Start by marking “Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)

Switch Bidder

(Jock Hard #2.5)

Piper has been crushing on Ryder Williams for years..

What better chance to make her move on him than when he’s sacrificing himself on an auction block for a squealing mass of fans at a charity event? Too bad she’d rather hide in the bathroom than raise her paddel; what girl actually bids on a guy who doesn’t know she exists?

Not. Piper.

But that's what friends are for.
ebook
Published June 25th 2019 (first published March 25th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Switch Bidder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch Bidder

Start your review of Switch Bidder (Jock Hard #2.5)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
A fun and sweet quickie that you can read in one entertaining sitting, Switch Bidder may have been super short, but not any less satisfying than Sara Ney's usual.

You know how sometimes you have these characters that you're curious about and want to know how they get together, but not quite enough to have a full book for? Piper and Ryder were definitely that. There was just enough intrigue for them to last the novella, and I loved every page of it. It was cute and a little sexy. Admittedly, Piper
Sabrina

This was my Read Me Romance book and so good! It took just a little time to get used to the female narrators voice at first, especially when she was saying Piper's friend's dialogue parts which I absolutely hated because it was so whiny, but I eventually got into it and it wasn't a problem. Overall, this was a super fun story to listen to. It was sweet and adorable for the most part and then Episode Four was ALLLL the steaminess and I loved it. I did think the ending was kind of abrupt though so
Melanie (mells_view)
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick. Sweet. Cute.

This was originally offered as a free audio through the Read Me Romance podcast. I guess it’s loosely tied in with her Jock Hard series, but it’s completely standalone. Piper has had a crush on Ryder since freshman year. Now she has a chance to bid on him, but she doesn’t have the lady balls. Lucky for her, her best friend Mallory has a steel vagina and wins his services 😂 not those kind of services. Anyway this is essentially what happens after that, and it’s honestly just a
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, 2019
Loved this! It was fun, cute and I adored the female narrator. I love Jason Clarke but Felicity Monroe knocked it out of the park. Her performance shot this book up to 5 stars!
Michelle
Luv !!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I really enjoyed it this book. I actually listened to this on Read Me Romance and it was great to listen to it I don't do audio really but I enjoyed listening to this. But I had to read it to I luv Pippa and Ryder and there story. The book is short and sexy and really good.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Pippa is a bit of a book nerd and has fancied Ryder for ages but she has never felt like she could ask him out. He's the hottest guy in school and there is no way he is going for a girl like her. Until there is
Irene Sim
Too short and TBH too unrealistic.....
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Audio read via Read Me Romance

This is def a me not you thing....

It didn’t start good when I immediately hated the heroines best friend. Maybe it was the narriator but she was the type of girl I’d smack and then keep distance from her. Annoying as shit! It didn’t improve throughout the story either.

The heroine was the typical Mary Sue. Virgin, never dated, confused about oral sex, liked the guy for years but never talked him. 🤦‍♀️
Hero was better but not by much. He was bland and has liked the he
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Carmen Rae
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that ended abruptly but God I love Sara's characters so much.
Raine
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very, very short story!

I would given this book 5 stars, but for the length. It was too short. I wanted more of Ryder and Piper!!!
AJ
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ‘I want more!’ stars

This is a super-cute, super-short (40 page) short story. It was available in audiobook format on the Read Me Romance Podcast in March 2019, and is now being made available in ebook and paperback, forming part of the Jock Hard series, but an absolute stand alone.

Piper is a shy college senior who has been dragged along to a fraternity auction, where her vivacious best friend bids on her behalf for Ryder Williams, the guy she’s had a crush on for four years. Piper is horrifie
Kate
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was cute and short. A little too short and because of that, things progressed really fast, but I guess that's the thing with novellas. Although I think some page time that could've been dedicated to the couple and their budding romance was wasted, to be honest.

Like, I get it, it's 36 pages but if it's 36 pages, why would you want to waste a whole page on heroine pondering the advantages of wax vs. laser hair removal, like???

Anyway, I've only read Jock Row series from Sara Ney (and after di
Sam (AMNReader)
More effective than the third in the series for me.
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series is just so much fun!! I don't know how the last book is going to go, but I love how these have been low angst and just fun. This is definitely going to be a series I revisit.
book bruin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
What a funny and sexy NA novella! Switch Bidder is a quick 5 chapter read that will have you laughing one minute and then fanning yourself the next. There isn't any heavy lifting or unnecessary drama in this. It's just pure fun, with things going from zero to sixty between our main characters, Piper and Ryder, in the blink of an eye and leaves you wanting more. Switch Bidder is set in the Jock Hard world and was originally released as an audiobook narrated by Jason Clarke (YUM!) and Felicity Mon ...more
mandy ❤
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish this had been longer. Piper and Ryder were cute!
Kahea

***4 Stars***

I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to this novella, so I dove in with no knowledge of how this little slice of life played out and I have to say, though it was short, it was a fun read and one that came at the perfect time for me since I had just finished a book that made my head all kinds of wonky and this baby helped to settle it down. I really liked Piper and Ryder, and can pretty much guarantee that had I been able to spend more time with them, I would have ended up ado
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

OMG, what did Sara do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What she did was leave us with a major tease!! Piper has a friend that is super crazy and wild so during the annual guy auction she bids on Piper's crush - Ryder and wins him. Well Piper is shy about contacting Ryder until they have a chance run in. This book is super sweet and surprisingly sexy. I will say that I NEED MORE of this couple!!

This specific video review will be included in the March 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book revie
Tracy  C
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Anne OK
Super hot quickie (pun definitely intended)! Way too short -- but fun to read anyway.
~Kristin~
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, what a fantastic little tidbit...really the best kind because I definitely want more...please let there be more!!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
My first book by this author and the writing is great. It’s the story itself that was a little to predictable and read before storyline for my taste.

While everything has been done in romance, it’s typically the author’s characters and spin on plot that make it interesting.

Unfortunately there was nothing really unique about this story.

The first installment left me uninterested to finish. In fact, weeks went by before I finally forced myself to listen to second part.

Second part was just a boring.

I
Literati Literature Lovers
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!
Switch Bidder is a funny, sweet and sexy quick read. I loved it. I only wish it were longer!!! It was cute with great characters and I found myself laughing out loud and covering my face in embarrassment for Piper. She was so awkward it was adorable. The story is relatable and endearing. I loved Ryder. He was the perfect hero and stole my heart in a few short pages. Great premise. I want to go to college with them!!!
~Maria
FLOR
Mar 28, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020-reads
If i could give it less than 1 star I would... so disappointing!!
✨Eni_ft✨
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Too short !
Jessica Frances
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this. I usually dislike college books, but I really enjoyed the story and the dialogue. This is my first Sara Ney book but I’ve already bought more of her. Loved the RMR ladies as well.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly
The minute I heard that Sara Ney was giving us more of her amazing Jock Hard series I could not jump on this little sexy novella fast enough! Like all Ney books, Switch Bidder was high on banter, cute swoony moments and was so fun! Piper and Ryder's story was so delicious I couldn't help desperately craving more of them in a full length book!

When Piper Davenport's friend bids on sexy jock, and longtime crush, Ryan Williams on her behalf during a charity bachelor auction she has no idea what to d
Nova
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a massive fan of the Jock Hard series so could not wait for the release of this on ebook. This was a great quick novella my only complaint is that it seems like the start of a bigger story and a tease of whats to come.

Piper has had the biggest crush on Ryder Williams since she started college but she thinks someone as popular as he is would never look twice at someone like her but she can’t help but still build her fantasy’s around him. That is until the night that her best friend makes he
AmbzyRoseBooks
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara Ney does it again with this cute short SHORT novella.

We meet our heroine Piper a shy, quiet senior collage girl who has had a huge crush on our hero Ryder a popular jock since freshman year. She thinks he has know clue who she is but later we find out that Ryder knows exactly who Piper is and has had his own crush on her.

It takes a charity event bidding war for these two to finally cross paths but it was fun, sweet and sexy and definitely left me wanting more. As it was only 5 chapters we

• Between Us and Forever
  • The Objection
  • The Duke's Twin: A Regency Short Story
  • An Instant Connection (Insta-Spark Collection, #3)
  • One Last Chance (King Family, #4.5)
  • Rated Ex
  • Picture Perfect
  • Look But Don't Touch (Touch, #1)
  • Trapping Her
  • Because of You
  • Grading Curves
  • Bounced into Love (Bachelorette Party, #4.5)
  • I Hate You
  • Plumbing the Virgin
  • Smolder (Guardian Protection, #2.5)
  • Balls Out
  • Halfway Girl (Girl, #2.5)
  • The Dugout
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

Jock Hard (3 books)
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)