Start by marking “Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Blood Laws

(Immortal Curse #1)

Astasiya Davenport's best friend is dead. No, not just dead--murdered. Burned alive. Decapitated. And the only one who can help her figure out what happened is a demon masquerading as a billionaire playboy.

Because that happens in real life.

Yet Astasiya has always known the supernatural exists. Not the kind in fairy tales or happily-ever-afters, but the kind that kills.

Published March 25th 2019 (first published May 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Laws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Laws

Start your review of Blood Laws (Immortal Curse #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Lexi C. Foss is a new author to me, so I had no expectations going into this book. I knew it was a paranormal romance, and that was about it. Without giving it anymore thought, I decided to just dive in, and cross my fingers. I am happy to report that turned out to be a good decision.

Anastasiya ”Stas” Davenport has always known she wasn’t just an average girl. She has certain gifts that other human beings don’t that made that obvious to her from an early age. The problem is she has no idea why
Love2ReadRomance
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
WOW! WOW! WOW! This book was so entertaining & kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time! I absolutely love Issac & Stas, and can't wait to read more from Lexi C Foss!!!
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Blood-Laws-Teaser1

Wow!!
I adored this so so much, it was just such an imaginative and fascinating beginning to this series and one that I am most definitely on board and invested with all the way.
This author whilst relatively new to me has managed to pull it out the bag once again, this is the third book I have read by her and each one has managed to captivate and entrall from start to finish.
Definitely auto-buy for me now and I can't wait to see what she manages to bring forth next.
So, as usual, the world
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
This is the first book in the Paranormal Immortal curse series by Lexi.

Anastasiya ”Stas” Davenport has supernatural powers that she has had to keep secret her whole life. She has always questioned those powers but had no one to seek answers from, that is until the day her friend is murdered and Issacs Wakefield appeared in her life offering her those exact answers. But those answers come at a price. She has to agree to pretend to be Issac's girlfriend first.

I have to admit I was a little
D.M.
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stas has a secret. It’s deadly and she doesn’t fully understand what it means. She lost her parents when she was younger and she doesn’t know the extent of her heritage. The mundane world is about to crash into the supernatural one. Sta's is going to meet her best friend but when she gets there something is wrong. A mysterious man pulls her out of danger, but trouble is brewing. Her best friend has been murdered and everything she knows is about to change. The mystery guy is more than one can ...more
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
The only thing missing from this book was worldbuilding. There was so little explained about the two races of immortals featured and what was going on between them, that the only reason I understood anything at all was because of a friend who read through later books already (Hey, Nel!). I'm not sure why author chose to do this or if this was even intentional but I wish there was more of a backstory.

I liked main characters though, it was refreshing how honest they were with each other, I'm
Wopsywoobookblog
Date Published: ARC

Date read: 3/4/17

My Rating: 5 stars

**Blurb**

"The lines between charade and reality blur as a dark romance brews between two unlikely soulmates....."

Stas isn't your average human. She can bend others to her will, a psychic talent she's kept hidden since the brutal murder of her parents.
Issac isn't human at all. He's an immortal masquerading as one of New York City's hottest bachelors while secretly seeking revenge against a former ally.
A fateful meeting ends in a seductive
bookish_affair
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arc Provided For An Honest Review
>>>>>>>>>>> 5 delirious Immortal Stars <<<<<<<<<

OMG!! Eeeekk.....

This story was A Mind blowing lovable Story.

Ughh.... I WANT MORE!!!!!
I want to just get lost in this Immortal world.

Listen peeps YOU NEED THIS BOOK!!

It was a pleasure filled with awe for reading this paranormal work that Lexi created for us.

You people need to give this story a chance.

Trust me it's not your ordinary story but there's
Excessive~Reader
The world that author Lexi C. Foss has created in her story, Blood Laws, is something that will stick with me forever. In one page she incite enough questions that lasted right up to the end. I love that there's always a pull to flip to the next page. Then back again. Part 2 can't come fast enough!!

At first Blood Laws seemed like the common books you find in a paranormal romance section. A hot powerful guy who make woman stupid In a world of mysterious paranormal powers.

HOWEVER it's not, it's
Debbie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now this...this is PNR done right!!!! Smart, Suspenseful and Entertaining as hell!!!

It's been a bit since I've read PNR and even longer since I've read one as well written as Blood Laws. It ticked every one of my picky reader boxes and sent me straight into reader nirvana. Everything, from the world building, pace, plot, characters, to the romance was on point. Add in some humor, non-stop suspense and a twist I didn't see coming, and this author earned herself a class A stalker. I had no clue
Tracie Delaney
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I'm a bit fussy when it comes to paranormal novels - I usually only read Ward (voraciously) or Lindsay J Pryor's Blackthorn series, mainly because they are different. I've found too many other paranormal novels a bit samey.

So it was with trepidation that I picked up Blood Laws by Lexi C Foss, and I only succumbed because a dear friend of mine assured me I'd enjoy it.

Now Blood Laws isn't your average paranormal. The background to the world is complex - this is an intellectual novel - and as
Demei
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's so hard to find a great paranormal series to get caught up in but when I picked up this book I couldn't stop reading! What a wonderful world Foss has created! Isaac and Stas has become one of my favorite characters. This series so far has satisfied my thirst for action, romance and a creative story line. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! I'm totally impressed with Foss. Look out Cole, Ward, and Feehan because Lexi C Foss is on her way up!
Chanel
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, pnr-uf
I want to preface this by saying the cover is gorgeous. It really is but it has a young adult feel to it so I didn't really know what to expect diving into this book but listeeeeeeeen! The cover needs to be changed to something spicier, more adrenaline rushed and sexy because what I expected and what reality was was pretty glorious.

The story takes place in a supernatural world where the main character, Astasiya, "Stas" for short, goes to take coffee to he best friend Owen only to find out he's
melissafandomworld
I am so happy that I finally got around to finish my review copy of Blood Laws and I'm really excited to share my review with you guys! Blood Laws is the first book in a paranormal romance series you need to add to your wishlist ASAP!

World building
I love the concept of it all; The world-building is really interesting and can't wait to read more about it in next books. There was enough explanation present of how the world was build without it being overwhelming. The paranormal elements are
Julia Stevens
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bbb-bham21
August-2019 review update:
I have just listened to the audio of the updated, extended version of Blood Laws, 2 years after I read the original.
Oh wow, I thought it was brilliant the first time, but now with all the extra information and details that have been expanded upon, the new depth to the characters, especially Isaac is outstanding. I also loved that we saw more from elders Aiden and Luc because of the extra scenes from Isaac's POV as well as the extra darkness from their enemies. The two
Sofia Lazaridou
When I requested to review Blood laws, I wasn't aware that it's not a stand-alone book. The next book will be about a different couple, but we were promised that Isaac and Stas 's story will also continue, so I am guessing either multiple point of views in the upcoming books or time jumps between each book Stas and Isaac get. Btw the heroine's name is not Stas, that's her nickname, but it's easier for me to write. She is mostly called by her full name.

I have read Royally Bitten and I enjoyed it
Jenny Prose
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! If your a fan of Paranormal Romance, and you haven't heard about this first book, Blood Laws in the Immortal Curse Series by Lexi C. Toss you NEED to add it to you TBR List pronto! This first book rips the read away from reality and forces them into this supernatural world the author creates!
Our heroine is Stas, a young women just graduating college (with her Master's) in NYC. One of her best friends is brutally murdered under suspicious circumstances that introduces Stas to Issac, a
Tara Cignarella
5 stars for Blood Laws by Lexi C Foss

Lexi weaved and stitched together a complicated and unique paranormal love story. There is so much information in this one book at first it was hard to imagine she could be writing this as a series. Once you hit half way you know there is lot more to come.
The first couple chapters read like general paranormal books, but the rest of the book is truly unique. I love the female lead. I’m glad she is tough and not in need of rescue. The characters are complex
Niamh Mc Shane
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book yesterday afternoon after hearing about it from two good friends who never disappoint when recommending books to me. What can I say about it?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!

I am addicted to pnr. I will read any type but have been in a bit of a book slump the last week or so. Nothing catching my interest more than a few pages. Well Blook Laws did the exact opposite. I finished it in a day. I was hooked from the start. The chemistry and emotion from the two main characters had me
Quinn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dawn Higgins
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this Exciting new series, 5 huge stars.

I do love a good dark PNR book as it is my favourite genre so when i was told about this bookit ticked all the boxes for me,and as some of my friends put me onto this new Author Lexi C Foss i was intrigued, so i got comfy and started to devour this book.

Wow to say i loved this book is a understatment as the book flowed along at a fabulous pace where it kept me glued from page one till the very end about Stas and Issac's story.

Stas has lost
Candyce Kirk
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal series can often be hard to start, because you have to dive in a whole new world. I did not have a problem with that while reading Blood Laws. Yes, there are things I would still love information about, but I'm sure that will continue to be revealed throughout the books in this series. From page one I was sucked right in and didn't want to put this book down!

The author throws us right in the middle of events, but I think that was the perfect way to start. Astasiya's best friend was
Tracie Payne
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a little confusing...keeping everyone and their lineage straight. But I’m totally interested in where it’s all going.
Donna
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a different cover from the one I see on my Kindle. These models don't match the images in my head, but then this entire novel was a mixed-up mess for me. There was no feeling of satisfaction when I finished it.

I have such mixed feelings about this book. I think I'm leaning towards not liking it. It was frustrating. I admire the author's ability to create a unique and diverse world of non-human beings. However, I was often confused as the hero is an Ichorian who is half-brother to a
Sara Oxton
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Laws by Lexi C. Foss a fabulous Four-star read. This is the first book in the Immortal curse series, this author is great, I have read other books by her before and loved them, this was a different genre but I still loved it. This author has created a world where its normal on the surface but there are two warring immortal races underneath the surface trying to stay at peace, at least that’s what is supposed to be happening, but as we all know, just because it should be what’s happening ...more
Katrina
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not like it. I found the world building highly problematic and confusing - trying to figure out the logistics, genealogy and logic of who is what and why was like attempting to put together a jigsaw puzzle with mish-mashed pieces and no clue as to what the picture is supposed to be. Even by the end of the book there were still so many loose and missing threads, that, frankly, I could not be bothered to try to follow because they just did not hold my interest. But most of all I absolutely ...more
L.K. Shaw
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been quite a while since I've read a paranormal, and Blood Laws was the perfect book for me to dip my toes back into the paranormal world. This book made me think and question and concentrate. It wasn't a book I could just quickly read and understand. The twists and turns kept me guessing and questioning every word I was reading. Lexi C. Foss has build a world that is fascinating and well thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed Isaac and Stas' story and I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the ...more
Reading Cafe
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been a huge fan of Paranormal Romance but this book Blood Laws (Book #1) in the Immortal Curse series is a MUST READ. It definitely has to go on your PRE-ORDER LIST RIGHT NOW
Dawn Higgins
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love a good dark PNR book as it is my favourite genre so when i was told about this book it ticked all the boxes for me,and as some of my friends put me onto this new Author Lexi C Foss i was intrigued, so i got comfy and started to devour this book.

Stas has lost a very good friend in Owen unbeknowing to her he was a
Amber
If you are looking for a book that is something completely fresh and new but also extremely exciting with a paranormal twist then this book is for you.

I describe this book as fresh and new, because I have never read anything like it, it has different types of immortals but they are described as something completely different which kept me very intrigued with the book at all times. This book not only filled with different types of immortals with connections to something much larger, but every
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Gut Deep (Torn Worlds Book 1)
  • The Devil's Heir
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)
  • Dangerous Liaisons (Obsidian Flame, #2)
  • The Night House
  • War of Hearts
  • Darkness Undone (Warlords of Empyrea #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Spiked (The Sundance #1)
  • Conspiracy of Ravens
  • King of Ruin (Lords of Sidhe #1)
  • Trial by Fae
  • Dangerous Dreams: A Novella (Obsidian Flame, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Stolen by the Fae (Fae's Claim #1)
  • After Darkness Falls (After Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author Lexi C. Foss loves to travel and write in supernatural worlds. Paranormal romance is her favorite genre, but she dabbles in contemporary romance when she needs a break from the darker side of her mind.

Coffee is her addiction, swimming is her passion, and she has a not-so-secret adoration for eclipse chasing.

Lexi can be found on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Immortal Curse (9 books)
  • Forbidden Bonds (Immortal Curse #2)
  • Blood Heart (Immortal Curse, #3)
  • Elder Bonds (Immortal Curse #4)
  • Blood Bonds (Immortal Curse #5)
  • Angel Bonds (Immortal Curse #6)
  • Blood Seeker (Immortal Curse #7)
  • Assassin Bonds (Immortal Curse #8)
  • Blood King (Immortal Curse #9)