Start by marking “Wicked Storm (Sam Wick #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Storm (Sam Wick #0.5)

Wicked Storm

(Sam Wick 0.5)

A girl’s life at stake. A cage match. Only one chance.
Will Sam Wick succeed?

Task Force-77 (TF-77) is a black ops team of NSA and the US Military. This is the team, the U.S. government calls when it needs to get people out of the most dangerous places on earth.

Sam Wick. Task Force 77's best. Master Extractor. Perfect Assassin. Where the government cannot and will not go, h
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Storm

Sheree K
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Don't judge a book by it's cover

This is a very short story to introduce Sam Wick. His mission is to rescue a young girl from being sold at auction. He has disguised himself as an old man to throw off his competitors. Winner takes all, losers die. Interesting character and story line.
Jan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is great; I can't wait for the movie/TV series.
Teresa Reitnauer
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great introduction to Sam Wick. It caught my attention at the very beginning. Wonderful characters. I look forward to reading more about Sam Wick.
Asiaman
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chase is a very good writer and you will enjoy this book.
Hope Gerhardstein
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick read. Hurray for the older man! What a surprise he turns out to be. Good story. Just needs to be longer, more detailed.
Kate
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wicked Storm by Chase Austin was a quick read that will leave you wanting more. Sam Wick is a Bruce Lee type of hero. This book has it all from slave trade, martial arts, cage fighting to the death and a woman to be rescued!

I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the story unfolded. I received this book as an advance copy and I always review every book that I read. I recommend this action packed story.
Jennifer Tooker
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure, I was provided a copy of this book by the author, however, have voluntarily chosen to write a review. All opinions are my own

A brutal introduction to a new thriller series

Wicked Storm is the first in a new series of thrillers by author Chase Austin. The story is fast paced and centers around a cage match to the death as part of a human trafficking operation. In the midst of this seedy, savage setting an old man and his young companion enter the fray and join the death match for
Texas
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wicked Storm - This short story is my first read by this author and I did and did not like it. I like the character Samuel, but I did not like the writing style. Maybe with a few years writing under his belt, Mr. Austin may develop into a good writer. This story did show originality but came across as pretentious, which the author has since corrected so the pretentious vocabulary is reduced. There is an overview, which I appreciate knowing what the story is about before I read it.

Although used c
Kaye
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EXPLOSIVE ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Man, talk about riding on a razors edge. A whirlwind of unexpected circumstances and mishaps that keep you flipping page after page catapulting all of your emotions into play.  One sensational storyline and thrilling plot propel this bad boy bursting to life beautifully. The characters are authentic, relatable and realistic with personalities and depth that keep you captivated from start to finish. Sparks fly as danger and suspense ensues in epic proportions. Non-s
Lisa Haycocks
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If every book in the series keeps up the pace that this intro to the series has, I'm going to need oxygen and snacks permanently to hand when reading. What a start to a series! I have to say that I was a little unsure what to expect with this book with it being a short book that dealt with such a vile but horribly real topic as human trafficking. I approached it with trepidation as I thought it was going to be in your face crudeness and trigger sensitive. Let me tell you, it has been written so ...more
Molly
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: action / suspense/ thriller fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
Marco is some sort of bizarre, elite human trafficker.

In order to win the merchandise, in this case an exquisite young female virgin, the bidders or their fighters must fight to the death.

Anyone with a fighter in the ring has $5 million in escrow, refunded at the conclusion of the event or the conclusion of a sale.

A sheikh and a mafioso type are the bidders on the final young woman up for bid - at $1 million.

A third man steps into the ring. He agrees to fight both other fighter - but takes the
Pete
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller fans
This is a very exciting story about a black ops assassin who is sent in to a combination auction and cage fight to the death, to rescue a young girl.
It is very difficult to get a handle on a new character in a short story like this, but Sam Wick seems like an interesting man.
The story is well written and certainly exciting, although perhaps the way the violence was portrayed was rather matter-of fact which reduced the impact somewhat. There was also a bit of an inconsistency in the plot which st
Chad W.
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are days I like a complex thriller that require a degree of reflection and there are days I like a straightforward hero like Sam Wick. It's simple, when all hell breaks loose, send in Sam Wick!!! He is the type of character we all imagine as ourselves, saving the beautiful woman and the world.

I read this short story almost as fast as one of Wick's strikes. It kept me going straight through to the end. My only complaint is due to my own ignorance. I didn't know it was in short story format
Heather Wamboldt
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Sam Wick.Task Force 77's best. Master Extractor. Perfect Assassin. Where the government cannot and will not go, he will.

Really enjoyed this story and looking forward to seeing more from this author. Sam Wick, disguised as an old man, has to fight two men in a cage to save a young girl who is being sold off to the h
Rita
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so happy to be able to leave a review for this story. I assumed in the first few pages that this was another gruesome story about the abduction of a teenage girl and how she would be sold on the black market. However, I soon learned this story was not what I was expecting. It’s the story of how this same teenage girl is saved by an awesome protective agent. He walks in and shows everyone how it’s done. Get out of the way for Sam or you probably won’t wake up to find out how it ends. Awesome ...more
Maria
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a taut succinct short story, very short. This was an action filled tale, with a well scripted fight which was the whole storyline, but not a lot of character development. I will have to read more in this series to see how it develops, I like a little more set-up, and explanation than this introduction could provide, but that was hinted at in the conclusion.
Jeanne Richardson
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written Chase Austin; he has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of his books.

I loved the characters.

Will Decker
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced thriller with lots of subtle action. The hero is almost too much and borders on believability. But Austin pulls it off in a good way. If you want a quick shot of action and suspense, these Rapid Thrillers are the way to go. Austin is a talented writer. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Sylvia
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is an excellent book. I really enjoyed it , well written, easy to read ,page turner, great characters, full of action & adrenaline . Good job . I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily left a review.
Teresa Collins
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not sure how to describe this book: a short novella or a long short story. Either way, it starts out with a bang and just keeps growing. Very intense and violent, but I have to admit, not overly graphic. I will definitely be checking out the next book in the series.
Rhonda Freeman
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a short story it moved fast and was very entertaining. A good way to introduce the main character. The main character is not what you expected him to as he was described in the book. The bad guys were for a rude awakening and did not expect what that got. Enjoyed this book. Can’t wait to read more by Chase. I rec’d this book free from the author and in return was asked to leave a honest review.
David Taylor
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very fast read, but an effective introduction to Sam Wick and his world. If the future Sam Wick stories are like Wicked Storm this should be an excellent series to follow.

Inferna  Fire
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great introduction to Sam Wick.....great characters. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Marti
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced action thriller. A page Turner that is a great introduction to the main characters of the series. Don't miss this one.
Jean Cowan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short,fast passed read with a kick-ass hero you can’t help rooting for. Great introduction to Sam Wick, who is a fascinating character that I hope is developed much more in future books. Looking forward to more books from this author. Strongly recommend you try this action packed read. Think you will like it!
Pierre Borlase
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best written action thriller that I have read so far. Kept me on the edge of the seat. Unable to put the book down until I was finished.
Steve Gore
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced action a little James bondish/jason stratham but credible. Enjoyed it as a light read at one sitting, looking forward to more about Wicks.
Cindy
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great intro to the Sam Wick series. Quick read. Lots of action and suspense.
Sam
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this short story! Good characters & interesting ideas! Hoping this is a tastier of what is to come in the next book from this series! Liked it!
Carolyn Hughes
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This book was over way to quickly. The story developed from the first and was totally engaged. It was startling to find I had already reached the last page. Next......I am ready.

Sam Wick (4 books)
  • Wicked Deceit (Sam Wick #1)
  • Wicked Hunter (Sam Wick #2)
  • Wicked Blood (Sam Wick #3)
“A girl’s life at stake. A cage match. Only one chance.
Will Sam Wick succeed?”
0 likes
“★★★★★ "One heck of an entertaining and intense ride... Fast, entertaining, suspenseful and action-packed… you will find yourself flying through and it will be hard to let it go!" - Amazon Review” 0 likes