Start by marking “The Crimson Deathbringer” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Deathbringer

The Crimson Deathbringer

The Akakies, a peaceful, technologically advanced alien species known as “the galaxy's pranksters,” are under attack by the Xortaags, a vicious military race bent on conquering the universe. The Xortaags are deadly, but Tarq, the Akakies’ chief strategist and legendary shadow master, has a plan.

Meanwhile on Earth, Jim, a wise-cracking, movie-quoting, OCD-suffering fighter
Published May 3rd 2019 by Creativia

To ask other readers questions about The Crimson Deathbringer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crimson Deathbringer

Old Man's War by John ScalziDune by Frank HerbertLeviathan Wakes by James S.A. CoreyStarship Troopers by Robert A. HeinleinPandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton
Excellent Space Opera
507 books — 2,784 voters
Hyperion by Dan SimmonsDune by Frank HerbertEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardFoundation by Isaac AsimovThe Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons
Best Space Opera
474 books — 1,032 voters

More lists with this book...

James
Alien Invasion! Future Coming Faster Than We Think! Hold On To Your Senses! My experience in this realm consists of Star Trek and Star Wars, plus a handful of other books I've read in the sci-fi genre in the past year. It seems I might like this genre more than I thought... after a few excellent authors I've added to my list this year, I'm adding another one with Sean Robins, writer of The Crimson Deathbringer, published in 2019.

When I first read the title, a bloody crash came to mind. After sta
Jina Bazzar
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book, I had 0 expectations, no idea of what I was going to find.
And man, was I surprised.
The Crimson Death Bringer is a mix of funny and clever dialogue, action packed adventure, with scenes that made me chuckle, bite my nails, and provoked a tear or two.
All while it kept me at the edge of my seat, trying to guess what would happen next. And no, most times I guessed wrong.

In this book, Sean Robins takes us into a futuristic adventure where aliens have come to conquer earth. S
Hourmazd Marduk
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The novel is just wonderful!

The writer is true and by heart geek & knows his stuff! The novel itself is a fresh take on the sci-fi genre! this is clearly a sincere & heartfelt story with all the right feelings!

There is drama, there is action, the humor is on point, the characters are charming! no matter if you're a casual reader or a hardcore sci-fi fan, you'll definitely find this a good read, especially the callbacks and references which are hilarious!

I honestly thought I could gues
Reza Mehregani
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is even more dynamic than I expected, I look forward to reading it again, more slowly and spending more time on the details.
Sean Robins
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It will be weird for me to review my own book, so I am going to post a few editorial reviews written by other people:

Sean Robins tells an exciting story with engaging and sympathetic characters. The action generally moves the story right along, and the reader remains invested in what happens to the characters. A high level of interest and sense of suspense is maintained by (SPOILER!!) a particularly prominent or appealing character.
TouchPoint Press Acquisitions

The Crimson Deathbringer is an ex
Tyler Colins
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
See my 4.5 -- how do you slice that star in half? -- review on my blog, The Writer's Grab-Bag. Get cozy / hunker down. You'll enjoy this fun and funny, action-packed sci-fi debut novel.
Anthony
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

A futuristic Earth torn apart by an evil global dictatorship finds itself clashing with the discover of not only life on other planets, but a galactic war that has put Earth in it’s crosshairs in author Sean Robbin’s novel “The Crimson Deathbringer”. Here is the synopsis.

The Synopsis

Jessica Belmont
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh! This is a brilliant Sci-Fi I read in one sitting. Here's the deal, when I was asked to read this book, I read the blurb and immediately knew I needed to read The Crimson Deathbringer. It felt like the Sci-Fi I had been waiting to read for a while. And I was right!

I love the dialogue. There is humorous and cleverness in the lines, and I was highly impressed with the characters. There are multiple POVs, which sometimes I think can be the downfall of a book, but Sean Robins has proven himself
Jennifer Madsen flores
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The nerd in me just couldn’t put this down. As a huge Trekkie, and a fan of GRRM and a lot of other sci-fi and fantasy, it was very enjoyable to read a book where the main character was constantly spouting off delightful references to all such things. It was a bit of a slow start but I really enjoyed the story and the characters grew on me. 5 stars for getting me to laugh, tear up, and anxiously bite my nails (kind of like Tarq haha) all in the same afternoon.
Kenna McKinnon
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a compilation of the most hilarious quotes and concomitant brief scenes from Star Trek, Star Wars, Deadpool, Back to the Future, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel and DC Comics and more - and Shakespeare!! all packaged into vivid and tightly moving action sequences - an epic, really - of an alien invasion and attempted complete subjugation of the entire Earth. Can Jim, the good aliens, and their mercenaries defeat the Galaxy's most evil (yet oddly human) and undefeated alien General who pi ...more
Sonali Agarwal
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got the free copy of this book in the exchange of an honest review.

Being not a sci-fi person, I was little skeptical about reading this book but, now I can say this one is a gripping sci-fi. In the era of 'Game of Thrones'.. I was searching for similar content as this genre has started to excite me. Kudos to the Author, Sean Robbins who has done a great job of mixing action with humor quite well. I would love to read more from him.

If you are a sci-fi lover or just love to read book then, go fo
Sarah Katz
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robins weaves a unique space opera that actually involves refreshingly unique alien species. By focusing on several central characters, the reader experiences a cosmic battlefront through the eyes of feasible individuals. With a simple prose, "The Crimson Deathbringer" is an easy read that succeeds in engrossing the reader from start to finish.
Brian Porter
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed sci-fi thriller

I can honestly say that I have been thoroughly entertained by this book. I don't usually read sci-fi as such books are normally much of a muchness. This however, was very different. Having read the book description I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did.
With Earth under attack by aliens it falls to a small group of humans, aided by another alien race, to save not only the planet but the entire human race.
There are some sparkling battle scenes, plenty of emotio
Amin Fouladi
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Juli Ko
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is what I call a smart and fun read. The book is very captivating. The story seamlessly changes from battle field to romance. It's described so detailed that reading a book feels like sneaking into someone's private life. The plot is packed with witty humour, which makes this book very pleasurable to read. Bravo author. I am eager to read a second part
Conor Carton
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hugely enjoyable and engaging space opera. Alien invasion of Earth with a twist sounds like a lot of other stories, the execution makes all the difference. Sean Robbins has the confidence to have big ideas and a huge cast as well as the craft to balance them. The narrative shifts across aliens and humans and to give each the space to engage the reader, everyone has a motive and a context and when they clash the action has weight and consequence.
The plot mechanics are ruthlessly efficient, Sean R
Valerie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book ended up surprising the heck out of me! I really enjoyed reading this. I suppose it’s genre is Sci-fi but it is so much more! The author brings humor into the battle for earth and it works! Along with adventuresome battles, aliens, lasers, mind control machines and the possible annihilation of earth’s population.

The main characters are brought to life as they fight the invading Xortaag-a race going around forcibly colonizing planets. The Akaki-alien race whose planet would be next on t
Robert Fisher
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me with its wit, depth of character, and action. The endless references to modern pop-culture were--mostly--well placed and entertaining, and even if you're not a rabid consumer of Star Trek, GoT, et al. Most of the characters amusingly don't get the references either, so if you don't, you won't feel left out. (I got most or all the references, but YMMV).

The alien races are silly in a good way, keeping with the tone of the rest of the book. The Xortaags make entertaining anta
Jim Smit
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love checking out new, fresh sci-fi authors that are writing good books & discovering them. I can say without a doubt this was the best debut novel I've read from a writer in a LONG time.

The book is filled with anything you'd want out of a sci-fi novel. fun story, checked! great characters, checked! Classic sci-fi plots but with fresh twists & turns, check!

What I was largely impressed by is the insane number of references that are made & used here. The novel is clearly a work of pa
Hooman Mardox
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Science-fiction is not something that I usually follow all the time, so I picked this one out of curiosity, and I wasn't sure if I had made the right call, however, a couple of pages in I was pleasantly & very joyfully hooked.

Right off the bat, I could easily empathize with the characters while at the same time being surprised by how they would react. There's also the plot that's full of shock & twists that made for a great reading time.

Pretty much all the jokes landed for me as well whi
Berk Rourke
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction is not my preferred reading but this book fits into some which negate that rule. I enjoyed the characters but for the arrogance of one principal character. My choice, given the opportunity in reading or writing, is to create or read about a character at length which has a measure of cockiness but mixed with a sense of humility. If you are a science fiction aficionado you will love this one. It postulates a war between earth, one which earth is bound to lose, but a secret alliance ...more
Rafiq Kamal
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An action packed futuristic ride that never slows

An action packed futuristic ride that never slows with plenty of pop culture references to keep the Sci fi junky addicted. Can't wait for the next one and many more in the future.
T.N. Traynor
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well wow, you would not believe that this was Sean Robins first book! At the end when I read his short bio and discovered he is a teacher that made sense - because the book, especially for a first novel, is beautifully edited, easy to read and well-structured.
If you're a SciFi fan then you're going to love this big book. It's meaty (long and detailed) bringing all the characters to life, making you like and care for them. They're real people, in hopefully, not so real circumstances. Normally lon
Jennie Rosenblum
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Starts - Aliens that pull pranks – I’m in! This Space Opera/Science Fiction is an incredibly quick paced read.  While there are the usual many characters, worlds, ships, etc. to keep track of, this author does a great job of creating each and making the transitions easy to follow.  I can’t imagine the book without any one piece.

The ribbing and banter that go on between characters and even inside their heads added an ample amount of humor.  Taking place in the not too distant future (2048) I
Dmitrii
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've found this book based on the Amazon ranking and decided to give it a try. Usually I would read non-fiction books because rarely you'll find a good fiction in which you don't skip boring to death pages. But (Wow, man!) this one I ate from first page till last. It blew my mind with creativity, realistic heroes who later become your friends, very dynamic plot, smart and sometimes corny jokes. I simply loved this book. Normally it's me who cracks jokes in difficult life situations and people fi ...more
Mick Brady
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never tell me the odds...

I almost didn't read The Crimson Deathbringer because the title and cover seemed to target 12-year-old boys. I didn't want to rush to judgment, though, so I looked inside. I had to read the first sentence three times just to get the syntax right in my head. Not encouraging. Still, I've never given up on any book after just one sentence, so I plodded on.

After the first few paragraphs, I found I wasn't plodding at all -- suddenly I was reading with fresh eyes. The characte
NB NB
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready for the invasion?

The Crimson Deathbringer straps you into a fantastical science fiction adventure filled with action. A group of malicious aliens called the Xortaags set out to alienate humans and colonate Earth. The human race must rely on help from the Akakies, a technologically advanced race of aliens who want to destroy the Xortaags once and for all. With a bold cast of characters, this amped up plot will leave you salivating for more.

I loved the unique futuristic story world,
Mari
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Earth is in the grip of a dictator. The resistance led by the son of the peacemaker that was killed. Space has its own problems when the prank loving Akakies are defeated in battle by the Xortaags. They arrange a hasty treaty and the Xortaags decide to defeat and inhabit the primitive planet called Earth with their Crimson Deathbringers and the Voice of God. What could go wrong? The Akakies send two of the military strategists to Earth to build up a resistance force in a hidden base in the far N ...more
Uvi Poznansky
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Crimson Deathbringer is a wonderfully complex debut sci-fi novel by Sean Robins. Delightfully written with a light-hearted, fresh tone and fast action, the adventure moves between innocent mischief and deadly danger. It spans across a universe populated with a large cast of characters.

Fighter-pilot Jim is just about to propose to his girlfriend Liz when his childhood friend, super-assassin Kurt appears at his house, hunted bythe security forces of a brutal military dictatorship.  Jim, Liz a
Sam
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Despite living a peaceful life, the Akakies finds themselves under an attack by the Xortaags whose goal is to take over the universe. Even though the Akakies are peaceful creatures, their chief strategist has a plan. Back on Earth, Jim, who is a fighter pilot, is planning to pop the question to his girlfriend when an unexpected visiter lands outside his house injured. The injured turned out to be his friend, Kurt. With one simple execution, it unites everyone.

It has been a while since I have rea
"Who am I? I am Spiderman."

Well, not really, but this should tell you all you need to know about me and my writing style.

I'm a huge Marvel (plus Game of Thrones, Star Trek AND Star Wars) fan, which shows since my novel is loaded with pop culture references. If you are a sci-fi fan (I assume that you are, otherwise what are you doing here?) you will enjoy them tremendously. I even went full Deadpoo