Start by marking “Copper Creek (Sawyer's Ferry #3)” as Want to Read:
Copper Creek (Sawyer's Ferry #3)

Copper Creek

(Sawyer's Ferry #3)

Frankie:

My life sucks.
After spending a year jobless and on the edge of becoming homeless, I’d officially reached a level of desperation that, even if I wasn’t completely broke, retail therapy couldn’t fix.
While Sawyer’s Ferry, Alaska, is the last place on earth I’d ever want to visit, when my best friend, Holden, begs me to fly out and plan his wedding, I can’t say no.
Published March 25th 2019 by Cate Ashwood

To ask other readers questions about Copper Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Copper Creek

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Let's talk about Frankie and Barrett and how much I'm loving Cate Ashwood's Sawyer's Ferry series. Next on the agenda: a cruise to Alaska. It's been FAR too long since I visited.

Copper Creek is so much fun, not just because of Frankie and Barrett and their sizzling opposites-attract chemistry but because we get to visit with Gage and Holden again, and they're getting married!

That's why Frankie is in Alaska—to plan the wedding (sort of; it's really just a ruse to get him on a plane so he stops
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This was a very sweet story and a great addition to this series that I have really been enjoying.

Frankie and Barrett have such a sweet relationship. They have such a great connection. The chemistry was off the charts with these two. There were so many sweet moments and some funny ones as well. I loved how they just accepted each other. They let each other be. Frankie with all his sass and Barrett with his quiet charm. I just really liked them together and was so happy Frankie got his H
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

This was such a sweet, sexy, low angst read!

"Frankie," he whispered, his mouth against my sweaty skin.

"Mmm."

"I had no idea..."

"Me either," I admitted, because it was true.

I've loved Frankie since I met him in the first book and I'm so glad that he got his story.

Frankie and Barrett were the perfect combination of sweet and sexy. They fit together easily.

I absolutely loved Frankie's confidence. He is who he is. No apologies. His friendship with Holden was amazing. Just the b
Christelle
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Right from the start, I’ve been a fan of this “Sawyer’s Ferry” series written by Cate Ashwood, an author that nicely works for me. It almost makes me wish to be living in this small Alaskan town full of very sexy and hot men (well, almost because me and cold weather…not really, LOL).

Technically, it’s a standalone, but not really as each new addition keeps featuring the previous characters : it’s so good to come back to this place, with his inhabitants and atmosphere and to enjoy the burgeoning
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Easy, Breezy, Beautiful.

Cate does it again! This was almost perfection and I pretty much loved it.

description

Sawyer's Ferry is becoming my favorite small town to visit and this visit was the best. I loved, loved, loved Frankie and loved, loved, loved Barrett.

These two boys couldn't have on the surface looked more wrong for each other but in reality were perfect for each other. I loved that even though Barrett, understandably, had some reservations, when he was with Frankie there were none. He was into hi
Cadiva
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Utterly delightful romance sees Frankie get his Happy Ever After

I do like this series from Cate Ashwood, it's a nicely paced and well developed setting which feels like the kind of town you'd like to settle down in.

I've been wanting Frankie's romance since he first arrived in book one with his sass and attitude but he surprised me by being a lot less diva and a lot more really sweet guy.

Bennett was just my type, brooding but with a heart as big as the ocean and I loved how, after his initial qui
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This one might just be my favorite of the series.

I loved Frankie's snark and sass. He was a bit forceful with Barrett, if you will. He wasn't going to take no for an answer - gay, straight or bi.

But I really liked their chemistry together.

And I liked that there was no unnecessary drama.

This has turned out to be a really fun series. And I have been DYING for book 4 ever since reading that TEASE - Laguna.
Sheri
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sawyer's Ferry has given me much enjoyment so far and let me tell you, I couldn’t wait for Frankie’s story. Frankie has a bold and vibrant charismatic pull that draws you right into his orbit. He’s a brat but he knows it. He’s high maintenance and proud of it. But he’s also hard-working, loyal and full of love. His life was flipped upside down when his boss was arrested and his career flew out the window. Starting over brought more challenges that he expected and his previous life of luxuries ar ...more
BWT (Belen)
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
We first met Frankie in Holden's story (Alaska: Sawyer's Ferry #1) and I have been waiting for this smart, sassy, awesome character to have his own story.

I am so happy with this book!! Frankie absolutely gets the story (and man) he deserves.

Frankie arrives in Sawyer's Ferry to plan Holden and Gage's wedding, but when he meets brewery owner Barrett everything changes. Barrett and Frankie have an instant, and intense, connection. Frankie and Barrett are each everything either man ever wanted in a
Zuzu
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
Another winner in his series! I loved these 2 MC’s. My only niggle is I wanted more emotion when they reunited. That was a tiny let down for me.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, short
3.5 Stars

Frankie is a New Yorker with lots of sass he is use to the big city and loves everything about it. However, his life is a mess. His former employer was arrested for fraud leaving him without a job and very little prospects after. To top it all off he is being kicked out of his cousin's house due to a baby being on the way. So when his friend Holden calls him to come to Alaska and help him plan his wedding, in 2 months, Frankie, although a bit hesitant, does.
Barrett is the owner of a Cop
Ami
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first book of this series, Alaska (with Holden and Gage), but wasn't impressed with the second book. However, I love the idea of romance sets in Alaska so much, I decide to take a chance with this one. Who knew that Frankie's book ended up as my FAVORITE of this series so far!

It really surprised me because Frankie was a bit too much for me in the first book. I couldn't deny that Frankie and Barrett sizzled in this one, mostly due to their opposite attraction. Frankie is the 'fla
haletostilinski
I loved this installment. From the beginning it was shaping up to be as good as the first book and I was super happy. The last book wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be and I was a little cautious going into this one, worried it also wouldn't be so good.

But I needn't have worried, because Frankie and Barrett had great chemistry from the beginning, and I loved all their scenes together. I was wondering how Frankie's story was gonna go and how he would ever get to Sawyer's Ferry.

Frankie was
~Kristin~
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
This ended up being so much fun. I’m so glad I continued on with this series.
Natalie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sawyer’s Ferry has been a great place to visit, and never leave, since Holden got there in book one. So I’ve been anticipating Frankie, ex-employee of Holden’s dad, showing up. I saw a tweet today that sums up who Frankie is, edited for Amazon sensibilities, since they reject reviews with the word G-A-Y, *insert eyeroll & side-eye*:

“reminder: it wasn’t the masc4masc G-A-Ys who normalised homosexuality in society it was the over the top, flamboyant, BRAVE G-A-Y men who dared to live their aut
Annie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars- Some bumps but I do so enjoy this series

I’ve loved Frankie’s character since we first met him in Alaska, the first book of the Sawyer’s Ferry series. I was also intrigued by local brewer Barrett, so I was very excited to see that Copper Creek involved two of my favorite secondary characters from the series. Despite the character overlap, this book can standalone should you wish to jump right in or read out of order. Overall, I enjoyed Copper Creek, I really loved the characters and th
Truuss
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Frankie and Barrett.

Frankie is going to the cold Sawyer’s Ferry, Alaska. Holden and Gage (we know them from earlier reads of this series, all stand-alone) asked Frankie to organize their wedding.
Beside this wedding he also works there for grumpy Barrett, owner of brewery Copper Creek.

Two opposites, Frankie out and proud gay and Barrett straight and unknown of his preferences.
They fight and argue and are also very attracted to each other. Barrett can’t resist the frivolous Frankie. When they fin
Elizabeth
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
AHHH Barrett and Frankie are a great addition to the series. It's true opposites attract and people are willing to change so much for love. Frankie and Barrett are no exception they are the rule. They fall in love after Frankie comes to town to work on Gage and Holden's wedding but what he ends up doing is changing his life and Barrett's. There is so much good here. Knockout chemistry, hot sex, and sweet, sweet love.
Amanda
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Copper Creek is my very first introduction to author Cate Ashwood and I enjoyed her writing very much. This is the third book in her Sawyer's Ferry series, but they can be read as standalones.

Frankie is at an all time low, jobless and soon to be homeless, and even though Alaska is the last place he wants to be that's where he finds himself. Two months in the middle of nowhere to plan his best friends wedding. A few days in, and he finds himself doi
Elle
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I was over the moon when I found out Ms Ashwood was writing Frankie's’s story, it was begging to be told. After he appeared in book one of the series, I’ve wanted to know more about him. I was not disappointed. I absolutely loved this sassy, sexy and sweet romance.

It amazes me how much Cate can pack into her stories. I loved the romance between Frankie and Barrett. Frankie is a great character, I reckon that he's likeliest the strongest character of the series so far. Also, her descriptions of A
Adrianamae
This one was fun --what a delightful read.
Jenny Wood
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this series, and we finally get Frankie!

If you don’t remember Frankie, I urge you to go back and read Gage and Holden’s story, as he’s Holden’s bestie from New York. He’s crazy, in-your-face and unapologetic about who he is and I love that so much about him. So, after losing his job when Holden’s dad’s company went under, he’s been staying with his cousin Gia, who just told him she’s pregnant again, and their already small apartment was about to get smaller…. So, he needed t
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by PizzyGirl

When this ARC showed up in my inbox, I squealed in delight! I was eagerly awaiting Frankie’s story and was soooooooooo excited to see it had finally arrived!

At first I had to check myself because this Frankie, well he was an asshole and I honestly was taken aback and didn’t care for him. I realized that while I was waiting for Frankie’s story, Barrett was just as important to me and I DID NOT like seeing Frankie acting so condescending and dismissive of him. Barrett deserved
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Office-Manager Frankie ist eine richtige Stadtpflanze, die sich eigentlich nur in New York wohlfühlt. Doch nach Monaten der Arbeitslosigkeit und dem Leben bei der Familie seiner Cousine, führt ihn sein Weg ausgerechnet nach Alaska. Dort steht sein bester Freund Holden kurz vor seiner Hochzeit und könnte Hilfe bei der Organisation ebendieser gebrauchen. Frankie muss bei seiner Cousine raus, da diese neuerlich schwanger ist und fügt sich seinem Schicksal.

Sawyer's Ferry ist nun wirklich nicht mit N
Kirstin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Oh, how I've loved this series. And to finally get a book about Frankie, well... it was perfect.

Frankie Bell is out and proud and high maintenance. His life in New York isn't what he'd been expecting a year ago when his bosses ended up in prison and the company fell apart. Temp jobs have gotten him nowhere and he's better than this. So when Holden asks him to Alaska to plan his wedding, he's got nothing to lose by taking a few months of vacation from his life.

Barrett has lived in Sawyer
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sooooo much.

I have to admit that started reading this I was afraid it’s the last book planned in the Sawyer’s Ferry series. But nope! Rest assured, another one is planned in a few months. Woot.

I was so happy to read Frankie’s story. I’ve been intrigued by him ever since the first book. His interaction with Holden was so amusing to me, I wasn’t surprised to find that even here, in Copper Creek , Frankie has the best dialogues. Especially in the first part of the book, during the flir
Didi
My favorite of the series (so far) - I just loved LOVED Frankie!! I have to be honest though, I didn’t particularly like him at first in “Alaska” but then my impression improved, especially how a riot he was in a short appearance in “Bishop Ridge.” Now, it’s time for him to step into the spotlight to tell his own story, and man was I amused by them!

In this third entry to Ashwood’s “Alaska” series, Frankie Bell finally set foot in Sawyer’s Ferry, Alaska to help planning Gage and Holden’s wedding
Danielle Gypsy Soul
This was the first book in this series that I have read but I definitely enjoyed it enough that I will be going back and reading the first two books.

Frankie and Barrett are great characters and although they are incredibly different they work really well together. I love that Frankie is completely comfortable with himself and doesn't really care what people think about him. He's high maintenance and very different from anyone else in Sawyer's Ferry. Barrett has never acknowledged that he is bise
Jennie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Frankie and Barrett are polar opposites in every way except their attraction to each other.
I really liked both of these men. The author did a great job of bringing them to life.
I enjoyed watching their relationship evolve.
Knowing Frankie's imminent departure puts and end date to what they have, both men refuse to admit or acknowledge their growing feelings.

Will either of them admit to how they feel?
Will Frankie go back to New York?
Will Barrett come out publicly and ask Barrett to stay?
Or was it
Claudia
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
i liked this one ... it was a nice story with fun characters. Frankie was great - I loved the way he just was himself and did not give a second thought about what the others thought about him.

Barrett was a good guy and took his revelation about himself without a lot of panic - which was good to read.

all in all a good read

(as I read only this one in this series, I can say, they are stand-alone novel)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Cate discovered her love for books of all kinds early on, but romance is where her heart truly lies. She is addicted to the happily ever afters and the journey the characters take to get there. Currently residing in White Rock, B.C, Cate loves living just a stone's throw from the ocean. When she's not writing, she can be found consuming coffee at an alarming rate while wrangling her children, her ...more

Sawyer's Ferry (3 books)
  • Alaska  (Sawyer's Ferry, #1)
  • Bishop Ridge (Sawyer's Ferry, #2)