Start by marking “Blindsided by a Diaper: Over 30 Men and Women Reveal How Parenthood Changes a Relationship” as Want to Read:

It used to be just the two of you. Now you have a baby, or maybe even a few kids, and the luxury of time—to frolic, talk, romance, and simply hang out—is gone, replaced by a big dose of chaos and the demands of little people who rule your home with small, adorable iron fists.

Parenthood brings changes to your relationship, changes that are at once profound, beautiful, irre
Published June 19th 2007 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Blindsided by a Diaper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blindsided by a Diaper

Start your review of Blindsided by a Diaper: Over 30 Men and Women Reveal How Parenthood Changes a Relationship
Kelliann Gomez
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read in the sort-of-prepping-for-kids-but-not-really phase. It was absolutely perfect, and I'm excited to have it around for the future.

I loved the diverse perspectives from parents of different ages, different backgrounds, different relationship/marital statuses, etc... It was empowering to see that all of these people made do and terrifying to read from those who felt worse off with kids and/or lost relationships out of it. My heart bled for some of these parents and s
C
Dec 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
I picked up this collection of essays on parenthood hoping to get the inside scoop of what's in store. Touching and candid, the writers explored how having a child changes your life and redefines your relationship with your partner - for the good and the bad.

These shorts were good, and did give me a glimpse into the life of new parents, the challenges and the joys. Only I was left a little unsatisfied at the end. Not sure what is missing... perhaps I wanted the stories to be more comprehensive
Jen
Aug 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Blindsided is a collection of essays that discuss the ways in which parenthood changes the relationship of the parents. Some essays were poignant, some funny, some forgettable...I think i missed the critical window in which to enjoy this book. I had my first child 10 years ago, my last 5 years ago. I'm sure my relationship with my husband changed upon becoming a mom, but I can't for the life of me remember how. I enjoyed the reading, but I couldn't relate. I bet some new moms would find it worth ...more
Anne
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Tedious, slapstick anecdotes about the double-edged sword of parenthood. Could barely trip through 2-3 essays. Just unnecessary to read through this stuff unless you really relish wallowing in aspects of parenthood such dirty diapers and tantrums and challenges to intimacy (yawn). If these are some of your favorite topics you'll love this book!
Jenny
Feb 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
I think this was a good balance of people who are happy and people who are not. It didn't scare me too much but it didn't make me feel like they were lying to me about how easy it is to have children or that the decision should be taken lightly.
Fran
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This should be the gift I give pregnant women at baby showers but I don't want to diminish their happy glow. This book is raw and real...and hilarious. This book is for anyone who has a baby and suddenly looks at their partner as if to say, "Who the &*%$ are you?". ...more
Aimee
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book was fun. Lots of things to think about for when our baby is born. The only problem was that it got a little repetitive after a while, probably because everyone is talking about their own experiences and everyone is (duh) a writer.
Christopher
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008
Really good but too close to home at times.
Shannon