Start by marking “Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)

Fighting for Rain

(The Rain Trilogy #2)

The world was supposed to end on April 23, but Rainbow Williams’s world ended days before that.

The mass hysteria caused by the impending apocalypse claimed everything she’d ever loved. Her family. Her city. Her will to live.

Until she met him.

Wes Parker didn’t have anything left for the apocalypse to take…he’d already lost it all by the time he was nine-years-old. His
Published January 16th 2020 by Art by Easton

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for Rain, please sign up.
Marvin The 2nd book releases TOMORROW!!! and the third one will release January 30th.

Start your review of Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
T.M. Frazier
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to beg BB Easton for an early copy of this book and she actually sent it to me. Buwhahahahahahaha. Anywhose it, I thought the first one was one of the most amazing books I'd ever read. The second one is even better!!!!! I can't wait for you guys to read it and I can't wait to get my hands on the third.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
That ending thooooo... I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself while I'm waiting for Dying For Rain. Rain and Wes made it. They survived April 23rd. Sweeeeet! However, the world had descended into even more chaos and survival wasn't guaranteed. They needed to find food and shelter. They needed to save their friend. And they needed to figure out what their future, if they even had a future, would be.

No getting attached.
Leave before you get left.
Supplies. Shelter. Self-defense.
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "The only exception!!!" stars***

"I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on Rainbow Williams that I would end up dying for her."

Wow!!! This story keeps getting better and better...
I loved how the events turned out and literally, i'm itching to get my hands on the last book...
Especially after THAT ending!!!
An ending that left me with my mouth wind open on surprise, my heart broken in the possibility of what will happen and with a big WHY??? repeating on my mind!!!!
Phew!!! That ending
Jill
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here we are again. Me trying to articulate just how phenomenal of a storyteller BB Easton is. Fighting for Rain delivers so much more than I ever could have imagined. The action and intensity start immediately when the world DOESN’T end. The damage is done. The world has unraveled into a lawless chaos. Wes and Rain have no time to revel in the fact that they survived, and with a couple found friends along the way, they very quickly have to seek shelter while they deal with the aftermath of a ...more
Leigh

Fighting for Rain is book 2 in The Rain Trilogy and it was another awesome read. Wes and Rain find themselves looking for shelter after the explosion in book 1 and Rain comes face to face with someone from her past. This situation will test their relationship and we will see a different side to Wes. The confident guy we first met will be replaced by a boy afraid of being left behind. This was something that really broke my heart and I couldn't wait for him to come back. Rain showed a
Tracy Slone
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Speechless! Oh, Wes! I fell for you in Praying, but Fighting Wes has consumed me. The passion and the turmoil in their relationship has truly sent me on an emotional roller coaster. BB Easton writes in a way that makes me feel like a friend is telling me a story that happened to her. She has turned Rain into my friend. Rain has so much to offer those around her and it’s going to take a man like Wes to show her all of the ways she deserves to be loved.
Grace
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

April 23rd, aka Doomsday, has passed. Now what?
For Rainbow "Rain" Williams and Wes Parker, that is the big question.
Their plans of escaping the area turn sideways quickly and their new fate may just end them.

What surprised me in this story was the role reversals. Rain seems stronger, given a purpose to help others. Sure, she has moments of weakness when the memories haunt her, and she struggles to overcome her painful losses, but given what she's been thru over the past couple days,
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BB EASTON!???!? Wow...I'm sitting here speechless. I devoured - absolutely DEVOURED - this book in one day. It is addictive, jaw-dropping, and leaves you breathless with every page.

I fell so in love with Wes & Rain in Praying for Rain. Their chemistry, passion, strength, loyalty and determination to survive was all-consuming and I was riveted to the pages. And once again...in Fighting for Rain, these characters step up their game and you will be left with your heart in
Jaime Ryter
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?! WHAT DID I JUST READ?! The Queen has done it again! When did you become so sadistic with your cliff-hanging skills?! Cuz WELL DONE! If book three wasn’t releasing soon, I may have had to check myself into a treatment facility on a 72 hour hold. LOL! You’ve managed to paint such a vivid story in my mind, that I keep replaying it over and over in my mind. Is this a dream or reality?! But when I see other people freaking out over it, I know that it is reality and this is just ...more
Excessive~Reader
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fighting for Rain picks right back up but has just enough back info that helps trigger your memory. So well written and great paced I couldn’t put it down. I fell even more in love with Wes and Rain. It’s weird to call this a sexy romance when Rain and Wes find themselves in a whole new war, but it is. If you thought book 1 was original this one will shock you.
The outside was scary enough in the after math of the world crashed down around them, but being trapped inside is no Rainbow. In the
Flo Grugel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I actually have no words apart from I NEED DYING FOR RAIN NOW!!!!
BB Easton! How could you deliver that cliffy? How? How am I meant to wait?
Rain and Wes are everything that's all
5 solid stars!
Nikita Navalkar
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought I was so excited because I was finally diving into Fighting for Rain which was a long time coming after Praying. But let me tell you I was not ready, and neither are you. Because this book will rip you apart and leave you in a post apocalyptic hot mess of shattered hearts and shredded souls. Now I’m glad that the author waited to finish the trilogy and release the last two books back to back, because that’s only humane to us unsuspecting readers.

Both Wes and Rain are a treasure and
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In book two, Fighting for Rain, of B.B. Easton's post apocalyptic The Rain Trilogy readers find Wes and Rain embarking on a new life together even as they question their survival in their new terrifying and unpredictable world order.

Ms. Easton progresses the darker side of humanity in book two as she takes Wes and Rain from taking chances with nothing left to lose to the opposite extreme of being risk adverse. In the bleak reality of surviving in a world where humanity is a rare commodity this
Veronica  Bellaorev Books
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Let’s just start this review with a big HOLY COW what did I just finish reading here!!!!!!! BB Easton are you planing on giving me a heart attack?? I can’t believe you left me with my jaw hanging here and with that ending in book 2. Thank goodness book 3 it’s releasing pretty soon because I might die waiting.

Fighting for Rain it’s book 2 of The Rain Trilogy. You definitely need to read this books in order. This book twisted my heart and made it pound doubly. This trilogy is a combination of
readingsnfeelings
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
****4.5 STARS****

This is book 2 of The Rain Triology, and you need to absolutely read Praying For Rain beforehand. Fighting For Rain picks right up where book one finished. This was one of my most anticipated books of 2020 and it was everything.

Rain and Wes are now facing the aftermath of the catastrophe that disrupted and shattered to pieces their whole world. New obstacles surface which neither saw coming. New revelations knock them out their feet and leave them shocked & devastated.

Renee
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not many authors match BB Easton’s ability to weave words into a vivid picture. Her style of writing is as if you are sitting with the characters living the story with them. If apocalypse or dystopian are not your jam do not let that sway you away from these books! BB’s storytelling is incredibly believable and realistic. Action, suspense, romance, angst...these books have it all. Once again I find it hard to write a review that does justice to BB’s storytelling ability. My words will always ...more
Nikki Estes
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this amazing ride! And WHEW was it ever! If praying for rain left you for more Fighting For Rain will CRUSH you! I couldn’t fall more in love with Wes and Rain than i already did and Bb showed me just how wrong i was!!! Bb cultivated a story filled with love, heartbreak, and more drama to keep you on the edge of your seat! Hang on because this ride just dropped right over the edge!
Maria
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was not ready for that ending, y’all. I am so impressed with BB Easton’s writing. She keeps getting better and better and I can’t wait to start Dying For Rain. I’m still reeling from the whole book that I can’t even put my thoughts together right now.
Cassandra Martin
What an exciting and heart pounding second book in the Rain Trilogy!

We get a lot more information about the 'coming' apocalypse, and the new landscape of their world. I love the new aspects that they are now dealing with, and how these characters react and grow from it.

I flew through this book, because I had to know what was going to happen next, and holy-canoli, that cliffhanger! This was a very intense and somewhat angsty read.

I cannot wait to see how this trilogy ends!!
Nikki Pennington
I didn't think this was a goodbye kiss, but maybe I was wrong. Because the last time Wes tried to tell me goodbye, it felt exactly like this.

I was given an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. Fighting for Rain releases January 16th! It's book 2 in the Rain Trilogy!

Okay, so I've been dying for this book. Like, seriously dying. When I reviewed Praying for Rain it turned into some mushy love fest over BB Easton, because I'm such a fan girl, and this will be much more of the
Amanda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Fighting for Rain
is the second book in B.B. Easton's Rain trilogy. This is one continuous story so you need to have read book 1 to enjoy book two.

"I would follow this man to the ends of the earth, which , from the looks of it, might be right here at Pitchard Park Mall."

Fighting for Rain picks up right where Praying for Rain ended. Rain and Wes are dealing with what comes next after the revelations at the end of book 1. Rain finds refuge in the
Book Addicted Shanna
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like every time I write a review for this author I say “She did it again!” But let me tell you....BB Easton DID. IT. AGAIN!!! She took this dystopian romantic suspense story to the NEXT LEVEL!!

In Fighting for Rain, Book 2 in the Rain Trilogy, we find out what happens to Rain, Wes, and humanity after April 23rd, the day of the “apocalypse”. Turns out, what happens next is an absolutely epic journey that takes Rain and Wes to the brink!

This book is darker than Praying for Rain. BB yields
Meredith
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
I am just speechless right now. I didn't think it was possible to top Praying for Rain, but this one certainly did just that. From start to finish, I was completely and utterly hooked on this book. Fighting for Rain was intense, gripping, sexy, and absolutely amazing! It definitely brought out all of the feels in me. I smiled. I cried. I raged. And I fell in love with Wes and Rain all over again.

The world was supposed to end on April 23rd, but it didn't. Wes and Rain are alive to see another
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It should go without saying but I will say it again, BB Easton has found her calling and it is writing! She becomes stronger with every books she writes. She is a brilliant storyteller and I am here for it!

BB is so expressive when she writes that I feel like I’m living it, I get chills!
The emotions she pulls from her readers are real! She brings these raw, intense, gritty, questionable and relatable characters to life with her words. You feel the heartache, longing, anxiety, fear and uncertainty
Shannon Mcfarland
BB! What have you done to me? I eagerly waited for this book after reading Praying for Rain. Now my mind is blown!

Wes and Rain have their own unique love story. Their love grew from the tragedies of the upcoming apocalypse. They came together at the most unusual time, but clearly when they needed each other the most. Their love is a imperfect perfect love nonetheless.

Now faced with new adversaries, an astounding revelation, and broken hearts, Rain and Wes vow to survive together. However people
Nikki
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from the author and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

My Thoughts

F%$K M% L&*3 where basically my thoughts after finishing Fighting for Rain. I thought the first book was unputdownable... well book 2 came into the ring and said 'hold my earrings.' I started this book after work the same day my ARC magically appeared on my Kindle... I only stopped reading long enough to do
Mel
4.5 stars!

Rain and Wes are back, and now that April 23rd has come and gone and the world didn’t end as expected, they have to figure out what to do next as they face a whole new way of life. However, just because they didn’t die on April 23rd doesn’t mean they are suddenly safe. New dangers threaten their lives and push the hope for a future further from their grasps.

I love the Rain Trilogy and Fighting for Rain is an exciting, fast-paced addition to the story. It’s an emotional rollercoaster as
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
”I thought April 24 was going to be a new beginning. Turns out, it’s just the same old shit but with no Wi-Fi.”

4 stars. So BB Easton clearly wants to fight because, ma’am! Why do you keep doing this to me? The ending to this was even crazier than book one and that’s saying a lot. I’m equals parts pissed and impressed. Did not see that coming at all.

This book was way better than the first one and I was a lot more invested in Rain and Wes and I actually really liked them. The story picks up
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

BB Easton has managed to reignite my love for dystopian romance with this addictively captivating trilogy and my heart hasn't stopped racing since that epic cliffhanger in Praying for Rain and it was on life-support the entire time I was devouring Fighting for Rain. Just because Rain and Wes survived April 23 doesn't mean all their trouble are behind them. If anything things are about to get a whole lot crazier because no one was expected to make
Leah of Crazy Reader Chicks
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fighting for Rain had me on the edge of my seat from page 1...well not so much seat...more like bed really...ok not so much on the edge of the bed...I was laying down... so I guess more metaphorically on the edge of my seat rather than literally on the edge of my seat. Regardless, book 2 of this series had me hooked.

Before diving in to Fighting for Rain, book 2, I needed a recap of Praying for Rain, book 1 because #mombrain so I went back to Goodreads and read some spoilery reviews and picked

• Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • Release
  • Finding Perfect
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Wild In The Windy City: The Anthology Volume 3
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • Heartless Hero
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Code of Silence
  • Siren
BB Easton lives in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, with her long-suffering husband, Ken, and two adorable children. She recently quit her job as a school psychologist to write books about her punk rock past and deviant sexual history full-time. Ken is suuuper excited about that.

BB’s memoir, 44 Chapters About 4 Men, and the spin-off 44 Chapters novels are being adapted into a steamy,

The Rain Trilogy (3 books)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)