Start by marking “The Cure for Stupidity: Using Brain Science to Explain Irrational Behavior at Work” as Want to Read:

Published May 22nd 2019 by Peacock Proud Press

To ask other readers questions about The Cure for Stupidity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cure for Stupidity

Start your review of The Cure for Stupidity: Using Brain Science to Explain Irrational Behavior at Work
Niki Lance
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Every office book club needs to read this book!! The concepts, strategies, and information make a massive impact on how individuals communicate. It has personally made me a better communicator at work and at home.
Jamie Jack
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, nonfiction
A Case for Communication

I have an interest in neuroscience; it fascinated me while I was in nursing school even though I didn't ultimately become a neuro nurse. So I was intrigued by this title when it showed up at one of my favorite book review sites. It is very easy to read compared to other books on the thought and communication. It felt almost too simplistic at times. But at least it is more accessible than many books I've read on the topic. In this book, the author explores concepts like pe
Judith
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Unusual aspects of psychology. This book was a great surprise to me that it delivered such a high standard, level-headed, professional analysis of human behaviour and the traps we set against harmoniously communicating our points of view in order to be better understood or make the effort to better understand others. I don’t know if the author is an insightful businessman, a scholar of behavioural psychology or just someone with a great deal of lateral thinking and common sense. The book is not ...more
R.K. Emery
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
If I were a manager intoday's corporate world, I would make reading this book mandatory as part of training. I think that watching a course from Eric M. Bailey or having him as a speaker would be the most beneficial, but I think simply reading this book could cut down on so many daily issues that arise simply from the lack of communicating properly.

I love the way Eric writes in a no nonsense way while also teaching us in a simplified manner. I think that is very necessary.

Read this TODAY!
Truly Trendy PR
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cure for Stupidity is an informative and insightful read that is sure to help everyone  communicate better. Full of concepts and strategies that are easy to add into your everyday communication. *I received a complimentary copy  from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. *
Pat Eroh
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book that helps people in so many. ways. I am just amazed by the insight offered by this author. I am using this book to help me in my job to be a better teacher and therapist. Awesome job.

C. Gonzales
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Eric M. Bailey has a way about his writing that puts the reader at ease from the very beginning. From the very first few paragraphs you read he shows us exactly what we will be getting from him and the book. I dare you to start and not want to read the entire thing ASAP!

This book is full of useful information without feeling daunting.
Natalie McQueen
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it. It makes you look at communication a little different. If everyone followed this approach the world would be a little happier especially in the workplace!
Tanya
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reading-again
This book is awesome! It is also totally applicable to life outside the workplace.
Erin Douglas
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This felt like a text version of a day-long seminar. It was clearly written and broke down an extremely complex topic into digestible pieces, supported by relevant anecdotes that brought the concepts to life.

Personally, I feel I need to reread and take notes to get the most out of the content. Definitely recommend as a companion to other management books.
Jamie Bailey
Bea LaRocca
Sep 24, 2019
Shelly Peterson
Sep 25, 2019

• Asylum Road (Jake Caldwell #4)
  • The Winner's Circle
  • Guardian of Angel
  • 50 Dinosaur Tales
  • Scott Free
  • Whiskey Everything
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Social Media Marketing Power Mindset: Learn The Online Digital Advertising Strategies That Can Help Grow Your Business, Network, And Influencer Brand on ... (Social Media Marketing Masterclass Book 1)
  • Wild About Her (All In One Night #1)
  • The Secret
  • A Violin Plays in a Shattered World: Young Jews Saved by Gypsies 1941
  • Tasting Her Christmas Cookies (Frost Brothers #2)
  • The Enigma Dragon: A CATS Tale (The Enigma #9)
  • Return of Anarchy: The Fall of New Australia
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • GenderQueer:  A Story from a Different Closet
  • The Last of Will
  • The Speckled Band
Eric M. Bailey is President of Bailey Strategic Innovation Group, one of the fastest-growing leadership and communication consulting firms in the US. Eric has a unique set of experiences that includes helping NFL Pro-Bowler Larry Fitzgerald pet a rhino, doing barrel rolls in an F-16, and chatting with LL Cool J on the campus of Harvard.

Eric created the Principles of Human Understanding™, a communi