Start by marking “My First Baby Signs” as Want to Read:
My First Baby Signs

My First Baby Signs

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Babies have a lot to say! My First Baby Signs introduces ten of the most popular signs and provides parents a place to begin. Once baby waves bye–bye, the possibilities are endless.

Baby signing is easy and natural. Infants and toddlers can learn how to say what they need, what they see, and even what they feel long before their vocal chords are developed enough to let them
Board Book, 24 pages
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperFestival (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My First Baby Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My First Baby Signs

Heather
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march
I think this is a wonderful book to have and for people to know and to teach to their children, especially during those young ages where children are unable to communicate. I think it is very valuable for children and parents to learn signs, so that they can respond to one another and the parent will be able to know what the child is saying and what he/she is wanting. A great tool!
Rachel
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: march
This book is meant for toddlers and learning sign language. It teaches a few common signs for words like hot, dog, cat, book, bird, and fish. I would use this book to practice the signs with children and also to show them pictures for the words.
Ashley Whiteley
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I think that this would be a wonderful book for parents with new children. It shows you how to teach your baby signs before they can talk. Research has shown that this way of communication has helped babies to talk sooner than normal. A great and informational book.
Betty
Apr 27, 2008 rated it liked it
I ended up not teaching many Baby signs to my baby because by the time she picked up two or three signs she started saying the words far quicker than she learnt the signs. She still likes to look at the pictures though.
Shannon
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Blakely LOVES these books! I checked them out from the library along with some other books and whenever I ask her to pick out a book to read she grabs one of the baby sign books. So now I am going to buy all four for her.
Kimbely Fletcher
Sep 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: infant-books
This book is great for the child to learn to sign. The pictures help children to learn the proper way to sign. The paren can teach their child to sign as they look at the weell illustrated pages.
Crysta Xue
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Just some good knowledge for people who are around babies.
Delmma