Start by marking “Once Upon a Wedding: A Fiction From the Heart Second-Chances Anthology” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Wedding: A Fiction From the Heart Second-Chances Anthology

Once Upon a Wedding: A Fiction From the Heart Second-Chances Anthology

Say I do…

Eleven best-selling and award-winning authors request your presence as they share all-new novellas that will have you humming the wedding march and dreaming of champagne toasts. It’s easy to tie the knot with these heartwarming, second chance love stories.

I Do, Again by Jamie Beck
A makeup artist who is forced to become her bridezilla client’s eleventh-hour bridesm
ebook
Published June 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Wedding

Claire Robinson
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - New beginnings... Stars!

~~ Review for- A Wedding in Swan Harbor by Donna Kauffman~~

I love Donna Kauffman’s writing whether it be a full length book or a short ‘n’ sweet novella she nails it pretty much every time, and A Wedding in Swan Harbour highlights all the positives of her writing.

- Great couple
- Gorgeous setting
- Emotional depth
- Great backstories
- Likeable secondary character
- You’re always left wanting more

Widower Lily Dawson is the kind of woman you would want to be friends with
Susan Peterson
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romances are my favorite love stories, so I was excited to find that this group of talented authors have contributed to this anthology! I read Tracy Brogan’s novella, Weather or Knot, and loved it! It was entertaining and romantic, and Allie and Dylan are such a great couple! On top of their second romance story, it was a thrill to be reading about storm chasers! The hunt for tornadoes crackled with tension, but no more than the feelings and attraction that our couple still feels f ...more
Taryn
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is a wonderful compilation of romantic reads great for the romantic at heart. You get eleven wonderful shorts that will have your heart racing at times, the tears falling at others, and a smile at the end of each. A favored author among the reads for me was Donna Kauffman's A Wedding in Swan Harbor. Where you will meet a mother who is getting ready for her daughters simple yet elegant wedding in their barn. She is marrying a wonderful young man and all is going well with the preparations. T ...more
Sally Kilpatrick
May 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, so I haven't read ALL of these yet, but it is my wont to leave a review when I've turned in the page proofs for a story, and I have a novella called Snowbound in Vegas in this collection. If you read it, I think you'll find that for all of us this collection was a bit of a balm to the soul. A lot has changed in the publishing industry and in our personal lives, but we worked on this together, chatting about challenges and victories alike behind the scenes.

So far I've read Jamie Beck's char
Jewlsbookblog
I Do, Again by Jamie Beck
Even with the small heartbreaking reminders of things lost, this was a sweet read. Ellie’s desire to protect herself created some unfortunate roadblocks between her and Cody, but wedding magic has a way of turning things around in the best ways!

The Runaway Bride by Sonali Dev
Nisha was a firecracker and Neel was such a sweetheart! Their relationship was a bumpy ride of understandable insecurities and fears, but it was their relatable heart-to-heart that had me sympathetic
Maria Connor
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Weather or Knot by Tracy Brogan is one of the heartwarming novellas in the Once Upon a Wedding Collection. The story is well-written, and the reader immediately connects with Allie, a meteorologist with big dreams and even bigger regrets. When an assignment riding along with storm chasers unexpectedly reunites her with Dylan--the guy she gave up for a career--those regrets hit with the impact of an F5 tornado.

Dylan is shocked to see Allie after so many years, but the sharp edges have worn off of
Miss W Book Reviews
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If you love weddings (who DOESN’T) and second chance stories, then this anthology is what summer was made for! Ahhhh the second chance trope. All the stories centers around couples that are getting that ever elusive second chance at finding love.

I have read books from all of these author’s and it was no surprise that every story in the collection is 5 STARS from Miss W !

It was fun revisiting some familiar characters and meeting some new ones as well.

The stories are well written with characters t
aarya
This anthology is a mixed bag and this isn’t surprising considering it’s *really* hard to write a well-developed romance in a short novella. I DNFed about half of the stories, disliked some, and was meh about a few. Even if the voice and characters were engaging, it was still difficult to love because of length constraints and under-baked romantic connections.

However, the one exception is the Priscilla Oliveras novella. I really enjoyed it and it’s worth the 99 cent sale price just for her novel
Marjorie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Home Sweet Home by Hope Ramsay. This second chance love story is between Isabella (Isa) and Collin, who had a relationship in their youth that ended badly. Eighteen years later, both return to Sweet Home, Virginia for a wedding. Collin’s 8-year-old son Liam plays a big part in this novella. Without his mother, he has been lost. Isa helps them through their pain with kindness and her cooking. I enjoyed the progress of how each treated the other and watching them grow closer while wary of a ...more
Sudesna Ghosh
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the second chance at love trope and bought this anthology with hopes of reading some sweet romance. I’ve read three of the novellas - Sonali Dev’s, which was super romantic and very real; Falguni Kothari’s which took me straight to a Bollywood movie set and made me want my own superstar hero, and Tracy Brogan’s story that was my first with characters working in the weather reporting field and so sweet too. I loved the eclectic mix of settings in this anthology so far. A wonderful read.
Emilie Davis
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance does not mean second best!

This is a wonderful compilation of stories. Some will require a couple of tissues and there will be great laughs along the way, but the best thing about this book is that you will feel good after reading each story. I can hardly wait for the next book!
Barbara
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t usually go for Anthologies, and when I do grab one it’s usually because it contains a story from an author or two I like. But I love wedding scenes so I thought I give this a go, even though all the authors were new to me. The book totally took me by surprise, as I found myself reading story after story and being transported into a world of love and romance.

The stories range from friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, second chances, reconnecting and everything in between. They were all
George
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is based upon two of the 11 novellas contained in the Anthology.

The first is Liz Talley’s novella: A Morning Glory Wedding.

Liz Talley's story is a charming addition to the excellent Morning Glory series, set as a follow up to the second Morning Glory novel, Perfectly Charming. In that novel, Jess Culpepper, newly divorced from her cheating husband, finds romance with Ryan Reyes.

In this story, A Morning Glory Wedding, Jess and Ryan are planning their upcoming wedding, but are forced
Jeanne Dembenski
Happy

Really enjoyed this wonderful group of stories from a talented group of ladies. The wedding, finding happiness theme was so well done. Hope they collaborate again.
Gale
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For now, I have only read Donna Kauffman’s A Wedding in Swan Harbor. If the rest of the stories are as heartfelt, heartwarming, loving, charming…[please feel free to add your own words!]…as this one was, it will definitely be a winner anthology.

The author tells us that this is a story of second chances but it is so much more, imho. Overall, she really hit the mark with what it feels like to lose a great love and then find a second chance, right before your eyes. I won’t say too much about the ac
Penny Ramirez
I'm going to have to make notes on each story as I go along, or I'll forget!

I Do, Again - Jamie Beck. Funny tale of a makeup artist who is suddenly part of a true bridezilla's wedding party when a bridesmaid falls ill (the pictures wouldn't be balanced! the horror!), only to discover that her ex-husband is also in the wedding. Heartwarming!

Weather or Knot - Tracy Brogan. I'm a weather geek, so this story was great fun for me! Small-town meteorologist is given a plum ride-along assignment with a
Fedora
Jun 17, 2019 added it
Three and a half stars
Ellie's a talented makeup artist strong-armed into her bridezilla client's wedding immediately before the ceremony. The silver lining of sorts? Cody, her ex-husband is one of the groomsmen, and he's not over her. A cute read overall, but I had a hard time swallowing the reason they separated and remained apart for so long, and that lessened my enjoyment of their story.

Weather or Knot by Tracy Brogan
Four stars
Allison's a meteorologist working her way
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
If you love weddings and second chance stories, then this anthology is absolutely perfect to add to your summer reading list.  This anthology revolves around couples that all get a second chance at love. Plus you get to experience eleven different weddings and who doesn't love a wedding? Sappy vows make me tear up every time.

Whether it's tense situations, the reminder of love lost, family, etc...these couples remember what it means to love. Once Upon A Wedding is a happy read with lots of very g
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I picked up Once Upon a Wedding primarily to read K.M. Jackson’s title, but also because I LOVE second chance stories. While I didn’t have time to read all of the stories by this review date, I do plan on finishing the anthology. Here is a look at the three stories I did read.

The Runaway Bride by Sonali Dev (Rajes series)

It is the night before Nisha Raje is going to marry Neel Graff, her childhood friend and forever love. But before Neel proposed to Nisha, he was committed to another who broke h
Jolanda Gelissen
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re a sucker for weddings and/or second chance romance, you should definitely pick up this anthology! These 11 novellas are perfect for a quick read, and have something for everyone’s taste.

I Do, Again by Jamie Beck
A make-up artist who thinks she’s cursed is forced into being a bridesmaid in her bridezilla’s wedding party, and comes face-to-face with her ex-husband, who’s a groomsman. What follows is a lot of reminiscing, heartbreak, and also plenty of wedding shenanigans.
Weather or Knot
Eileen
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchased, author
I totally loved the stories I’ve read, so far, in the Once Upon a Wedding anthology collection by the Fiction From the Hear authors. These stories are second chances at love for their characters.

A Wedding in Swan Harbor by Donna Kauffman has two old friends reunited for a wedding. Blueberry farmer Lily never expected that Sam, her late husband’s best friend, would get time off from his military intelligence position and attend the wedding, let alone a week earlier. Sam left his military positio
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Jamie Beck, Tracy Brogan, Soali Dev, K.M. Jackson, Donna Kaufman, Sally Kilpatrick, Falguni Kothari, Pricilla Oliveras, Barbara Samuel, Hope Ramsay, and Liz Talley for providing me with this trilogy so I may bring you this review.

Once Upon a Wedding Is an incredible collection of Fiction from the Heart Second-Chance Anthology authors who will make you smile, laugh, pull on your heart strings and make you cry. This trilogy is made up of Eleven best-selling and award-winnin
Phylis Carpenter
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wedding in Swan Harbor by Donna Kauffman

This was such a cute story to read. I really enjoyed it. Faith is getting married to a longtime friend of hers (Max). While her Mom (Lily) and her are planning Faith's wedding she leaves a few details out that she tells her Mom later. It is a really emotional tale with a very happy ending. I think everyone would love to read this story. It is a very easy and fast read. I am trying not to give any spoilers so just take my word for it, it is truly an aweso
Sue Galuska
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of 11 novellas all dealing with weddings. My review is only on the book A Wedding in Swan Harbor by Donna Kauffman.

Lily Dawson is excited for her daughter Faith's upcoming wedding but is also feeling melancholy and missing her husband who died four years ago. While Lily and Faith are in the wedding shop looking for a dress for Lily, who shows up but Sam Fletcher, her husband's best friend. Lily had a crush on him when she was young, but then she met Dan and he was the o
Kathy Jund
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Note: I am reviewing only one of the stories in this novella at this time Donna Kauffman's composition A Wedding in Swan Harbor, although I cannot wait for the print book to come out!

Love can show up in the most strangest of places and for someone who totally doesn't see it coming that's the best way! Some unbeknownst behind the scenes machinations are always a nice perk, too! Lilly Dawson has her life in order (or so she thinks), running the family farm that belonged to her late husband's fami
Migdalia Hettler
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I was so excited to download the Fiction from the Heart anthology ONCE UPON A WEDDING! I couldn’t wait to read the novella from one of my favorite authors, Priscilla Oliveras ALWAYS YOURS.

WOW, another fantastic story about the Fernandez familia. I just couldn’t put the novella down! Just reading about the Fernandez familia brought back so many beautiful memories of Priscilla Oliveras MATCH TO PERFECTION series about the Fernandez sisters. Now in Lourdes and Eduardo’s love story I find the great
Kate Douglas
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m usually not a fan of anthologies, and generally read them for the one (sometimes two) stories of authors I follow. I first read ONCE UPON A WEDDING for Sonali Dev’s story, THE RUNAWAY BRIDE. I had recently finished PRIDE, PREJUDICE AND OTHER FLAVORS, and this novella, a prequel about one of the characters in the novel, was absolutely wonderful.

I set the book aside for a couple of days, and then opened it up one afternoon, and picked a random story to read. It was every bit as good as Ms. Dev
Karen
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute little story about a widow who finds love again with her dead husbands best friend. It is all about real emotions and if she should even contemplate having feelings for this man that has been a friend for many many years.

Sam comes back to walk his god-daughter down the aisle and falls in love with the mother of the bride, who also happens to be his deceased best friends wife.

Lily is a blueberry farmer that took over her husbands family farm and loves getting her hands dirty. She never t
Doreen Prentiss Gabriellini
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wedding Swan Harbor by Donna Kauffman is one of the novellas included in Once Upon a Wedding. I loved this story! Donna Kauffman has done it once again! This is a lovely and heartwarming story about second chances. Every though this is a relatively short story, Donna Kauffman pulls you in at the very first page and keeps you turning the pages until the very last sentence. Her characters are very well developed and you find yourself cheering them on because they are so endearing. Ms. Kauffman's ...more
Glittergirl
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I read Donna Kauffman's story in this Box, A Wedding In Swan Harbor. It was an absolutely joy filled story. Lily Dawson is the Mother of the Bride, Faith. She's a widower for 4 years. Faith contacts her Dad's BFF and her Godfather to walk her down the aisle so she doesn't have to take the trip alone. Sam Fletcher is glad to do it as he adores Faith. He is retiring from Navy intelligence work and coming home to stay, although no one knows that. He loves his hometown even if his Dad didn't love hi ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
My newsletter subscribers get monthly fun tips, a chance to win a reader gift box, and other exclusive content. Sign up now! https://bit.ly/2wQhqpU. For updates on discounts and new releases, follow me on BookBub at http://bit.ly/2GBcLM3. NO SPAM--EVER.

Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author Jamie Beck’s realistic and heartwarming stories have sold more than two million copies. She i