Start by marking “Claiming Ana (Triple Star Ranch Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Ana (Triple Star Ranch Book 1)

Claiming Ana

(Triple Star Ranch #1)

Small-town veterinarian Anastasia Brannon has always hidden her magic for fear of ridicule. A red-hot encounter with the new PI in town makes their attraction impossible to deny. Throwing caution to the wind, she indulges her desires but keeps her secrets close.

A man with a shady past and secrets of his own, Howl Raven uses his feral talents and tracking skills to make a
Published March 26th 2019 (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Ana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Ana

Start your review of Claiming Ana (Triple Star Ranch Book 1)
Jill
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Lyrical Press for my honest review.

Claiming Ana is a super short read. Maybe too short.
Ana is a gypsy, full of magic, who is hiding it from all her friends in her small town.
Howl is living under a curse as a werewolf and a PI. He has been hired by some friends of Ana's to find the reason for the murder of their father. The two meet and for Howl it is a instant connection and knowledge that Ana is his mate.
That's fine, I usually love the instant connection of our
April
I really liked the concept of this book but the execution was a bit off. It started out feeling like a cowboy/rancher romantic suspense. I was really into that angle and then it took a sudden shift into paranormal. It just felt like the author changed direction mid stream. I expect the rest of the series will pick up the romantic suspense, as that situation was never resolved.

I really liked the characters and their whole dynamic. It was refreshing having characters not keep major stuff secret.
Becky
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claiming Ana was a quick, entertaining read with likable characters and an intriguing setting. Ana and Howl's relationship developed really quickly, but with the paranormal "mate" bonding aspect of it it's almost to be expected, and it didn't bother me as it might have otherwise.

Since Ana is a veterinarian, animals play a big part in the novella. I especially enjoyed Circe the mama cat and Taffy the golden retriever, and watching them interact with each other and especially with Howl was fun.
Laura Greenwood
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Claiming Ana in exchange for my review.

Vet Ana lives in a small town, and hides from everyone that she has fae and gypsy bloodlines meaning that she is able to perform magic. One day she meets Howl, who has a surprising affect on her. Not normally one to fall for guys as soon as she meets them, or fall straight into bed with them, Ana can't deny the attraction that she feels for Howl. But Howl also has a secret,
Natalie
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across this story by accident. Since I'm open to new authors of romance and/or fantasy, I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed.

I'm going to give a warning right now. I give a spoiler about the ending, so if you haven't read the story, stop now. Even more so because this story is only about 73 or 74 pages.

In this story, there is magic, werewolves, silver bullets and a hunter who's only target is human prey. It was really cool. I liked the characters, the writing, the plot.

If I
Cocktails and Books
Claiming Ana is the story of a veterinarian/gypsy and a cursed werewolf shifter. This book is very short-novella length. I loved the characters. Ana was a no nonsense kinda girl that knew what she wanted, and she wanted Howl Raven. Howl is a private investigator working on a case in Ana's hometown. When he spots Ana their chemistry leaps off the page and there's no keeping them apart. I really loves that all of the characters except one were good, down to earth folks. The author made you feel ...more
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Paranormal is not my one of usual genres to review. In fact, it is actually listed as one I do not review, but that doesn’t mean that every now and then I don’t enjoy one.

Having said that, I really enjoyed this book. It was short, sweet, and full of steamy thoughts and action. What’s not to love? An exceptionally good-looking guy rolls into town, sparks fly from the moment you lay eyes on each other, throw in a little mental telepathy, and let’s say the rest is history.

Sometimes you want a
Pearls
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raised amongst mortals, Ana has inherited her Gypsy magic. Now a veterinarian, she is surprised to learn that her grandmother's tales of werewolves and curses are true. There's a mystery surrounding the Triple Star Ranch, and the sheriff/rancher has brought in help for the investigation. Howl Raven comes with his own mystery, though. Howl finds his mate in Ana, and his reason to fight against his family's curse. Some of this was a bit confusing as the reader learns at the same pace as Ana, but ...more
Alvania Scarborough
Magic, shifter, suspense. Three of my favorite elements that wrap together for a very enjoyable read. It is difficult to have solid world building in a short novella, but Ms. Curry manages to do so. Add that to a romance that is both sweet and steamy, as well as a very lyrical turn of phrase at times, and you have a book that is a swift, fun read. I will definitely be seeking out the rest of the books in the series.
Melissa Vasquez
A well rounded and great read.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me and I will be reading more of her work. The storyline is intriguing and captivating. There was a lack of character development, it felt like this was book 3 or 4 of the series instead of book 1. Ana is a gypsy with inherit magic and she also is a veterinarian. There is a mysterious death on the ranch where she works and her 3 friends own. Howl is a PI and hired by the one owner of the ranch who also happens to be the sheriff. Howl comes into town shrouded in his own ...more
Claire Ingram
This easy to read paranormal romance had a great concept and great characters. The prologue is confusing with so many names but it helps Set up the story nicely and by the end of chapter 1 I knew who everyone was and each character had a distinct personality. It’s told in 3rd person limited and I loved when it was told from Howls POV.
My issue was that it was far too mushy and a lot of the dialogue felt forced and unnatural. The sex scenes I felt detracted from the story (yes I mean detracted)
Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Brynna Curry writes a fun and entertaining paranormal romance in Claiming Ana, the first novella in the Triple Star Ranch series. Curry does a wonderful job of creating her paranormal world where witches and werewolves are the norm, pulling you right into this story.

Anastasia “Ana” Brannon, a veterinarian, prepares for the storm that is predicted to blow through town. When Ava meets Howl Raven, a new PI, at the local diner, she is surprised by
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Lyrical Press provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review.

This is a really quick read, Ana is a gypsy veterinarian and Howl is a PI werewolf in town on a case the two of them feel an instant lust connection. An unexpected shift and a deranged hunters bullet land Howl on Anas land, their attraction blazes out of control, and now they have to figure out how to break his curse and save Howl from the hunter. I really liked how open Howl and Ana were with each other, they
Michelle
The chemistry between Ana and Howl was scorching, but I didn’t feel like their romance conveyed enough passion or emotion to the reader. I would have liked the author to continue her writing style from the first half and maybe even make the book a little longer so I would have more time to become invested in the story.

Full review here.
Vivian
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I gave it a chance and the story failed. There is not enough information to push the story along. The author missed most of the key elements that go into telling a story. I feel I wasted time and lucky not that much money on a book that went nowhere.

Not worth the read, Anyone that reads this comment should think twice before reading this story.
Cara
I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this book. Curry threw in a few curve balls that were interesting and different. Only three stars because I thought the relationship was a bit, ok very, fast paced and the focus shifted from the beginning it seemed.
Emily Ever
Yeah, this was not worth the time it took to read it.
Mercadez S.
Mar 01, 2015
Amanda Langdon
Feb 26, 2015
Brynna Curry
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christine
Shannon Zak
May 13, 2014
Alex Loo
Sep 08, 2017
Bethany Cagle, who writes as Brynna Curry, was born south of the Mason-Dixon Line in a small Alabama town. Growing up, books fueled her dreams and imagination, ultimately becoming her sanctuary during the hardest times in her life. After living all over the southern states, she finally landed back in North Alabama where she met her soul mate and spent a wonderful twenty-two years with the love of ...more