Start by marking “Rubby Jam” as Want to Read:
Rubby Jam

Rubby Jam

When the life of his beloved girlfriend is in danger, he will do anything to save her.

Eric, a handsome young man, falls for Estie, a gorgeous, free-spirited stripper who likes living on the edge. Her uninhibited world, so different from his, intrigues him, and he is curious to find out more.

At the beginning their relationship is electrifying, but over time, Eric is drawn d
Published March 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rubby Jam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rubby Jam

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description I honestly didn't know what to expect from this one. The synopsis sounded intriguing and I love trying new authors, so I figured "what the hell." And I really liked it. The plot was intriguing. The setting (Tel Aviv) was unique. The characters were interesting. It actually read like it could be a movie on the big screen. For 90% of this book I was leaning towards 5-Stars. However, the last 10% took some shine off of it. I found the last bit of this book to be super rushed and the ending quite a
Taylor
Jun 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
The author provided me a free copy with the expectation of an honest review.
•••
I felt pressured in some ways to write a positive or even more neutral review, because it is always an awkward and uncomfortable situation when you are directly given a book from an author, as opposed to a publisher. However, I have noticed that this book has overwhelmingly been receiving praise, so I felt it was important to share my thoughts.
•••
The story follows a young man in Tev Aviv who meets a woman, “falls i
Natasha Niezgoda
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: noir, honest-review
Best Translated Book I've Read This Year!

description

Synopsis: Set in Tel Aviv, Eric meets Estie, and he’s instantly attracted. When he finds out she’s a stripper, a lifestyle so far removed from his own, he’s even more captivated by her. In fact, he’s so obsessed with Estie that he falls into her world, where drugs, addiction, and crime come into play.

You guys… this book was so unexpectedly great! As I said above, sometimes things get lost in translation; yet this was gritty, smart, and raw. Also, you get
Sabrina
I realised that a crossroad is a gift, because it gives you the option of choosing a path, and I had turned into a more cautious gambler.
Originally written in Hebrew and set in Tel Aviv, this was a gritty blend of contemporary, romance and thriller genres featuring an impressively well-written protagonist.

The nuanced characterisation of Eric, our main character, was the most memorable and enjoyable aspect of this novel, and is partly the reason why I view this primarily as a contemporary. Over

Grady
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘A crossroad is a gift, because it gives you the option of choosing a path’

Israeli author Daniel Sadikov takes time away from his passion for surfing around the world to offer this debut novel RUBBY JAM – a refreshingly new approach to romance stories. He lives in Tel Aviv.

The story is told through the narration of young and handsome Eric who falls in love with a stripper named Elsie whose life style, while radically different from Eric’s, proves to be a magnet, both as a different way to percei
Ciera
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
RUBBY JAM, originally written in Hebrew, has been translated into English and is definitely a debut novel worth checking out! Set in Tel Aviv, a young man named Eric falls for Estie, a free-spirited stripper who enjoys living life on the edge. Eric is quickly drawn to Estie’s world filled with drugs, alcohol, and crazy adventures. Suddenly, Estie falls ill with liver disease and Eric finds himself eager to go to great lengths to save her which may or may not involve committing a crime...

Right of
Anastasiia Grigoreva
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Starting this book I was expecting an absolutely different story, easier, simpler; and was pleasantly surprised by the twisted and intriguing plot. Dark world of human sins, attraction, passion, pain and life changing choices - all mixed up and told in an unexpectedly humorous way.
The end of the book wasn't fulfilling like ordinary romantic stories, but it makes you think and want more and there is a beauty in it.
Summing up - it totally worth your time even if you're not a fan of the genre.
רחמיאל שרה
"ראבי ג'אם"/דניאל צדיקוב
"יש כל כך הרבה דלתות שאפשר לפתוח בחיים ותמיד כשאתה פותח אחת, גם אם אתה שלם עם הבחירה, מסקרן אותך לדעת מה היה בשאר הדלתות, לאן הן היו מובילות אותך. דבר אחד שהייתי בטוח בו לאורך כל הדרך, החיים איתה לא היו משעממים, ולא משנה איך הייתי מסתכל על זה ואיך הייתי הופך את זה; נשמנו עמוק ביחד, כשהרבה אנשים סביבנו שכחו לקחת אוויר."
ספר קסום שמתחיל ברוח נערי הפרחים של פעם, סגנון מחזמר שיער, הופך לסיפור בוני וקלייד ומסתיים בהתפכחות.
אריק הוא בחור בסביבות גיל ה30 שלו שעובד בבית קפה בתחנת ד
Abir Abu rish
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ראב ג'אם
הספר הפתיע אותי לטובה, כתוב בצורה זורמת וסוחפת.
הספר מספר על התמכרות, ועל תשוקות ,ועל אהבה בלי מעצורים או תמרורי אזהרה.
על הדמויות:
אריק:
אהבתי את דמות של אריק ואת הקרבות שלו, למרות שלא תמכתי בכל החלטות שלו אבל מאוד סקרן אותי מה יהיה ומה יקרה איתו. אהבתי את מסע שעבר, את שלבי התבגרות שלו. הדמות שלו היתה מיוחדת.
אסתי:
דמות של אסתי הייתה פחות מסקרנת בעיניי וגם לא כל כך אהבתי אותה, בעיניי היא אגואיסטית שמחפשת רק את רגש ואת הרגע ולא חושבות מעבר ולא חושבת על אף אחדאחר, לפי דעתי אהבה של אריק לה הייתה
Hava Yosupov
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ואוו!
חייבת להגיד שלא ציפיתי לספר כזה!
מהמשפט הראשון של הספר ועד המשפט האחרון הייתי מרותקת. הרגשתי כאילו נפגשתי עם חבר שלא התראינו הזמון זמן והוא החליט לשתף אותי במה שעבר עליו כל הזמן הזה.
הרגשתי חברה של הדמויות, שהן מדברות אליי ורק רוצות שאקשיב.
המתח שנבנה בסיפור נבנה בצורה טובה, שרשרת האירועים לא רצה ולא נמרחת.
התיאורים קצרים ועניינים- בדיוק כמו שאני אוהבת.
במהלך הסיפור הדמות שלנו- אריק- מגיע לכל מיני תובנות ופרשנויות מעניינות למקרים שחווה ולחיים עצמם, אהבתי שהסופר הכניס את אותן התובנות והפרשנויות ש
Maria Mihaela
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced love story I could say. Love at first sight and compromising in a relationship mingle with a life of drinking and drug addiction. All in all an easy good read. Quite funny most of the time I will need to add. I’m not sure if it’s translated from Hebrew or not but if it is is definitely the best translation that I ever read.
Hagit Ben Hur
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
הספר 'ראבי ג'אם' הוא ספר על התמכרות: התמכרות לסמים, התמכרות לאהבה, התמכרות לריגושים וכולנו כבר יודעים איך התמכרויות נגמרות בסופו של דבר.

הספר הזה לא ישאיר אתכם אדישים, התחברתי לדמותו של אריק, הרבה פחות אהבתי את אסתי, נו אמא פולניה או לא? מנקודת מבט של מישהי בוגרת ומבוגרת אני מאמינה שראיתי דברים שאולי אנשים צעירים שקראו את הספר לא ראו, כל אחד ונקודת מבטו שלו, בכל אופן, ספר מסקרן ומומלץ ביותר.
Leesa
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story. I thought at first oh another hot sex book but I was wrong. It was much more than that and I really could relate. Thank you for the book. I so enjoyed it.
Sveta
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I like the book. It's a little different than I usually read. But it made me think. I'm still thinking... about love and doors we choose to open in life.
Recomended.
ענת כהן-שמש
ספר בהחלט לא שיגרתי, קראתי אהבתי השאיר אותי דרוכה .
Ronit Mizrahi
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ספר מעולה מרתק הכתיבה נפלאה ממליצה בחום אחד האהובים עליי
Christine Woinich
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This story had its ups and downs. It was a very gritty, dark tale of love, addiction, survival, and should have felt more emotional. The ending was also not what I hoped for. Instant attraction between Estie and Eric lead down to the bottom, and they struggled to keep going and survive. My heart felt for them even though I had trouble liking them.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Chris
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this book as a Goodreads giveaway. I did not like the book at all. Just not my type of read but mostly not what I expected. Two stars is a stretch for me. Sorry.
Brit Zeev
Denise
May 24, 2019
אלינור לוגסי
Mar 29, 2019
Daniel Sadikov spent his recent years surfing around the world while working odd jobs to support himself and enable those trips.

When he writes, he discovers things about himself, and when he reads, he discovers things about life. He hopes his readers will find their inner truth between the lines of what he has written.

Today, Sadikov lives in Tel Aviv with his wife and their cat, who just loves squ