Start by marking “Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work” as Want to Read:
Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work

Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work

#1 WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER - USA TODAY BESTSELLER

A renowned business psychologist, advisor, and consultant to the world's leading companies reveals the key to greater success, meaning, and joy at work

Technology has enabled us to be more interconnected today than ever before. So why do so many of us feel isolated and undervalued at work? Why does it feel like som
Published October 22nd 2019 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about Connect First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connect First

Start your review of Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work
Susan Newman
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More than just a business book, Connect First is a “must read” for anyone who interacts with other human beings. Whether you work for a business or nonprofit, volunteer with a charitable organization or are a member of a team or club, this book is for you. Each of the 52 short chapters highlights an important lesson in treating people with dignity, respect and empathy. Beyond the lessons of academia, this book helps you tap into your humanity for greater happiness and effectiveness. A wide range ...more
Gerry Sanseviero
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There isn’t one question, desire or concern that Connect First leaves unanswered in the search to create deeper meaning in all you do, and especially around your job and your work relationships.

With 52 easy steps (some you haven’t thought of, some you just need a reminder of…) Katzman wrote a book that should be required reading for every new hire (no matter the industry), any person at the (perceived) end of their career and every person thinking, “what do I want to be when I grow up?” no matte
Catherine
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent must read top choice !! Witty wise and trustworthy compilation of research on best practices for how to create thriving cultures at work and home. The format of 52 short chapters is not only succinct, but appeals to how we read now. Whether you are new in the marketplace or in the C Suite, this book will enhance your efficacy and help you be a better leader and human being in the Digital Age!
Jayma Pau
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I whizzed through this and know I will go back to specific chapters as I need it. The author shared stories (from a variety of settings) as well as basic (but much needed) practical tips to enhance my professional life and relationships in general. I've already started behaving differently. I recommend this - if you think it's simple, it is, and it's grounded in science, sprinkled with wit in a way that makes it readable and memorable.
Leslie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Katzman's book is a guide to straightforward, doable actions each of us can take right now to achieve better results in our professional lives. Although the book was written from the perspective of the workplace, the same recommendations can be used to achieve similar improvements in our personal lives. Excellent book. Immediate help.
Joe Knott
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing in both its content and its process, I was able to apply several of Dr. Katzman's 52 recommendations immediately, resulting in positive feedback from my staff and colleagues! This book was also very helpful in guiding me through a successful conflict resolution concerning a lingering work space issue, highly encourage managers and leaders, both corporate as well as NGO, to read this book.
Sean Lowrie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book easy to read and navigate. But don’t be misled by its pragmatism - this book contains deep wisdom about getting along with other people. In today’s turbulent world of global challenges, where the solutions are global and collaborative, we need this wisdom!
Daniela Tejada
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Katzman's book is a must-have for anyone trying to search for happiness at work. It illustrates very clearly how people can find rewards (and give back to others) simply by establishing connections that transcend business and look into our human essence.
DEFINITELY recommend it!
Sylvie M.
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this book and the way it was layout. I felt like a bee buzzing from one topic to another.
Jake Duffie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There’s a lot of garbage business books out there. This is honestly one of the best I’ve read. Practical and readable
Charles Halliburton
Natane
May 19, 2020
Brandon Laws
Dec 01, 2019

• Finding Your Element: How to Discover Your Talents and Passions and Transform Your Life
  • You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters
  • Ghost (Track, #1)
  • SET for Inclusion: An Underlying Methodology for Achieving Your Inclusion Dividend
  • The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
  • All American Boys
  • Dare to Lead
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • Weather
  • On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
  • Unworthy Republic: The Dispossession of Native Americans and the Road to Indian Territory
  • Harvest the Vote: How Democrats Can Win Again in Rural America
  • Taking the Work Out of Networking: An Introvert's Guide to Making Connections That Count
  • American Kingpin: The Epic Hunt for the Criminal Mastermind Behind the Silk Road
  • The Man Who Played with Fire: Stieg Larsson's Lost Files and the Hunt for an Assassin
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • Contagious You: Unlock Your Power to Influence, Lead, and Creat the Impact You Want
  • The Bishop's Bedroom