Start by marking “The Night Before the Tooth Fairy” as Want to Read:
The Night Before the Tooth Fairy

The Night Before the Tooth Fairy

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
It wiggles, and waggles, and wiggles some more, but this little boy's stubborn tooth just won't come out! He hopes it will fall out soon, because he can't wait to meet the Tooth Fairy! This humorous tale based on Clement C. Moore's classic poem is a perfect addition to the best-selling series.

Illustrated by Johansen Newman.
Published September 15th 2003 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Night Before the Tooth Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Before the Tooth Fairy

Calista
My niece is about to lose her first upper front tooth. I got this book to read the night of the tooth fairy. I think it will be tonight.

Cute little riff on Twas the night before Christmas. I didn't think this one work quite as well as the other's I've read. The kids have fun with these.
Tatiana
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Written as a variation on The Night Before Christmas, this tale follows a boy as he loses his tooth and receives a visit from the tooth fairy. I read it to the whole first grade class as part of their day study on teeth (and tusks!). The kiddos especially loved the ending, where a tooth lost is actually a tooth gained.
Nicole
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Cute book, following along with the cadence of The Night Before Christmas. When I went to read it to my son, he'd been looking through it and said that it had good pictures. The pictures are very cute. My son really liked it and wanted me to read it to him again. The ending is very cute. While the main character and the baby are both boys, I still think girls would probably like it.
Melissa Gregory
This is a very funny story. It is about a little boy who wants to meet the tooth fairy so bad. He has a loose tooth and will do anything to get it out, but when it comes down to people trying to help him get it out, he refuses. This book has great illustrations that go along great with the story. this would be a great story for pre-schoolers-2nd grade.
Erin Lynn
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
So when the twins are the only two kids left at the after school program, I read to them.

Today, they chose this book, and it had me smiling from the minute I started reading. Not only does it follow the classic poem almost perfectly, it really describes what it feels like to lose that first tooth.

I wish I would have read it when I was in kindergarten when my first tooth was loose.
Sheila
Nov 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Strange but cute book that kids will love to read before or after they lose a tooth!
Mina Saeed
Oct 19, 2010 rated it liked it
A book to just build a classroom library:)
Kids who have a loose tooth can read it if they like:)
Ryan M. Hanna
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute. I liked the "twist" at the end!
Kirstin Kemppainen
This is a spin off of the book "'twas the night before Christmas" except this was the night before the tooth fairy was coming! This would be a great book to read if students started losing teeth.
Lauren
Jan 31, 2016
Annie Minor
Nov 04, 2014
Cynthia
rated it did not like it
Dec 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Tooth Trouble
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep
  • The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever
  • Valentine Mice!
  • You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?
  • Hello, Biscuit!
  • Stella, Queen of the Snow (CL)
  • Anakin to the Rescue (LEGO Star Wars)
  • Don't Eat the Teacher
  • The Tooth Mouse
  • I'm a Little Teapot
  • Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter
  • I Knew You Could!: A Book for All the Stops in Your Life
  • The Runaway Pumpkin
  • It's Earth Day!
  • Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully (Chester the Raccoon (Kissing Hand) #4)
  • Mrs. Watson Wants Your Teeth
Why am I a writer? When I was a young girl, I wanted to be a teacher. I’d line up my stuffed animals in front of a board and teach them the alphabet and how to count. In high school I wanted to be a tennis player. I was on the tennis team, and played at our neighborhood tennis club. Then in college I thought digging dinosaur bones would be a cool job. It wasn’t until I was working at my own public ...more
More about Natasha Wing