bs. i should get a different star rating for star wars stuff bc objectively nothing has ever classed higher than a three in like, Craft, but i think asajj ventress narrating all the crystal goblets count dooku is drinking his wine out should merit an entirely separate 'one million stars'. there's a dragon in this book!
Keith Johnson
Decent entry in the new canon. I particularly enjoyed the politics of whether or not what the Jedi are doing is ethical. This isn't the first time I've seen this notion in a Star Wars novel, but it always intrigues me. Everyone just assumes the Jedi are good and the Sith are evil, but it's not as black and white as it may seem.

The audiobook production was fantastic. 10-15 voice actors mixed in with the sound effects and soundtrack were enthralling.

The book certainly ended openly enough that
Brandon St Mark
This was a really fun Star Wars novel set before the Prequels. Really good character study on Dooku with a smaller (unfortunately) focus on Asajj Ventress (my favorite SW character). I don't have a lot else to say about the book. I was a little unsure of it being an audio-only book, but it turned out really great! This was pretty much my first audio book, but I don't think it'll be my last.
Nick Scott
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was my first time dipping my toes into an "audio drama" like this, so maybe the issues I had with this may have some to do with how the format works.

Having said that, the story never really gripped me. It's all presented in a frame of "Ventress watching old holos and reading journals", but all that really did was make me wish she was in the story more. The drama with Dooku and his family fell flat for me, and the stuff with the Jedi and Sifo-Dyas occasionally got interesting, but mostly
Kevin
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before he was the Count of Serenno, the leader of the Separatist Army and became known as Darth Tyranus, Dooku was a Padawan to Jedi Master Yoda and best friend to Sifo-Dyas. He also served as a teacher to a young Qui-Gon Jinn before leaving the Jedi Order entirely. This is the Dooku that assassin Asajj Ventress is interested in learning more about and how the story in Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost sets down its roots.

Read more at https://www.geeksofdoom.com/2019/05/2...
Allana
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10 Random Things I Loved:
1. The relationship between Dooku and Sifo Dyas. I was not expecting this one! I can't believe it, but I'm kinda shipping them now. Their friendship was so interesting and fun to listen to.

2. Dooku dueling with a lightsaber in one hand and a glass of wine in the other is very Dooku-energy. I like it. A lot.

3. Dooku and Qui-Gon's fun banter as Master and Padawan:
QUI-GON: "Your brother is quite a pilot, Master."
DOOKU: "He is. I hate to say it, but I'm actually impressed."
Jeffrey Debris
When I first heard of Dooku: Jedi Lost, I was intrigued. This was an audiobook, done by a full cast of actors and apparently not available as a physical book. I was curious if there were any more publications like these, but apparently Dooku: Jedi Lost is the first among its kind. After some consideration I bought the audiobook through the Google Play Store, so I could listen to the book while driving to and from work.

The audiobook is a good six and a half hours long, so it didn't take long for
Denise みか Hutchins
I had a hard time choosing between four and five stars for my rating, but the fact that I wanted to listen to this audio production any chance I had (usually on my commute to and from school and during my running workouts) means that even if there were things I didn't like about it, overall, I was enamored with the story. Definitely worth listening to if you're into the trans-movie tales of Star Wars. I'm not caught up with everything, so there may be more cross-references, but I can confirm ...more
Kayla (krakentoagoodbook)
This was an enjoyable Star Wars book! Learning more about Count Dooku's past was really interesting. We see some interesting characters like Sifo-Dyas and Asajj Ventress here, so I definitely liked learning more about them as well! I didn't realize that the physical book was actually the script for the audiobook prior to reading this - I think the audiobook would have been really fun to listen to, but this read just fine.
Daniel Kukwa
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Other than ending in a muted fashion I wasn't expecting, this is all but perfect. It's presented as a script for an audio adventure, but the format doesn't take anything away from this fantastic tale. Count Dooku is a fascinating and mysterious character that was absolutely wasted in the prequel films. This novel gives him the background and character work that he richly deserves.
Geoffrey Payne
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting look into a somewhat mysterious Star Wars character. It was a lot of fun but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I could have read it. Being an exclusive audio production is a choice I understand but I’m just not a huge fan of audiobooks since I have trouble focusing on them. The production and cast is great and this though.
Teresa
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, audiobook
Got this on Audible. Need to finish my current audiobook, but the first two minutes of this...DAMN THIS IS EXCELLENT VOICE ACTING HOLY ASJFKDSFKAJERFIKAJWS!!!

Not really a book. More like a radio drama. I wish a printed script were available.
Joshua Greer
I enjoyed the back story on Dooku and Asajj. However, I feel like the multi-person cast actually detracted from this audio-only novella. There were times when I know I missed parts because the sound was implying distance and I’m not quite sure it left me with the correct desired effect. As to the story, this is definitely a novella, so don’t expect a much true development of Dooku, or his apprentice, Asajj Ventress. It does, however, provide some nice filler for this character who holds a ...more
Christian
While being a poor Star Wars story, it is actually a decent sleep aid.
Katie
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Skye Elizabeth
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Dooku is fascinating, and one of the most underutilised characters in the films, so this backstory has been a long time coming.

Things I liked:
- Like most Star Wars audiobooks, the audio production was great and I loved the sound effects and background music (and I liked the fact that most of the music was pulled specifically from the prequel soundtracks).
- We get to meet Sifo-Dyas, who (in)famously secretly commisioned the Kaminoans to create the clone army. His side plot was tantalising, but I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • Force Collector (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #2)
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • Alphabet Squadron (Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron, #1)
  • A Crash of Fate (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #1)
  • Spark of the Resistance  (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #3)
  • Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3)
  • Star Wars Myths & Fables
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Villains
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Allegiance
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Pirate's Price (Flight of the Falcon, #2)
  • Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Villains