Start by marking “Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)

Bad Saint

(All The Pretty Things #1)

I was kidnapped on my honeymoon by three masked men.

Blindfolded.
Bound.
Destination unknown.

I was told to stay silent and abide by their rules. But they didn’t realize I wasn’t a victim…not anymore.

The open sea was my backdrop for nine torturous days. During that time, glimmers of my fate were revealed by a man with the mysterious chartreuse-colored eyes. He should have scar
Published May 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bad Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Saint

Start your review of Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

full rtc

Wowzas!! Well this book put me through the wringer. Please excuse me whilst I go and sleep for a week. This book right here threw everything it possibly could at me. I feel like I'm suffering from whiplash with the fumbled attempts the heroine endured as she was thrown into one situation after another. But because of this I was glued to my ipad throughout wanting/needing to know the outcome.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
He’s leading a lamb to the slaughter, but the one thing he doesn’t realize…is that I’m not a lamb. And I never will be.

Alright. Accountability time. Why have those of you that knew that I've never read a Monica James book not slapped me upside the head with one of her books yet? hmm? You should be ashamed of yourselves! Ashamed, I tells ya! Because this girl? Is currently kicking her own ass for only now discovering this author.

Let's be real here. The mere second that I laid
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I have so much that I want to say about Bad Saint but so much that I can't say because I don't want to accidentally give anything away. Which means I've pretty much been doing nothing but staring at my laptop for the past twenty minutes trying to think of the words to describe this book and so far all I've come up with is - more please!

This is the type of book that while I'm reading I'm constantly telling myself to stop lusting over the psycho. Saint was such a lar
Antonella
mel ☽
so basically, this is blue lagoon but darker.

ok so first of all, the cover is so pretty like wow.

second, i have no idea why, but the MCs and their situation reminded me of Lorcan and Elide from Empire of Storms?? but just from that book though. i have no idea what these characters went through in Kingdom of Ash as i haven't read that yet. and yes, I do ship Lorcan and Elide.

third, i really really liked this! obviously, there are some fucked up things happening here and i don't condone some of th
CristiinaReads❀
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
Sins, bad decisions, and the ultimate pent up anger of lust that will have you fighting for more, Monica James knows how to balance the cruelty and passion in one...

There is a lot that can be said about an author who truly knows how to write a proper dark romance. At one point in my life I was craving all the dark romances that I could find thanks to the gruesome yet addicting novels by Penelope Douglas that never seem to disappoint. That being said, Monica is an author that has surprised me
Melanie A. ~mostly on hiatus~
Book 1: 4.5 STARS!
Book 2: 3.5 STARS!
Book 3: currently reading

4.5 STARS!
I am losing myself, piece by piece.
What a ride! Bad Saint was dark, twisty and full of emotion!

I always start these kinds of reviews with the same preface: dark reads are hard to pull off. Ergo, I'm giving full props to Monica James for giving me a messed-up story that I could sink my teeth into.

Plot: Willow is taken from her secluded Greek villa while on her honeymoon. One of her abductors is more reluctant th
Syndi
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Monica James is my new favorite author. I enjoyed her Monster Within series. She really can write dark, drity, gritty and heart breaking romance. She done it again with Bad Saint.

This is really gritty, dark romance. I am not a stranger when it comes to abduction romance. Miss James gives us Saint. The anti hero. Or noble hero. I can not decide. I am not a fan with Willow. She is needy and spoil bitch sometimes.

Since this is trilogy, I want to wait and see how Willow's character grew in the nex
Leigh
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, criminal
Wow!!! What can I say I loved this book from beginning to end. Willow is a young beautiful girl who is on her Honeymoon and is taken by three masked men. Her husband tries to help her but is beaten by one of the men. What happens next is a story of betrayal, survival and lust. Willow is a fantastic character she is strong willed, feisty and her desire to survive over rides everything. She is definitely no damsel and is one of my favorite h's. Saint is one of the masked men and he's delicious. He ...more
Kim
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was not the worst and I understand what Stockholm Syndrome is but... there was too much stupid stuff going on for me to enjoy this as much as everybody else did.

Willow is kidnapped and abused but is constantly noticing Saint’s chiseled abs and heat and golden skin,... the list is endless of how perfect this man is. And every other guy who came within a 5 mile radius of her was ugly, smelly, had at least 6 teeth missing and dirty fingernails. Except of course for Saint who, for 100% of the
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

Dark, gritty, and deliciously sinful.

Bad Saint is a story filled to the top with violence and betrayal, but also with hope, a feeling that makes the characters determined to survive and keep going.

From hatred to lust—the contradicting emotions evoked in Willow and Saint consumed me from beginning to end. Monica James took me on a captivating, suspenseful ride with a brave heroine and a broody, enigmatic antihero that will make you forget time and space, only craving the next chapter.

As I inche
Christine B
Willow was a girl that came from a good background father was a pastor and they had a great life. That is until Willow father had a heart attack. Losing faith Willow mother falls into despair and turns to the bottle and taking on man after man. Now Willow mother have a new boyfriend Willow start to notice a touch here a brush here until that night her mother boyfriend decides to take her. Years later Willow becomes a famous model and on the catwalk Willow lock eyes with her soulmate. Weeks later ...more
Carla Bulian
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book! The characters are mature and strong. The story was totally unexpected and so intriguing.
It’s worth the reading.
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
"Ironic, isn’t it, that someone who bears a name denoting nothing but holiness can deliver nothing but hell."

Can't say I hated it but can't say I loved it either. I like kidnapping abuse trope , mafia /crime genre I really do, check my shelves and see for yourself, but it felt a bit lacking here.
We have Willow who is kidnapped during her honeymoon (a marriage she accepted after dating for 6 weeks *rolling eyes*). She is taken on a yacht ready to be transported to the man/master she was sold to.
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“I just uncovered the name of my American captor… Saint
Ironic, isn’t it, that someone who bears a name denoting nothing but holiness can deliver nothing but hell.”

From the first moment I laid eyes on Bad Saint by Monica James I just knew I had to have this book in my life. Bad Saint looked and sounded so amazingly suspenseful and dark, something I was definitely looking for. I can confirm that it was better than I could’ve ever expected. I was captivated from the very first moment an
Arini
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
#1 bad saint — 3.75 stars
#2 fallen saint — 3.5 stars
#3 forever my saint — 3.5 stars

this book will make you think twice before you decide to step out of the comfort of your home and into the night alone. you never know if a bad man will catch you!!

it's not the case with our heroine here though...
cause all she can do is whimper and wiggle in shock and horror as she stands witness to her life being turned upside down from being a happy married woman to a hostage held captive
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "Ангел " Stars ⭐️
I’ve been a dedicated fan of Monica James’s writing for years now and when I heard about Bad Saint I was thrilled! The fact she ventured into dark romance for the first time, one of my absolute favorite genre, had my anticipation reaching new peaks! After this exceptional read, I can honestly say that this author can write anything with the same impact! This read is dark, seductive, thrilling and had me on the edge of my seat awaiting the next bombshell. During all this
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CAN WE GET A ROUND Of APPLAUSE GOING FOR THIS BOOK!? Holy wow this was epic. When I first read the blurb I thought it definitely sounded intriguing, but man!!! I had no idea what I was in for!

Willow is starting her honeymoon with her new husband when she is kidnapped and taken by a group of masked men. Confused and scared, she’s left to fend for herself on a boat with her captors as she tries to unravel the mystery of why she was taken.

Secrets start to be revealed as you dive deeper into the st
Dora Koutsoukou
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Welcome to Monica James twisted and mindfuck masterpiece! OHMILAWD! This is something you really don't want to miss. Body cringing and mind numbing, this book is a page turner and engaging at it's best. Whew!

It's been a year if I remember it correctly that I devour a book that tested my limits as if it was my last meal. Been too long too that I crave for something that will make me high with gory details and gritty scenes. So when I read the blurb of Bad Saint, man, I was on a HIGH! I was like,
Romancereadingaddict
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2019
This follows the love story between Saint and Willow. Willow was originally kidnapped on her honeymoon. While her fiancé tells her to look out at the view on the patio. She finds herself taken by men and finds herself on a boat. She is bound and scared. She refuses to be a victim and finds her way for survival. Would recommend this novel if you would like a quick read.
Tracy  C
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoa. What a dark and bumpy roller-coaster ride! It started off pretty innocuous and just builds from there until you are sitting at the edge of your seat to see what happens. Willow is put through the wringer and is still standing at the end of this first portion. Saint is an anti hero that you love to hate that you love...and I can't wait for more of this story!!
London
ash | novelly rooted
rtc

how to buddy read tip #1:
get yourself a group of friends who have the same dark and twisted interests as yourself and you'll always have a night of fun
Anna
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads-pic

I’m The Bad Guy… Duh!
*self-purchased on Amazon. No need of sugar daddies called promo teams*

badsaint

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Willow gets abducted on her honeymoon. Her captors don’t show their faces. The destination? Unknown. One of these captors intrigues her. They go back and forth: she disobeys and he punishes her. When he tells her how she came to be in his captivity, she’s stunned.

This is my third Monica James read! I’ve been seeing th
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Willow is newly married. She was kidnapped the night of her honeymoon by three men. Bound, gagged, taken to sea, to be transport and sold to a ruthless Russian mobster. One of her kidnapers is Saint. He is mysterious, powerful and down-right scary but there is something intriguing about him. What happen when you fall for your kidnaper? This story is definitely disturbing and dark. There is a lot of twists and turns and unpredictable events that you really need to read to be able to follow and un ...more
Ashlee » Library In The Country
This was a damn good dark romance with some serious slow burn. Can’t wait to start the next one!
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Bad Saint has me all twisted up inside. It was a dark and haunting read that was written beautifully. Monica James has the reader feeling every emotion and every physical blow. She has us bleeding all over the pages.

Willow was kidnapped on her honeymoon by three men, one of them being Saint. She has no clue why this is happening and tries her very best to escape but Saint foils her plan every single time and she is punished for her attempts. Her spirit is slowly breaking and that is what her ca
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The minute I read the blurb to Monica James' Bad Saint I could not jump on this book fast enough. Anyone who knows me knows that dark romance is my jam. I devour and consume them as fast as I can get my hands on them. Add in a sassy heroine and a hero who is as mysterious as he is dangerous and I am sold! I loved the push and pull between Saint and Willow and felt their fire right off the pages. I could not get enough!

I love that James did not pull her punches with this story. It was dark, raw

• Sicko
  • Love Unexpected
  • Credence
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Unholy Union
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • All Grown Up
  • The Best Years (The Amherst Sinners #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Interpreter
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Unconditional
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made #1)
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,

All The Pretty Things (3 books)
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)

News & Interviews