Start by marking “Garrett (Dark Water Security #2)” as Want to Read:
Garrett (Dark Water Security #2)

Garrett

(Dark Water Security #2)

At a buddy’s wedding, I met her. The perfect woman. The one who made me want something more than a one night stand. I had the most amazing night with her, only to wake up the next morning to an empty bed.

Two and a half years later, Garrett met Hope again. If he accept an offer to provide live-in security to some rich tech guy—it turns out she'll be his new roommate. At
Published April 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Garrett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garrett

Start your review of Garrett (Dark Water Security #2)
Angela
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Garrett is the second book in the Dark Water Security Series by Madison Quinn. After reading Luke (Book #1), I was intrigued by the rest of the Dark Water Security team, so when this book released, I wanted to read it to find out what happens and discover more about Garrett, who was the ‘new guy’ on the team in book #1. This is a story of second chances, secrets, danger, suspense, some mystery, drama, threats, intrigue, chemistry, and steamy encounters.
As I’ve mentioned, we met Garrett
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Book two in the Dark Water Security Series by Madison Quinn might not be as intense as the first book, but that is hardly surprising as the first book was really a tough one. Still, the author did a great job with Garrett in creating yet another intense character that I instantly loved. What actually made the story less intense for me was the job the two leading characters had aka the "boss" of both of them.

I actually felt irritated at times because with the plot pointing in one direction I
Heather Bass
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of books from this author and she continues to blow my mind. This is the second book of the Dark Water Security series. I absolutely love second chance romance but this book exceeded all my expectations. This book can be read as a stand alone but there are prior characters in this story as well. I was so excited when I got this book I dropped everything and started it right away. This story had me hooked from the first page and it only took me a full day to devour this ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance story that has a few twists and turns that keep the story engaging. Garrett and Hope met one night only to meet once again a few years later. What will happen when they come face to face again? I enjoyed both characters and the suspense and the lurking danger they bring to the story. Their chemistry is great and strong. I found myself hoping that they make through together at the end. I highly recommend this book, I can’t wait for the next one in this series.
Treasa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT Second Chance Read!
What an amazing second chance read that captivates your right from the start. A great flow of twists and turns that keeps you engrossed enjoying the drama and edgy intense chemistry. Emotionally charged and highly enjoyable that I would definitely recommend.
Char Davis
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Garrett is asked by Like his boss at Dark Waters Security of he is willing to do love in security.He says I have no wife an no girlfriend so yes What Garrett didn;t expect was to find the woman he has never stopped thinking to be working there as the cook an housekeeper an she will be his roommate.When he looks Hope in the eye he knows something has happened to this beautiful woman her eyes show pain and something else.He knows he will have to take it slow warm her trust and maybe she will ...more
Donna
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book about a young woman (Hope) who is working as a live-in housekeeper and chef to a wealthy owner of a tech company (Richard). Richard hires an ex-Marine (Garrett) who is now working for a security company to live at his home and protect him after receiving threats from an unknown source. When Hope and Garrett see each other at Richard's home, they are shocked to realize that they know each other from having spent one night together about two years before. Hope had mysteriously ...more
Heather 123
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the men of Dark Water Security! With each book, the author manages to bring you in further and further, leaving you wanting more. After reading Luke and now Garrett, I'm dying to know Alec's story!

Garrett and Hope meet during a wedding and have an incredible night together. They hit it off immediately and end up spending the night together in his hotel room. Hope is the first woman that has Garrett wanting more, even though he knows it won't be easy since he still has another two years in
Karyn Taylor
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett is the 2nd book in the fantastic Dark Water Security series. I adored book 1 in the series ‘Luke’ and was looking forward to getting to know the other members of the Dark Water Security team. This book did not disappoint.
Garrett is an ex-marine and is a new member of the Dark Water Security team. As an ex-marine, I expected Garrett to be a hard and unyielding character, whereas he turned out to be a sweet, loving guy who I couldn’t help but totally adore. Yes, he was mentally tough and
Treena
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
1.5 to 2.0 Stars a.k.a. -- this book falls right in between, I thought "it was meh" and "it was okay".

Why? Well, imo, there was no chemistry between the MC's. I also thought that the plot was a little lackluster and, shall I say, boring. Nothing really happened till the end of the book.

Sigh. This is one of those books that I felt would've been better as a novella because I found the pace to be too slow and that the story dragged on.

Sorry.
Candy Edwards
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love reading second chance love stories you'll love this book. It was a great romance and also some twists and turns along the way to make it interesting. Garrett met Hope 2 1/2 years ago at a wedding. They end up spending the entire night together. Their perfect night is cut short the next morning when Garrett wakes up and finds Hope mysteriously gone. He had never connected to anyone like Hope and now she was gone without him even getting her last name. Fast forward to present day. They ...more
Kathy S. Owen
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Garrett and just loved it. Hope and Garrett were meant to be together but after a wonderful night together tragedy ensues and they don’t see each other for several years. After meeting again on the job the attraction is still there and a friendship and ultimately love occurs. Loved how patient Garrett was with his love for Hope. They encounter a bit of strangeness with their employers and ultimately some danger but nothing stands in their way of being together. Totally different ...more
Jenni Bishop
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Garrett (Dark Water Security Series Book 2) by Madison Quinn is a story about
second chances. It is a story that has secrets and lies, a little mystery and suspense
and a little danger and intrigue. I would have liked to see more a little more danger,
but overall I enjoyed the story and Madison’s writing style. I would read book one first
because the characters crossover as it is about the men of the Dark Water Security,
and let me tell you they are some smoking hot men.
Garrett is an ex-marine and a
Annie
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this story about Hope and Garrett. He's an ex Marine who is starting to work for a security company. She's had a rough life and is just getting reacquainted with working again. She's is working as a live-in maid / cook. When her boss starts getting threatening letters he agrees to hire a security firm. he is having a meeting with them and when she meets the new head of his security she's dumbfounded when she sees Garrett Foxx. two ...more
Jana
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Garrett is the second book on Madison Quinn’s Dark Water Security series. Madison Quinn gave us an earth shaking opening with Luke and she continues strong in Garrett. Garrett is not as intense as Luke but in no way are we disappointed with him! We could see the promise of him in the first book, considering how brief his appearance was, it does tell you something!
Garrett’s assignment is working personal security for a tech mogul and he needs to live on site. This live in comes with a surprise
Robin Rankin
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett by Madison Quinn is the second book in the Dark Water Security series. I loved Garrett, he was just an amazing guy and after meeting his parents I could see why.

Hope's life changed two and a half years ago, she went from the best night to the worse in a blink of an eye. She has struggled to start living again after that night but thanks to her best friend she is able to start moving forward.

Garrett is fairly new with Dark Water Security and is surprised when he walks into his new job.
HiddeninmySoul FanFiction
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A true representation of the one that got away, as well as the one who got under your skin.

Garrett and Hope are the truest form of undeniable love at first sight from the get go of this book. They both have their demoms of 2.5 years to work through but neither of them can deny they have something still simmering away underneath it all.

There are so many things to love about this book, and so many emotions I dealt with while reading this. Madison Quinn is a stunning story teller, with in depth
Sherry
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dark Water Security series continues with Garrett and it’s phenomenal! Hope’s compelling story about overcoming multiple tragedies in her life after meeting Garrett for the first time. They meet again while working for the same employer and flashbacks from that night threaten to derail the progress she has made in her life. Garrett realizes Hope is the woman he met and was unable to keep contact. Danger lurks for them and the trust they have for each other gets them through it. Fantastic ...more
Michelle Austin
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett was a great 5 star read and book two in the Dark Water Security series. Madison continues to pull me in with her writing, I was excited to get Garrett and Hopes story.

Garrett has a new job with Dark Water Security, he will be a live in security person. He will be sharing a living area with someone else who works for the guy. What he doesn’t expect is to come face-to-face with the woman who walked away after one night two years ago, the woman he hasn’t been able to forget about since.

Hope
Ashley Olson- lovestoread08
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Dark Water Security books and if you loved Luke you are going to love Garrett!! Garrett and Hope have a history that Hope struggles with but Garrett is understanding! Garrett is the stone alpha male that we all love and just what Hope needs! They have an amazing and intense chemistry together! I can't get enough of the Dark Water Security guys and I am super excited about the next one!!!
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He had found the woman who he wanted at his best friends wedding but in the blink of an eye she's gone. Now Garret's home from the Marines and has a security job to protect Richard a tech guru and wouldn't you know it, the woman he has been dreaming bout is there working as well! Shock doesn't even describe Hope's feelings of seeing Garret again. Will this be their second chance to have a happily ever after?

Erica Fish
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
One thing I like about the Dark Water Security Series by Madison Quinn is that you do not need to read the other books to be able to follow along. Garrett, the second book in the series holds true to that statement. Madison Quinn is a contemporary romance author who does not focus on the romance part of the story, do not get me wrong romance is there but there is a story around the romance. Garrett and Hope had one night together and he did not think he would see Hope again. Well the new job has ...more
Lisa H
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett is ex military and just starting a new gig with Dark Wayer Security for a tech guru. It’s a live in sitch.

Two years ago, he met Hope and they had a hook up. But she ghosted on him and he went back. He’d hoped to keep in touch but no such luck with no last name.

To his surprise, Hope is living in his new situation.
Some intrigue and steam.

Clayre Tower
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was fate!

Garrett and Hope were meant for each other! Their story will make you believe in soul mates and destiny.
It was unfortunate that Hope had some bad memories associated with their night but once they reunited I was glad she could focus on the happiness she had that night and they were able to move forward together.
Garrett is a great, protective partner and compliments Hope's character perfectly.
I am looking forward to more in this series especially Cole's story.
Kaitlynn Taylor
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett by Madison Quinn

5-stars

Garrett by Madison Quinn was a phenomenal read from start to finish! It’s the 2nd book in the Dark Water Security Series, a series I would recommend reading in order for proper storyline introduction.

Garrett’s story was so well written with so many details the storyline flowed so well. There was just enough going on that I was highly entertained the whole way through. I loved being able to follow Hope as she discovers how to live a great life after trauma. The two
Liz
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book one in the Dark Water Security series from Madison Quinn really set the bar HIGH for me, as I absolutely adored it. I was skeptical that this one would reach the heights that it did and yet Madison Quinn managed to steal my heart away again with the story of Garrett and Hope. I will say maybe not as much as the first couple did, but still fabulous and sweetly.

Garret and Hope had that one perfect night, you know the one, so many of us like to erase and hide in the back of our minds as a, ‘
Dannie Ziegler
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great look into the Dark Water Security family. I love how he author is able to weave previous characters into the story and peak our interest with upcoming leads. Garret and Hope really bring you along in their story of lost and found love. Can’t wait to read more from this series!
Naomi Valkyrie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Garrett is the second book in the Dark Water Security Series. It can be read as a standalone.

I really enjoyed this story. It kept up a pretty good pace and the characters were easy to connect with. I did find that the ending was a little anticlimactic, I was really thinking there was going to be more to the whole lifestyle scenario with Mr. Meyer’s brother. That piece seemed like a loose end after the conversation that is overheard. I had a little chuckle at Hope’s first encounter with her boss’
Lyndsey Fairley
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett (Dark Water Security book 2) By Madison Quinn

I have to say that this book had me frustrated at a secondary character from the get go but it didn't take away from the main characters too much. Just he had me mad i couldn't figure him out.
Garrett and Hope met a couple years ago, had a great night and then life changed drastically for one of them.
When they meet again, it brings memories back that they don't think they can make it through.
As they get to know one another more, and continue
Heather
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Garrett (Dark Water Security book 2) ByMadison Quinn is a contemporary romance was an excellent follow-up to Luke, the first book in the series. This story features Garrett who works for Dark Water Security. A live-in security positions brings him back to a woman, Hope, that Garrett met following a wedding years ago. This story is a wonderfully written second chance romance that has amazing chemistry between the lead characters, along with drama, suspense and uncertainties. The way the events ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Haunted by Her
  • The Love Plan
  • Haunted by Him
  • Vantage Point (Gray Ghost #4)
  • Rewind (Rewind #1)
  • Heels Of Fortune (PJ Santini Series Book 2)
  • Hell On Heels (PJ Santini Series Book 1)
  • Perfectly Played
  • Haunted by Them (Shattered Lives #4)
  • Stronger
  • Return (Rewind #2)
  • Reset to One (Paranormal Talent Agency, #2)
  • Flirty Dancing
  • That's a Wrap (Paranormal Talent Agency, #3)
  • Impact (A Twisted Hearts Love Story book 4)
  • A Person Could Disappear Here
  • Perfect Storm
  • Pandora's Price (Hart & Cole Book 3)
Madison is a mother to three energetic boys, a wife to an amazing man and works full time in the human services industry.

In her spare time (the little that exists) she loves to write.

Madison published her first novel in September 2018.

Dark Water Security (2 books)
  • Luke (Dark Water Security #1)