Start by marking “Human Enough” as Want to Read:
Human Enough

Human Enough

When Noah Lau joined the Vampire Hunters Association, seeking justice for his parents’ deaths, he didn’t anticipate ending up imprisoned in the house of the vampire he was supposed to kill—and he definitely didn’t anticipate falling for that vampire’s lover.

Six months later, Noah’s life has gotten significantly more complicated. On top of being autistic in a world that
Published October 7th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Human Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Human Enough

Start your review of Human Enough
Silvia
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book as an advance copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

I really loved this book and I'm not finding anything I didn't like about it, which is rare. I'm normally not even one to love vampire stories but this sounded so good and I was not disappointed in the least.

Noah is a vampire hunter who gets trapped in an old vampire's house, and there he meets the vampire's partner (although he's a victim of his abuse too), also a vampire
Anniek
Full review to come on my blog (link in profile), but let's just say I loved this! It's a really fun, quick read, and the romance was so soft.

The autism rep is SO amazing and relatable and often made me want to scream "YES!" and cry at the same time. I can't help feeling so incredibly grateful whenever I get to read good autism rep, because there really isn't a lot.

Rep: Chinese-American, autistic, pansexual MC, grey-asexual love interest with depression
I received an advance copy from NineStar Press via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Content notes:
(view spoiler)
Joyfully Jay
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Let me start by saying that this book is not told in an entirely linear fashion and, had I known that, I wouldn’t have picked it up. My brain works best when stories are told linearly, and I usually avoid books that are told in a different way. But then, I would have missed out on this gem of a story, and I’m so glad I was able to read this book. And I will say that the bouncing around in time was done exceptionally well, so if you’re like me, don’t let this deter
Amy
Thank you, NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read this novel!

Rep: Chinese-American, pansexual, autistic MC & grey-ace love interest. Also mental illness rep (PTSD and depression)
Rating: 4 stars
Trigger warnings: kidnapping, hostage, violence, death, ableism, past abusive relationship (emotional), grief.

This is one of the most inclusive books I’ve read in a long time, and that’s saying something as I predominantly only read diverse books, but this novel was packed full of amazing
Solly
This was very good <3

This is a story about a Chinese-American autistic pansexual vampire hunter & his relationship with a gray-ace nintey-but-looks-nineteen vampire. It alternates between two different timelines: when they met, months ago, when Noah (MC) was kidnapped by Jordan's (LI) abusive vampire lover & months later, when some sketchy intel makes Noah question stuff about his job.

It's really good & sweet! One of my minor problems was that I was always more involved in one
Leo
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
I blame Anniek's review for this . ...more
Nicole Field
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I heard about this book well before it came out and had been looking forward to it. Somehow, I had missed that there was an ace-spectrum vampire lead character / love interest. This is of particular interest to me because I wrote Changing Loyalties given the relative lack of ace-spec vampires that I found in urban fantasy and paranormal fiction.

Noah is an autistic person who works with a vampire hunting facility. He got into this both due to the fact that his parents were killed by vampires,
Natalie panda eyes
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Received from Netgalley. I liked it. It was different, interesting and informative. The story flicks back and forth between the past and the present. Deals with kidnapping, autism, Asexual and vampires. Both Noah and Jordan were sweet.
Tristan
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tristan by: Netgalley
Publishing date: 7th Oct. 2019
Disclaimer: I recieved this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Tags: LGBT, romance, paranormal, Ace, Pansexual, Autism, Crime, Alt Universe, law enforcement, vampires, friends to lovers, interracial.
Content warning: Ableism, graphic violence, allusions to past emotional abuse, abduction, hate groups.

I really liked this book. I can say that about loads of books, sure, but Human Enough managed something only a few couple have managed before - it
Josh Dale
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Liked this book, the world felt real and was introduced as the story developed. There was no info dumping, but well weaved writing that fed us the details as we needed them.

I really liked the two time periods that the story alternated between, I often do not enjoy books written this way, but the author did an excellent job and it felt right for this story. Though I kind of wonder what each time period would have been like as separate books. I think there was enough details and material for the
Zoe (semi-hiatus)
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm sorry I heard

- one grumpy, autistic, pansexual, Chinese American vampire hunter

- one soft, gray ace vampire

- who accidentally fall in love

Y'all can figHT ME I'VE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Human Enough was my first book by E.S. Yu and I really liked it. It was a good story and the romance was really sweet.
T.B. Caine
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley for giving a copy for review!

3.5 out of 5 stars that get rounded up to 4 because gay romance. y
I love our main cast of characters, and I love the romance. It is soft and sweet and just a nice way to close out October. There was a nice balance between the more fantastical elements and the romance, which probably helped me finish it since I'm not the biggest romance fan.

Originally was going to be a 4.5, but I had issues with the major antagonist reveal. Certain parts of the
Lily
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was kindly given an ARC of this book. This does not affect my review in any way and all opinions are my own.
This book was a lovely sweet read!
What I liked
- The story flowed really nicely, I read it very quickly because I couldn't put it down!
- The world building felt very natural, it was brought up as the story progressed and though it wasn't dumped in all at once, it still felt very real and well developed.
- The romance was very sweet and well developed.
- I really liked the alternating
Coltostallion
I really enjoyed the characters. Lots of representation and very well done. There were some educational info dumps, but they were quite in character so I didn't mind as much. The one thing that bothered me was the time jumps. It lets you know when you go back in time, but there is no mention of when it's back to the present and it gets really confusing. There were quite a few chapters it took me a bit to figure out which timeline I was in. A bit better labeling for that would bring this from 3.5 ...more
Tavis
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5/5

E.S. Yu's Human Enough is a fun and lovely story. We have a pansexual, autistic, Chinese-American vampire hunter MC that's obsessed with boba? Amazing! The representation in this book is wonderful, and the author seamlessly weaves the autistic rep into the story. The two-pronged timeline was also executed very well and kept me engaged. This isn't a high-tension story, but it's still fun and easy to fly through.

Thank you NetGalley and NineStar Press for providing me with this ARC in
Georgina  Kiersten
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Representation Autistic People Deserve!

I really adore this book. Noah is bamf but so relatable being an Autistic POC. A lot of his struggles as a character hit a little too close to home at this . Jordon is a precious cinnamon roll despite him being a vampire and I want to give him a hug. I took 1 star off because I was not a fan of going present to past every chapter. I rather have a more chronological rigid story. All in all, this is a good book and I enjoyed it.
Shirley
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Human Enough includes an autistic main character and an asexual vampire... what's not to love? Seriously though, I love how both these characters are written.

Noah's character gave readers a candid view of the discrimination that he faced on a daily basis - both purposefully and unknowingly. Jordan was held in an abusive relationship from the time he was turned. He thought he was "broken" until he broke free of his creator and realized that there were other people out there just like him. Finding
Amy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really good. I loved the fact that Noah was autistic and a vampire hunter, you don’t see that everyday, Noah and Jordan are an adorable couple. Overall this was a pretty good story, that had a sweet ending.
Do

• Sons of Rome
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • The Deep
  • We Still Live
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Frostbite (7 Caged Tigers #1)
  • Dine with Me
  • Dewdrop
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Hard Chrome (American Heavy Metal, #1)
  • Love Bites (Thicker Than Water #1)
  • I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • He Dreams Magic
  • ปรมาจารย์ลัทธิมาร เล่ม 1
  • 魔道祖師 三 [Mo Dao Zu Shi Vol. 3] (Mo Dao Zu Shi, #3)
  • 魔道祖師 二 [Mo Dao Zu Shi Vol. 2] (Mo Dao Zu Shi, #2)