Start by marking “Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)

Fighting for Rain

(The Rain Trilogy #2)

The world was supposed to end on April 23, but Rainbow Williams’s world ended days before that.

The mass hysteria caused by the impending apocalypse claimed everything she’d ever loved. Her family. Her city. Her will to live.

Until she met him.

Wes Parker didn’t have anything left for the apocalypse to take…he’d already lost it all by the time he was nine-years-old. His
Published January 16th 2020 by Art by Easton

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for Rain, please sign up.
Marvin The 2nd book releases TOMORROW!!! and the third one will release January 30th.

Start your review of Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
T.M. Frazier
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to beg BB Easton for an early copy of this book and she actually sent it to me. Buwhahahahahahaha. Anywhose it, I thought the first one was one of the most amazing books I'd ever read. The second one is even better!!!!! I can't wait for you guys to read it and I can't wait to get my hands on the third.
arini ☆彡
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

#1 praying for rain — 4 stars
#2 fighting for rain — 4.5 stars
#3 dying for rain (tbr)

OH MY GOD, THE ENDING. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I'M THOROUGHLY LIVING FOR THIS.

everything intensifies in this installment. we get some plot action, character development, and relationship drama. the romance is not as prominent as it was in the first book. however, considering the progress it makes on the other aspects of the story, this book is still very much gripping, emotional, suspenseful, funny, sexy, and
Meredith
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
I am just speechless right now. I didn't think it was possible to top Praying for Rain, but this one certainly did just that. From start to finish, I was completely and utterly hooked on this book. Fighting for Rain was intense, gripping, sexy, and absolutely amazing! It definitely brought out all of the feels in me. I smiled. I cried. I raged. And I fell in love with Wes and Rain all over again.

The world was supposed to end on April 23rd, but it didn't. Wes and Rain are alive to see another
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
That ending thooooo... I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself while I'm waiting for Dying For Rain. Rain and Wes made it. They survived April 23rd. Sweeeeet! However, the world had descended into even more chaos and survival wasn't guaranteed. They needed to find food and shelter. They needed to save their friend. And they needed to figure out what their future, if they even had a future, would be.

No getting attached.
Leave before you get left.
Supplies. Shelter. Self-defense.
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "The only exception!!!" stars***

"I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on Rainbow Williams that I would end up dying for her."

Wow!!! This story keeps getting better and better...
I loved how the events turned out and literally, i'm itching to get my hands on the last book...
Especially after THAT ending!!!
An ending that left me with my mouth wind open on surprise, my heart broken in the possibility of what will happen and with a big WHY??? repeating on my mind!!!!
Phew!!! That ending
Kenzie Mooney
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC for my honest review*
*Fighting for Rain is the second book in the Rain Trilogy. It comes out January 16th, 2020. Praying for Rain MUST be read prior to this book. Dying for Rain, the third & final book, will be released January 30th*

I CANNOT FORM WORDS. BB TOOK THEM. I’LL BE BACK WHEN SHE GIVES ME BACK MY SANITY.

Okay, it’s been a couple hours & I still haven’t gotten back my sanity but I DID eat & I think that’s like the same thing??! So um here we go with a
Curlyhairlass19
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Well, if I ever doubted BB’s bad assery before now, (which I didn’t), I can promise you I never will. Ever. She brings that attitude to her writing with this whole series, but especially this book. I’m still trying to come up with the words to articulate the feels this book evoked within me. Never would I ever have imagined that I would be into a dystopian romantic suspense story, but leave it to BB to make me a believer.

This book is so much darker, angstier, and way grittier than Praying For
Jill
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here we are again. Me trying to articulate just how phenomenal of a storyteller BB Easton is. Fighting for Rain delivers so much more than I ever could have imagined. The action and intensity start immediately when the world DOESN’T end. The damage is done. The world has unraveled into a lawless chaos. Wes and Rain have no time to revel in the fact that they survived, and with a couple found friends along the way, they very quickly have to seek shelter while they deal with the aftermath of a ...more
Grace
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

April 23rd, aka Doomsday, has passed. Now what?
For Rainbow "Rain" Williams and Wes Parker, that is the big question.
Their plans of escaping the area turn sideways quickly and their new fate may just end them.

What surprised me in this story was the role reversals. Rain seems stronger, given a purpose to help others. Sure, she has moments of weakness when the memories haunt her, and she struggles to overcome her painful losses, but given what she's been thru over the past couple days,
Sophie's Reading Corner
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Fuck' em all and survive anyway."

Fighting for Rain is the second instalment in the Rain Trilogy and OMG! What a ride this has been!! I had really enjoyed the first book, but this one was so much better! The action, the side characters, the angst, the suspense... just everything that you would expect in a dystopian world! And the romance..

Wes and Rain are two main characters that you love them both seperately and even more when they are together! They can be so good and their scenes so hot!
Leigh

Fighting for Rain is book 2 in The Rain Trilogy and it was another awesome read. Wes and Rain find themselves looking for shelter after the explosion in book 1 and Rain comes face to face with someone from her past. This situation will test their relationship and we will see a different side to Wes. The confident guy we first met will be replaced by a boy afraid of being left behind. This was something that really broke my heart and I couldn't wait for him to come back. Rain showed a
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Fighting For Rain was an exhilarating and addictive read. Time stopped, pages blurred, my heart raced. It was a ride I didn't want to get off of.

Praying For Rain ended in a cliffhanger that had us at the edge of our seats. Fighting For Rain focuses on how they have to learn to survive after April 23rd. The dooms day came and went yet they are all still here and have to deal with the fall out of people's actions. Rain has to confront her past and deal with her memories. Wes is her strength and
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Shelves: arc
Wow. Just wow. I didn’t know I liked books like this. Hold up, I actually DIDN’T like books like this until Bb Easton started writing them. I really didn’t even know what apocalyptic romance was, but then Praying for Rain came along and it blew my mind. I needed the next book, like yesterday. Then, the next book finally came and I need the final book NOW!

Rain is so strong even if she thinks she is irrevocably broken. Wes still has his trust issues, but you can really see in this book that he
Tracy Slone
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Speechless! Oh, Wes! I fell for you in Praying, but Fighting Wes has consumed me. The passion and the turmoil in their relationship has truly sent me on an emotional roller coaster. BB Easton writes in a way that makes me feel like a friend is telling me a story that happened to her. She has turned Rain into my friend. Rain has so much to offer those around her and it’s going to take a man like Wes to show her all of the ways she deserves to be loved.
Veronica  Bellaorev Books
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Let’s just start this review with a big HOLY COW what did I just finish reading here!!!!!!! BB Easton are you planing on giving me a heart attack?? I can’t believe you left me with my jaw hanging here and with that ending in book 2. Thank goodness book 3 it’s releasing pretty soon because I might die waiting.

Fighting for Rain it’s book 2 of The Rain Trilogy. You definitely need to read this books in order. This book twisted my heart and made it pound doubly. This trilogy is a combination of
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BB EASTON!???!? Wow...I'm sitting here speechless. I devoured - absolutely DEVOURED - this book in one day. It is addictive, jaw-dropping, and leaves you breathless with every page.

I fell so in love with Wes & Rain in Praying for Rain. Their chemistry, passion, strength, loyalty and determination to survive was all-consuming and I was riveted to the pages. And once again...in Fighting for Rain, these characters step up their game and you will be left with your heart in
Nikita Navalkar
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought I was so excited because I was finally diving into Fighting for Rain which was a long time coming after Praying. But let me tell you I was not ready, and neither are you. Because this book will rip you apart and leave you in a post apocalyptic hot mess of shattered hearts and shredded souls. Now I’m glad that the author waited to finish the trilogy and release the last two books back to back, because that’s only humane to us unsuspecting readers.

Both Wes and Rain are a treasure and
Jaime Ryter
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?! WHAT DID I JUST READ?! The Queen has done it again! When did you become so sadistic with your cliff-hanging skills?! Cuz WELL DONE! If book three wasn’t releasing soon, I may have had to check myself into a treatment facility on a 72 hour hold. LOL! You’ve managed to paint such a vivid story in my mind, that I keep replaying it over and over in my mind. Is this a dream or reality?! But when I see other people freaking out over it, I know that it is reality and this is just ...more
Excessive~Reader
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fighting for Rain picks right back up but has just enough back info that helps trigger your memory. So well written and great paced I couldn’t put it down. I fell even more in love with Wes and Rain. It’s weird to call this a sexy romance when Rain and Wes find themselves in a whole new war, but it is. If you thought book 1 was original this one will shock you.
The outside was scary enough in the after math of the world crashed down around them, but being trapped inside is no Rainbow. In the
S.Shade
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-books-read
I have been patiently waiting for this book to come out and let me tell you B.B. knocked it out of the park with this one! So, so good!

Wes and Rains story continues right where Praying for Rain left off.

Wes and Rain try to figure out a way to navigate their new reality. New and old threats are introduced and the crushing weight of past traumas are still sitting heavily on their shoulders. But the question is, is their love strong enough to survive what comes after the apocalypse?

I can not wait
Flo Grugel
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I actually have no words apart from I NEED DYING FOR RAIN NOW!!!!
BB Easton! How could you deliver that cliffy? How? How am I meant to wait?
Rain and Wes are everything that's all
5 solid stars!
Kalin Mayberry
5 “The Only Exception” Stars

This book. This story. It’s so deep, and so intense, and truly captivating. It’s raw, it’s gritty, and the scenarios are definitely a possibility in this sort of situation. It’s also freaking funny, because... BB Easton. She’s a boss!
BB Easton knows how to use these characters to capture your attention and keep it. I found myself rooting for Wes and Rain in Praying for Rain, and in Fighting for Rain I was an even bigger fan. Those two grow so much in a short period
cupcakes and bookshelves
Enthralling, beautiful, captivating, insanely addictive.... I never want it to end! You HAD to end it there though didn't you, BB, and I love you more for doing that. Gagging for the final book, counting the days.....

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
Mel
4.5 stars!

Rain and Wes are back, and now that April 23rd has come and gone and the world didn’t end as expected, they have to figure out what to do next as they face a whole new way of life. However, just because they didn’t die on April 23rd doesn’t mean they are suddenly safe. New dangers threaten their lives and push the hope for a future further from their grasps.

I love the Rain Trilogy and Fighting for Rain is an exciting, fast-paced addition to the story. It’s an emotional rollercoaster as
PP's Bookshelf
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be still my freaking beating heart! B.B. Easton gave me the most terrifying yet satisfying story of my life in Fighting For Rain. This dystopian romance has flooded my inside with adrenaline rush like never before. The ugliness of humanity and brutality of survival fights paired with an almost impossible love story here. And I have no words for these angsty, heart wrecking, jaw dropping, nail biting, messed up and frightening emotions!

Fighting for Rain is the second book of the trilogy and you
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In book two, Fighting for Rain, of B.B. Easton's post apocalyptic The Rain Trilogy readers find Wes and Rain embarking on a new life together even as they question their survival in their new terrifying and unpredictable world order.

Ms. Easton progresses the darker side of humanity in book two as she takes Wes and Rain from taking chances with nothing left to lose to the opposite extreme of being risk adverse. In the bleak reality of surviving in a world where humanity is a rare commodity this
Book Addicted Shanna
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like every time I write a review for this author I say “She did it again!” But let me tell you....BB Easton DID. IT. AGAIN!!! She took this dystopian romantic suspense story to the NEXT LEVEL!!

In Fighting for Rain, Book 2 in the Rain Trilogy, we find out what happens to Rain, Wes, and humanity after April 23rd, the day of the “apocalypse”. Turns out, what happens next is an absolutely epic journey that takes Rain and Wes to the brink!

This book is darker than Praying for Rain. BB yields
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This being my first Apocalyptic/dystopia series ever, I'm bound to be confused by some scenes so bear with me
Apocalypse doomsday is come and gone, it's April 24th now. Now what??
That's a million dollar question.... This episode starts with Rain and Wes trying to survive...they end up at Franklin Parkland Mall after an explosion on the highway leaves them stranded with their friends Quint & Lamar in wounded condition. With the Bonys running rampant, they struggle and limp together to find
Talon
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

I feel like it's only suitable to start this review off this way:

OMMMG.
THE ACTION. THE TENSION. THE STRESS.
I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. AND THEN THE ENDING.
JUST OMMMG.

Okay, now that I have that out of the way, let me begin. BB Easton, to me, has always been an incredible story teller. But she has found her true calling with this trilogy. Hands down. Her calling was Wes and Rain. She was meant to find
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description
Twisty goodness….

You would think the end of the world would be simple, but nothing could be further from the truth in this action-filled, emotion-packed, thrill ride!

Wes and Rain stumbled upon each other during some of the worst moments of their lives. Bound through necessity, their new-found relationship would be tested over and over as the world descended into chaos. And survival was not a given…

This is the second read in the trilogy and it was even more intense than the first. And that’s

• Credence
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Release
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Code of Silence
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Siren
  • Dangerous Games
  • Insolent
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • The Younger Man
  • Madness
  • Warrior Blue
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
BB Easton lives in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, with her long-suffering husband, Ken, and two adorable children. She recently quit her job as a school psychologist to write books about her punk rock past and deviant sexual history full-time. Ken is suuuper excited about that.

BB’s memoir, 44 Chapters About 4 Men, and the spin-off 44 Chapters novels are being adapted into a steamy,

The Rain Trilogy (3 books)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)