Start by marking “Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)” as Want to Read:
Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)

Dooku: Jedi Lost

(Star Wars Disney Canon Novel)

Listening Length: 6 hours and 21 minutes

Delve into the history of the sinister Count Dooku in this audio original set in a galaxy far, far away….

Darth Tyranus. Count of Serenno. Leader of the Separatists. A red saber, unsheathed in the dark. But who was he, before he became the right hand of the Sith? As Dooku courts a new apprentice, the hidden truth of the Sith Lord’s
Audiobook, 7 pages
Published April 30th 2019 by Penguin Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about Dooku, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dooku

Start your review of Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
Alejandro
The Dark Side of the Force is strong in this book!

THE COUNT OF SERENNO

This book is the written script for this story that it was initially presented as audiobook. I am quite glad that they decided to print a readable version of it.

Count Dooku is one of the most complex characters made, but sometimes people don't appreciate or understand his relevance in the Star Wars universe since his time on screen on the movie episodes was limited, but if you have watched the animated Clone Wars series,
Khurram
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book. I was a little worried as it is re screenplay version of an audio book. However with all the "narration" scenes. It gave just as much insight into what the characters were thinking.

This is the prequel to the Master & Apprentice some of the passages on this book fit in perfectly with the Qui Gon and Dooku, or the parts with Real.

I am not a fan of the watered down more politically motivated Jedi of the Disney era of Star Wars. So this made me empathise with Dooku's
Grace
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
First of all, this is not a book, so let's get that out of the way immediately.

This is an "audio drama," six hours long, performed by a full cast. I have to state upfront that I loathe this medium, and so you should take my review and rating with a HUGE grain of salt if you're someone who likes audiobooks or audio shows. I am no judge of voice acting, so I will say only one single thing on that score: the Ventress voice was nearly perfect.

Aside from the inherent grating, campy weirdness of
Kristian Shreiner
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
The dialog is empty, the plot consists of an unfocused collection of minor/ unremarkable events that involve Dooku without explaining his transformation; the book’s basic promise and goal delivers abject failure, provided the fact that the author gives you no window into dooku’s thoughts, emotions, motives, and argued reasons for abandoning the order and becoming a dark lord of the sith. Furthermore, the story omits any interaction with sith/dark side philosophy, artifacts or figures; delving ...more
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2019/05/13/...

Star Wars audiobooks are always a treat to listen to, but audio dramas are on a whole other level. Performed by a full cast and available only as an audiobook, Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost is an immersive experience that puts your right in the middle of the action and makes you feel like you are in a Star Wars movie, watching all the events and action play out around you.

Since the release of the prequels and the character
Holly (The Grimdragon)
"I sense the Dark Side!"

Dooku: Jedi Lost is unlike anything else that has been released with regards to Star Wars. Among the slew of new canon books, comics, art books.. Del Rey and Penguin Random House Audio created this audio-only release written by Cavan Scott. It's a combination of an audiobook and an audio dramatization that features a full cast. As Scott has said on Twitter, it's like a movie for your ears!

Admittedly, I am not the biggest fan of audiobooks. I find it difficult to
Neil R. Coulter
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, star-wars
Dooku: Jedi Lost is an audio drama script by Scott Cavan that follows Count Dooku from childhood through his leaving the Jedi Order and taking up the mantle (or cape) of leadership on his home world of Serenno. My preference would have been to listen to the audio version, as it was intended to be experienced; but I’m at the mercy of the public library, and what they added to the collection is the hardcover script, not the audio.

Having read the book, however, I think it might be the clearer
Jim C
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Actual rating is 2.5 stars.

This is an audiobook set in a galaxy far, far away. In this one, we explore Dooku as a member of the Jedi Academy. This book covers his whole time being a padawan to Jedi Knight and on this journey we see how Dooku loses his faith in the Jedi way.

There were aspects I absolutely loved about this book and some I did not. First off the production is excellent as we get different actors for each role. We also get sound affects and throughout the production snippets of John
Patricia
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Jedi Lost is the first canon Star Wars audioplay performed by a full cast. The (at the moment) audio-only story has an interesting approach but lacks clarity. While the story itself is intriguing, exciting even, I wish there was more focus. We get a skip through Dooku's life and his background while the subtleties of his very unique character were what interested me more.
Characters like Yoda, Rael and Qui-Gon came a little too short in my opinion. However, Syfo-Dias and Lene Kostana (is that
Steven Shinder
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Since 2002, Count Dooku has been somewhat of an enigma, with very little backstory revealed. We know that Yoda was his master and that he trained Qui-Gon Jinn. And some of his motives and how he fell to the dark side have not always been as clear as they could have been. So when this audio drama Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost was announced, I got pretty excited that we would get more backstory for him in canon. Clocking in at 6 hours and 21 minutes, Cavan Scott's story provides glimpses at various ...more
Lois
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I didn't like all the voices that went will the roles, it was definitely an interesting look at some of the backstory to Count Dooku, and how he left the Jedi Order. At first, I didn't think I was going to like that it was from Ventress's point of view, but I ended up doing so. This doesn't go into how he turned to the dark side beyond brief flashes here and there (a future one of these or a book, perhaps?) but that was fine - the title is Jedi Lost after all, and it's how he became one of ...more
Anime Mage
Apr 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Keith Johnson
Decent entry in the new canon. I particularly enjoyed the politics of whether or not what the Jedi are doing is ethical. This isn't the first time I've seen this notion in a Star Wars novel, but it always intrigues me. Everyone just assumes the Jedi are good and the Sith are evil, but it's not as black and white as it may seem.

The audiobook production was fantastic. 10-15 voice actors mixed in with the sound effects and soundtrack were enthralling.

The book certainly ended openly enough that
Brandon St Mark
This was a really fun Star Wars novel set before the Prequels. Really good character study on Dooku with a smaller (unfortunately) focus on Asajj Ventress (my favorite SW character). I don't have a lot else to say about the book. I was a little unsure of it being an audio-only book, but it turned out really great! This was pretty much my first audio book, but I don't think it'll be my last.
Nick Scott
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was my first time dipping my toes into an "audio drama" like this, so maybe the issues I had with this may have some to do with how the format works.

Having said that, the story never really gripped me. It's all presented in a frame of "Ventress watching old holos and reading journals", but all that really did was make me wish she was in the story more. The drama with Dooku and his family fell flat for me, and the stuff with the Jedi and Sifo-Dyas occasionally got interesting, but mostly
Kevin
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Before he was the Count of Serenno, the leader of the Separatist Army and became known as Darth Tyranus, Dooku was a Padawan to Jedi Master Yoda and best friend to Sifo-Dyas. He also served as a teacher to a young Qui-Gon Jinn before leaving the Jedi Order entirely. This is the Dooku that assassin Asajj Ventress is interested in learning more about and how the story in Star Wars: Dooku: Jedi Lost sets down its roots.

Read more at https://www.geeksofdoom.com/2019/05/2...
Jeffrey Debris
When I first heard of Dooku: Jedi Lost, I was intrigued. This was an audiobook, done by a full cast of actors and apparently not available as a physical book. I was curious if there were any more publications like these, but apparently Dooku: Jedi Lost is the first among its kind. After some consideration I bought the audiobook through the Google Play Store, so I could listen to the book while driving to and from work.

The audiobook is a good six and a half hours long, so it didn't take long for
Geoffrey Payne
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting look into a somewhat mysterious Star Wars character. It was a lot of fun but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I could have read it. Being an exclusive audio production is a choice I understand but I’m just not a huge fan of audiobooks since I have trouble focusing on them. The production and cast is great and this though.
Teresa
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, audiobook
Got this on Audible. Need to finish my current audiobook, but the first two minutes of this...DAMN THIS IS EXCELLENT VOICE ACTING HOLY ASJFKDSFKAJERFIKAJWS!!!

Not really a book. More like a radio drama. I wish a printed script were available.
Joshua Greer
I enjoyed the back story on Dooku and Asajj. However, I feel like the multi-person cast actually detracted from this audio-only novella. There were times when I know I missed parts because the sound was implying distance and I’m not quite sure it left me with the correct desired effect. As to the story, this is definitely a novella, so don’t expect a much true development of Dooku, or his apprentice, Asajj Ventress. It does, however, provide some nice filler for this character who holds a ...more
Christian
While being a poor Star Wars story, it is actually a decent sleep aid.
Skye Elizabeth
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dooku is fascinating, and one of the most underutilised characters in the films, so this backstory has been a long time coming.

Things I liked:
- Like most Star Wars audiobooks, the audio production was great and I loved the sound effects and background music (and I liked the fact that most of the music was pulled specifically from the prequel soundtracks).
- We get to meet Sifo-Dyas, who (in)famously secretly commisioned the Kaminoans to create the clone army. His side plot was tantalising, but I
Billy Jepma
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, star-wars
I wanted to love this, but...I kinda didn’t. Audio dramas aren’t really my cup-of-tea, so that didn’t help, and while I appreciate the attempt at trying something new with Star Wars fiction, this was more of a “miss” than a “hit” for me.

Scott’s writing is fine—and I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read of his comic book work—but the pacing of the story here felt real janky and disconnected. The supporting characters are interesting, but don’t get enough attention to stand out. There are some awesome ideas
Jedimelinda
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite honestly, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to like a novel -- especially a "Star Wars" novel -- that was set in script form. The only ones I have read (and enjoyed thoroughly) were author Ian Doescher's "William Shakespeare's Star Wars" series. But let's face it -- most of us "Star Wars" fans know the various stories so well that we don't necessarily need the in-depth descriptions of characters and settings to know who's who, what's going on, what a setting/situation might be like. But ...more
Michael Hicks
Dooku: Jedi Lost was a worthwhile distraction during my daily commute, however being unfamiliar with the various animated Star Wars series put me at a bit of a disadvantage. I was familiar with Dooku from his appearances in the two prequel movies. Knowing beforehand that his personal history was being uncovered by a Sith assassin Asajj Ventress, my first reaction was "who?" I thought this might have been a good jumping-on point, and while it's easy listening, it's also not incredibly ...more
Alex
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is an impressive audio drama from a production standpoint. The voices, music, and sound effects are all on par with other Star Wars audio productions. I just didn’t care much for the story itself.

I call it a story, but it’s more a collection of vignettes that shows us Dooku in various situations and scenarios. The scenarios aren’t poor or poorly done, but I just didn’t feel invested in many of them. Yoda choosing Dooku for his padawan had me hooked, but my interest petered out as things
Sam Hval
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this is a book even more than the audio production. The story isn't anything groundbreaking or surprising, but it's anchored by a fantastic emotional core and a deep look at familiar characters. I love the lore and context the story adds to the prequel trilogy, and how really stupid the Jedi Order are portrayed here. It helps us understand how they could have gotten overrun so easily and why Dooku would join the dark side. Great stuff. I hope Cavan Scott gets to write a novel for Del ...more
Ahdom
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like this book, but not nearly as much as I did with Master and Apprentice. Yet, they pair really well together. This book did have so much in it that it could warrant more than one listen. I love that the canon is exploring this part of the timeline and giving us more of a history in canon with these beloved characters. I think this drama would do well to be adapted into a comic or novel as well. I hope there are more productions like this in Star Wars.
Chad A Tyler
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
It took me a while to get into the full cast dramatization style, but once I did I enjoyed it. Still would have preferred a regular novel. It was cool to see Dooku’s story of becoming a count, but now I want to know how he became a Sith.
Chris Kelly
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Some of the voice acting was a bit hammy but it fills in much of Dooku's backstory and does give a good account of why and how he left the Jedi order. Worth listening to but don't expect to be blown away by it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Alphabet Squadron (Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron, #1)
  • Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • A Crash of Fate (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #1)
  • Spark of the Resistance  (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #3)
  • Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3)
  • Force Collector (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #2)
  • Star Wars Myths & Fables
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Villains
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Pirate's Price (Flight of the Falcon, #2)
  • Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Allegiance
  • Star Wars: Tie Fighter
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Villains
  • Star Wars: Han Solo - Imperial Cadet
  • Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 5: Worst Among Equals

Star Wars Disney Canon Novel (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Master and Apprentice (Star Wars)
  • Chaos Rising (Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy Trilogy, #1)
  • Queen's Peril (Star Wars)
  • The Phantom Menace (Star Wars: Novelizations, #1)
  • Queen's Shadow (Star Wars)
  • Attack of the Clones (Star Wars: Novelizations, #2)
  • The Clone Wars (Star Wars: Novelizations, #2.1)
  • Revenge of the Sith (Star Wars: Novelizations, #3)
  • Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Star Wars)
  • Dark Disciple (Star Wars)