Start by marking “Bad Seed” as Want to Read:
Bad Seed

Bad Seed

A tragic death. A dark family secret. A past you can't escape. How well do you really know those closest to you?

Sarah's world has descended into a nightmare. Her only hope of moving on is to find out the truth of what happened and make sure the guilty are brought to justice. She is haunted by her dad's death, consumed by her grief and the memories of a cruel day that
Published October 31st 2019 by Trapeze

To ask other readers questions about Bad Seed, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Bad Seed
Shalini
This was a sweet domestic suspense which took me on a winding road of suspects and motives and strange family dynamics.

Nicola after the death of Charlie was living in the annex cottage of Charlie's stepbrother Ben and wife Fiona and their kids. Daughter Sarah would visit her mum twice a week or so. Nicola started feeling ill, collapsed and died!! The mystery started when Sarah was convinced that the death was not natural.

My first book by author Jessica Eames, I loved the way the author had
Vivienne
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
My thanks to Orion Publishing Group/Trapeze for an eARC via NetGalley of Jessica Eames’ ‘Bad Seed’ in exchange for an honest review.

Nicola is recently widowed and trying to pick up the pieces of her life when she is left in financial difficulties. She now lives in a small annex in the garden of her brother-in-law’s family home. She has even started a new relationship.

However, she is not feeling well lately though her GP suggests it’s menopause and she has the unsettling feeling that her
Lel Budge
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nicola, a widow, has a secret….but someone else knows.

Her husband Charlie died and left her with money issues, so she moves into brother-in-law, Ben’s annex.

Feeling unwell, her boyfriend insists she visit a GP, but due to her being a woman in her 50’s, she is told it’s probably the menopause…..but is it?

She’s convinced something else is happening as she receives a menacing note and her possessions are being moved. Is it all in her mind?

I can’t say too much for fear of spoiling the story, but
Gillian Moore
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following the death of her parents, Sarah is on a mission to get answers. As she digs deeper and deeper into her family', the secrets only get darker and darker.

I loved this book. It was a fantastic story, a very clever and well written murder mystery. The characters were lovable and interesting too and I really couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Highly recommended.
Chantelle Hazelden
Thanks to Negalley and Orion publishing for an ARC of this novel.

Full review to come later in the year.

All I'll say now is that this is a must read thriller.

Kept me guessing THE WHOLE WAY THROUGh

And that ending!

Get this book on your TBR list ASAP!
Cecilia
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for providing this ARC in return for an honest review.

Bad Seed is a well written, compelling domestic thriller. I had a pretty good idea of who the murderer was only a few pages in, but only because the title reminded me of an old movie. That didn't lessen my enjoyment of the book, though, because I did keep questioning my assumption.

Nicola's husband died a year ago and she is building a new life the best she can. She's moved into an annex in her
The Reads
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Tracey at Compulsive Readers and the publisher for my spot on the blog tour and a copy of the book. My review is unbiased and honest. Today I bring to you my review of Bad Seed by Jessica Eames. When I received the invitation from Tracey, I just couldn’t say no. The plotline of family betrayal is one I love, and this twisty and complex story compelled me from page one and endlessly turning each page until the wee hours. This is Jessica Eames debut novel and let me tell you…she has a ...more
Michelle Ryles
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-read
Oh wow, I LOVED this book! It definitely has the wow factor as Part One ended and I was absolutely stunned, but that didn't even come close to how gobsmacked I was at the end. Family secrets are always a good hook to have in a book and the secrets in the Gregory family are about to tear them apart. Not content with just the damage caused by secrets, someone wants to speed things up a bit with the use of belladonna, also known as deadly nightshade. Secrets and poison! Awesome!

The story is told in
Maria
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is told between 3 females voices; Nicola, Sarah and Fiona. Nicola’s husband passed away a few months ago, now she is living at the attached apartment of his brother-in-law and her wife, Fiona. And Sarah, Fiona’s daughter is trying to cope with the sadness in her own way, but now she is ready to socialize again.
Everything will start when Nicola will start feeling ill, she goes to the doctor for a treatment but she is only treated like a crazy menopause woman that is exaggerating her
Misfits farm
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nicola was married to Charlie. When he died she had to move having found their finances were not as healthy as she might have thought. She now lives in the annex of the house of Charlie’s stepbrother Ben and his wife Fiona. Nicola has a daughter- Sarah. When Nicola starts to get odd messages and it appears that someone has been in her home she is rather spooked, even more so that they might know her secret- something she has never told anyone but is to do with Charlie. As this progresses she ...more
Karen Huxtable
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Tracy Fenton at Complusive Readers for my invitation to the tour and to Trapeze books for my copy of the book in return for a fair and honest review.

Nicola has a secret, her perfect life with her husband Charlie and daughter Sarah wasnotall it appeared to be. Charlie is now dead and Nicola and Sarah are rebuilding their lives.

Nicola is not feeling herself and she thinks it's her age and it is put down to the menopause.
She starts to receive notes that indicate that someone else may
Melanie’s reads
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is narrated by the three women of an extended family. Nicola Charlie’s wife, Sarah their daughter and Fiona Nicola’s sister in-law. All have unlikeable qualities, secrets and are unreliable. So who can you trust?
Part one was slow, filling you in on the family dynamics and Nicola becoming ill and paranoid. The doctor brushing it off as menopause. This unfortunately being a harsh reality to many women. Part one finishes with such a revelation you then realise you are going to have to
Louise
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Kim
Nov 12, 2019 added it
Review to follow
Laura Webster
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like a psychological thriller, this is the book for you! Starting with the shock at the end of Part One, the story is full of twists and turns. My sense is that the writer is urging you to guess as you approach the penultimate chapters, but - unlike other works of a similar genre - this only serves to add to the suspense. I will be recommending this to my family/friends, and looking out for more books by this author in the future. Five stars!
Brid Cogan

• Safe House
  • Violet
  • Ghoster
  • Little Siberia
  • Into the Dark (Romantic Suspense #23; Cincinnati #5)
  • Home Truths
  • Búrið
  • 17 Church Row
  • The Family
  • One Christmas Star
  • Die ewigen Toten (David Hunter #6)
  • The Roommates