Start by marking “Play Hard” as Want to Read:

Play Hard

Soccer’s hottest, baddest bad boy is my stepbrother. And he’s coming home.

Sophie

I can’t get Dex Carter out of my head. He’s on TV screens, underwear ads - and in my family. Now his bad boy ways have gotten him in trouble, and here he is, disgraced. In the flesh.

The least he can do is solve my problem: I’m a twenty-three-year-old virgin. He’s the perfect candidate. I onl
Published January 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Play Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play Hard

KatS
I am so sick of reading about the hero who has sex with OW while the heroine is a virgin pining for him at home. How is that in anyway romantic? It's not.

The author's definition of a "safe story" unfortunately doesn't match mine. It would be safe for me if the hero stopped screwing OW after they met. That did not happen. Instead hero and hero meet and he continues to travel around the world having sex with models for four years. By contrast the heroine goes on countless first dates to never go
Jen ❥
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. Dex and Sophie were wonderful characters, flawed and down-to-earth, and the only thing keeping it from being a five star read was relatively minor. (view spoiler)

If you're a fan of step-sibling romances, this is definitely a hi
Kristiej
IF you follow my reviews at all, you will know I have a mad crush on the writings of Julie Kriss. I thought I’d read them all but while perusing my way to many Kindle books, I noticed I hadn’t read this one yet. SCORE!

This is a step brother/step sister romance, which has it’s little niche in the romance novel world. I’ve read a few and while it’s not a favoured sub-genre, they can be OK. When I saw Ms. Kriss authored a couple, I was so on board.

This book is about Sophie and Dex. Their parents ma
Jae
An OK story. I liked it, just not passionately enough like I usually did with JK's other books.
Lindap
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.50 / 4 Stars

Step-brother stories are hit and miss for me. With that said, I enjoyed Julie Kriss' book. I know some people get hung up on the "sibling" thing, but let's face it....they're not blood related. In this case they weren't little kids when their parent married the other. There is an actually story to get caught up in and you get to know the characters.
Colette
I have a weakness for stepbrother books and thus was one of the better ones I've read.
Arlene Adams
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bad-boy, sports
Tammy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Misty Hamilton
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Play hard

Stepbrother books are one of my favorite tropes to read. This one had just the right amount of heat and drama to keep it interesting. I'd definitely recommend this to others. A very enjoyable read
Anna
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Long Distance

Another fell in love with my step sibling. Will it work long distance or do they each find another. This book held my interest through to the end, even though I knew what the ending would be as soon as I opened the book.
Brandy Foote
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a really good good book..

this really good I was in love with how it was writen.. the book was really had to put down.. the store line was great.. one of the best stepbrother romance book i have read..
Sophie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Play Hard

I don't read a lot of stepbrother romances but that one was actually quite nice. They felt something for each other since the beginning and over the years their love grew. There is not much drama, and if it is, it's quickly solved.
Stacy
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great taboo read

I absolutely love stepbrother romances, the is just something about this genre that I can not get enough of them. This book was my first by this author and I have already downloaded more from her. My new favorite author for this genre.
P
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall a good read

This story is sweet and heartwarming, and sexy with a little angst. I liked both the H/h, except when the h almost threw everything away as she tried to work through what was important to her.
Sabrina Wilfinger
Taboo step

Well I don't usually enjoy books with a skipping timeline this book is an exception. The lead characters were easily visible in my head. There was a nice story line and though probably considered an erotica book was tasteful. Being steps was not a thing.
Amy
Oct 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading by Chapter Twelve. This book had potential but felt rushed and not much character building. Got bored...
Linda Wimer
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I'm so loving this authors work. I've read two books now from this author and I've loved every word. Must read.
Jacqui Brooks
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

I love reading books, but I hate writing reviews. That being said, I rate this book: Story: 4/5 stars. Heat level: 4/5 stars.
Blue
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
More like 3.5 - quite sweet really.
Vikki Bulmer
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Have read a few of Julie Kriss' books, this one was good but didn't excite as much as the others. It seemed like a straight forward plot, I did enjoy it though.
Kari Kaz
dnf, will try again at a later time.
Sarah Snow
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love everything about this author’s writing. She creates the best heroes and I can’t get enough!!
Lisa
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courtenay Bennett
I really enjoyed this book. I don’t go looking for stepbrother tropes but when they’re well done I can get behind it 😉
Jess
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AhhhhhMazing

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!!! It was sweet, surprising, and sinful!! Not your typical "stepmother bad boy" romance. A really steamy, but tactful great read. I felt like the characters had a lot of depth and we're relatable. Read it in a day because i couldn't put it down! Totally going to go look up ALL of Julie's books!
Karen Durant
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sophie & Dex's story is about 2 people that become step siblings when they're adults. She falls totally in love with him. It's a good read. If this is not your genre, & you're gonna give it a bad rating based on that, DON'T read it!
Michelle
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hate it but I didn't really like it either. The hero was great but the heroine was kind of blah and a bit if a coward. I didn't really believe the relationship on her side. It seemed like a crush she would have gotten over if she had met any guy who wasn't a fan of the hero.
Mindy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were realistic and relatable. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good and steamy romance that isn't afraid or turned off by the taboo situation in the story.
Christine
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This story is of Sophie and dex how their relationship as step siblings and their careers effected their relationship. A great read.

• Br0th3rly (Famous on the Internet, #1)
  • Loaded
  • Stepbrother Wolf (Stepmates #1)
  • Untouched (Midwest Alphas, #1)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Just Breathe Out
  • Hunger
  • Promise You'll Look After Him
  • Twisted Secrets
  • Binomial Coefficients
  • Obsessed
  • Mine
  • Sophie's Sweet Temptation (Sweet Temptations #1)
  • Men of Mayhem
  • Out in the Deep End
  • Love Me Crazy
  • Hard Tackle (Stepbrother Warriors #1)
  • Powerful Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #1)
“I want this,” I panted, as if he couldn’t tell. “You want this?” He reached down and stopped my hand, pressing his over mine, pressing my palm against him. “You want my cock inside you? You want to feel it?” 0 likes