Start by marking “Guarding the Billionaire (Justin Trainer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Guarding the Billionaire (Justin Trainer, #1)

Guarding the Billionaire

(Justin Trainer #1)

It's a black comedy, no wait, a romcom ... um ... a thriller, maybe suspense, and erotic with a bit of BDSM and a super hot bodyguard looking after his billionaire boss.

It's definitely not all black and white...
Published April 22nd 2019 by Harvey Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Guarding the Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding the Billionaire

Start your review of Guarding the Billionaire (Justin Trainer, #1)
Jacqueline
4.5

I totally lost myself in this, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

He's an ex marine hired to be a bodyguard to a billionaire. Said billionaire is a 29 year old self made man, philanthropist and all around introvert with a liking for (ahem) meditating himself into a lather with a whip.

This narrated by Justin our bodyguard and it's his dry, cynical wit and wry observations that really set this apart. It's not a light read, but witty and enlightening. It remind
Grace
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

This book wasn't anything like I expected. Obviously, the synopsis doesn't reveal much. But I can say that it is so much more than a romance.

The story itself centers around a security specialist, Justin Trainer. While it takes some time for Trainer to settle into a full-time position, working security for a boy band, and a camel (separate jobs, and yes, you read that right), he eventually settles into a position protecting a young billionaire, Devon Anderson.

There is a lot of intrigue about Anderson.
He's never really happy.
He's a constant st
Jane Harvey-Berrick
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
THE NAME IS TRAINER. JUSTIN TRAINER and I'm so excited to share the rollercoaster ride of this hapless bodyguard and his twisted billionaire boss. He's also trying to be a daddy to his little girl with an ex-wife who hates him, and find time to pursue the very lovely housekeeper, Rachel.

Extract 1: 260 words
Prologue – The bodyguard and the billionaire

Billionaires. Don’t ya just love ‘em?

Money coming out of their asses. They get their people to call your people, and
Luisa Rivas
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the author says, if you liked Fifty Shades of Gray (FSOG), you will love this story. And if you didn’t like FSOG, you will still love this story. The main character is a bodyguard, not a crazy billionaire with kinky habits. And even though our bodyguard, Justin Trainer, does guard a crazy billionaire, the story is told in a tongue-in-cheek manner which causes frequent and loud laughs. You will still get your sexy times, but of the regular variety, no kink involved.

Justin Trainer
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"There were a lot of guys like me in the Marines—men and women looking to trade up on the families they'd been given. It's no surprise that there are more foster kids in the armed forces than in any other profession."

With that synopsis, I had no idea what I was in for when I started reading this story. While everything mentioned is true, what I felt the strongest was the suspense... and the super hot bodyguard. 😉

I confess I'm a geek. I totally dig all the behind-the-scenes surveillance and hacking involved when a security teamsuspense...
Mary
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Strap in for a suspense filled and intense journey with sexy bodyguard Justin Trainer. Trainer is protection for hire, being ex-military, he has all the skills and loyalty to handle any situation. The one situation he struggles with the most is his ex-wife and getting time to spend with Lilly, the daughter he adores. I love those moments where you truly get to see his softer side as Lilly has him wrapped around her finger. He gets called in to protect Devon Anderson, a billionaire facing some th ...more
Lisa Hill
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been agonising over this review for a couple of days, trying to put into words how to sum this book up. It’s everything, all wrapped up in one delicious package. There’s romance, suspense, BDSM, blackmail, comedy (close protection for a camel?) and so much more.

Justin Trainer is the bodyguard in charge of ensuring billionaire Devon Anderson’s security and safety. From what, we’re not initially sure, other than it may be ‘low level’.

Justin deals with everything in suc
Ira
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read several books by Jane Harvey-Berrick up to now but I never know what exactly to expect. In this case, I had a bit of a hard time with our hero's boss and his sexuality or rather the ways he is living his sexuality. Despite the fact that we learn a lot about the billionaire's sexuality and his preferences, he stays a bit vague, a bit flat. We know that he may be bi or asexual or ...whatever but we definitely know that he is deeply troubled.
I must admit that I don't like all this BDSM s
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of romance books about billionaires with a kinky side, who surround themselves with an army of employees. These stories follow the rich guy falling in love, but how about the people that work for them? What do they think of their boss’s antics? Guarding the Billionaire tells the story of Justin Trainer, who works as a bodyguard for the rich and famous. I’ve enjoyed the first part of the Duet very much.
“I’m the silent bodyguard at the back of the room. I’m the eyes watching you. I’m the/>
Patti
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Guarding the Billionaire is not your same old, run of the mill, billionaire love story. We really are getting two stories in one. We have a wonderful ex-Marine, Justin Trainer, dealing with his failed marriage and trying to wrangle time with his daughter. And he really doesn't like his first name, lol. He's the bodyguard to billionaire Devon Anderson. Devon is a pretty tortured soul from some traumatic events (yet to be revealed, but I suspect) that happened in his childhood. He is into self inf ...more
Anima
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a unique read from Jane Harvey-Berrick! I hadn't even read the blurb when I requested an ARC to read, I just trust her writing will thrill me to no end. Justin Trainer, ex-Marine going through a nasty divorce, is on close protection detail for billionaires. Rock stars, Saudi princes or agribusiness genius? He's guarded them all. Currently his boss is Devon Anderson, eccentric billionaire with a taste for the kinky. I found myself enthralled with Justin's story and how he perceives his bos ...more
Tracy
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into this not really knowing what to expect and ended up being pleasantly surprised. This book is about an ex military guy who is hired to be protection for this young billionaire. The billionaire is a self made billionaire but he has a dark side. There was an air of mystery around him and as I was reading and going on the journey with his chief protection officer I was shocked at the secrets and scandals that were uncovered. I loved Trainer and his vent!needs with his daughter and with R ...more
Lora
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars

I like that this book isn’t just about the main character. I liked that it was mostly from one point of view. I loved that it was surprising on almost every page. I also loved having very little idea of what to expect from the synopsis of the book on Goodreads.

Justin Trainer, the bodyguard, has done his time in the military and is now a successful personal protection expert. His new client is a bit of a mystery, but it’s the new client’s housekeeper that gets Trainer
Lisa Icard
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review! Jane Harvey Berrick is one of my absolute favorite authors!

Guarding the Billionaire is like FSOG on steroids! We meet Justin Trainer, an ex Marine in the business of providing security for the wealthiest of the wealthy! In comes the secretive,allusive and dominant Mr. Anderson.

There is much suspense, debauchery, blackmail and hilarity all rolled up into one. Justin struggles balancing his job while trying to maintain a relationship with his a
Morbihan56
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book with a definite Fifty Shades feel to it.
Chelle
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guarding the Billionaire

What a book!!!! Trainer oh my.....he has made me laugh and laugh! You can not help but love this guy. He is tough,foul mouthed,a loving father and so much more. Anderson...... I can't even begin to wrap my head around him yet. Anxious to start the next book
Erin Lewis
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review of Guarding The Billionaire by Jane Harvey-Berrick

Jane Harvey-Berrick is a new author to me and what a way to be introduced to her writing. I had no real idea what this book was going to be abut when I volunteered to rad it but I am so glad that I did.

Having served his country, in an effort to save his struggling marriage, Justin leaves the forces and takes up a job doing personal protection and security. Sadly, his marriage is no more but he certainly finds
Raj
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
The book lacked any true eroticism to really peak the deviant senses and rather than delving into true darkness it teased with blinking lights and safe bland passages.There are two heroes. Anderson is the silent and broken billionaire.A hero with a savoir complex,saving everyone but himself as he beats himself regularly with barbed whips into the blackness of night in the sanctuary of his mediation room while maintaining cold control during in the light of day.

Justin Trainer is a coc
Mandy
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book from start to finish.  Justin Trainer is a brilliant character, extremely loyal with an awesome sense of humour.  Mr Anderson is a weird-billionaire-genius with major issues.

If you are a romance reader then you will have come across the tormented billionaire story and probably fallen in 'book-boyfriend' love with him, however have you ever paid any attention to his bodyguard? The silent man in the background, the keeper of his secrets, and the one who see
KFForever
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

Well, I can honestly say that Harvey-Berrick has pleasantly surprised me. Billionaire romance is one of my fave tropes; however, this read which overflows with the laugh-out-loud scenes, cutting sarcasm and intrigue is unique in the respect that it's a reversal of what I'd thought it would be. Remember bodyguard/driver Jason in 50? Then you'll get my meaning!

I couldn't help liking Justin Trainer, ex-Marine and professional bodyguard. A loving fathe
Sylvia Clail
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cynical? Me? You ain't seen nothing yet.

This line sums up the start of the story. Justine Trainer is ex military who's attitude is to say it how it is. His character is comical although professional.

Trainer is a personal close protection officer or bodyguard since exiting the military. Trainer has a big heart and you warm to his character quickly. What makes him even more likeable is his humour. I love how the author has made his wit in the book. He mainly is thinking in
Star Girl
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was boring AF! When this seemed to be going no where exciting after 100 pages i skimmed through the rest and it didn't get much more interesting. It was poorly executed.
Martyk
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from this author. I absolutely loved this book!! I can’t wait to dive into the second book when it hits my kindle!!
Claire Pengelly
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received An ARC for a honest review. Absolutely adored this story of Mr Trainer, was completely hooked from the start and immediately wanted part 2 to find out how his and Mr Andersons story concludes, which i am now currently reading. It makes you laugh, cry and also get abit angry at parts but thats what makes it soo gripping and not want to put it down
Beverly
Jane Harvey-Berrick is one of my favorite authors. Her stories are amazing
description

This one is not different. Justin is hot, a great dad, amazing lover and the best bodyguard money can buy

description

His boss, Mr. Anderson, what a mystery. Can't wait to know what's going on with him, but I will tell you th
Paige Burton
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

It’s 50 shades from Taylor’s point of view! I have to say the billionaire Devon is very similar to Christian. But with a twist. It has humor, drama and love. Oh yeah and sex. I highly recommend. To bad E.L James didn’t think of telling a story from Taylor’s point of view.
Jo
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, m-m, kinky-fuckery
It was ok, not sure why it got people worked up though 🤔 just me then..
Christine
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-books
Not at all what I was expecting....

So...for those of us who have read FSoG...

I felt like a voyeur - watching Taylor and Mrs. Jones have sexy times. It just creeped me out.

For everyone who doesn’t know who those characters are.....Jack Trainer is hired to protect Devon Anderson, a young, wealthy entrepreneur with questionable taste in friends. However, as he settles into his job, Trainer falls hard for Rachel, Devon’s housekeeper, who gets put in harm’s way as her boss’s
Nikki
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this was not quite what I was expecting from this story but it was better!
Unsure whether I wanted to read yet another romance book this book managed to make my little reading heart feel better by having everything thrown into one book!
Romance... fun.. drama... some kinkiness.. some hotness.. and so much sarcatarsic comments I laughed more than once when reading!
Mr Grey with a huge twist is one way I could sum this book up but I think I'd take Mr Trainer over Grey any day!
Jane has smashed
Imagey
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

• Gym or Chocolate?
  • All The Forbidden Things
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • What We Do in the Night (Day to Night, #1)
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Jersey Six
  • Moti on the Water
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Savaged
  • Drop Dead Dirty
  • Cherry Beats
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • The Last Post
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Jesse (Bossy Brothers, #1)
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas!

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas.

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share.

To keep

Justin Trainer (2 books)
  • Saving the Billionaire (Justin Trainer, #2)