Start by marking “The Purple Castle: A Twisted Retelling of Snow White” as Want to Read:
The Purple Castle: A Twisted Retelling of Snow White

The Purple Castle: A Twisted Retelling of Snow White

Escaping the tumultuous life with her abusive husband, Zareena vanishes into the dark of night where she finds an enchanted land of mystical and magical creatures in the woods behind her home.But as magical as the land seems, a darkness lies in wait—a witch who desires to sit on the same throne Zareena has been destined to occupy. In her quest to the throne and to wash awa ...more
Published April 5th 2019 (first published March 25th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Purple Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Purple Castle

Start your review of The Purple Castle: A Twisted Retelling of Snow White
Danielle's
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantasy meets erotica. A twisted Snow White retelling. Zareena is hoping to escape her abusive husband. When she disappears into the night she finds herself in a magical land. Now she must navigate the truth and lies of the mythical creatures to reach The Purple Castle.

This story is about the leaders of communities Zareena meets on the way. It has a lot of explicit content and the story is creative. It feels like it has a few fairytales twisted into the plot rather than just one.

This is my usu
Stephanie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I have only read two authors who redid fairy tales and I am very very skeptical about authors redoing fairy tales since Disney started making real movies from animated movies. I have to say, Quinn Slater did NOT disappoint me! This book was awesome revision of Snow White. Erotic fairy tale doesn't come close to his writing of sex scenes! HOLY HOLY Hotness!! I can't say anymore without spoiling it. Just read the book! You won't be disappointed!
The Erotic Book Review
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was full of twists and lots of fantastic creatures. I listened to this book on Audible and that is where it took a not so good turn for me. The narrator did her best to sound mystical and alluring, but she fell short. If I had read the story instead of listened, I may have given it 5 stars. There were moments that I felt lost with so many different characters and encounters, but in the end the story was magical and enchanting. When I listen to a story, I'm looking for the escape into ...more
Taryn
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
CL Westbrook
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a magical and sensual story of Zareena's true journey from one world to another where she needs to fulfil her quest.

Zareena is an abused wife in this world and becomes someone to be reckoned with in another. She sheds her clothes and walks off into the forest naked. From then on we see the start of the story emerging and with meeting different characters but they are all sexually open with one another and there kinks and loving there bodies. Its hot, steamy and goes from missionary to k
Natalie Johnson
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tired of being abused, Zareena leaves behind her old life and escapes to the forest where she learns of her destiny. Stripping off her clothes and shedding her identity, she begins her adventure.

Traveling through mystical lands and experiences to save the King of the Purple Castle she becomes rebuilt as a much stronger women. She awakens her sexuality with each land she visits discovering a much different view than her husband provided.

Quinn weaves a magical story filled with adventure that ke
Denise
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This isn't my typical one click, but I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I can honestly say, Quinn Slater, well done sir. Wow, you did not disappoint! I'm not one for dropping spoilers, and won't start now However, this book was a delight to read. It was fun, sexy, hot and a great story line. The characters were well outlined as well as the story. Quinn took me on a magical adventure, where at some points I couldn't put it down. From the time I started til the time I finished, I wanted ...more
LReist
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was an interesting story and something that I did not expect. Zarenna had an interesting journey and not all parts were my cup of tea. If you are into fantasy worlds then this would be a good choice. I finished the book and wasn’t disappointed.

The narration could have been better for me. I ended up speeding it up to 1.25 and that helped. The narrator spoke slow and her voice was somewhat childlike for me. It may have fit with the scene the story was trying to set but made it somewhat hard to
Audra Ennis
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quite interesting story of a sexual awakening.

Zareena decides she's finished this chapter of her life. No more abuse from her sad sack of a husband. She sheds her clothes and walks into the forest looking for the new land she was told would be on the other side. Follow this erotic journey of discovery with her and find out how she changes herself, inside and out! Your eyes will be opened and horizons broadened.
Ashley Blaine
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I gave three stars based on creativity and the fact that there was so much openness in reference to sexuality with these characters. I didn’t really get the parallel to Snow White, but it was definitely different. This was my first time reading this author and unfortunately I didn’t enjoy the writing as much as I had anticipated.
Barbara
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some things are not as they seem...

Quinn Slayer has a unique way of telling a story. I laughed out loud at some of the synonyms he uses. "Offering" being a prime example. A sexual exploration of a woman.
Tanis Owen
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book I've read by him and I want more! The imagination that went into this is phenomenal. It's kind of like the wizard of oz meets a grown up version of snow white. Hard to explain, but it was amazing! The descriptions made you feel like you part of it. This book is 🔥🔥. Loved it!💜💜
Sharilyn Russell
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

What a beautifully written story with a mice spin on Snow White. I enjoyed this journey into the authors mind on what a modern day Snow White would be like
Lindsay
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pure indulgent fantasy!

I need to move to Legendary ASAP. This is a great read if you want to just let your mind be free!
Lori
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Unlike anything I’ve ever read but definitely a good read. Sensual and unique and it kept me intrigued throughout. I didn’t get the reference to Snow White but I still enjoyed it.
Sara
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-book-list
Holy hell! What a ride! Quinn does not disappoint when it comes to sex scenes *fans self*. Wow. A weaver of stories that leave you hot and bothered. I love a book that makes you question things and opens your mind to different things, that's what this book did for me! A must read!!!
Ker Justanotherbookworm
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do not believe in leaving spoilers in a review. I believe that you should read a review, let it pull you in and then you go discover the story details for yourself.

Very different than anything I've previously read. This stories characters are very open sexually & very much into exploring different kinks. Great story, I have so many questions! I love a standalone that leaves me questioning what's next. You get the satisfaction of a full story but are left with curiosity about the future. It wa
Patricia Terry
Lori laflamme
Aug 16, 2019
Marguerite Robinson
Aug 16, 2019

• Nicole (Wainwright Diamonds, #1)
  • Last Dance
  • Hawk's Revenge
  • A Time Apart
  • All The KING'S Women: The KING Duet, Book 2
  • Toy Girl
  • One Filthy Man
  • American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1)
  • Southern Born, Southern Bled
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Welcome to the Paradise: A Valentine's Day Memento
  • Finding Me (Tori's Story)
  • Savage Protector: Motorcycle Club Romance (Outlaw Justice Trilogy Book 1)
  • I'd Rather Not (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #3)
  • My Torin
  • TRUTH
  • Code Red (Behind the Curtains at Parker Memorial, #1)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...