Start by marking “The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)

The Fallen: Genesis

(Deadly Virtues #0.5)

The Fallen: Genesis is a prequel novella in The Deadly Virtues Series and MUST be read before RAPHAEL (DV: book one).

*****
THE FALLEN: GENESIS
(A Deadly Virtues Prequel)

IN THE BEGINNING...

They told them they were evil.
They told them they were possessed by demons.
They told them that darkness ran in their veins.

Holy Innocents Home for Children is a haven for orphaned boys wh
140 pages
Published May 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fallen, please sign up.

Start your review of The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE FALLEN: Genesis is a prequel novella in The Deadly Virtues Series and MUST be read before RAPHAEL (DV: book one).

Holyshitballs!! I am literally sitting here gobsmacked, there are NO WORDS to describe what I'd actually read!! So freaking GOOD!! Dark, but sick, gritty, but sad, twisted, but unputdownable. I felt all the emotions but LOVE!! There was no room for love in this book.

This right here was a small teaser taste of what's to come, and a whole lot of darkness is going to reign over
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
That. Was. INCREDIBLE!! With this prequel, Tillie Cole not only took my mind down a dark and painful road, but my heart was along for the ride. I read this entire book with my heart constantly in my throat, not knowing what to expect next, and completely devoted to its characters.

Holy Innocents was the home to orphaned children. A residence of the Catholic Church, the priests were their mentors and children were being led down a righteous path. Most turned to the church and became priests themse
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE+++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Michael closed his eyes and fell asleep. But Gabriel didn’t. Instead, he watched his brother and roved his eyes over the rest of the sleeping Fallen. Boys who wanted to kill. Boys who walked in the dark, not the light. Lost boys. Boys with no hope, and no one left in this world.

If the prequel is any indication of how the rest of the ”Deadly Virtues” series is going to be, I can guarantee you this is going to be one of Tillie Cole’s BE
✰ Liz ✰
"He would find a way to protect them all."
description

The Fallen is the dark and twisted Prequel to the Deadly Virtues Series. As always, Tillie Cole has crafted a dark world where raw inhibitions rule and the lines between right and wrong are blurred. When a group of boys have been tossed to the wolves to be beaten down and abused, one boy vows to get out and save them all.

description
“He was Gabriel now. One of the fallen."
The Fallen: Genesis is certainly not for the faint of heart as it is dark and gritty
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!!*****

WOW! I totally devoured this dark prequel! Tillie Cole has done it again and has written a beginning to what promises to be an amazing and addicting series!

It’s definitely not for the faint of heart... it’s dark... and the torture, abuse, and sexual perversion that these young boys go through at the hands of the evil priests is horrific. It was hard to read at times, and yet I am intrigued how this is going to all play out. The thing is that the boys are twisted in their
Wendy

I am a HUGE fan of the "Hades Hangmen" series. No one can do "dark romance" the way that Tillie does it. Usually, I skip the short prequels in series, but I knew I HAD to read the introduction to what is bound to be Tillie's new HIT series !

gonna be awesome gif - Google zoeken

Now let me start off by saying, that there isn't anything "romantic" about this novella. It is purely an introduction into the world of "The Fallen".  Gabriel, Michael, Raphael Selaphiel, Barachiel, Jegudiel, and Uriel.

They told them they were evil.
Th
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
44591368-1.jpg

This novella is an introduction into the dark world of this addictive new series.
This is an introduction that sets the stage beautifully in preparation for the upcoming novel Raphael.
Alongside “The Fallen" our Blinkers are removed and we get to experience the brutality that is purgatory (a hidden underground place of hell on earth)
Joseph in a baptism of blood has his eyes savagely opened and finally discovers his true calling as a saviour and protector of his new unorthodox family. Now reborn a
.。.✿.Nana.✿.。.
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Woow... 😱 This is dark, but I couldn't put it down

I can’t wait to read what happens next
warhawke
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark lovers
Genre: Dark Coming of Age Fiction
Type: Prequel novella from Deadly Virtue series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Joseph and James Kelly didn’t have an easy childhood. Growing up in an orphanage, Joseph dedicated his life to his God and religion. James was the only family he had left until he found a few others that embodied the same darkness his brother possessed. Because of that, they became a target and Joseph vowed to be their protector no matter the consequences.

It’s been a while since I read a dar
CC
4.5 Stars

In this prequel novella, the foundation is set in a corrupt world where the chosen rule at the cost of the innocent. With depravity lurking at every corner, there is one who rises above the violence and vows to protect those who have been abused.

“The Fallen’s one and only protector. The one pure angel in a sea of Satan-like sinners.”

Introduced to seven characters with diverse personalities and deep needs, I remain curious about each. Gabriel seems like he is up to the task, but at
Whitney

If you haven't notice, I will faithfully read anything by Tillie Cole. She is a auto-buy author for me. When I heard she had a new series coming out, I was ecstatic. I finally made time for pick up this short novella about the seven fallen boys. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

We follow Joseph's POV about how him and his brother, James, are in a orphanage that is ran by a bunch of priests. His brother has always been very detached and obsessed with blood. Joseph stops him f
Saint Monique
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-beauty
4 'Fallen Archangels' stars

“They’ll die one day. They will all die for doing this to us.”

I have no idea where to start or what to say. The story is dark and disturbing in true Tillie Cole fashion. She really doesn't hold anything back in this one.

Not much exactly happened since it's a prequel novella to the series that "set a stage for the main act". We got to meet the characters and I can't quite decide if I'm intrigued by them or afraid of them. I guess, some weird combination of b
Betül
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, 2019, arc, reviewed, novella
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Seven, one for each of the Fallen and the mortal sins Gabriel knew they would one day commit. Seven for the deadly sins, and seven for the heavenly virtues that would aid in his redemption."

The Fallen: Genesis is a prequel novella in The Deadly Virtues Series. What a way to start and introduce the readers to a new dark series. I am really happy Tillie Cole decided to write a prequel novella instead of adding this part in the beginning of the book
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Omg....words. I. Do. Not. Have. Words. I read dark. I love dark. This was DARK. It was hard to read at times, and yet I was captivated.

This group. Their desires. Their specific proclivities are a dichotomy of intriguing and horrific. I am interested to see how Tillie Cole is going to tell these stories, and how she is going to integrate romance it this depraved stories.

This story will be hard. There will be triggers for people, but if you love DARK, you are going to love this. I’m down for the
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nobody can write Dark like Tillie can!!
when she wants to, she can mark your soul with a Red hot poker with TC and you'll forever be her slave. I was so engrossed watching this train wreck of a book, I legit forgot to move from the couch all day. This book is a prequel..... A VERY ESSENTIAL Novella which gives you a glimpse of the horrors to come in the entire series.
Remember these names -
Bara, Uriel, Sela, Diel, Raphael, and Michael....
The Sleeping Fallen.
Boys who wanted to kill. Boys who wa
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

“Welcome to Purgatory….or, as it’s better known…Hell.”

WOW! Where does Tillie Cole go when she creates these dark and disturbing stories? We’re not sure, but we’re really glad she does because she digs deep to feed our dark little hearts with her well thought out, totally messed up and completely riveting stories, and the Deadly Virtues series already promises to be one totally f***ed up journey! This was one difficult and compelling novella!

‘They were his Fallen. His charges. This was his cr
Fabi
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it! It's dark and brutal. Especially so since it involves children.

I wish this had been a fully developed novel length book. It has such high potential. Because it's short, I found some of the "coincidences" that twisted and moved the plot along a little too convenient to be believable. But I can easily picture how well they would have worked given a little more background and build-up.

Mild spoiler explaining the missing star:
(view spoiler)
Steph
Absolutely bloody amazing!

Tillie Cole always delivers, no matter which genre of hers you’re reading 😍🖤
The story was so brutal and twisted (I even had to switch my kindle off at one point because I didn’t want to ‘see’ any more 🙈) but so excellently written and planned out. I was hooked from start to finish.

I cannot believe how much actually happened in this novella and how brilliantly Tillie has set up her new dark world.

I cannot freaking wait for book one and to see where this storyline w
ash | novelly rooted
"Boys with the name of angels but the thirst of demons in their blood. He would protect them all."

Deadly Virtures 0.5 (Prequel Novella)

5/5 🤯🤯🤯 Disturbing-Gritty-Wicked-Sadistic Stars

This quote perfectly summarizes the prequel. My job here is done. Oh, you want more? Let's get some things out of the way first... Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING. This series is not for the faint of heart. I repeat. It is NOT for the faint of heart. Definitely 18+ | This tackles numerous dark and twisted themes (abuse, rape, murder, self harm)

The F
Radd Reader
Andrea Fleury
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fallen men

Oh my God Tillie Cole you are an amazing author. When I started this book . I thought okay what is this. As I read it I was taken into a world of things I never imagined I'd read. But Tillie can write. Oh God does she. Her imagination will leave you breathless. I can't wait to keep reading.
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-amazing-stars
5 🖤⚡️🖤⚡️🖤⚡️🖤⚡️🖤🔝🔝🔝✨✨✨✨✨s‼️❗️‼️

There are no rainbows, flowers or prince charming in this prequel! No! There is pain, abuse, corruption, perversion, described with an extremely raw and brutal manner.
However, beyond and above of all these there is strong bond of brotherhood which will be the foundation for the journey of the Fallen...

“Gabriel watched his brother and roved his eyes over the rest of the sleeping Fallen.
Boys who wanted to kill.
Boys who walked in the dark, not the light.
Lost boys.
Rebecca
Wow, what a beginning to what looks to be another promising series from Tillie Cole!
Cécile Smits
WTF? I thought i knew how dark Tillie Cole could get,but this....WOW!
Can somebody please turn on the light,it’s pitch black in here!
I mean,i knew religion has its ugly side,and priests aren’t always as good as they should be,but these are as bad as they can get....

Joseph and James were taken in by priests in the Holy Innocents Home for Children after their mother died. Being the eldest,Joseph took his promise to their mother to keep James safe very serious. But James was different. He had an u
Melissa H
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a prequel that sets up the rest of a Dark Romance series!

I wasn't sure how I would feel about religion being such a prevalent aspect in this book but I mean it has to be... The guys are the seven deadly sins.

I absolutely loved Tillie Cole's book Sick Fux and have been looking for more dark romance books that felt similar in tone to it. And then I find out that she is releasing a new series that is dark and I'm sure will be sexy. This book has No Romance in it, it is only setting up the
Carla Bulian
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t know...
I’ll try the next book...
Just Josie
Shit. God. Shit. FUCK. Shit. Shit. SHIT!

I am shaking. This was riveting. Oh it was dark. I just.

Fuck.

Jaw-dropping...

Cole outdid herself. She beyond outdid herself. She fell. Fallen. Like her Fallen angels. Fucking glorious. 🖤

It’s haunting, it’s brutal, it’s sick, it’s cruel, and it is glorious.

It’s fucking glorious!!

It’s safe to say I am expecting every raw emotions when reading the coming books.

I can’t wait for her twisted stories. Because however cruel and horrible things she writes about
AJ
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 darkly disturbing and intriguing stars

Wow, Tillie Cole. Seriously. She warned this book was going to be dark, and she’s lived up to that promise, delivering a dark, gritty, graphic and shocking novella to start her new series, Deadly Virtues.

Be warned that this book won’t be for everybody. There are very dark themes, and graphic physical and sexual abuse that appears on the page. If you’ve read the Hell Night series by Alex Grayson (which I whole-heartedly recommend), then you’ll have an ide
Pick a Book
English / Português

4 stars

THE FALLEN: GENESIS is the prequel to the THE DEADLY VIRTUES SERIES. The book starts already letting us in shock and it doesn't get easier. Tillie's writing is, as always, excellent and leave us hooked to it. Even in scenes that made my eyes open so much that my heart soared and I almost stopped reading for what was happening. Not even in the Hades Hangmen series, which also has strong scenes, I felt that way. Seriously! Strong scenes that I just thought "this book is n
Ros 🌼
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars

I love Tillie Cole’s dark work; her Hangmen are superb! I also enjoyed her sports romance series and I have no doubt that her other work is also great. I just chose not to read her sad stories because well, they are sad!

When I saw her teasing this series on Instagram I knew I had to get my hands on it.

Now I’ll keep this short and give this series the benefit of the doubt and continue; but I didn’t love this. When I closed it I wasn't thrilled at the concept.

For some reason this prequ

• N9ne: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater (King, #9)
  • Greed  (The Elite Seven, #7)
  • King of the Causeway (King, #9.5)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
  • Pawn (The Pawn Duet, #2)
  • Malum: Part 2 (Elite Kings Club, #5)
  • Savaged
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Sicko
  • Sloth (The Elite Seven, #6)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • Share Me
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother -- a farmer's daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses. ...more

Deadly Virtues (1 books)
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)

News & Interviews

“Joseph didn’t know how, but he would find a way to protect them all … Boys with the names of angels but the thirst of demons in their blood.
He would protect them all.
Somehow. He at least had to try.”
1 likes
“He was Gabriel now. One of the fallen. And the one who would save them all. He didn’t know how. But he would. He was determined.” 1 likes